PDA

View Full Version : Idiot buys M6 that she cannot afford.

NervGS
02-12-2008, 08:12 AM
http://cbs5.com/local/auto.loan.defaults.2.645976.html

God damn, fucking idiots. First it's houses, and now the morons are buying shit that depreciates the second it moves off the lot.

Now, I understand it was the dealership's fault as well (the money grubbing salesman is only thinking about commission) but the person who "bought" the car is at more fault to blame than anyone else.

This is why this country is in the state it is right now. Will the government bail people like this out like they did with the idiots who bought houses in California on an interest only loan?

-glenn

brndck
02-12-2008, 08:35 AM
what a fucking retard. she deserves to get that ish reposessed. but she'll probably sue the dealership and end up owning it somehow. if she knows that her income is only $2500 theres no way she believed that she'd qualify for a 100k car. either she knew about her income being falsified on the application, or she's the biggest moron i've heard about all morning. either way, she needs a swift kick to the dome.

Team Aero-K
02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
you guys should type in "Zeitgeist, the movie" in google and watch it....man o man it would make you wanna burn this country down....that is all im going to say

HyperTek
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
She got caught up in the excitement and said she told the salesperson about her $2,500-a month income.
It eats up half her income which is a $2,500 disability check.

Yet, she got it at BMW of Fremont without showing a drivers license, pay stub, or any proof of income.

Hey free car!

ManoNegra
02-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Agree, dealership salesperson was pretty shaddy but ultimately she was the one that signed on the dotted line. Very common syndrome imo, people that live beyond their means, paycheck to paycheck, just to live a pretend life.

veilside180sx
02-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I have a hard time believing a dealership did a loan on a vehicle w/o taking a copy of your drivers license. Most won't even let you test drive a car w/o it.

Secondly most institutions don't require a paystub or proof of income if you have a high credit score, which i can only assume she did. Disability is considered income just the same as anything else, as long as it is not going to come to an end during the repayment period that is all they are legally allowed to ask. As long as the woman's debt to income ratio was in check and she was credit worthy, then the dealership did not do anything wrong.

People have to take responsiblity for their actions. If she knew she could not afford it, she should not have walked into that dealership in the first place.

FaLKoN240
02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Cool, she's a bay area local!

NOT.

Farzam
02-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Some people just need to be thrown in a massive bonfire the size of New Jersey.

fliprayzin240sx
02-12-2008, 09:26 AM
I should go there, then ship the car over seas...

Phlip
02-12-2008, 09:32 AM
I read this:
Vivian has only a few options. She can plead with the finance company to release her from the lease or have the car repossessed, losing her good credit and a $30,000 down payment which consisted of her entire retirement savings.
And the feeling of ZERO pity for this broad was firmly solidified, she let herself get so snowed on getting the car that she not only lied on the application by allowing someone else to falsify information, but also gave away her fucking retirement?
Serves her right.

jeeper_x
02-12-2008, 09:52 AM
The dude is a good salesman...
The bitch is dumb enough to believe his bullshits.....

Fin

ManoNegra
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
You can retire on $30,000!? Dope.

hotlavaflow
02-12-2008, 10:20 AM
$1500 S13 FTW. I hate car payments or any payments at all. Always buy my cars with cash and pay insurance for the whole year with one payment..

CAPoweredS14
02-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Reminds me when I worked for Ford and knocked a dudes head off on a SuperDuty FX4 for 60k. I made good on that deal because I totally made him believe he needed it. Fruits of having a PhD in BS..

IStop4NoMan
02-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I have a friend who has a money problem also. its quite annoying, but not as bad as this chick.

basically, she tried trading in her SUV that she was UPSIDEDOWN 10K on and expected the dealership to eat that cost. and she also wanted the new car to be cheaper than i would have been without the trade in...
:loco:

Farzam
02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Most of my friends fail at money management...

I'm alright at it I suppose.

steve shadows
02-12-2008, 10:34 AM
The dude is a good salesman...
The bitch is dumb enough to believe his bullshits.....

Fin

agreeeeeeeeeed

LB.Motoring
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Dumbbbbbbbbbbb bitch.

I love my bmw, Leasing a car is ALWAYS for the fail, by used, buy in your range, buy with cashoola, thats what I did :D

SimpleS14
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
This is not a good sign for the U.S. economy. Once people start to default on auto loans, who knows what direct the auto industry will go into...heck it might be bad times for imports given the weaken dollar.

Once people start to default on student loans.....this country is done.....

ryguy
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
I second that everybody should watch Zeitgeist. The part about the Federal Reserve.

drift freaq
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
This is not a good sign for the U.S. economy. Once people start to default on auto loans, who knows what direct the auto industry will go into...heck it might be bad times for imports given the weaken dollar.

Once people start to default on student loans.....this country is done.....

Once people start to default on student loans? Once? HAHAHAHA where have you been man. People have been defaulting on student loans for over 10 years. Its actually a very common problem in the loan world.

People defaulting on auto loans, thats scary. Auto loans are some of the easiest to get and the easiest to take care of and pay off. If this lady bought a 100k car knowing she was only pulling in $2500 well I am sorry but I have no pity.

Just like I have no pity for the people that had incomes that could afford a 400k home but went for a Jumbo loan to buy the 600k-1 mil home. Or the sub prime fools in the burbs who had to do stated income because basically they just could not afford to buy that house.

Or the jackasses that took out 2nd or 3rd mortgages based on their home equity and then bought a car,boat or took a vaction with the cash.

On the subject of the salesman a Salesman or women that knowingly sells something to a person they know cannot afford it is not a good salesperson. They are unethical and dishonest.

People bitch about sales people for this very reason lack of ethics. Yet you guys here applaud a salesperson for being unethical. Wow no wonder this country is having so many problems.

P.S. a weaker dollar actually works in our advantage export wise and actually can be used to balance the trade imbalance. You have to learn more about economics before just complaining about a weak dollar.

I should add a weak dollar works to our advantage as long as its not weak enough to become inflationary. See Germany after WWI for reference.

OptionZero
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Apathy
Ignorance
Self-Entitlement

The american dream

240love^_^
02-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Once people start to default on student loans? Once? HAHAHAHA where have you been man. People have been defaulting on student loans for over 10 years. Its actually a very common problem in the loan world.

People defaulting on auto loans, thats scary. Auto loans are some of the easiest to get and the easiest to take care of and pay off. If this lady bought a 100k car knowing she was only pulling in $2500 well I am sorry but I have no pity.

Just like I have no pity for the people that had incomes that could afford a 400k home but went for a Jumbo loan to buy the 600k-1 mil home. Or the sub prime fools in the burbs who had to do stated income because basically they just could not afford to buy that house.

Or the jackasses that took out 2nd or 3rd mortgages based on their home equity and then bought a car,boat or took a vaction with the cash.

On the subject of the salesman a Salesman or women that knowingly sells something to a person they know cannot afford it is not a good salesperson. They are unethical and dishonest.

People bitch about sales people for this very reason lack of ethics. Yet you guys here applaud a salesperson for being unethical. Wow no wonder this country is having so many problems.

P.S. a weaker dollar actually works in our advantage export wise and actually can be used to balance the trade imbalance. You have to learn more about economics before just complaining about a weak dollar.

I should add a weak dollar works to our advantage as long as its not weak enough to become inflationary. See Germany after WWI for reference.

agreed!!! msg length

azndoc
02-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Watched the video.

Wow what a stupid lady.

I'm sure that the salesman is to have some blame too.

But it's never the fault of the con man its the person that gets con that is at fault.

Sucks to hear but just sounds like she's trying to put the blame not on herself but others.

Vision Garage
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
She shouldve bought a 240sx vert! No payments and still can get the top down!

DUFFM4N
02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
that reporter sue kwon is pretty hot :naughty:

downshift_sideways
02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I know that beamer!!!

woot! He lives a few houses from me!

Go San Leandro!

alindeman1989
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Good old Fremont. Really you can always say no. If you are on disability, then you should know that you dont have the money for a M6. In the end she signed the line.

kouki_s14
02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
high schools should really implement a finance class as a requirement for graduation, WITH a minimum passing grade of 80%

then the economy wouldnt be in the shitter

eastcoastS14
02-12-2008, 03:00 PM
^^ doubt that lol people spend money like tards regardless

The problem is within our society if you ask me. We live in a society that is solely focused on status. For some reason in this country we are so concerned with who has what and having the new and expensive even if its beyond our means. We look up to celebrities and see rich people who can afford things and the average person does the calculations and find out that they can technically "afford" something nice like a new car even though it eats half their incom. But they dont care cause they want it so bad, never mind the fact that its a huge liability that has a super high depreciation rate. Our society is so material and concerned with "keeping up with the jones'" that people will put them selves in debt for the rest of their lives to have that nice house on that nice block and the right car and the membership to the right country club just to be with the incrowd and live well beyond their means...truth is not all of us are celebrities and its not this shit you own that defines you

kouki_s14
02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
^^ doubt that lol people spend money like tards regardless

lol yea

truth is not all of us are celebrities and its not this shit you own that defines you

that's the truth, but try telling that to the country

HyperTek
02-12-2008, 03:27 PM
high schools should really implement a finance class as a requirement for graduation, WITH a minimum passing grade of 80%

then the economy wouldnt be in the shitter

They have one its called Economics

Bobafreak
02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
lol wow. one of the guys here has a m6 im looking at it right now. i noticed, why is it i only see convertible m6's?

kouki_s14
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
They have one its called Economics

economics is about supply and demand bullshit.
what i meant is that they need to add a class teaching people how to spend/save their money

A Spec Products
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Apathy
Ignorance
Self-Entitlement

The american dream

Quoted for troof.

economics is about supply and demand bullshit.
what i meant is that they need to add a class teaching people how to spend/save their money

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2007/images/0420.h1.gif

Crash course in Econ....this lesson will take 5 seconds

Whoever is trying to decide on a major for college, I just saved you from majoring in Economics

Try business instead

Haha

OptionZero
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
if ur gonna bust out the graphs and charts...

http://www.jamphat.com/rap/index_files/image003.jpg

http://www.jamphat.com/rap/index_files/image110.jpg

SimpleS14
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM

ugh...i meant to the point it has a huge impact on the economy haha

ByeByeSti
02-12-2008, 09:52 PM
my vote... is that there both idiots!

240sx_sr20det
02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Fail. Make her stand in a fire or something.

Matej
02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
My image of that lady is a complete material girl who probably wanted to outdo her friends or neighbors no matter what it took, she knew what she was getting into and she had it coming.

P.S. a weaker dollar actually works in our advantage export wise and actually can be used to balance the trade imbalance.
Too bad America doesn't have any serious export and is scarily dependent on imported goods.

240love^_^
02-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Quoted for troof.

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2007/images/0420.h1.gif

Crash course in Econ....this lesson will take 5 seconds

Whoever is trying to decide on a major for college, I just saved you from majoring in Economics

Try business instead

Haha

Hey, I'm a Global Economics major. lol

Crap. oh well.

blasting_speed
02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I think she was in on it, and then had second thoughts. She's still an idiot.

Farzam
02-13-2008, 02:06 AM
She shouldve bought a 240sx vert! No payments and still can get the top down!

I should send her an e-mail offering to sell her mine :bigok:

300hp owen
02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
You can retire on $30,000!? Dope. ROFL!!!!!!!!!

post of the dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

i need tires
02-13-2008, 10:23 AM
yea she is dumb.. when i was a loan officer we would be able to do loan without seeing anything as long as the persons credit score was good enough. Basically they just needed to breath for us to do a loan for them.

And this is even easier with selling car because there are so many loops they would give to shits about who u are.. just as long as u got good credit they can get you into ANYTHING u want lol