PDA

View Full Version : Norcal: 1990 white hatch, BLOWN HEAD GASKET, fairly stock w/goodies $900

MikeDeuce
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
CAR IS SOLD, thanks.

Car is located in San Mateo, served as a daily driver/beater for several years until the head gasket blew. It hasn't been driven since, except once a week I have to move it to the other side of the street for street cleaning. The head could be warped, but I'm certainly not going to pop it off to check. Pink (clean title) in hand. $900, tow her away.

http://www.pixelstorm.net/i/240/450x250_a.jpg

http://www.pixelstorm.net/temp/nardi_sm.jpg

Pardon the black ricer hood, white hood also available (condition unknown).
http://www.pixelstorm.net/i/240/450x250_b.jpg

Little sub enclosure I built. The IDQ10 has pretty low air space reqs, but I'm sure this tiny box was pushing it.
http://www.ironvulva.com/g/albums/sub/08_G.sized.jpg

Also a couple mtx amps: http://www.ironvulva.com/g/amp

Not quite as clean as it was in those pictures, but void of any body damage other than the various door ding here and there. Only rust that I'm aware of is a few spots where paint chipped off and was neglected.

Other random vague specs:

-ka24e+BHG
-5sp tranny grinded in second (synchro i'd assume). If you let the revs drop before putting it in second it was fine, annoying if you were trying to take off fast, though. Still commuted like that for years... obviously didn't bother me too much.
-VLSD (worked well enough for parking lot events)
-awesome new windshield (a week before the BHG, *awesome*)
-Koyo aluminum "race" radiator
-nismo power brace
-nismo shift knob (oh shit!)
-SPIN TURN KNOB (omg)
-ebay strut bars (F+R)
-CARB intake
-no cracks on dash... the drivers seat has a tear in the upholstery, though.
-Nardi classico (polished, flat spoke) with a nice locking removable hub.
-jvc exad something-or-other with an SD card slot, monochromatic touch screen (this is not the nice color screen one), and a sirius tuner (sirius antenna included, sirius service will be deactivated, of course).
-custom 10" Image dynamics IDq10 sub (not for bass heads, I built it to fit in the small nook in the hatch. hella practical :P ).
-pair of mtx amps (one is a 342 and the other is something smaller)... the smaller one is like a 50w or something tiny driving the front 4x6 plates (they might be infinity kappa, but I seriously can't remember, so assume the worst).
-autometer oil pressure and water temp mech gauges (the rad hose has the sensor for the water temp).
-assume everything else is stock/well worn/original parts.
-Nasty sponge rear spoiler started to leak when it rained, so I caulked it. I should go into the body shop business.
-I have a spare zenki lip somewhere in storage. That alone makes this car worth buying, I swear.

Took it to a couple of DDNs when we had them at GGF:
http://www.mophos.net/gallery/albums/album26/s13_34.jpg

The car did not have an easy life with me, but it never caught on fire and it was never curbed/wrecked. Leaked oil like a mofo, though. All in all, this is a great car for a motor swap (imo), especially if you want some shitty stereo gear.

Don't want to deal with parting anything out, so do me a favor and just buy it outright. Did I mention the spin turn knob? It's for drifting.

Oh yeah, the registration is up, so I'll probably non-op it... or you can just buy it and deal with that.

Email is the best way to get in touch with me:
[email protected]

jdmlivin
01-30-2008, 02:11 PM
wow good deal were are you located.thanks

S13Boosts
01-30-2008, 02:58 PM
part some of the parts like the shift knob hehe

YoungRookie
01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
wana sell that shift know lol i always wanted that but never wanted to spend 50 bucks or whatever on a new one

imnotmatt1189
01-31-2008, 12:33 AM
pics of the engine? i might be interested...

wow good deal were are you located.thanks

he said in his original post that he was in san mateo...

Z33dori
01-31-2008, 12:37 AM
what fucking steal......

some one needs to hope on this ASAP....toss in a kade and ur fucking ready to rock.

elfenguard911
01-31-2008, 09:10 AM
where would you be located im looking for a secondary 240. i never heard if san mateo.

Kenji001
01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
" Took it to a couple of DDNs when we had them at GGF:"

What is DDNs and GGF?

johnw1415
01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
i would buy it if you are close to iowa

MikeDeuce
02-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry about the abbreviations. DDN = Drift Day Norcal (Parking lot drift event). GGF = Golden Gate Fields (venue).

And for people who aren't aware, Norcal/San Mateo = California, just south of San Francisco.

thanks
mike

wild7driftboy
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
is this car still for sale?

megamanx057
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
willing and able to come and pick up the car. I was wondering if you could drop the price a little just to help pay for a trailer and gas. thanks

MikeDeuce
02-11-2008, 04:05 PM
If someone wants to take this thing off my hands by this weekend, its yours for $800 cash. First come, first serve, bring a trailer or call a tow truck, no haggling and all that :)

downshift_sideways
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
This is mine.

When you get a change call me (510)938-6950 Anthony

MikeDeuce
02-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Forgot to mention, there's two things I forgot about until I checked the car out this weekend:

1) The center bridge of the pig nose bumper is cracked where it meets the bottom of the bumper. So it's like this: ==I== and the = is the hole in the bumper for airflow to the radiator, and the bottom of the "I" has the crack.

2) It also has a low profile dual electric flex-a-lite fan setup in a pull config. It's wired to a switch and I usually ran it full time.

I think that's more good news than bad, though ;)

edit:

Just remembered one more thing, the driver's side door uses a different key. Previous owner mentioned that someone tried to jack it and mangled one lock cylinder.

MikeDeuce
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
update: lots of people interested at this price, I'll keep every up to date on the availability of the car.

MikeDeuce
02-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Flakers, the lot of them. Car is still up for grabs, $800 by this weekend. edit: up on craigslist now.

kyo_kun187
02-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Nice s13.. intrested buyer.. can you send more picks to [email protected]! will come pick up and towed!!!!

wild7driftboy
02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
is the car still available?

MikeDeuce
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry, forgot to update the thread. Car is sold.

Sold within 24hrs of being on Craigslist, too. Crazy.