PDA

View Full Version : Kaizo Industries

Unstroked
02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Has anyone on here heard of these guys? Apparently they sell DOT approved chassis of Nissan Skyline R34's and Nissan Silvia S15's. You get everything but the engine and drive-train and the chassis comes with a vin number. I contacted them about possibly buying a S15 chassis. Here is there link:

www.kaizoindustries.com

ESmorz
02-09-2008, 09:37 PM
So the chassis is approved, but is any drivetrain qualified?

If not, what's the point?

Unstroked
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
So the chassis is approved, but is any drivetrain qualified?

If not, what's the point?

You could just drop a KA in the car to get it registered... Then do what everyone with a 240 does, drop in a SR.... That is the loop hole I was thinking could pass... It is illegal though...

DUFFM4N
02-11-2008, 01:29 PM
these arent even real R33s,34s or s15s...they're manufactured "Kits" for fanboys

Unstroked
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
these arent even real R33s,34s or s15s...they're manufactured "Kits" for fanboys

Do you know how to read? Did you go to their website? Before you go and just flame and make a statement, know the facts... Kaizo Industries buys the Skyline's and Silvia's, reinforces the structure of the car to meet DOT regulations and then sells the chassis. Therefore you end up getting a DOT approved chassis with a Kaizo Vin Number. Yes on U.S. paper work its a kit car, but is just a reinforced chassis. Try reading sometime, you can learn something!!! :keke:

steve shadows
02-11-2008, 02:40 PM
That's not possible.

They would have to meet government crash tests as well as other grueling trials.

Maybe they are subverting the laws by finding an Illegal loop hole, but they are not completely legal under current Federal EPA and NTSA Statute.

California is even harder on these types of issues after reviewing Federal Statutes.

DUFFM4N
02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Do you know how to read? Did you go to their website? Before you go and just flame and make a statement, know the facts... Kaizo Industries buys the Skyline's and Silvia's, reinforces the structure of the car to meet DOT regulations and then sells the chassis. Therefore you end up getting a DOT approved chassis with a Kaizo Vin Number. Yes on U.S. paper work its a kit car, but is just a reinforced chassis. Try reading sometime, you can learn something!!! :keke:

from your response and location (put 2 n 2 together) sounds like u might work for them :jerkit:

the word "kit" is thrown around too much, i still call bullshit...dont get ur panties in a bunch because someone doesnt agree with what ur saying, shockingly....it'll happen more then once in ur lifetime, i know i know..it'll be ok though

Kaizo Unibodies purchases only the best examples of the every kit it offers

its kinda like ebay when u say "jdm style...nismo style, greddy style" what a difference 1 word makes

sideview_180sx
02-11-2008, 06:05 PM
kit cars dont have to meet crash standards look at the ariel atom. kit cars are exceptions like factory five kits.

gun
02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
is doesnt really make sense to me that they would go through all the trouble of strengthening the chassis when it would still be classified as a kit car. Im doubtful that this is legit, but if they are really a licensed kit car manufacturer, then there is a slight possibility, but dont get your hopes up

diomedes
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Kit cars. Just like this one.

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/AdDetails.asp?classified_id=7481

And sort of like this.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid70/pd17386e065ea01b566765e7d7c0c4b2a/fb9f002b.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html%3Fid%3D4289683637&h=295&w=450&sz=13&hl=en&start=12&um=1&tbnid=I8P7jrgOGcx4jM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlamborghini%2Breplica%26um%3D1%26hl%3 Den%26sa%3DX

Unstroked
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
from your response and location (put 2 n 2 together) sounds like u might work for them :jerkit:

the word "kit" is thrown around too much, i still call bullshit...dont get ur panties in a bunch because someone doesnt agree with what ur saying, shockingly....it'll happen more then once in ur lifetime, i know i know..it'll be ok though

Kaizo Unibodies purchases only the best examples of the every kit it offers

its kinda like ebay when u say "jdm style...nismo style, greddy style" what a difference 1 word makes

Its :mrmeph: 's like you that make dumb as comments on the intardnet when you don't know facts. No I do not work for Kaizo Industries. But I am only assuming that your great come back is only going to be as limited to your 5th grade reading level. In regards to your best example comment... You should really learn how to cite facts rather then tear words from context. Here is the whole write up from Kaizo's first page.

Kaizo Unibodies, Inc. is a company that seeks to provide the opportunity for enthusiasts to build and own cars similar to those that are otherwise unattainable.

Each unibody is handpicked by the most demanding eyes, being scrutinized even prior to the remanufacturing process before undergoing a comprehensive 100-point inspection.

As well as reviewing the car in person, the Kaizo team combs through all documented history to ensure no prior accident, flood or salvage history is present. Any detection of frame damage automatically disqualifies the candidate.

The bottom line? Kaizo starts with the best possible example of each vehicle. Then the reconstruction begins. Worn parts are replaced and the body is stiffened with welded L-brackets under the front fenders and welded bracing connecting the
strut towers to ensure rigidity equal to or better than new.

After the unibody has been reconditioned, selected areas are addressed to create a chassis that is designed to be safe on American roads. The door beams are moved up and welded in place, to protect the driver in case of impact in the land of the SUV. DOT approved passenger seat restraints and brake lines are fitted and the vehicle is equipped with approved glazing.

Only after completing this rigorous process and receiving a 17-character VIN does the unibody become a Kaizo.

If you drive like you comment I pray you make it to 24.

Im done. Lets get back on topic.

DUFFM4N
02-12-2008, 01:12 AM
sounds like some advertising...ur first post goes about "asking" if anyone has ever heard of them...then ur next posts end up all "heated" defending them...

pay the fee like everyone else

kdashy
02-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Its :mrmeph: 's like you that make dumb as comments on the intardnet when you don't know facts. No I do not work for Kaizo Industries. But I am only assuming that your great come back is only going to be as limited to your 5th grade reading level. In regards to your best example comment... You should really learn how to cite facts rather then tear words from context. Here is the whole write up from Kaizo's first page.

Kaizo Unibodies, Inc. is a company that seeks to provide the opportunity for enthusiasts to build and own cars similar to those that are otherwise unattainable.

Each unibody is handpicked by the most demanding eyes, being scrutinized even prior to the remanufacturing process before undergoing a comprehensive 100-point inspection.

As well as reviewing the car in person, the Kaizo team combs through all documented history to ensure no prior accident, flood or salvage history is present. Any detection of frame damage automatically disqualifies the candidate.

The bottom line? Kaizo starts with the best possible example of each vehicle. Then the reconstruction begins. Worn parts are replaced and the body is stiffened with welded L-brackets under the front fenders and welded bracing connecting the
strut towers to ensure rigidity equal to or better than new.

After the unibody has been reconditioned, selected areas are addressed to create a chassis that is designed to be safe on American roads. The door beams are moved up and welded in place, to protect the driver in case of impact in the land of the SUV. DOT approved passenger seat restraints and brake lines are fitted and the vehicle is equipped with approved glazing.

Only after completing this rigorous process and receiving a 17-character VIN does the unibody become a Kaizo.

If you drive like you comment I pray you make it to 24.

Im done. Lets get back on topic.

Thanks for quoting straight from the website, how do you know these things as a fact, if you don't work for them?

Since you list your location as Orange county, and their contact number is in the 714(LA/OC), why don't you go pay them a visit?

Lock this shit up.

Sil-Abc
02-12-2008, 01:21 AM
theyre fake.

Phlip
02-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Either you're advertising and mooching off of our site for attention, or you're pushing illegal shit.
Either way, I am locking this.