PDA

View Full Version : User Request: Origin S13

Moncef
01-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey Zilvians,

As some of you may know, I do quite a bit of Photoshop. This is a request mockup I did for "Touge_Monster", an Origin-aggressive bumper and side skirt. I didn't do any copy/pasting, the bodywork is all hand-brushed using a reference picture. Matching the side skirt was quite difficult due to the black paint and how it reflects.

Original [with permission from Touge_Monster]
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5060/img0210hi6.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0210hi6.jpg)

Origin
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1525/s13originsubmissionyt0.jpg

Which brings me to a question, how many people would care to have virtual bodywork done to their cars, to get an idea of what the car looks like before buying a kit? And who would pay to have their photos done as such? Bare in mind that when money is a part of the equation, the process will move a lot more swiftly, and the finished product will look better.

Thanks for looking,

Moncef

firelizard
01-26-2008, 10:33 AM
It's not bad.

But,considering that there are bored people who will Photoshop for free, the market for that is slim.

Also, no offense, but the quality of your work isn't something I'd pay for.

And furthermore, recolouring a car that actually has Origin, and changing the wheels would have been way faster and better looking.

Moncef
01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I realize that, which is why inquired about it. Or else I'd be charging immediately which would be stupid.

Actually, recoloring an origin-equipped car would be about as hard, because I'd need to find one [which takes quite a bit of time itself] and changing any car to black and redoing the reflections [aft of the front clip] would be quite a bit harder than doing a flat black front clip onto the regular car.

Photoshopped cars, I have only done for free, the ones on my Dev, have been done for myself in that the pictures I started with were [mostly] studio shots, so there aren't as many lighting issues.

Thanks for the opinions though.

Moncef

Daniel.
01-26-2008, 11:04 AM
All I can say is you have a long way to go before anyone is going to pay you for your work.

Moncef
01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I've been paid for other PS-related work. I have touched up portraits for a photography firm.

I know what you mean, and this does not, by any means reflect my maximum abilities.

Thanks

Moncef

Helghast
01-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Sir, no one is going to pay for your services.

Reasons:
-There's a request thread for ___ bodykit on my ____ 240sx.
-Every kit has been fitted in every car, ergo its picture is somewhere. (reason why we have the picture request thread)
-Imagination.
-it's too expensive. (unless it's $.free99)

Moncef
01-26-2008, 12:15 PM
^Point taken. The pic request thread is effective.

Dousan_PG
01-26-2008, 12:17 PM
the origin bumper doesnt sit that low up front
better work then i could ever do
dont think id every pay for that though
but good luck!!!
my photoshop is ..well i just have MS Paint.

Moncef
01-26-2008, 12:27 PM
the origin bumper doesnt sit that low up front
better work then i could ever do
dont think id every pay for that though
but good luck!!!
my photoshop is ..well i just have MS Paint.

Yeah, thanks.

Hm well I haven't autochopped for money. I don't really plan on it either, when the pic-request thread is free ;)

At least this S13 got me off my ass and on Photoshop again.

Moncef