PDA

View Full Version : FS SoCal: '01 LS1/T56 swapped FC, heavily modified, $9950

andrewdruiz
02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I posted this a while back on the v8 forums, but I was testing waters and never really got motivated to bump the thread and eventually forgot about it, so I'll give it another shot by posting it up zilvia because: half of you guys are in SoCal, and you're not as cheap as most FC owners, haha. I'm either thinking of getting rid of both my FC and FD and getting an E46 M3, or getting rid of the FC and getting an S2000 for my fun car. Anyways lets begin the breakdown:

Body:
208xxx miles on chasis + about ~4000 after the ls1 swap (estimated because I don't have a speedo)

Clean title

Sport model, no sunroof, manual windows, TII brakes, manual rack, lightest of the light.

Both front fenders are ugly. I’ve been meaning to replace them, and I will before I sell the car.

Front bumper is fine, I still have the original one, it was chipping real bad, so I replaced it.

Couple of door dings, driver’s side door looks like someone tried to pry it open with a pry bar, so it’s a bit ugly.

Passenger’s side quarter panel is dented. I was told by one of the previous owners that someone backed into him in a parking lot.

Rear bumper/lights are fine.

Aero package on the driver’s side sags a bit, passenger’s side is fine. Has the little rubber lip on the front bumper still. Sport wing is still on.

Paint still shines nicely. Could use a claybar/wax, but the paint is good for being 20 years old.

I also have F+R white S5 bumpers, most of the S5 moldings, and S5 mirrors that I can add on for extra.

Interior/Electrical/Etc.:
Interior is gone. It was maroon and beat up. Being maroon would have been enough reason for me to chuck it.

Sound deadening has been taken out, although I’d recommend putting some dynamat around the tranny tunnel/firewall area. After over a yearof driving, it does get annoying, and hot after beating on it.

Dash was painted black with duplicolor. Has a couple of chips, but it’s in ok shape.

No blower motor.

Painted interior white.

The wiper switch needs to be replaced. The turn signals aren’t working either, although I think it’s something minor. If not, I’ll just replace the whole front main harness.

All right, onto the mods and whatnot:

Battery / Charging / Wiring
4 Gauge Grounding Kit
Rewired Fuel Pump
Summit Battery Relocation Kit

Brakes
Russell SS Brake Lines
Valvoline Synpower brake fluid
Hawk HP+ Street/Track Brake Pads- Front
PFC? Carbon metallic rear brake pads- Rear
New master
New rotors
Rebuilt 4 piston front brakes
Repacked front hub
Custom brake shields with 3” ports for brake ducts

Cooling
Grannys Aluminum Radiator Kit
Taurus E-fan
Greddy Water Temp Adapter
Flex-a-lite E-fan controller
Dexcool/Distilled Water/Redline Water Wetter

With this current combo, the only time it gets a bit hot is when you’re road racing in the middle of a desert at 100*, and even then, I’ve only gone into the 230 range towards the end of the session.

Drivetrain
4.1 Turbo II LSD
Stock Hurst Shifter
LS6 Clutch
Custom Clutch Line Adapter
Grannys T56-TII Rear End Driveshaft
Grannys Transmission Mounting Kit
Pinion snubber
New '01+ Slave
Wilwood 7/8" Clutch Master
Lucas LSD Fluid

Engine
2001 Camaro SS LS1/T56 W/21K miles
Jantzer Ported TB
Comp cams 918 valve springs
Lunati cam- 218/221 .516/.535 114LSA
Catch Can
Engine Bay Painted Black
Grannys Engine Swap Cradle
LS6 Manifold
Oil Filter Pedistal Tapped For Oil Press/Oil Temp
Reflashed ECU
LS1 Harness Rewired By Dan & Steve

Engine is strong like bull. Has about ~4000 miles on top of the 21k miles it originally had when I first bought it. The rear main seal is leaking though, so that’ll have to be replaced eventually.

Exhaust
BBK 1 3/4" Longtubes w/vbands
2.5" Piping
Magnaflow X Pipe
Summit Mufflers

It’s not really loud at all. Sleeper status

Fuel
-6AN Russell Fuel Line Fittings
-6AN Fuel Lines
Corvette Fuel Filter/FPR
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Gauges
Autometer Ultra-Lite Oil Pressure Gauge
Autometer Ultra-Lite Oil Temperature Gauge
Autometer Ultra-Lite Water Temperature Gauge

Mounted where the main ac vents would be, because it has no blower.

Ignition
MSD Plug Wires
NGK TR55 Spark Plugs

Intake
4"-3.5" 90* elbow
3.5” piping
Cone filter

Interior
Corbeau Forza Drivers Side Seat *add 100
Autopower Race Roll bar *add 320
Sparco Steering Wheel
Spin Turn Knob

Suspension
Energy Suspension Hyperflex Graphite Master Bushing Kit
Front Strut Tower Bar
Grannys Sway Bar Spacers
Ground Control Rear Camber Bar *add 90
Mazdaspeed Front Differential Mount
MMR Direct Rear Differential Bushings
MMR Direct Subframe Bushings
Racing Beat Front and Rear Adjustable Endlinks
Racing Beat Front and Rear Sway Bars *add 220
Rear Strut Tower Bar
Tein SS 24 Way Adjustable Coilovers 9/7 Rates w/JIC Camber Plates *add 900

Tires/Wheels- I'll toss some stock wheels back on there, but my track wheels are Mustang GT 17x8 rims with Kumho V700 victorracers and I might toss those in for free...

Price $9950 FIRM. As you saw in the mod list, those mods with asterisks are EXTRA and NOT included. Trades- I'm really just looking for an S2000, sorry 240 guys. I am not looking for a 240sx

Location- Riverside, Ca 92505. I'm in no big hurry to sell it, so if you want to leave me a deposit (non-refundable, I might add), I'll hold the car for you, but for no more than 3 months. NO TIRE KICKERS, SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY, I will drive the car for test drives and the only time you will be able to drive it is after a deposit has been made. Oh, and don't expect to get a free ridealong to see how 'fast' the car is, I'm not going to bone out.

It doesn't really need much. The rear main seal, paint/dent removal/etc., interior (I can install the interior/blower for free if you buy it from my friend), and that's about it.

Here are the pics:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/andrewdruiz/LS1%20FC%20FS%20pictures/?start=20 (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/andrewdruiz/LS1%20FC%20FS%20pictures/?start=20)

Here's a few random pics:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/andrewdruiz/Other/l_523433109c5d47904a107fbd26a84c06.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/andrewdruiz/Other/P1080424.jpg 9" slicks, YUM :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/andrewdruiz/Other/Untitled9.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/andrewdruiz/Other/NewBitmapImage3.jpg

PM me for further questions, pics, etc. Thanks!

Edit- As far as the people questioning the drive ability of this car everyday, the main killer for me is the stiff suspension, but I've seen some of the killer rates you 240 guys have run and you might actually feel it as pretty decent in your books. I used to drive this car everyday before I got my FD (roughly 5 months) and I drove it for about 2 weeks straight during December to take my FD down some routine maint. and inspection. You could probably take off the strut tower bars and run the coilovers to full-soft and it'll feel good.

Edit x2- The valve springs are the NEW revised 918's with less than 500 miles on them, they will support up to a .625 lift and are stronger than they original 918's. I forgot to mention I have titanium valve spring retainers installed too.

swpdwgn
02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
bump for an ls1 fc!

andrewdruiz
02-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Bump for teh superbowl.

aznevoviii
02-03-2008, 07:50 PM
95% interested, please give me a call 240-832-7993

-John Kim

andrewdruiz
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
All other PM's replied to. And to kill a few birds with one stone, as far as drifting the FC with this setup, I see no problem whatsoever :D

PM'ing you right now John. Thanks.

andrewdruiz
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Guys, please, the only other car I'm looking to really trade for (+ cash on my end) is an S2000, thanks.

andrewdruiz
02-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Bump. Looks like my warning to tire kickers is working :D

Angel
02-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Awesome car for the money folks! I have one too :)

andrewdruiz
02-06-2008, 10:31 PM
It sure is! Definitely a great bang-for-buck car!

300hp owen
02-07-2008, 10:04 AM
awesome car, much like mine! (FC sport + LS1 swap = fun!)

glws! thats more than a fair price for a well built car from this seller.

andrewdruiz
02-07-2008, 11:03 PM
THANKS OWEN!!! Your beauty was actually my inspiration to build an LS1 FC! :D Sport powah!!!

300hp owen
02-08-2008, 08:32 AM
hahahha thanks man, looks like youve had a ton of fun in the FC and it is even better now than ever, track tested and built to survive!

some people just dont know how much fun these things are. the new owner will be in a state of bliss for a few years at least, I'm sure. jaw dropping acceleration from the LS1 and the perfectly geared T56, and amazing handling from the FC Sport, man its an awesome chassis... vented rotors at all four corners, etc etc etc.

GLWS dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

andrewdruiz
02-08-2008, 09:31 PM
W00t! Bumperino!

andrewdruiz
02-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Torque in an RX-7?!?! Yes it's true!!!

andrewdruiz
02-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Rolled the rear fenders today and took apart the front end in preparation for the mint fenders I'm getting for it :D

300hp owen
02-11-2008, 10:03 AM
ooooooooooooooooooh minty mint fenders in front and some rolly rollers in back = perfect FC for serious fun!

andrewdruiz
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
ooooooooooooooooooh minty mint fenders in front and some rolly rollers in back = perfect FC for serious fun!

Yessir! :naughtyd:

andrewdruiz
02-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Bumperino!

-Drew

andrewdruiz
02-14-2008, 09:38 PM

300hp owen
02-15-2008, 09:35 AM
oh wow man you were not joking on the rear rolling! thats a nice roll/pull! I would say if you had a 18x10.5 +25 wheel that you could run a 295/30R18 on them in back, no doubt.

a 285/40R17 might be too tall to fit well but a 275 would fit with ease, even on a zero neg camber setup with a 17x10 +35 or +25.

hot damn, GLWS even more!

andrewdruiz
02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks buddy! I knew you'd like it :D Bump! PM's replied!

ThatGuy
02-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Too many bumps.

:lockd: