PDA

View Full Version : working on your car in your driveway and having random people come up to you..

HyperTek
01-13-2008, 10:31 AM
this is freaking annoying!! last night was working on my car in my driveway *my nieghborhood is decently clean* doing the brake swap on my fc.. car on all jacks.. and some camry stops in the middle of the street , says "i like your car, is it a s5 turbo?"... im like "huhh thanks", then he goes "whatcha got on it?" im like "uhh stock",... then he eventually leaves.. but what the fuck is wrong with people!!?!?! I have never in my life drove past someones house and bothered them working on thier car etc.. For real If i saw someone working on thier car i would mind my own business..

I mean he didnt commit a crime but its just bothersom having random people stop in teh street becuase they see you on ur property doing something and gonna ask you shit.. That is just soo annoying..

Just the other day I was chiiling and some kid knocks at my door, one of those kids who is going through some sort of program to straighten him out, he asks for people to sponser him by subscribing you to like a publication or magazine.. well he rings my door bell , i answer, his greeting is "I wanna buy your car".. im like "uhh its not for sale"... he goes "really? ill give you 30k for it".. im like "uhh its not for sale".. then he goes "nah im kidding im from so and so.. " then later "is that an rx7? that is sweet i never saw one like that, whered you get the wheels?" etc.. I always try to be nice to these people because you never know if they will get pissed off and do something. esp. some of these people are mentally challange, it just feels that sometimes its dangerous these people come up to your house, they should ban that.

That stuff is just soo annoying.. I hate solicitors, they should pass a law to ban door to door, for real. If im out at a store and someone asks about my car, then its ok, but when im at home, Id think people would be decent enough to mind thier own business on your property..

Grrrrr anyone else feel my pain? lol

Koopa Troopa
01-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Wanting to know what was on your car so he can steal your shit.. Be careful.

mmdb
01-13-2008, 10:42 AM
What area of CA do you live in? I'd be cautious bout areas in the ghetto. Just don't get that mixed up with fear.

Phlip
01-13-2008, 10:45 AM
This is another reason that I am glad I live in a neighborhood full of old people.
There is a strict few people I allow to even meet me at my house.

jeffsm3
01-13-2008, 10:47 AM
put up a no soliciting sign on your porch. Then they can not legally bother you. If they do you can press tresspassing charges. If they are selling somthing you can report them to the Dept. of Finance, Co's get fined for that stuff. Its kinda like the do not call list.

but if you dont want to be botherd put up a no tresspassing sign or a no soliciting.

Im a repo man and if you got a sign up i cant step foot on your property.

Antihero983
01-13-2008, 10:47 AM
simple, when you're under the car have a sawed off shotgun like the one from madmax laying next to you. when they ask a question, slowly get up and talk like an australian. that'll scare em off.

unless they ask you for fuel. then tell them you saw a rig 10 miles away that'll haul what they need, but to get it you'll need your car and all the gas it can carry.

and for referencing madmax, they'll look at you like you're retarded and walk away....much like people are doing to my SN as they read this.

Ninjabread
01-13-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't mind it when some of my older 40+ neighbors come up to me and talk, but sometimes its annoying because I'm in the middle of something and I don't want to stop.

A really annoying guy lives close to my place, and during the summer will come and bug me while im working on my car... I just sorta ignore him until he decides to leave.

DOOK
01-13-2008, 11:13 AM
how about that guy who came up to us when we were trying to load the car in my driveway matt? whatta tard.

SHIFT_Slide
01-13-2008, 11:16 AM
LOL

Usually I get a few people stopping by, friends seeing what I'm up to etc. One day I'm finishing my car and it's in the air on stands. I'm in a jump suit all greasy talking to my friend and this old woman pulls up and asks me "Hey what are you running a garage here?" I always get a good amount of old people stopping by talking to me so I assume shes a nice old lady so I say "haha yeah I'm fixing everyones cars"

Right then she blows up on me! "YOU'RE A DICKHEAD A FUCKING DICKHEAD I CANT BELIEVE THE POLICE LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!"
LOL So I look a my friend and ask him what the fuck is going on while this old woman is literally screaming at me and calling me more names. Shit was hillarious, I didn't know what to do. After a few more seconds of her screaming at me I just got really mad and told her to get the fuck outta here and made the motion like I was gonna throw the wrench I had in my hand at her.

It was real intense lmfao.

DOOK
01-13-2008, 11:19 AM
LOL

Usually I get a few people stopping by, friends seeing what I'm up to etc. One day I'm finishing my car and it's in the air on stands. I'm in a jump suit all greasy talking to my friend and this old woman pulls up and asks me "Hey what are you running a garage here?" I always get a good amount of old people stopping by talking to me so I assume shes a nice old lady so I say "haha yeah I'm fixing everyones cars"

Right then she blows up on me! "YOU'RE A DICKHEAD A FUCKING DICKHEAD I CANT BELIEVE THE POLICE LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!"
LOL So I look a my friend and ask him what the fuck is going on while this old woman is literally screaming at me and calling me more names. Shit was hillarious, I didn't know what to do. After a few more seconds of her screaming at me I just got really mad and told her to get the fuck outta here and made the motion like I was gonna throw the wrench I had in my hand at her.

you should of pulled her through her open windown and killed her in the face like P would

Ninjabread
01-13-2008, 11:20 AM
how about that guy who came up to us when we were trying to load the car in my driveway matt? whatta tard.

Notice after a while, I did just that, I ignored him, just peaced out to the garage and he left.

Fuck tard.

"Yea, my friend used to own a 220sx, with the v6 in it. We took it to the track and it ran like, 14 seconds man, it was quick." " Does it have an sr? Yea, so is it turbo?" " Im the pizza delivery guy, ill go fuckmyself now, bye"

SHIFT_Slide
01-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I was shocked lol, I couldn't believe at the shit that was coming out of that old womans mouth haha. I got real mad though and it scared her so it was okay.

HyperTek
01-13-2008, 11:26 AM
one time back when i had my white s13.. it was night time, im chilling in my yard, some guy in a black s13 silvia is passing down my street, stops in the middle of my street, and asks "Is robby there?" im like thinkign wtf!! im not robby, and why would someone be askin about him at my house lol. I said "no" and he left... i really dont know what that was about, either people seen pics of my car on his myspace or something i dont know. i asked him if he knew any body with that car and he said no.

I live in a cossy lil nieghborhood near a university, like 2-3 years ago you could work on your car and no one would bother, but i guess now that the import car culture has became soo big that you get nosey people wanting to know everything.

Edgar
01-13-2008, 11:29 AM
That probably happened once when I lived with my parents. A guy was walking his dog and he asked me if my car was a real Silvia because I had the front end on my car and I said no it's just clipped. He was a pretty cool guy and had a 180z I wanted. Some people just want to make conversation but asking you what you have in your car and what is done seems California Thievery

HyperTek
01-13-2008, 11:33 AM
i guess working in your garage would make it private, but working in the driveway makes it public?? lol damm our garge is full of crap grrr

DOOK
01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
my garage is empty at the moment, not very often does that happen... and I tested yesterday and my new subaru wagon fits.. I was a little worried it would be too long.

murda-c
01-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I know all my neighbors who's houses i can see from my driveway well enough to not be bothered by them, i just say hi and make small talk when they come by.

But i do live a block away from a high school, and some of those kids are annoying when they ask me stupid questions. Like when i was putting on my winter tires(185 winterforces on steelies), some kid comes up to me and is like "you really shouldn't put those on, the other wheels look much better." so i go over to my summer tires and i point out the large tread blocks with no sipes, and explain to him why without the winter tires, i wouldn't be able to get out of the neighborhood if it snowed with any accumulation whatsoever, and he just goes "well still steelies are ugly"

Though it is nice when the girls from the school walk by...

DOOK
01-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Though it is nice when the girls from the school walk by...

ok chester molester :D

BustedS13
01-13-2008, 11:47 AM
i don't like working in the driveway unless it's a very small project. driveway's got a mean texture to it that rips up clothes. so i usually work in the garage. and my garage is about 200 feet or so from the sidewalk, so if anybody wanted to just walk up they'd have a journey. that's not to say it hasn't happened a couple times. more than once, kids on bikes have stopped to ask me about drifting. i tell them it's gay and they leave. more annoying than that, though... one time i'm sitting in the kitchen eating lunch. a truck pulls into the driveway. old guy gets out and starts circling my Galaxie 500. dude comes up to the back door, doesn't fucking knock, just walks in, says "hi, that for sale?", like walking into peoples' houses from the back instead of fucking knocking on the front is the norm. i walk him outside and explain it isn't. old people suck.

HyperTek
01-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh that reminds me, the elementary school bus stop is around the corner, when i had my old s13 and id be outside working on it, the lil kids would walk by, and they would always say my car is awesome... one kid came up and looked at the speedo (i had a jdm 180kmh speedo) and the kid goes "Woah 180mph!! thats faster then my dads 350z" Hahah i dont mind the little kids its kind of cool. lol

Ninjabread
01-13-2008, 11:55 AM
... walking into peoples' houses from the back instead of fucking knocking on the front is the norm. i walk him outside and explain it isn't. old people suck.

If there is one thing I noticed when visiting the states, is that there are some weird ass people down there :) Although you guys are 10x more population, so there is bound to be 10x more weird people? Plus I live in the burbs so its nice and quiet here, mostly old folks, and people with little kids.

murda-c
01-13-2008, 11:56 AM
ok chester molester :D

if she's 16 i'm good to go like taco bell.

DOOK
01-13-2008, 11:57 AM
don't judge the entire united states by your trip to west virginia, please god. I live in center of all freakdom for real.

apex
01-13-2008, 11:59 AM
lol^
so i was workin on the 40 the other day two chicks walk up
good lookin so im like :naughty: so they ask "what u doin?" harness tuck
"whats that?" i hide wires so people cant see them and it looks clean.
"o did u know god can help in alot of ways"so im like what the f :ugh:
so they try any sell me sum books im like no i want ur number so
they just walk away never seen them again :-/ it kinda sucked they were
talkin for like 15mins.

Quail
01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't mind people coming up to me when I'm doing whatever to/on my car. Usually they know a little bit about the subject, or they're willing to learn. Its just harmless interest. An old American guy was asking me questions about it at the petrol station the other day. And a middle aged fat guy was having a chat with me when I was putting some new wheels on. Its just harmless interest - I take it as a compliment.

However, unfortunately there are people who take the wrong kind of interest in your car - clocking it for shit to steal or whatever. Its usually easy to spot these kind of people - just gotta be careful.

Its pretty unnerving having pikeys lean in to your window asking you this that and the other, asking for rides etc. You know they're clocking your car for a wallet or phone :(. Just gotta be polite and make excuses - definitely not the kind of people you want to make angry

DOOK
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM
haha, that just reminded me of the movie snatch... don't buy a caravan off them either... bastards

MADE
01-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Thats not bad but as mentioned, if you live in a high traffic street use your garage. I've seen 2 240SX in my neighborhood one parks on the street the other is garaged and pretty clean these are just things I caught while driving home. Some people are genuine and have the same interest and some want to jack you. What I hate is people following you, kids asking hey is this a Silvia , and SR swap questions. The most hated hey do you wanna sell your car. I had my car 24hr rocking temp tags and some guy driving an a 13 asked me did I want to sell it.

Quail
01-13-2008, 12:52 PM
haha, that just reminded me of the movie snatch... don't buy a caravan off them either... bastards

Just stay away from them in general!! :ugh:

Brian
01-13-2008, 01:13 PM
I guess you could look at it as "annoying"

or

you could look at it like..... maybe life isn't so shitty.
A person stopped to talk to me about my car when I was working on it outside.
what is so wrong with that?
Is our society so fucked up that we need to be upset when somebody simply stops and talks to us.

People are killing each other everyday, and you have THIS to bitch about?

amazing.

dxs080jpgex
01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
hahaha pwned
i think that its perfectly fine for people to come talk to me when im working on my car.
thats exactly how i got into 240's
my best friends neighbor had one and one day we went over and talked to him
he started explaining things and i was hooked.

assuming the kid isnt a regular sketch ball id have no problem showing him my car, after all all hes doing is complimenting you by showing his interest.

however i would never leave my 240 unlock or unattended anywhere.
plus if someone really wanted to steal it theres no way im stopping them.

k's_silvia2.0
01-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Just make up a lies when you talk to these kind of people.Thats what I do and then they just seem turned off to talk to me anynore:D.

stinky_180
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
my car is in my garage day and night. but whenever i work on it, these 3 random kids always chill in front of my garage staring at my car and just playing out front. i dont even know who they are... i remember them talking to themselves and one of them said "hes building a drift car"... im not building a drift car.... its bothersome and annoying.

lol i also had mormons go by my house once and they were like nice car. do you have sr20. do you drift. you know, those typical questions people get when they have a 240....

NiSmo240luvR
01-13-2008, 02:04 PM
I guess you could look at it as "annoying"

or

you could look at it like..... maybe life isn't so shitty.
A person stopped to talk to me about my car when I was working on it outside.
what is so wrong with that?
Is our society so fucked up that we need to be upset when somebody simply stops and talks to us.

People are killing each other everyday, and you have THIS to bitch about?

amazing.

^^ i know what youre saying. i have people come up to me all the time when im messing with my car (usually in the street cuz my driveway is full). Most of the time its a kid whos interested in cars or drifting somewhat and ill usually try and just chat for a little. i actually made a very good friend about 5-6 years ago from a guy coming up and just start bs'ing with me about cars. However, there is a few times though when you just get that shady feeling and know to just end the convo as quickly as possible.

however, like the OP said, people coming up to me and asking me to buy my car, now that gets annoying. theres no for sale sign on it, nor has there ever been. at least 4 times now, people (mostly younger kids) have come up to my door and rang the doorbell and asked if it was for sale. funniest part is, these kids seem to know a decent amount about cars and 240s and such. yet, when i ask them how much they offer, it will usually be around $1500. ill just laugh and politely decline. my car isnt a beauty queen by any means but, shit, $1500?

svensko
01-13-2008, 02:37 PM
I love how you spend a few thousand on mods for your car so that people would look at you and then you get your panties in a wad when someone compliments you. :tweak:

MADE
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Every time I go to a certain autopart store this kid in there asks me about my car. Last time he asked me if I wanted to by his friends S15 for 5 grand.:cj:

dirtdiggler666
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
i work on mine in the garage so i dont really get messed with

i will talk to just about anyone but if they act like they know what they are talking about and full of bs aka hey dude bro my friend's got a quad turbo sr25detttt its soooo sick and its awd, thats when i wont talk back.

but if they want to learn or allready know then its cool with me

ThatGuy
01-13-2008, 03:08 PM
I love how you spend a few thousand on mods for your car so that people would look at you and then you get your panties in a wad when someone compliments you. :tweak:

Again, you are making generalizations and spouting off with pure crap.

Not everybody here is a little fanboy that does things to make the masses happy. A large portion of us spend our money on what WE want. We build our cars for US. Get some intelligence or stop posting.

Antihero983
01-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Not everybody here is a little fanboy that does things to make the masses happy. A large portion of us spend our money on what WE want. We build our cars for US. Get some intelligence or stop posting.

DING! you are correct sir, and beat me to this post.

dude, seriously, where do you come off saying we do it for other people?

i definitely did not flat black my car for the sake of other people.....

svensko
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
DING! you are correct sir, and beat me to this post.

dude, seriously, where do you come off saying we do it for other people?

i definitely did not flat black my car for the sake of other people.....

Probably the infinite "How do these wheels look on my car?" threads I've seen. If you built your car for you, then you still shouldn't get a sandy vag when someone compliments it. Take joy in the fact that someone shares your taste in style.

ThatGuy
01-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey, everybody in Clemson is a Trust Fund loser anyway. Never had to work at anything in their life, so don't know how to appreciate someone else's hard work. What would they know about doing anything for the sheer joy of doing it themselves.

How's that for a generalization?

Ninjabread
01-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Ohhhh :)

ThatOwned.

Antihero983
01-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Probably the infinite "How do these wheels look on my car?" threads I've seen. If you built your car for you, then you still shouldn't get a sandy vag when someone compliments it. Take joy in the fact that someone shares your taste in style.

lol ok well you must be new. cause no one compliments my car. ever. and i like it that way lol man you're thick skulled eh?

Phlip
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Dear Svensko:
You were doing so well for about 26 hours, there... Please read:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=1764426&posted=1#post1764426

firelizard
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
The kid next door came to talk to me when I'm working on the Protege sometimes. I think he's 12 or something... he doesn't get in the way so I don't really mind, it's a bit flattering when he compliments my car and stuff. But it is a bit annoying when he says stuff like "Hey, are you going to put spinners on it? That would be cool." or "You should put neons under it!".

I don't really like this town for that.... everybody is into big ideas for their JDM tyte Civics, or they're hardcore drag racers. Nice people, but it's hard to make car conversation with them. When people ask me if I'm going to turbocharge it or something they give me a weird look when I give them a weird look and say "no, why would I do that?"

KiLLeR2001
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Heh. Just the other day I was putting my greddy oil pan on my SR and this guy was driving by and drove past my house, then abruptly stopped, and started reversing back to my house... He was like "Dude is that an SR!?" I'm like "yeah..." Then he started talking about his plans of getting a 240 and doing his own swap, and I just said thats cool. And he kept talking a little more but I wasn't paying attention. I enjoy the interest but you can tell the fanboys from the enthusiasts to say the least.

240love
01-13-2008, 04:08 PM
this happened to me the other day. I was working on my car and some random guy with a wierd accent asks me " do u drrifft?" I'm like no I don't he goes " the how come u have so many 240s" I just laughed and ignored him and kept working on the car. And yea it is annoying

buku_points
01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't think its annoying. I remember when i used to live with my parents and my little brother and all his friends were always asking if they could help me work on my car or if they could go for a ride. Where i live theres not alot of nice cars, mainly lifted bro trucks and caddy's (mind you i live in a small town named mira loma) I usally answer all questions anyone ask me whether it about me working on my car,drifting or where to buy those hard to get jdm parts. Its good to see a younger and older crowd take an interest into cars rather than gang violence,graffiti or other pointless hobbies.

lflkajfj12123
01-13-2008, 04:34 PM
i live in a nice neighborhood with a bunch of old people

this one time i had this guy in his 40's roll up in his minivan with his little kids while i was cleaning the car and he goes "does that thing have a silvia swap????"

i looked at him an gave him this blank stare and he goes "you know an SR!??"

I was like nah and says to me "YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE!" i was chuckled and said nah not really.

so just out of curiousity i said to him what do you know about these cars and he says to me "DUDE, i grew up in CALI, bro!"

me: "... sweet, bro." and he just drove off haha

and another time i was cleaning the car apparently this old man down the street supposedly used to be a mechanic back when he didn't have dentures

and i was putting some wheel cleaner on it and i finished cleaning the car and rolled it out onto the street to park and i guess some of the wheel cleaner drips off the wheels and onto the street

about an hour later i have a cop car knocking on my door harassing me about the marks on the street and i'm like its wheel cleaner and he was giving me all this shit about it and made me grab cat litter and pour it on the marks

basically what happend is that the old guy called the cops saying i had left brake oil in the street, and the entire time the fucking cunt was standing in his drive way down the street with his arms crossed staring me down

steve_o1989
01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
It isn't annoying just getting questions in general, it is annoying when you are in the middle of something. I love to talk cars, but when I am working on it, and in the middle of something I need to get done, then yes it is a pain in the ass. When I am under my car with a starter in one hand and bolts in the other trying to get it in place, then at that moment I couldn't car less what the random guy knows about cars. If I just finished what I was doing, then sure, I would love to talk.

For the most part I just work on it in the garage with the door opened, the garage is at the back though in the alley, so I don't get too many people popping in.

Tops*
01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
and another time i was cleaning the car apparently this old man down the street supposedly used to be a mechanic back when he didn't have dentures

and i was putting some wheel cleaner on it and i finished cleaning the car and rolled it out onto the street to park and i guess some of the wheel cleaner drips off the wheels and onto the street

about an hour later i have a cop car knocking on my door harassing me about the marks on the street and i'm like its wheel cleaner and he was giving me all this shit about it and made me grab cat litter and pour it on the marks

basically what happend is that the old guy called the cops saying i had left brake oil in the street, and the entire time the fucking cunt was standing in his drive way down the street with his arms crossed staring me down

What a dick move. Would've been the perfect time for a nice, "Fuck you, old man."

I was working on my car in my garage and have been disturbed by a Thunderbird full of potheads creaking up in my driveway. The drive sticks his head out the window:
"What kind of car is that?"
"What?"
"Hold on." (I now have to walk 30 feet to the guy's car to hear what the guy was saying.)
"It's a Nissan 240SX."
We chit-chatted for a little while about my car.
"So, are you guys in school?" I got 4 out of 4 no's. They were all my age or a year younger. I was left a little speechless afterwards so I just gave them the quick, "Alright. Well, I'll see you guys around."

A few months later I'm in my friend's truck and we see a car in a ditch. So the kind people that we are, we ask if they have help on the way or if they need any help. Even before we get an answer, I hear, "That's the kid with the two-forty-ex." I was a little let down.

The Chad
01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
This thread is jumping around everywhere!! haha :) I just wanted to add my two cents...i can't even work on my car for more than 30 mins or there will be a tow truck to pick it up haha. (gotta do it Down at my apt in Ric) My parents moved to a new neighborhood, more retirement esc...i was changing my oil one day and came back out of the house while the oil drained to a tow truck sitting there asking if my car was running. i said "I wouldnt start it without oil but sure as hell is hot it sure does run!" he laughed and told me it was policy in that neighborhood that if your hood was up it was considered an eye-sore and needed to be towed, he let me go :)

i do agree with BRIAN though, there are bigger things to bitch about in life than simple solicitors and such, but it doesn't mean we cant post and complain a bit? I mean a world without complaints would be the perfect world, and damned would that be annoying!! :)

bbejj123
01-13-2008, 07:53 PM
ha i know exactly what u mean... i was doing some body work on my 1975 BMW 2002 and the guy parks in front of my house... gets out of his cars and walks up to me and starts asking all these questions...im like why are you bothering me and i cant just start sanding again cause then i wont hear if but its fricken annoying

eastcoastS14
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
ha no one in my neighborhood ever asks me anythin lol....well except my neighbors who let me borrow jack stands and shit like that, but they are all really cool. I think its funny that older ppl in ur neighborhoods kno what an SR is or drifting. I dont think any kids in my neighborhood know what an SR is nevermind ppl over the age of 25. But its cool talkin to ppl about shit if they ever do ask...everyone around me is really friendly, helps me push my car out of the snow lol or lets me borrow jack stands or random sockets

lol i did used to get a lot of looks when I was tearin down my old car after i totalled it cause it looked like it got owned by a train....lol so a lot of people asked me what happened and I told them the story....funny shit was when i was takin the turbo and shit out these little kids from across the street came over to look and askin me questions...one of the little kids asked me if he could have anything from my car hahaha....lol he picked up my manual boost controller and asked if he could have it hahaha

steve shadows
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
shut up you know your all flattered

ESmorz
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I live on a small private road so there's usually no one walking by unless it's the jogging lesbians from down the road.

The neighbor to my right will let me borrow anything, he restores cars, and even has a lift and every once in awhile he will peek over and help me with stuff.

Neighbor to my right just sits on his door step and watches me... it creeps me out and ever since the parents cut down all the eucalyptus I can always see him... so he's always there :cj: ... :cry:

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
01-13-2008, 08:55 PM
it just makes me nervous cuz i'm afraid someone is going to try and steal it! unless at an event, and i know the person, i always tell peeps my car is stock!

ms!3
01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
im always in my driveway doing something to my car. some random guy in a 200sx drives by all the time. Usually he just kinda looks over and drives off. Today he stopped in front of my house. was crawling all over the pass seat to look over. I look at him and he kinda smiles, then noticed at a car was behind him. so he went forward a little bit into the front of my neighbors house. looked like he was gonna get out. Then he slowly takes off, so slow the car jerks a bit. then he just leaves. lmao, wth?

aa87
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
hes gonna jack yo shit jarad. watch it.

downshift_sideways
01-13-2008, 09:10 PM
There are alot of honda kids on my street.

They used to stop in the middle of the street looking at my silvia front end..

and 90% They say "Hey you got an SR in there".

My neighbors actually called the police on me for working on my own car in my driveway...so I had to give my s14 shell away :-/

The Chad
01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
:naughty:Well maybe just a bit :bigok:
shut up you know your all flattered

Naim
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
There are alot of honda kids on my street.

They used to stop in the middle of the street looking at my silvia front end..

and 90% They say "Hey you got an SR in there".

My neighbors actually called the police on me for working on my own car in my driveway...so I had to give my s14 shell away :-/
I used to have neighbors like that :wtc: , but now its different, the guy next to me, and in front of me are both car enthusiasts. lol

luisgonz
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
I have never had someone ask me to buy my car. You guys are lucky.:rant: I had to but some bug gone in the washer reservoir. Some kid was like Dori dori in your face. LOL

njd07
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM
LOL..this thread is funny.. i had this one dude knocking at my door, I was actually sleeping..woke me up. He started saying he had an s14 ...blah blah...asking me all these question about my car...then he popped the "does it have an sr" question...I said no its stock. dont think he knows much about turbos...cuz my car has a giant greddy fmic...dead give away..lol..anyways I was really worried cuz guess what this dude's ride was?? a fucking flat bed tow truck...I was parionod for weeks..lol.

I get alot of neighbours asking me to do brake jobs and random repairs...I tell them...ive got enough work cut out for me with 3 240's..and give them the maybe answer.lol

also there is this one kid on the street...hes like 7 years old...every damn time Im working on my car I get out from underneath and there he magically is. this kid asks me soooo many questions...reminds me of denis the menace..or something.... "whats this do?", "is your car broken?", "can I help", questions never stop...I ussually just pretend im finished working and go in for 10 mins, have a beer or w/e and come back out when he leaves.

kanagawa_kouki
01-14-2008, 02:17 AM
doesn't bother me.

EDacIouSX
01-14-2008, 02:27 AM
man i had some people knock on my door just to ask about my car. i won't say more cause i fear they read zilvia LOL

S14Josh
01-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Nobody ever asks me anything.

Then again the only time im working on my car is when im doing routine stuff like brakes/oil changes/etc... My neighbors are all older and they like to harass me.

"Your car break again?!"

Thats about it, but they are joking so i dont mind. Plus most people seem to think my car is a 2 door camry lol.

soreballz
01-14-2008, 02:44 AM
I get alot of neighbours asking me to do brake jobs and random repairs...I tell them...ive got enough work cut out for me with 3 240's..and give them the maybe answer.lol

I used to get the brake job question all the time (before I started working on the car in the backyard). I'd just refer them to the shop down the street. lol

yarou
01-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Every now and then when I work on my car, older guys who used to be into racing and stuff would ask me questions about my car and tell me stories about how they used to circle track or something. It's usually pretty interesting or cool to get comments and stuff. But I live on a main street, so I do get the occasional fuck face who revs his car to kingdom come when they glance at my pile. Fucking shit.

ayuaddict
01-14-2008, 03:12 AM
that would be me.

the "fuck face who revs his car to kingdom come when they glance at my pile"

i actually just don't know how to drive stick.

Koopa Troopa
01-14-2008, 03:41 AM

I've spent maybe 28K on my car and it's probably one of the ugliest cars on this website... I still get looks though as will any car that is loud and sounds generally badass.. :rofl:

I was sitting at a light and I noticed this girl was going way out of her way to look at my car.. She crept up to light all slow, stretching her neck to see it and then even pulled forward to see the front.. Once she realized I noticed her looking she went all JDM chick about it and got embarrassed... Another time two chicks in a clean, hachi stretched their necks to see the 14... It's nothing worth looking at but I seem to get noticed...

I did feel special when the guys in my sig went crazy about my car.. It's really hard to impress the Okinawans who go there because they're not too crazy about the Americans who also go there..

Andrew Bohan
01-14-2008, 03:49 AM
one day i made a magnet, just for fun.

and mel was over, so i put the magnet on his car to see how it looks.

then the mexican guy mowing my neighbor's lawn yells out "hey! you make signs?!"

i said yea

then we talked

and i sold him 5 magnet signs for his gardening trucks and his trailer. LOL

Dirty Habit
01-14-2008, 05:37 AM
I'm going to agree with Brian on this. I don't mind people stopping and talking.
Some are obnoxious, most are genuinely interested. Just end the conversation if need be and go back to what you were doing.
I would stop my car if I saw a guy working on something interesting.

Shit I spend most my free time on here looking at your guys' builds.

Quail
01-14-2008, 06:17 AM
^ I agree. If I saw someone in my neighbourhood working on an S-body, id definitely stop and have a little chat. Infact, thats how I've made a few of my car related friends!!

Matej
01-14-2008, 07:17 AM
I had the garage door open one day and our next door neighbor who is in his 60s or 70s saw me messing with my car when he was getting his mail, I was surprised when he started talking about old school Datsuns, and it turned out that he has a crazy rat rod in his garage. I've lived here for four years and I didn't know until last fall.
At gas stations I've had the most random people come up to me, usually I think it's kind of pleasantly surprising to get questions from people you'd never expect to be interested in cars.

Yuri
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
It really doesn't bother me, I end up meeting interesting people.
Like this guy in his late seventies who would walk over while I was working on my S13. He thought it was really cool, and when he found out I was prepping it for a track day, he told me how he used to race Triumphs and Austin Healeys at Riverside in the 60's. As it turns out, he's the former science advisor to the United Nations!

There's also this 10 year-old kid that swings by on his bike now and then.
He'll ask all kinds of questions but always segues into Nascar. I keep trying to put him down the right road, but the kid loves his Nascar, so I end up having to listen to a recap of the next race.:goyou:

The only thing I don't like is all the people that assume that since you drive an old muscle car with bad paint, you want to sell it to them for as cheap as possible. It's like everywhere I go with the Duster, it's not, "nice car", it's "how much do you want for it" (and they're always expecting to pay around $1000)? Like even when I go to musclecar meets. What's especially bad is when they try to guilt trip you into selling it to them for super cheap, like "I'm trying to find a cheap project for my son and I to work on, and it needs to be a really cheap mopar like your Duster. Why won't you sell it to me for $700? You're being an asshole." I usually respond with, "What about me? I've wanted one of these since high school, and it's taken me 8 years to finally get one, and now you're trying to steal my car away from me for pennies on the dollar?"

Turtle
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
One funny thing my brother and his friend were going down the hill to Fontana we're from Apple Valley. They were pumping gas and, this big black guy comes up to them and says "so, you like to drift?" Obvious since he has a sticker in his rear window saying I LOVE DRIFTING. My bro says

"Yea been drifting for a while."
Guy, "Oh yea can you take me drifting?"
Brother, "Sorry, man I old take chicks drifting."
Guy, "I can be a chick, let me get my wig."

Guy starts rubbing his chest.

JVD
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Wanting to know what was on your car so he can steal your shit.. Be careful.
Werd! Happened to me. I live out in the boonies and some kid reverses down my block into my driveway. He's checking out all of my cars. Later that summer I had a CAS, stock intake pipe and intercooler piping gone from my SR overnight. Found out who he was. Went to his house. He was being a bitch so I just called the cops. At that point he started unbolting my shit from his car. Haha.

Funniest part is all the other cool shit he could have stolen. Oh ya! He took a plastic door sill trim too. Hahaha. I didn't even notice until he took it off of his car and gave it to me.

Koopa Troopa
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't mind talking to people about my car.. I am just selective on who I pop my hood for. If it's some shady looking military dependent then I will avoid him but if the dude looks like he's into cars and curious then I'll give that person all the time in the world as I may change someone's thinking about performance cars..

I like helping ricers get on the right path.

Anyone remember when Benson Tsu got all that shit taken out of his garage?

!Zar!
01-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I was once working on my car and some door to door religious guys stopped me and then took their suit jackets off and tried helping me swap my car.

Quite random. One guy knew a lot.

I called them the jesus drifters.

shmiddy
01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
lol its mostly other 240 guys that stop by as look. what really pisses me off is when they look at around my car without asking. i happen to be looking out my window after kicking some ass in call of duty 4 and i see some fucks hawking around my shit. THAT PISSES ME OFFF!!!!!!!!!

98s14inaz
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Go to the shooting range, blow some holes in a target (large caliber), make sure they are all head or center mass, hang target up in garage in an obvious place. This works for me and people always ask about it when they come into my garage. Because they ask I can tell them "I am practicing in case I catch a thief in my garage." Think of it as a sign that says, "not welcome."

SDS13COUPE
01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Some people are just to easy though. I was in my driveway swaping my stock intake pipe for my Pepperoni intake pipe(Thank you sir) and as I'm doing my thing some guy is walking up the street with his bike. So as he's walking past my pad he's looking at me. So he passes by, and then he walks backwards and looks at me again. At this point I close my hood to make it seem like I'm done. Then I stop, look up and say "what's up." He responds with "What are you running". I say stock while he looks at my car with a huge FMIC chilling behind my pignose. Then he's says "Nah, you gotta have something, what's that in your grill". I respond with "It's a dummy intercooler, It makes people think I'm turbo when I'm not" He says "Oh, thats cool". "I have a RB powered S14 blah blah and I live up the street". I respond with "bring it by so I can check it out". Then his story changes with "Oh I left it back home whan I moved here". I said "hmm ok, my cookies are ready I gotta go". You gotta be careful because thief's come in all shapes and sizes.

KA-T_240
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM
I was in my shop when I was making my harness bar. And we never have people come buy, a few do but they know not to interupt when people are welding. Turns out a chick from school was dating one of my dads coworkers kids and saw my jeep out side. She came in and pretty much hugged me from behind while I was welding. I just about shit myself.

Yuri
01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I said "hmm ok, my cookies are ready I gotta go".

That's an awesome bail-out line.

Rnz520
01-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Ahh I have a good story from here, this guy with an Audi S6 2.6 Biturbo sees me working on my car (brake job) and goes like "hey, do you work on cars?" and I look at him like yea, thats what I am doing right now retard.
He then ask me if i would replace the head gasket on the left bank of his motor, and its like a brand new Audi. This guy is wearing like a 300 dollar pair of jeans and doesn't want to pay a shop to fix his 50000 dollar car....
So I tell him that I am not working on this type of car since its too new and I dont want to get sued, and then he goes like, well will you do my rear brakes, and I say maybe...
Just as he is about to leave he goes like "hey, do you smoke?", I was like smoke what, he says "you know, crack...".
I left it at that, havent heard from him since.

01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't think I would have a problem with it... unless the individual who approached me wouldn't shut up about what he owns and does to HIS car.

TheSquidd
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah this thread makes me sad.

Most of the posts here sound like bitter old men.

What happened to meeting your neighbors and making new friends?

Everyone acts like everyone is out to get them. I live in the 909 where typically the person you are talking to is packing heat in their belt, and if someone walked up to me and asked me about my car (got this A LOT with the white car) I'd gladly engage conversation if I had time.

Usually it's just someone who admires the work you've put into it, and if not it's usually pretty entertaining to hear what they have to say anyway.

You guys must be the ones that I wave to on the freeway and just stare me down and drive hard. It's sad.

Phlip
01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
I see where you're coming from, Skylar, BUT the things that generally happen are the ANNOYING neighbors who want to ask a billion and a half questions and get on your nerves, or perfect strangers who want to stop and shoot the shit, and again get on your nerves.
For instance... My neighbors have been "my" neighbors for 45 years, since they built this neighborhood (Granny lives 4 houses down, all moved into the houses brand new), except for my next door neighbors on my left, as they rent the house from the original owners' son. We all know one another by first and last names, conversation to be exchanged is usually "hello," or "good morning," maybe even the occasional "thanks for bringing my trashcan up from the street Friday," and that is all well and good.
There is a park across the street from here, and I often do my little general maintenance shit to my car in my own driveway. People from other neighborhoods like the park across the street because I live in a secluded neighborhood in the bottom of a horseshoe (ask Barry, he's been here)... My problem is that it is THOSE motherfuckers that want to stand around and talk to me while I work on my car, not my 75 year old neighbors or the deaf couple to the right of me.
I am guessing that the others in this thread are being presented with similar situations, sometimes almost feeling like they're being cased for theft or, at the very least being inundated with a fuck-ton of questions that forums allow us the simple means to ignore.
Again, I can't speak for everyone, but that is how I see it.
Now I WILL throw a peace sign to someone driving a modified S-Chassis if I see them on the road, and make sure to return them if they see me first, I am not that kind of an asshole. I don't think.

ManoNegra
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I usually don't work on the driveway - It's inclined and someone always needs to park or leave. Our driveway extends into the house and there's plenty of room back there behind a gate.
On the few occasions that I do work in the driveway - oil changes, etc nobody ever bothers me. A few, "working hard?" or "wow, you can do your own car work?" and that's it.
Besides most of my neighbors are into big ass truck with swap meet 'dubs and "Baller's Ambition" decals on their mirrors. They probably thing I'm an idiot for always having old pos cars.

SINxSELEKTAH
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
i guess working in your garage would make it private, but working in the driveway makes it public?? lol damm our garge is full of crap grrr

get rid of the FC parts and you'll have room LOL

similar things happened to me. i was changing my brakes on my 8 in my garage, and some kid in a 330i rolls up rat packed with a 2 chicks and 3 dudes. the driver was like "hey! HEY!!, wanna sell your FD?" i'm like WTF? "it's not for sale" then he goes, "really? are you sure? i'd buy it off you." i looked at him like he said the dumbest thing somebody could ever say. then he waits and goes "WELL?" i said "NO...not for sale" so i hear him drop it into drive and speeds off.

firelizard
01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
It's really funny how car guys always think you have something awesome done to your car.

I was disappointing them every cruise night hardpark when I'd be looking at a car and someone would ask me
"Hey, what do you drive?"
"98 Protege"
"Nice, which one is it?"
"Oh, it's parked behind the building, it's stock"
"Oh... well, cool.. :\"

Nice of them to assume I can build/afford a car though.

ZX88
01-20-2008, 04:22 PM
i love my parents 3 car garage no one ever ask me shit i do my work there as much as possible.

khilgers
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
My muscle car influenced neighbors would come over just to BS and have a beer. Other than that some of the local S-chassis owners would stop by just to see if the car is running yet. It's kind of nice to have some peace and quiet. At most stupid high school kids drive by and just gawk, like what the hell kind of car is that, and then proceed to ask what kind of BOV I have?

j00ni3
01-20-2008, 07:04 PM
mostly i work at my boss's 2 car garage... which is packed with shit load of car shit

my boss's cars include

1.a ( don't know year ) cutlass supreme ( love the car... such a nice shade of gray)
2. 240z with 6000 miles on it. bought it 24g ( imna take it from him)
3. 91 gray z n/a 2+2 with 96000 miles ( exhaust is horrificly nice)
4. 86 red z n/a 2 seater with only 12000 miles !!!
and 7 other daily drivers...

and i must say he is my last boss... helps me work on the cars, do my swaps and bla bla ... and gave me his 96 saab 900 s so i can daily drive to work without killing my car

pics of 2 weekends ago.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/j00ni3/Photo_010508_005.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/j00ni3/Photo_010508_006.jpg

well mostly i get the kids around the block saying i lovee your car... it's sooo hot... and i always say ... thanks...

but usually i get the you got some NICE set of tools ...

i say errr... thanks... they're craftsman... haha

ps... sorry for the pics if pics weren't allowed..

jeeper_x
01-21-2008, 12:05 AM
That's an awesome bail-out line.

forget that, wat if the fuckers want some of my cookies?......:bash:

codyace
01-21-2008, 12:56 AM
This is another reason that I am glad I live in a neighborhood full of old people.
There is a strict few people I allow to even meet me at my house.

That's how i've been forever. I'm fortunate that our family shop is in town, and I live out of town. Only close friends at my place.

Tearlessj
01-21-2008, 01:52 AM
A while back when I had my Supra I was doing some body work on it in the drive way,
My female neighbor from across the street was skipping across the street in joy. (Her boobies were jumping like crazy)

her- "Hey! I have a Supra too! Do you paint cars? Wanna paint mine?"
Me- "Not really I'm just trying to learn, sorry about that"
her- "Its ok, so is yours a Turbo"
Me - "No its not"
her- "Mine is"
Made my penis feel smaller I swear.

She then told me her husband owned a upholstery shop and that she could hook me up. Too bad they moved before I got to take advantage of that.

Andrew Bohan
01-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Too bad they moved before I got to take advantage of her.

fixed.

HyperTek
01-21-2008, 11:54 AM
^^^ hahah i was thinking the same thing

Teddy
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I was working on my 510 in the street once and these two dudes drive by in a truck and stop right next to me. They're all like, "Woah! dual webbers!" And I said, "No, Mikunis".. And they drove off.

Bobafreak
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Ughh! I used to get that alot. Usually when people see you with several vehicles and you work on them they start asking you for advice on parts or if this amount is right for whatever install. Then you get the ones who will pay you for a shitty ass job for less the cost. Prime example im doing my oil change a guy tells me that he needed his oil pan gasket changed and the shop was gonna charge him 200.00 to do so and i was like ah thats sucks and kept working. I guess i was supposed to take it as a hint. So then he goes well since you know about cars and i always see you working on them you think you can do it ill get the parts and you can install it for 60.00

60.00 are you fucking kidding me? So i gave him a smile and said i have a few events coming up but when i have time ill let you know. But none the less i understand what you mean.

Andrew Bohan
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
ahh one day the owner of my house came by (i'm renting) and he was fixing the water heater, and he asked me if i want to change the timing belt in his pos ford minivan.

i told him $1000. he was like "hmmm"

Adam496
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
ahh one day the owner of my house came by (i'm renting) and he was fixing the water heater, and he asked me if i want to change the timing belt in his pos ford minivan.

i told him $1000. he was like "hmmm"

You should talk him into giving you a free month's rent or something....

Fonix36
09-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I had half my hood tell me something when i was doing a motor swap on my street yes as in on the street

i8yourfwd
09-06-2008, 01:34 AM
I was once working on my car and some door to door religious guys stopped me and then took their suit jackets off and tried helping me swap my car.

Quite random. One guy knew a lot.

I called them the jesus drifters.
LOL I read through the thread just to see if you would mention that.

I still remember when you told me that story. Funny stuff

ryguy
09-06-2008, 03:31 AM
lol this thread has been dead for a good half a year. But, it was a good read anyways. I, too, have had problems with the holy rollers. I was working on my friend's grand am, and these 3 girls come up to us and start asking me what I'm doing, whats wrong with the car (as if they'd understand if I told them), etc. They could see that I had the damn thing ripped apart, up to my elbows in grease, but they just kept on talking about their church dance or whatever holy event they were trying to push on me.

On the flip side though, when I first got my 88 Z the meter reader saw me working on it in my garage. He walked back there and we started talking about Zs, and it turns out he had the EXACT same Z as I did. Dont know if it was the same car, but it was the same color/options/year etc. When I had the Z I would get a TON of people at gas stations, malls, etc. asking me about it and telling me how they had a Z31 back in the day.

Now with the 'vert I get a lot of girls asking me all excitedly "what kind of car is that?!?!" and when I tell them it's a Nissan 240sx, they give a disappointed "oh" lol. It makes me really happy though when the car makes little kids happy, like the other day when I was at McDonalds and as I drove by I heard a little boy yell "Dad quick look its a race car!" and another time in a parking lot a kid ran up to my car and said "thats the same car I have in my game mom! same wheels and body kit and EVERYTHING!!"

Andrew Bohan
09-06-2008, 10:11 AM
next time, tell the girls it's a porsche 240sx.

i'll even sell you some stickers for it :w00t:

ZenkiGTS
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM
i feel it... last Halloween i had a guy come up to my garage where i was at messing with my motor on the stand and take a picture of my whole garage since my car was on jacks lookin like a bare shell.... and i had hella shit laying around

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-06-2008, 12:27 PM
3 words.....cul de sac

aNskY
09-06-2008, 12:30 PM
my workspace is out of general view except my next door neighbor.. sometimes he comes over to check on my progress cos he's cool like that. sometimes i dont wanna talk because ive got a tranny on my chest or something but most of the time its cool.

on the other hand ive got a buddy with a mkiv supra and he lives in a complex, so we wrench on it there and get SOOO many annoying kids asking if its for sale or just asking questions about it. funny when he tells them he'd sell it for $25k theyre like .. oh. then check the bay and walk away

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
my workspace is out of general view except my next door neighbor.. sometimes he comes over to check on my progress cos he's cool like that. sometimes i dont wanna talk because ive got a tranny on my chest or something but most of the time its cool.

on the other hand ive got a buddy with a mkiv supra and he lives in a complex, so we wrench on it there and get SOOO many annoying kids asking if its for sale or just asking questions about it. funny when he tells them he'd sell it for $25k theyre like .. oh. then check the bay and walk away
nothings less personal than a complex!

SHIFT_*grind*
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
While I was wrenching on my S13, I had some ~10-year old kid walk up and say "twin turbo or single?" I was like......what? who are you? :rofl: I didn't want to be a dick like "actually, these cars never HAD twin turbos :keke:" because he seemed like a cool little kid. Was talking about how he was in his dad's car while he was drifting on the highway or some nonsense, but whatever, he's 10.

Last weekend, this elderly lady came walking past the garage with a little kid, probably 5 years old (grandson, I presume) who was peddling along in one of those Playskool peddle cars (like this (http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/unbranded/c/unbranded-cozy-coupe-ii-car-little-tikes.jpg)). The kid was like "there's a man workin' on his race car!" It's hardly a race car but I thought it was pretty cute. "Why ya workin' on it?" I'm like "it's broken!" He's like, "this one works pretty good, the hood doesn't even open!"

stiizy
09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
i was working on my old EP3 once and some lady asked me if it was Solar powered cause of the yellow color and carbon hood?!?!?!?!!

Then some ricer came up to me while working on my Sti and said wow how did you get the radiator all the way down there (My Fmic) and then said that he has a turbo button in his car...

ryguy
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
and then said that he has a turbo button in his car...
Was it an old Firebird?
http://www.jlanghout.nl/images/Turbo%20Boost/Turbo%20Boost2.jpg

Om1kron
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
I've had my old neighbors come into my garage while wrenching on my cars and they were all high school kids at that point getting into honda's so I told them what I did to my cars part by part. Let them watch me work on it and tell them what I was troubleshooting. They have to learn somehow.

Since then they've broken down cars at their house, done engine swaps, etc, etc. Legit or not I dunno, but they've since all got rid of their honda's and all bought g35's lol.

Now the youngest one has a nice hatchback s13 with a pignose bumper on some reverse meshies and stock springs and shocks. Looks real clean!

it doesn't annoy me all that much really.

JRas
09-08-2008, 09:53 PM
eh I've done something like it before

saw a modified supra 94+ riding my bike through a neighborhood

he backs up into his driveway gets out from the right side ( RHD ) with fastfood in his hands.

so I said something on the lines of "nice car" as he's opening his garage I see a Acura NSX and a BMW M3 in laguna blue seca :drool:

I felt obligated to ask him if he tracked em

he said he had but wasn't serious into it

didn't want to take up anymore time so I said cool and left

... guy lives down the street every once in awhile I see him in his NSX or Supra and give him a wave.

guys in his 20's owns a nice home and sick cars... sign me up :bigok:

also there is this one kid on the street...hes like 7 years old...every damn time Im working on my car I get out from underneath and there he magically is. this kid asks me soooo many questions...reminds me of denis the menace..or something.... "whats this do?", "is your car broken?", "can I help", questions never stop...I ussually just pretend im finished working and go in for 10 mins, have a beer or w/e and come back out when he leaves.

that kid sounds cool as hell, I was a lot like that as a kid though asking loads of questions on how stuff works.

LOL

you found yourself the people who get mad at you for working on a car in "their" neighborhood because it decreases the value of their homes :rolleyes:

95% of the time I'm super calm guy but shit like that gets me so heated I feel like busting their heads open. :rant:

thejapino
09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
It isn't all that bad.

One time, I was ready to drop an SR into my coupe. This dude that lives around the corner that I always saw and never met came around and starting talking cars with me. 15-20 minutes later, I finished prepping the engine bay and he offered to help me drop the motor in. I wasn't expecting that and I thought that was real cool of him to ask! Still friends since.

You guys are so paranoid:ugh:

neoninja
09-10-2008, 11:25 PM
lol as if all of us were not once noobs and had to ask others about their S chassis.

HyperTek
09-11-2008, 01:11 AM
dude your neighbors are ok,. id hope you are comfortable if your neighbors hit you up, its the random people who just drive by your house yadda yadda that are annoying.