PDA

View Full Version : free money...

DUFFM4N
01-24-2008, 02:40 PM
....for tax payers

Taken from
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22782454

WASHINGTON - Congressional leaders announced a deal with the White House Thursday on an economic stimulus package that would give most tax filers refunds of $600 to $1,200, and more if they have children.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Congress would act on the agreement — hammered out in a week of intense negotiations with Republican Leader John A. Boehner and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson — “at the earliest date, so that those rebate checks can be in the mail.”

President Bush is hailing the deal with congressional leaders on tax rebates and business tax cuts as "an effective, robust and temporary set of incentives" that will boost the U.S. economy.

The rebates, which would go to about 116 million families, had appeal for both Democrats and Republicans. Pelosi’s staff noted that they would include $28 billion in checks to 35 million working families who wouldn’t have been helped by Bush’s original proposal. Republicans, for their part, were pleased that the bulk of the rebates — more than 70 percent, according to an analysis by Congress’ Joint Tax Committee — would go to individuals who pay taxes.

Individuals who pay income taxes would get up to $600, working couples $1,200 and those with children an additional $300 per child under the agreement. Workers who make at least $3,000 but don’t pay taxes would get $300 rebates.

The first rebate payments could begin going out in May, and most people could have them by July, Paulson said, noting that the IRS will already be overwhelmed processing 2007 tax returns. The rebates were expected to cost about $100 billion, and the package also includes close to $50 billion in business tax cuts.

The package would allow businesses to immediately write off 50 percent of purchases of plants and other capital equipment and permit small businesses to write off additional purchases of equipment. A Republican-written provision to allow businesses suffering losses now to reclaim taxes previously paid was dropped.

Pelosi, D-Calif., agreed to drop increases in food stamp and unemployment benefits during a Wednesday meeting in exchange for gaining the rebates of at least $300 for almost everyone earning a paycheck, including those who make too little to pay income taxes.

“I can’t say that I’m totally pleased with the package, but I do know that it will help stimulate the economy. But if it does not, then there will be more to come,” Pelosi said.

Boehner said the agreement “was not easy for the two of us and our respective caucuses.”

“You know, many Americans believe that Washington is broken,” Boehner said. “But I think this agreement and I hope that this agreement will show the American people that we can fix it and will serve to move along other bipartisan agreements that we can have in the future.”

Paulson said he would work with the House and Senate to enact the package as soon as possible, because “speed is of the essence.”

The Treasury Department has already been talking to the IRS about getting the checks out “as quickly as possible, recognizing that the tax filing season is ongoing,” said Treasury spokesman Andrew DeSouza.

s13gold
01-24-2008, 02:41 PM
ohhhhhhh yeaaaah.

splparts here i come.

Antihero983
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
HMM......maybe ill get stuff for the Z AND the 240....

luisgonz
01-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Thats how Bush thinks he's gonna win. Pay off people but in a public form of way.

DUFFM4N
01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Thats how Bush thinks he's gonna win. Pay off people but in a public form of way.

++

exactly!

"uhm uhhh yeah my bad...here's some money" :mrmeph:

ill take my money.....but ill still be mad :fawk2:

expect those checks around July

Phlip
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
If I should so happen to get it, I probably won't spend it... I must be getting old, I am actually going to make an effort to save it, all of it

k's_silvia2.0
01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I already got my check and it was for $998.00 and im getting another check in the mail for $200+ Take that goverment.

Matej
01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Quit your jobs and start having babies.

SW20Racer
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
guess i wont be putting my kid up for lease after all....maybe next time craigslist :sadwavey:

exitspeed
01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Woot strip club here I come!

Yea right.

I'll take it, but it'll just go towards bills anyway.

urmyhero4now
01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
so will we be getting these around july or sooner? and will it come with out tax returns this year?

DUFFM4N
01-24-2008, 03:03 PM
I already got my check and it was for $998.00 and im getting another check in the mail for $200+ Take that goverment.

thats ur tax return, these wont hit until july

k's_silvia2.0
01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
thats ur tax return, these wont hit until july

Wait wait wait.....We all get one of these checks for $XXX.xx?

axiomatik
01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
it's supposed to stimulate the economy, but how many families are going to get their check, go straight to best buy and plop their check down for a flat screen tv. then all the money will flow straight to japan and taiwan.

DUFFM4N
01-24-2008, 04:12 PM
so will we be getting these around july or sooner? and will it come with out tax returns this year?

u didnt read the article did u? lol

checks will start going out in MAY, so expect them around Julyish

s13Dr1ft
01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Ill gladly accept this "rebate". Put half into my CD and the other half on yayo.

duffman1278
01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Awsome! Free money ftmfw!

DUFFM4N
01-24-2008, 04:21 PM
make sure that "yayo" is american grown....remember, we're trying to boost the economy here :jerkit:

s13Dr1ft
01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
make sure that "yayo" is american grown....remember, we're trying to boost the economy here :jerkit:

God call. Ajax it is!

DRavenS13
01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
So we're gonna get checks to spend back into the businesses that get huge federal and state tax write-offs and subsidies from local governments to build in places that kill small businesses and further ruin the economy. You're basically getting money that's gonna go right into the pockets of those that are fucking us up in the first place.
Be smart, save that money.

I'll take the money- and put it away into my kids' savings accounts.

bristines14
01-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Quit your jobs and start having babies.
for the money it might be worth it LOL.
J/K