PDA

View Full Version : DSM, im done with it,

bardabe
02-10-2008, 12:05 PM
sure the 4G63 is great, sure the car made 368whp and 352wtq at 20PSI, but over all under steer, traction issues, and body roll own that fuckin thing. it has no personality, after all it really is a Bubble on wheels. non the less im turning it back to stock and selling it, parting out the turbo set up. and hopefully getting back into the Schassis world =) :whip: :p :hug: Hi guys, i am back

Antihero983
02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
HA I KNEW IT!!! THEY ALWAYS COME BACK!!

so yeah bout fucking time man!!!

bardabe
02-10-2008, 12:32 PM
yeah i also gotta re enlist my premie membership

ThatGuy
02-10-2008, 01:02 PM
You're lucky I didn't put money on it. :D

02-10-2008, 01:05 PM
ct9a is the only thing the 4g63 should be in.

lflkajfj12123
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
yes barbade welcome back man

dsm garbage

bardabe
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
You're lucky I didn't put money on it. :D

lol no kidding, ha ha im already getting ready / saving up for 5 lug and nice body panels. all OEM yo, so eh yeah Lisa i really hope u can do me the favors ha ha

fliprayzin240sx
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome back and go bang some more korean chicks...

ByeByeSti
02-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Welcome back bro s-chassis is only way to go!

Daniel.
02-10-2008, 09:32 PM
dude, what mods did you have?

368whp at 20psi is pretty amazing.

wait, you probably have a fwd dsm huh?

bardabe
02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
dude, what mods did you have?

368whp at 20psi is pretty amazing.

wait, you probably have a fwd dsm huh?

Yeah FWD one leg pegger

as for mods

TDO6H 20G Clipped 15* Ported + Polished
Evo III manifold ported
Slow bow racing 02 Housing
Tial 40mm WG external Dump
3" Exahust Turbo Back
2.25" Aluminum Short route IC piping
JDM Evo IX FMIC
Custom C02 IC Sprayer using Nitrous purge kit
and a greddy Type S
1st gen 60mm TB
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Sard FPR
FIC 650cc Injectors
SAFC II
ACT 2100 Street clutch

and Datalogger

that was pretty much the set up, but i think i want to go back to the Good old

RB25 Holset H1C Power FC set up.

norcal_black240
02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
My friend had a dsm with bout high 200 whp im guessing. Thing sucked at everything except going fast from a roll. Thing sucked so hard from a stop. He took it to the track and ran like a 14 something @ 105 mph and his 0-60 foot time was like a 2.7 or a 2.8 cause he had crap for traction.

lazy240
02-11-2008, 01:02 AM
hahah another dick sucking machine driver gone

Daniel.
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah FWD one leg pegger

as for mods

TDO6H 20G Clipped 15* Ported + Polished
Evo III manifold ported
Slow bow racing 02 Housing
Tial 40mm WG external Dump
3" Exahust Turbo Back
2.25" Aluminum Short route IC piping
JDM Evo IX FMIC
Custom C02 IC Sprayer using Nitrous purge kit
and a greddy Type S
1st gen 60mm TB
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Sard FPR
FIC 650cc Injectors
SAFC II
ACT 2100 Street clutch

and Datalogger

that was pretty much the set up, but i think i want to go back to the Good old

thats a pretty nice setup. it would probably net you about 330+ on an awd car.

jackjack
02-11-2008, 11:29 AM
after helping my friend swap 3 engines, tow it about 5 times, and change every part imagineable on his car.................... i officially hate dsm's. no thanks. oh and, welcome back.

02-11-2008, 02:55 PM

Fuck that go lsx. www.SilviaV8.com

steve shadows
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
:keke: you made that much on a dynojet?

whoopie :keke:

Come to me next time Juan.

BMW is the only thing that could steal me away from Nissans.

But I can't afford to build a 600 whp M3 right now :ugh:

Daniel.
02-11-2008, 03:42 PM

yeah, i forgot to ask what dyno you made the power on.

dynojet = thumbs down :(

bardabe
02-11-2008, 04:46 PM

yeah it was on a dyno jet, yeah next time im actually taking my time, so I will for sure save up and have you tune my Power FC.. keep in mind the car was tuned by me, on the streets, with a logger, lmao

bardabe
02-16-2008, 03:11 PM
so I'm looking into S14's guys, talon is slowly getting put back to stock. hmmmm motivation guys i need it!

ThatGuy
02-16-2008, 03:15 PM
If you were a Premie you'd have plenty of motivation, thanks to Full-Lock.

:keke:

lflkajfj12123
02-16-2008, 03:26 PM
full-lock is the dedicated premie motivator

he makes my pants tight every day

KiLLeR2001
02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
yuck. my very first car was a '95 eclipse all stock. i needed a car and it was the only thing I could find at the time, I was looking for a 240 but they were either too expensive (modded out/riced out) or not what i wanted, i crashed that shit in 7 months due to bald tires + miami + rain! surprisingly it still drove after smashing the front against the wall as well as the rear. i decided after that i was going to be patient and just search for the perfect s-chassis that met my needs, and that i did.

Daniel.
02-16-2008, 06:49 PM
yuck. my very first car was a '95 eclipse all stock. i needed a car and it was the only thing I could find at the time, I was looking for a 240 but they were either too expensive (modded out/riced out) or not what i wanted, i crashed that shit in 7 months due to bald tires + miami + rain! surprisingly it still drove after smashing the front against the wall as well as the rear. i decided after that i was going to be patient and just search for the perfect s-chassis that met my needs, and that i did.

An eclipse isn't automatically a dsm. :mepoke:

240sx_sr20det
02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
My winter car could use some more power.

Want to donate those parts to the 'Beef it up' Foundation? :boink:

bardabe
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
My winter car could use some more power.

Want to donate those parts to the 'Beef it up' Foundation? :boink:

ha ha a donation of the right price :cj: unless ure car is awd it'll be like rocket powered roller skate. i cudn't even get traction on the freeway.

240sx_sr20det
02-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Obviously it's AWD.

I don't fuck around. :nono:

Antihero983
02-16-2008, 10:42 PM

but it is automatically a piece of shit, regardless of year.

again, if your gonna go mitsu, its either Evo, Starion, or nothing.

but good luck affording an Evo and good luck finding a clean starion....so you might as well not at all try. lol

240sx_sr20det
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM

but good luck affording an Evo and good luck finding a clean starion....so you might as well not at all try. lol

Sir, you don't have to be so negative.

I don't think we can be friends anymore if you're going to trash my winter car. :fawkd:

racepar1
02-16-2008, 11:09 PM
sure the 4G63 is great, sure the car made 368whp and 352wtq at 20PSI, but over all under steer, traction issues, and body roll own that fuckin thing. it has no personality, after all it really is a Bubble on wheels. non the less im turning it back to stock and selling it, parting out the turbo set up. and hopefully getting back into the Schassis world =) :whip: :p :hug: Hi guys, i am back

Welcome back! But it honestly doesn't sound like you put much effort into the suspension. Road Race Engineering has absolutely EVERYTHING you need to make your DSM handle. It won't be comfortable, but it will handle well enough.

lucky7
02-17-2008, 12:08 AM
i drove a DSM for a month... then the starter went, fried 2 ecu's, replaced a MAF, CAS, and the fuel pump died. so i spent 6 months trying to sell it. and i lost $1000 on it.
ill NEVER do that again. welcome back.

Tops*
02-17-2008, 12:15 AM
full-lock is the dedicated premie motivator

he makes my pants tight every day

Man, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. I should get a premie membership.

Welcome back. Well, I wasn't in an S-chassis when you joined back in 2005, so nice to meet you.

Antihero983
02-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Sir, you don't have to be so negative.

I don't think we can be friends anymore if you're going to trash my winter car. :fawkd:

lol aw cmon man!

:rofl:

Daniel.
02-17-2008, 10:45 AM

haha. i agree.

evo, starion, or fail.

bardabe
02-17-2008, 11:33 PM
haha. i agree.

evo, starion, or fail.

i clearly failed:hahano:

lflkajfj12123
02-18-2008, 12:42 AM
you PASS in my book barbade

homie dont take none

Daniel.
02-19-2008, 12:32 AM
i clearly failed:hahano:

hey at least you made some decent power. :)

now you're back into 240's. you're on the way up again. :naughty:

bardabe
02-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, i skipped the S and went on the the 2nd best letter after that, got muh self a nice Z32 TT. pics to come after

JDM Kouki Tail lights
Stillen Exhaust
FN0R1-C's

David Steele
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
sure the 4G63 is great, sure the car made 368whp and 352wtq at 20PSI, but over all under steer, traction issues, and body roll own that fuckin thing.

You didn't put any suspension work in it so this doesn't justify anthing and plus you had a DSM not worth owning a FWD .

yes barbade welcome back man

dsm garbage

''DSM garbage cars'' the only real unibody awd cars to run 7.7 no wheelie bar through manual shifted mitsubishi cased gear box with straight cut gears.

after helping my friend swap 3 engines, tow it about 5 times, and change every part imagineable on his car.................... i officially hate dsm's. no thanks. oh and, welcome back.

Sounds like your friend didn't know what he was doing each time I hear this mess all the time. No one knows the real story behind your friends cars so it can't be justified.

1g-2g 90-99 are all DSM's regardless of trim.

Try going just as fast as the ''awd pieces of shit'' for the same money.

Welcome back! But it honestly doesn't sound like you put much effort into the suspension. Road Race Engineering has absolutely EVERYTHING you need to make your DSM handle. It won't be comfortable, but it will handle well enough.

Exactly don't expect a 1g to handle well at all they have a high ride hieght and a small front sway bar and those old rotten bushings are a joke on just about every high mileage one.

I own an S13, 92 awd TSI and 2 Honda's, and they are all great cars, but when you're trying to extract power out of these things it has to be looked over very often. It's never a set it and forget it deal and that goes for every car.

lucky7
02-27-2008, 05:45 PM
i hate DSM's. i dont care how fast matt shepard's talon is now. lol
its like every season theres a thread on our local forum. 'shep did it again.'

David Steele
02-27-2008, 05:57 PM
i hate DSM's. i dont care how fast matt shepard's talon is now. lol
So? And it's John Sheperd

its like every season theres a thread on our local forum. 'shep did it again.'

Okay so?

lucky7
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
whatever his first name is. isnt his the 7.70 car you're reffering to??

my point. most people dont really care how fast they are. or how cheap they are. thats always the main point DSM'ers try to bring up. 'its fast, and it only cost $1000'. that is all fine and great. but you guys fail to realize that non-DSM'ers. we dont give a shit. there's an old saying that suits all diamond star cars. 'you can't polish a turd'. you can try. and people often do.

i tried it once.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o190/dane240/talon1.jpg
utter failure. i knew better before hand, now i know. lol.

defend them and 'enjoy' them all you like. im just letting you know. its a touchy subject. love/hate.

Daniel.
02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
explain to me how an eclipse rs is a dsm again?

anything after 1995 is "technically" MMMA not DSM anyways

David Steele
02-27-2008, 06:39 PM
whatever his first name is. isnt his the 7.70 car you're reffering to??

my point. most people dont really care how fast they are. or how cheap they are. thats always the main point DSM'ers try to bring up. 'its fast, and it only cost $1000'. that is all fine and great. but you guys fail to realize that non-DSM'ers. we dont give a shit. there's an old saying that suits all diamond star cars. 'you can't polish a turd'. you can try. and people often do.

i tried it once.
utter failure. i knew better before hand, now i know. lol.

defend them and 'enjoy' them all you like. im just letting you know. its a touchy subject. love/hate.
Do not say we? I OWN BOTH.

All I see is I tried, I failed it and now I'm bitching about it.

So, you're lack of knowledge on the car gives you all the reason to speak so boldly :keke: .

explain to me how an eclipse rs is a dsm again?

anything after 1995 is "technically" MMMA not DSM anyways

''Since 2002 its official title has been Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc''. Despite what happened in 1995 Mitsubishi still works in conjuction with chrysler. It's still considered so because they still had a joint venture.

Good luck with your Z32 TT.

Daniel.
02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, if you'd rather refer to a DSM as everything ever produced by the joint venture then, you might as well include the mirage/summit, the galant, the avenger/sebring as well as the stratus.

If you're like the rest of the car enthusiast world, when you think DSM you think 4G63 powered laser/eclipse/talon.

no?

David Steele
02-27-2008, 06:53 PM
If you're like the rest of the car enthusiast world, when you think DSM you think 4G63 powered laser/eclipse/talon.

no?

Well yeah... I personally say the starions, conquest, 3000gt's and Stealths are dsm as well.

Farzam
02-27-2008, 07:22 PM
YEAH SON

Now come back to NC

DarkPhoenix
02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I loved every single DSM I have owned. And only the 89-94 where "true" DSMs as they were built by Diamond Star Motors. Everything after that is a Mitsubishi, as MMC owns that factory.

The slowest DSM I have ever owned was a 13 sec car. My FWD was a 12 sec car. Yes they can be a little unreliable, but no more so than any other performance car.

So sexy!!!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/DarkPhoenixTSi/GVR4/IMAG0038.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/DarkPhoenixTSi/GVR4/IMAG0037-1.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/DarkPhoenixTSi/GVR4/IMAG0039.jpg

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 08:07 PM

So, you're lack of knowledge on the car gives you all the reason to speak so boldly :keke: .

''Since 2002 its official title has been Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc''. Despite what happened in 1995 Mitsubishi still works in conjuction with chrysler. It's still considered so because they still had a joint venture.

Good luck with your Z32 TT.

why are you such a faggot

Daniel.
02-27-2008, 08:09 PM

That's what I was thinking. He's a nitpicky motherfucker isn't he?

David Steele
02-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Do something about it.

murda-c
02-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Do something about it.

Are you hitting on him?:ugh:

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 08:45 PM
your ignorance shines through your arrogant attitude in this thread

please don't come onto this fucking forum with your shit talking to our members just because you're trying to make out the piece of shit you own to be worth a damn

David Steele
02-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Are you hitting on him?:ugh:

I believe he's the one to initially call me a ''faggot'' on the internet.

It makes him look credible.

your ignorance shines through your arrogant attitude in this thread

please don't come onto this fucking forum with your shit talking to our members just because you're trying to make out the piece of shit you own to be worth a damn

Your ignorance to just about everything to this topic is apparent. Show me some constructive critisim. The halfassed ''OMG ITS SHIT'' is all I'm reading.

If it's posted up I will give my input. If you don't like it don't read it. Looks like you didn't have much to say ''faggot'' was all you could come up with,so do you have anything constructive to say about dsm's because I'm open if its within context. I'm waiting to comment on an elaborate omg it shit because of : blank.

Come down to FL maybe you could you know order me around on and see that goes since you think you can do that on a forum?

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
actually i wasn't showing you ANY criticism about DSM'S

the problem is you trying to put other members below you because you enjoy stroking yourself to how much you know about your DSM

take that homo shit to a DSM forum where you guys can giggle about how you all think DSM's are the best thing since sliced bread

David Steele
02-27-2008, 09:19 PM
actually i wasn't showing you ANY criticism about DSM'S

the problem is you trying to put other members below you because you enjoy stroking yourself to how much you know about your DSM

take that homo shit to a DSM forum where you guys can giggle about how you all think DSM's are the best thing since sliced bread

Exactly what I thought not much to say, but useless babble. Think I was gonna go on and on with you and your opinion? I'm better than that.

There goes another no explanation comment ? '' homoshit dsms'' okay and do you have some mechanical fault you would like to discuss have you ever even owned one ? If not then you're done.

He says no critisim and then says HOMOSHIT DSMS :keke: .. contradiction ftl.

DSM aren't the best they are great cars so where you get I thought it was the best thing is beyond me.

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
really?

i'm pretty sure i was referring to your HOMO attitude

not "homoshit dsms"

David Steele
02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
really?

not "homoshit dsms"

homo shit to a DSM forum , because you're trying to make out the piece of shit you own to be worth a damn
mmhmmm

Next... this about all you can say I guess.

Daniel.
02-27-2008, 10:02 PM
mmhmmm

Next... this about all you can say I guess.

bring the tech. lose the attitude.

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 10:03 PM
you enjoy stroking yourself to how much you know about your DSM

take that homo shit to a DSM forum

reading comprehension

http://www.rhlschool.com/reading.htm

should help you out a bit

David Steele
02-27-2008, 10:20 PM
bring the tech. lose the attitude.

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'll tell it how it is.

reading comprehension

http://www.rhlschool.com/reading.htm

should help you out a bit

Next??

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
so you've given up because you failed to bash me accordingly

all you did was make yourself look stupid

NEXT

David Steele
02-27-2008, 10:35 PM
so you've given up because you failed to bash me accordingly

all you did was make yourself look stupid

NEXT

Stupid? hah here is stupid right here.

really?

not "homoshit dsms"

In either case ''homo'' what? The fact that I know more about these cars justifys ''I'm a homoshit'' like you weren't refering to the car aswell SINCE THAT IS THE SUBJECT and I'm still waiting for you to do something about me.

All you could come up with was '' I'm talking shit'' thats all you're amounting to. DO you have anything constructive thing to speak about?

Bash you ? I don't need to do that you're doing it by yourself. You have nothing to speak on I've already asked you about
a mechanical fault you are refering to yet you cannot explain.

I'm done. You think I'm going to keep bringing this up.

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
ughhh you're still not getting it

you just wasted your time typing that out because you still can't understand what i was saying

none of that was irrelevant

Beebo
02-27-2008, 10:46 PM
The whole entire thread

who cares. :eek: quit bickering....

congrats on the Z32. my friend has a tt and he said you drop a tool down in that engine bay and youll never see it again. lol. good luck with her.
let see some pics

Daniel.
02-27-2008, 10:47 PM
yeah, lets see some pics bardabe! :D

lucky7
02-27-2008, 10:51 PM

So, you're lack of knowledge on the car gives you all the reason to speak so boldly :keke:

my shitsubishi ran better the day i sold it, than it did the day i bought it. i replaced alot of shit on it. its just not a car worth having if you ask me. the cons outweigh the pros. if you enjoy a constant battle between the garage and the road. then i guess a DSM is a car for you. i on the other hand, prefer to drive my cars. when and where i want.

So, you're lack of knowledge on my ownership of MY car gives you all the reason to speak so boldly? Touché.

bardabe
02-27-2008, 11:47 PM
ha ha damn taking off the old POS one piece muffler shop dual fart cans, and oem tail took longer than expect it, I'll wash her tomorrow after work and show you guys a nice sexy ass. now she needs

Wheels
Front Lip
and proper ride height.

who cares. :eek: quit bickering....

congrats on the Z32. my friend has a tt and he said you drop a tool down in that engine bay and youll never see it again. lol. good luck with her.
let see some pics

lol thats not true, just gotta take 3 or 4 things off to get to it, thats hoping it didn't go very deep.

David Steele
02-28-2008, 12:38 AM
my shitsubishi ran better the day i sold it, than it did the day i bought it. i replaced alot of shit on it. its just not a car worth having if you ask me. the cons outweigh the pros.

Personally to you it was.

if you enjoy a constant battle between the garage and the road. then i guess a DSM is a car for you. i on the other hand, prefer to drive my cars. when and where i want.

And what fast car is maintenance free ?

i drove a DSM for a month... then the starter went, fried 2 ecu's, replaced a MAF, CAS, and the fuel pump died. so i spent 6 months trying to sell it.

Took you that long to solve that problem? 1 month of driving and 6 months of letting it sit trying to sell it running? That doesn't sound like a very good mechanic.

I'll tell you how it is.

240sx's aren't excused

1. The Kormex Maf and optical CAS rarely go bad on stock DSM's were you replacing those trying to find the problem caused by the ecu?

2. If you replaced the ECU with another one thats not revised you can't blame the car. ( capacitor leaked all over the PCB board.) The capacitors can be replaced with higher temp rated. Even Nissan and Honda's have had blown capacitors when they leak they screw up the operation of the engine if it is even able to turn on. That doesn't mean I'm calling them POS.

3. Your FP and your starter it happened to you hell my pump went bad on my 240 AND TALON shit happens hell look how my 240 pump looked ;

An untouched unopened tank was full of rust with half a tank of fuel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/C-Zero/P1190130.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/C-Zero/P1190131.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/C-Zero/P1190129.jpg

So, you're lack of knowledge on my ownership of MY car gives you all the reason to speak so boldly? Touché.

Saying you drove it for one month was adequate for me sir.

Phlip
02-28-2008, 07:17 AM
This thread went nowhere fast and is going nowhere from here, I will put it to bed now