PDA

View Full Version : Wheel powder-coating idea

revat619
10-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Well, unfortunately, i wont be able to get my wheels for quite sometime, due to some financial difficulties in my family, but it should work out though. Anyway, i was thinking of an alternative, i was wondering what you guys/girls thought. I have a base model S14 '97  (4-lug) with the split spoke alloy wheels. I was thinking of polishing the lip (more like the outer edge....no lip really) and powder coating the rest of the wheel (the spokes) black or gun metal. I'm kinda going for that SSR Mesh look. How do you think that would look? I guess even more importantly, how much do you think it would cost. Thanks.

revat619
10-18-2002, 02:10 AM
C'mon now, nobody even has an opinion? I would really like to know what you guys/girls think of this idea.

uiuc240
10-18-2002, 09:01 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revat619 @ Oct. 18 2002,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">C'mon now, nobody even has an opinion? I would really like to know what you guys/girls think of this idea.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Umm, those wheels basically suck. &nbsp;They have no dish, and they are small and skinny. &nbsp;If you really want just the *look*...paint it yourself. &nbsp;It'll look good from 5 feet, and that's all that matters if you're going cheap. &nbsp;That's what I've decided to do, actually.

Eric