PDA

View Full Version : Sounds kinda fishy!

240trooper
01-22-2008, 12:10 AM
So ok im tring to sell my pos hyundai excel 88 bla bla with 79,000 miles. Just tring to get some cash so i can by a 240 next week, so anyways i posted a ad on craigslist yesterday and i got a reply from some guy askin if i still had the car for sale, so i email back saing yea this and that ,stateing everying about the car and such forth, well i get a email back and this is what it says :
''Hello...
Thanks for your prompt response,i will buy vehicle the and i will pay the asking price but i will not be able to look at it now because of my tight schedules but my shipper will do that for me. I will like to make my payment with a cashier's check.To make things work easier,i will arrange for the shipping by myself while I send the shipping charge alongside the cost of the Car you are therefore to deduct the cost of the vehicle and get back to my shipper with excess of the fund as soon as you get the check cashed.I need your name,valid contact address and phone number to mail the check to you by today or tomorrow via ups next day delivery by air.Please proceed to delete the advert from craigslist. Call 0000000000
If no answer to your call you can get back to me with email''

i 0 out tha fone number, well im cali and i looks up the zip he's from springfild mz, anyways i kinda dont trust it...

LongGrain
01-22-2008, 12:13 AM
So ok im tring to sell my pos hyundai excel 88 bla bla with 79,000 miles. Just tring to get some cash so i can by a 240 next week, so anyways i posted a ad on craigslist yesterday and i got a reply from some guy askin if i still had the car for sale, so i email back saing yea this and that ,stateing everying about the car and such forth, well i get a email back and this is what it says :
''Hello...
Thanks for your prompt response,i will buy vehicle the and i will pay the asking price but i will not be able to look at it now because of my tight schedules but my shipper will do that for me. I will like to make my payment with a cashier's check.To make things work easier,i will arrange for the shipping by myself while I send the shipping charge alongside the cost of the Car you are therefore to deduct the cost of the vehicle and get back to my shipper with excess of the fund as soon as you get the check cashed.I need your name,valid contact address and phone number to mail the check to you by today or tomorrow via ups next day delivery by air.Please proceed to delete the advert from craigslist. Call 0000000000
If no answer to your call you can get back to me with email''

i 0 out tha fone number, well im cali and i looks up the zip he's from springfild mz, anyways i kinda dont trust it...

its a scam, it happens on craigslist all the time...

k0uki
01-22-2008, 01:19 AM
yep, got a similar message when i was trying to sell my ps3

RiversideS13
01-22-2008, 01:26 AM
ooh now they advanced with phone numbers. i wonder if that would help to look them up and beat the shit out of the dude

DreamN
01-22-2008, 01:36 AM
View this thread for my response to craigslist scammers

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=1701326#post1701326

azndoc
01-22-2008, 02:10 AM
Craigslist is full of scammers.

I hate using that site.

It's cool sometimes for other stuff, but if your selling stuff then you get that scammer shit all day.

240trooper
01-22-2008, 06:09 PM
so ok i get this email right now, why would someone pay 2,000 bux for shipping of my crappy hyundia? i dont get it, check this
Hello...
I will be waiting for your call, the check will be $2620 and you deduct your fund which is $550 and you send the remaining fund to the check via moneygram for the pick up. The destination for the car is 2525 West Loop South, Houston, Texas 77027 and they will sign the papers you shouldn't worry about that. What is important is the time for the pick up because they depend on time and the day for the pickedup. Email me as soon as possible am a very busy man and send your info for the check.
Best Regard.

plus if ur spending that much money on a car why wouldnt u just find one out there? and wouldnt he be thinking about me jacking him for the 2600 lol

DreamN
01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
ok, do you not get that it's a scam?

240trooper
01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
i just map quested the address , from L.A. cali to h-town tx :Total Est. Time: 22 hours, 1 minute Total Est. Distance: 1558.69 miles, why?? Is this guy gunna do some crazy testing to this bucket i have? Im not even sure i wanna email this guy back now, it sounds like a scam. Allso i dont have a bank account so i cant cash a check lol

DreamN
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
^ wow, you're a tard.

240trooper
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
umm do u think im going to really do this? cuz if so ur outa ur mind, Im not gunna get jacked for my car, fuk this guy.. but then if everthing is legit and i do get a $2620 check at my door then who cars, i got this car for free im just using it as a down penny on a 240 ima get next week ,owell i dont really care

Bobafreak
01-22-2008, 06:33 PM
shut up its a scam already. throw it off a bridge!

DreamN
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
:rofl: you really are a retard :rofl:

He doesn't want your pos car. The scam isn't to get your car, it's for you to cash a fake check he sends you. You then send the "shipping" money to the "shipper." Then when the bank figures out what happened and sends the authorities your ass gets the full blame. Oh, but don't worry... you still get to keep your car :rolleyes:

240trooper
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
ohh thanks bro, you knew it all long hua, dam i wish that came to me befor, WOW , gosh ,dam im a tard lmao , aww who cares its all bullshit anyways. i was only selling the car as is and for cash only localy. i just got this email last night wasn't planning on doing all this bullshit, just though i fukin share my thoughts but i guess not with all these hoebag motherfukers talking down on me and shit.
thanks for your input , if i need more help i'll be sure to ask

Bobafreak
01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
For someone 21 of age, Who was your English teacher so they can be assassinated?

ThatGuy
01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow, a scam on Craig's List? Imagine that. :duh:

Welcome to the Internet. Thank Bob Dole for letting you visit.

:lockd: