PDA

View Full Version : any zilvians studying engineering in college?

iwishiwas-all*
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
yea, just looking for anyone on here who is studying engineering in school, or has allready graduated. I'm waist deep in it now 2nd year, but figured id try to make a discussion of your thoughts of engineering etc... hardest classes, hardest thing to grasp, easiest even, just a good lively discussion.
for me im studying Mechanical engineering, and its fun at times but physics definately stands out as my hardest subject, shit is rough, trying to get through physics 3 and get out of it ya know,
so anyone else??

S14monkey
01-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Just graduated last semester with a BS in mechanical engineering. I'm not the smartest student or hardest working, but to be honest, the whole thing wasn't all that bad, once you get the basics the rest gets a little easier. Try not to forget most of your physics and math cuz you will see it again later. I was pretty good at mechanical design, statics, dynamics, and CAD but was absolutely horrible at mechatronics and circuit analysis. I was so-so with thermodynamics.

I sucked at physics too, but after seeing it over and over in the following mechanical engineering classes, i understand it now.

Moncef
01-11-2008, 07:23 PM
I haven't started studying engineering yet, I'm a senior in high school but ME is my plan.
Right now, AP physics is alright but it's going to be a challenge later on. I'd also like to know how involved ME is actually, my father has a PhD in it and seems to be trying to scare me out of this field, since I don't really have an "excellent" work ethic with my current calc class.

S14Monkey, what school did you graduate from? And are you looking for a job as an ME, or do you already have one?

-Moncef

Tops*
01-11-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm considering majoring in electrical. I did architecture for a year, but it just didn't work out. I'm taking calc. 2 this semester, but to my understanding, engineering majors have to take engineering specific math courses, right?

jdm538
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
i'm transferring to CSULB next semester for mechanical engineering.

my friend graduated from chemical engineering 2 years ago and now works for toyota's race team.

swiftdrift
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
2ND year at calpoly as a Mechanical Engineer Major.... hollar!

pablo180
01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Graduated this past summer with a BS in Mech. Engineering. The thing about mechanical engineering is that you can do practically anything with it.....design racecars/airplanes/washing machines.

Physics is only the tip of the iceberg, and it only gets harder. There were three classes that either made you or broke you at my school. Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, and Fluid Mechanics. If you could get through those three, then you could probably get through the rest of the curriculum.

If you are a car guy, i'm assuming you are since you are on a car fourm, then do the Formula SAE project. Nothing else will prepare you better for the real world, or help you get into the automotive engineering industry.

Moncef
01-11-2008, 07:54 PM
If you are a car guy, i'm assuming you are since you are on a car fourm, then do the Formula SAE project. Nothing else will prepare you better for the real world, or help you get into the automotive engineering industry...

One of the many things I'm looking forward to :bowdown:

iwishiwas-all*
01-11-2008, 08:15 PM
yea we are in the process of starting an SAE team here at UM,
i mean physics isnt a "hangup" i did the statics and material mech and those classes were easy for me, i got dynamics this semester and i hear that class is also a good judge of how you will do in engineering.
I also got a cool project in our inhouse IC engines lab which im hoping yuo will see somewhere in print in a few months ;)

TurDz
01-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I graduated with a BS in ME last year. IMO, heat transfer, dynamics, and vehicle dynamics were probably my hardest classes. Lots of complex theory behind all of them, sometimes I just got lost. I got through em though. At the same time, I was very lazy.

Originally, I started in computer science and engineering, but programming was NOT for me. I was so happy when I switched to mechanical eng. at the end of my freshman year. My motivation for the major was to work with cars.

Now, I'm lucky to be working with cars all day and get paid for it!

jspaeth
01-11-2008, 09:21 PM
2006 - B.S. in Chemical Engineering from U. of Delaware, Magna Cum Laude biatchhh

Right now at Princeton University getting my Ph.D. in Chem. Eng.

Worrrrd

[w]hite[r]abbit[x]
01-11-2008, 09:37 PM
i'm transferring to CSULB next semester for mechanical engineering.

my friend graduated from chemical engineering 2 years ago and now works for toyota's race team.

i wonder what a chemical engineer does for a race team. sounds like a pretty cool job. i switched my major from chemical engineering to industrial technologies.

Jung918
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
hite[r]abbit[x];1761697']i wonder what a chemical engineer does for a race team. sounds like a pretty cool job. i switched my major from chemical engineering to industrial technologies.

changes the oil... I'm kidding.

ilovecoupes
01-11-2008, 10:18 PM
EE major checking in. Attending a branch campus of PSU.

From what im told the classes don't get any easier. I think engeneering is a major that takes more dedication then others.

ilovecoupes
01-11-2008, 10:28 PM
to my understanding, engineering majors have to take engineering specific math courses, right?

Not that i've heard of. Engineering requres higher level maths(calc 3, differntial equations, matrices). But, nothing specificly for a certain engineering program.

balmo
01-12-2008, 12:43 AM
'06 Aerospace Engineering checking in. Almost same as ME up until the 3rd yr. Thermo, Heat Transfer, Statics, Dynamics, Fluid Mech. were alright. What kicked my ass is the aero classes i took ~ Compressible Flow, Propulsion, CFD, and of course Senior Design. It can be a pleasant or miserable experience depending on your TEAM MATES. Mine was okay~somewhat. We did the SAE Aero Design comp. and we did pretty good:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/dorihachigo/is_01939.jpg

240look'n
01-12-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm a CE at Cal Poly Pomona. 4th year, I think I have 1.5 more to go!!!! Just stick with it and dont let an F get you down.

turtl631
01-12-2008, 08:16 AM
EE major checking in. Attending a branch campus of PSU.

From what im told the classes don't get any easier. I think engeneering is a major that takes more dedication then others.

I'd agree in a general sense. I'm in med school and have found that most admissions committees will let you get away with a significantly lower GPA if you were an engineering major versus, say, biology.

iwishiwas-all*
01-12-2008, 08:35 AM
I'd agree in a general sense. I'm in med school and have found that most admissions committees will let you get away with a significantly lower GPA if you were an engineering major versus, say, biology.

lol i sure hope so.

chibo
01-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm on the other side - I dropped out of the ME program because I wasn't all there with dedication and I wasn't putting the effort I should have in.

I fucked up and I've been regretting it since... keep at it.

low and slow
01-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Not that i've heard of. Engineering requres higher level maths(calc 3, differntial equations, matrices). But, nothing specificly for a certain engineering program.

At my school, once you complete the calc's (I-III), then such classes as E-Math and II (along with others), show up. I'm currently a sophomore at FSU, majoring in ME (just declared yesterday after getting all the pre-reqs done last semester, woo) and I'm doing my best to stay on top of shit. My roommate is also an ME, along with a few really good friends of mine, so I've been using them to help me through it. I'm already planning on joining SAE and ASME, and I'm taking a few intro ME classes now, only to continue the fun on into the summer and fall. I've always liked a challenge, and have always had a passion for cars, so I figured this is the way to go. So far (I realized somewhat the hard way with Calc II) the best thing to do is to keep going, don't loose your integrity, and don't loose site of what you came into the program for.

turtl631
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
lol i sure hope so.

It's not like bio is a coasting major like psych or something. I had to take physics 1&2, organic chem 1&2, etc. for my bio BS, and even the bio classes themselves weren't a walk in the park. I think med school in general is a lot easier than many of my undergrad science courses. Point being though, that while engineering is tough, it's not THAT much harder than a pure science major, at least at a decently competitive school. I know a lot of pretty smart people whose GPAs within the bio major were in the low 3s. They're all now kicking butt in med school.

kouki_s14
01-17-2008, 01:02 AM
i'm a 3rd year Mechanical Engineer at Cal Poly Pomona. You just gotta find the right teachers for certain classes and you'll be fine. A bad teacher can turn an easy class into the most confusing shit you've ever heard.

I'll be doing about 5 years here, i would fail everything if i tried to do it in 4. To me 4 years seems suicidal and sadly there were suicides because people took about 5 ME core classes in one quarter. I heard a guy jumpped off the CLA building or something, which is why the roof is now closed off. Come to think of it, all the suicides stories I've heard about Cal Poly Pomona students were all ME majors........

smokins14
01-17-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm doing ME at a community college right now. They have it set up that you take all your core classes like math, physics, sciences, etc. there, and then transfer as a junior at UNCC. This is my first semester. Last semester, I took classes that don't transfer. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

The part that's going to get me is math. I'm not looking forward to it at all, but I know if I push myself through it, it will definitely be worth it.

SHIFT_*grind*
01-17-2008, 07:40 AM
I majored in Physics...that's pretty close... :)

pwhitersxs
01-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I am an EE. I am just about to graduate.

One thing that is important is your social skills and how well you do at an interview. That is one thing I would have to add. Having good communication skills will get you far in any walk of life, and engineering is no exception.

Also, try to get a good practical application for what you are studying. Most teachers just pass crap off and make you do problems. Understanding industry is very important and learning the practical applications of things helps big time. That is one thing I wish I would have got out of PITT.

As far as classes go, I hated signals and systems. Almost impossible. I was also a bio-E major as well. O chem owns me. Failed it twice. My final gpa will be around 2.8. PITT gpa's tend to be pretty low for EE though.

iwishiwas-all*
01-17-2008, 01:19 PM
yea i mean, just starting class again, dynamics looks like it could be rough, but i think ill be fine in it,
Kouki_s14 alot of us here at UM take 5 cores a semester, its rough, but i donno miami is way more laid back than the MIT's or Michigans of the engineering world. now u want to talk about engineering suicides, those are the schools to see, shit.

do any of your schools let u into the labs as undergrads?
we have an internal combustion lab here at UM and my roomate and I have had a serious project in there for about a year now, I guess we are banking that having something extra like that will help out when it comes time to find a job and my gpa isnt a 3.5 lol.

i think we got a good discussion goin, keep this up.

axiomatik
01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
BSME - Arizona State, '03
MSME - Stanford, '04

Getting my Master's in under one year nearly killed me. Stanford is on a trimester system, so each trimester is only 10 weeks long, meaning you have to learn an entire semester's worth of graduate-level subject matter in only 2/3 the usual amount of time, and I took 5 classes/trimester. I wouldn't suggest going that route. Most people took 5 trimesters, 3 classes/trimester.

Classes that I had the most difficulty with: Calc III (not a very good teacher), Fluid Mechanics (I was always kind of lost), Physics II (electricity/magnetism, I don't know, I just never got it), Partial Differential Equations (worst class I ever took).

Easy stuff: Calc I & II, Mechanics of materials, Deformable Solids, Thermo, Heat Transfer, Mechatronics, CAD, Linear Algebra.

Engineering is definitely a more intensive course of study than pretty much any other major. I literally had on average ~3 hours of homework every night. My wife was a biology major (she has her PhD now), and never had any homework. Everything was done in class or in lab, so she always had way more free time than I did.

Now I'm an engineer for a company that designs and builds Packaging Equipment. I was hired on as a Controls Engineer about 3 years ago, and this past year was promoted to a manager position, and I pretty much have used only a tiny fraction of what I learned in college. It's kind of depressing, what did I spend all those years doing? But, on the other hand, I enjoy what I'm doing, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Lith
01-17-2008, 03:54 PM
I graduated from EE about 4 years ago.
I've been doing pretty much all power transmission/generation stuff (i.e. Power Plants, and Substations/Transformer Stations). If anyone is interested in that stuff, just PM me :)

SC_S13
01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
first year ME at UCSB. sciences kick my ass, i hate it, but im hoping my knack at physics in high school will help out :-D thermodynamics suck tho :-(
How many classes did you guys have to take before getting to stuff like design and CAD?

SC_S13
01-17-2008, 05:03 PM
btw, how much of the calc you learn do you actually apply in the real world....say designs and engine work?

pwhitersxs
01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I graduated from EE about 4 years ago.
I've been doing pretty much all power transmission/generation stuff (i.e. Power Plants, and Substations/Transformer Stations). If anyone is interested in that stuff, just PM me :)

that's funny you mentioned that. I have a power concentration in EE. Power generation/ transmission/ distribution is awesome stuff. I just got done reading the "Annual energy outlook for 2007" for a graduate class. Interesting stuff, but boring reading through pages of numbers. I hope to land a job with power generation/ t & d.

kouki_s14
01-17-2008, 05:29 PM
yea i mean, just starting class again, dynamics looks like it could be rough, but i think ill be fine in it,
Kouki_s14 alot of us here at UM take 5 cores a semester, its rough, but i donno miami is way more laid back than the MIT's or Michigans of the engineering world. now u want to talk about engineering suicides, those are the schools to see, shit.

I wasnt talking about ANY ME core classes, i was talking junior/senior level core classes (ie Advanced Machine Design, Fluid Mechanics, Thermo 2, Heat Transfer, Stress Analysis). Try taking those classes in 10 weeks. How can you know what rough is if you're barely taking dynamics?

Cal Poly Pomona may not be famous, but that doesnt mean it's not an hard school. The engineers coming out of this school are highly valued among the industry.

Timeattack
01-17-2008, 05:34 PM
My dad is electrical engineer >>>> that man knows his math<<<<

chibo
01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
How many classes did you guys have to take before getting to stuff like design and CAD?
My school started design first semester of college, CAD was during my second semester.

Lith
01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
that's funny you mentioned that. I have a power concentration in EE. Power generation/ transmission/ distribution is awesome stuff. I just got done reading the "Annual energy outlook for 2007" for a graduate class. Interesting stuff, but boring reading through pages of numbers. I hope to land a job with power generation/ t & d.

I haven't read that paper, but I'm pretty sure it says that we will be in deep shit if we don't do something drastic, lol..

There are so many jobs in Power/T&D right now that most companies can't find engineers that are trained to do these jobs. We can't even keep up with the projects we have right now (which are in middle east, Europe, North America, etc..).
Problem lies in the fact that in the last 20+ years very few things have been upgraded properly. Now that most Transformer Stations, Generation Plants etc.. are nearing the end of their life expectancy and people are running around trying to upgrade everything at once. We have a huge problem here in North America with this.

Just to give you an example, I went to a transformer station that had 4 750MVA transformers which were 30 years old. They were falling apart and yet they still were at 100% load. I couldn't believe it.

Good thing is, if you looking for work in this field, there will be enough to go around for at least 10 years. This goes for Middle East, Europe and especially here. I know that because the projects we work on, are basically just waiting in queue.
There's definitely going to be enough work considering it takes at least 18 months to design/build/commission a transformer station with switchgear, and we need to build tons of them.

gmarzan
01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Graduated with EE and Chemistry (Rutgers), I was going for chemical engineering, but I cant handle anymore math. For the people who decided or want to take chemistry or chemical engineering, watch out for Physical Chemistry. That class was probably the hardest class i have ever taken. It is also about WHO (professor) YOU TAKE, some professors can teach and some can't.

drift_student
01-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I am 2.5 into my ME degree here at the University of Texas at Austin. There are so many girls here. Its hard to concentrate. Also, don't try to rush graduating, everyone can go at their own pace. I am on the 4.5 year plan lol.

duffman1278
01-18-2008, 05:50 PM
ME major here, from Cal Poly Pomona. I'm a sophmore but right now at my company, the ME here, and even others have told me that usually what you learn in school is a SMALL amount of what you apply in the field. The math isn't too bad, for the most part, I'm 1 class away from finishing up my math courses and imo, it gets easier as you go. At least for the math courses required for engineering. Physics was another story, as I never took it in HS, and I should have.

Some of the professors at my school are really helpful though. I've had friends who have bad professors and can make an easy class hard and vice versa. GL with your choice though.

DirtyS14
01-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Mech Eng soph here. University of Colorado.

Its not that bad so far.

skylindrftr
01-18-2008, 10:32 PM
ME major here, from Cal Poly Pomona. I'm a sophmore but right now at my company, the ME here, and even others have told me that usually what you learn in school is a SMALL amount of what you apply in the field. The math isn't too bad, for the most part, I'm 1 class away from finishing up my math courses and imo, it gets easier as you go. At least for the math courses required for engineering. Physics was another story, as I never took it in HS, and I should have.

Some of the professors at my school are really helpful though. I've had friends who have bad professors and can make an easy class hard and vice versa. GL with your choice though.

same here, i am just starting out =) too bad i got owned on the math placement exam i had to start in 105.... if they woulda ignored that and gone off my sat score i could be in 115 right now...

iwishiwas-all*
01-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I wasnt talking about ANY ME core classes, i was talking junior/senior level core classes (ie Advanced Machine Design, Fluid Mechanics, Thermo 2, Heat Transfer, Stress Analysis). Try taking those classes in 10 weeks. How can you know what rough is if you're barely taking dynamics?

Cal Poly Pomona may not be famous, but that doesnt mean it's not an hard school. The engineers coming out of this school are highly valued among the industry.

yea wasnt really trying you or your school, just addressing the suicide issue.
I'm sure your school is plenty hard, i think u misread my comment

drftmark
03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Anyone go to Texas A&M? I am graduating high school this year and will be in either ME or EE at A&M, and I can't decide which major to go with.

pablo180
03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
well, if you like racing, and want a job in the racing industry...i think A&M is a good place to be. the senior engineer at my job is a A&M alum and the guy knows everything about chassis/suspension design. Not to mention that they are current back to back FSAE West champions. but only if you are going for ME.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Anyone go to Texas A&M? I am graduating high school this year and will be in either ME or EE at A&M, and I can't decide which major to go with.

depends on what you like more, circuitry and waveforms or thermo/fluid flow and mechanical systems. if you're not sure, i'd suggest that you just enter as a general engineering major and then get a feel for what you want freshman year while you're on general classes. then you can hop into the major specific stuff of your choice with everyone else your 2nd year. that's the usual route at my school, assuming that you'll be in a 5 year program.

Dirty Dee
03-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm a junior in Electrical Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. I hate signal processing and am leaning towards power and energy and also circuit design. Currently taking a solid state electronics class and electromechanics. Trying to get an internship for the summer but its hard with my gpa being a 2.8

flip3d
03-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm majoring in Social Engineering :)

Tenchuu
03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm going for EE here, almost done with my first year. I am on the 5 year plan.

g6civcx
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I finished a computer engineering degree back in 2001. I realized that you can make a decent living, but won't be wealthy so I went back for a business degree. Now I'm heading to law school.

Engineering was a good base, but the average person isn't going to become wealthy from a regular engineering job. Still though, the background helps a lot because most lawyers don't know anything about tech stuff.

Just stick with it and work hard. Then look for opportunities to make a name for yourself. It will pay off in the long run.

Tenchuu
03-11-2008, 01:02 AM
don't know about you guys, but i am looking at allot of EE jobs both state and federal that start at 50-100K and higher managerial EE jobs that are 100-200K. not that i expect to jusm into one of those but you can make a pretty good living off of about 100K

Sway500
03-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Mechanical Engineering Major at University of North Carolina in Charlotte here

g6civcx
03-11-2008, 01:32 PM
don't know about you guys, but i am looking at allot of EE jobs both state and federal that start at 50-100K and higher managerial EE jobs that are 100-200K. not that i expect to jusm into one of those

Sure you can. It depends where you go, but at some places you can make 6 figures your first year if you work hard.

Are you willing to relocate? Are you hard working? Do you persevere? Are you smart? Do you write well (most engineers do NOT)?

If yes to all I say you'll be fine.

but you can make a pretty good living off of about 100K

I don't know about all that. $100k may be a lot to some people, but for others it's never enough.

snowmansent2hel
03-11-2008, 01:36 PM
im currently a senior in high school and am thinking about going to VT for ME anyone currently there?

Moncef
03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
It depends on what you wanna do. And most people work a 40 hour week, so essentially you would be eating, sleeping, working, the occasional shit and then pay your bills.

I'm going for an MBA after a Bachelor in Engineering, and I'll be starting an investment plan before college. I'm going to reach for managerial/executive positions after I hold an engineer position. I love engineering and I love cars, but I also love business. Because that's how products reach customers, through proper marketing.

Moncef

millworkman
03-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Civil here, Just getting into it.

nani
03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
if you dont get a scholarship, do you just get a loan for all your tuition expenses?

g6civcx
03-11-2008, 06:27 PM
if you dont get a scholarship, do you just get a loan for all your tuition expenses?

Grants, donations, work, beg.

nani
03-11-2008, 06:55 PM
i've done the math and it really scares me. Im sure its worth it but i always wonder what if something goes wrong?

s14sx
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
i'm a 3rd year Mechanical Engineer at Cal Poly Pomona. You just gotta find the right teachers for certain classes and you'll be fine. A bad teacher can turn an easy class into the most confusing shit you've ever heard.

I'll be doing about 5 years here, i would fail everything if i tried to do it in 4. To me 4 years seems suicidal and sadly there were suicides because people took about 5 ME core classes in one quarter. I heard a guy jumpped off the CLA building or something, which is why the roof is now closed off. Come to think of it, all the suicides stories I've heard about Cal Poly Pomona students were all ME majors........

damn that's crazy.. any other good stories to share? lol I am in CS major from cal poly.

crzycav86
04-15-2008, 07:08 PM

I'm about to finish my 3rd year at A&M, ME major. I do a lot of FSAE volunteering, and I'll be going to Detroit in May. If you want to work in the industry, you need to join the formula team. We have at least two guys going to work for a star Mazda race team next year, and at least two others were offered jobs at GM. (out of about 20 on the design team) If you want any more information about the school, send me a PM.

Anyway, I agree with everything that's been said.

In a nutshell, mechanical engineers are fortune-tellers. They predict how things will respond to physical inputs. Using that, they can tell you when and how things will fail, and they design with that in mind. And yes, you can apply a lot of what you learn to your car.

If you want this power, you're on the right track.

crzycav86
04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah. Don't expect to get paid a ton unless you get an advanced degree.

nissanracer29
04-15-2008, 08:02 PM
I am a sophmore in Electrical Engineering at the University of Tennessee. The Physics classes can get really hard and can make a person want to give up and quit. We are learning about thermodynamics right now. That stuff is really complicated. I would like to get a job designing the electronics in cars.

low and slow
04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
I tip my hat to you for doing EE, we have to take Intro to EE (I'm a sophomore ME) and I'm dreading it. I like thermo, though, but I have a feeling it's one of those where you either love it, or absolutely despise it.

Marcus
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
second year mechanical eng. at sdsu. electrical physics kicked my ass. but got through it last semester..hopefully will get through in 4.5 years.

opponheimer
04-16-2008, 09:03 PM
1 semester left WVU for Mech Engneer B.S., 3.89 GPA, my only fun is one night a week, all I do is study obviously.. Its competitive as hell

I drive the 240 once every two weeks :( My next semester is only 14 hours, Yepee!

Oh yeah, electrical engineering is not that difficult..

All engineering is easy if you pay attention to the classes, its all buildup of knowledge, like circuits i, the basics, after differential equations, and automated controls, you take circuits ii and deal with laplace transforms and first-order, second-order circuits.. The later Ee classes actually dabble back into multivariable calculus with classes like fields, etc..

opponheimer
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I am a sophmore in Electrical Engineering at the University of Tennessee. The Physics classes can get really hard and can make a person want to give up and quit. We are learning about thermodynamics right now. That stuff is really complicated. I would like to get a job designing the electronics in cars.

what parts of thermo do you not understand? Maybe I can help :)

OurOnePassion
04-17-2008, 01:45 AM
what parts of thermo do you not understand? Maybe I can help :)

+1 for being a rad guy that wants to help. Instead of just telling 'em they're fucked.

At the moment, I'm currently trying to re-decide for the n-teenth time what I want to major in. Maybe ME or ChE. I'm not entirely sure -- if either. I'd sorta like to be a teacher if not. Though, due to "health reasons" I've had to drop out/fuck up several times with the community college deal (to transfer to Univ o' Tennessee-Knoxville or Tennessee Tech). Getting married this summer, so I have to get my education game on or take up work in a factory. So, with all hope and stuff there will be yet ANOTHER engineering student around here soon.

SHIFT_*grind*
04-17-2008, 09:02 AM
I didn't have much of a problem with thermo, but for me, E-mag was a bitch. Didn't like analytical mech, either.

ro240sx
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Im going to Cal Poly Pomona. Not sure whether to do EE or ME.

lflkajfj12123
02-04-2009, 06:41 PM
ME at Purdue here

working on bachelors

its a long there's no turning back...

MrFixIt
02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
UF ME here.

Physics II is kicking my assssssss.....
2nd time taking it.

EDz s14
02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Im in my first year for ME at Cal Poly,

MFE class sucks balls lol

jyon9689
02-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm a second semester freshmen ME major at the University of Kentucky, huge UK fan, lived in Lexington all my life. I've gotta say, it's rough but I don't see myself doing anything else. I go out just about as much as anyone else in my fraternity, and spend a lot of time on shit other than school. I'm only taking 12 credit hrs. a semester now though, no classes before noon. One thing I've got going for me is social skills though, you should see some of the kids in our engineering program haha. I think that'll pay off for me though.

I'm thinking about transfering to University of Colorado at Boulder though because it'd better suit my hobbies, and just to switch it up you know? Anyone at Boulder that would be willing to let me know how you're liking it?

duffman1278
02-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Im in my first year for ME at Cal Poly,

MFE class sucks balls lol

You transferred from MFE to ME? That RARELY happens at CPP. Lol but I ask cause I did the same thing. I know/heard of a bunch of people at CPP that have done the opposite though.

EDz s14
02-04-2009, 11:11 PM
You transferred from MFE to ME? That RARELY happens at CPP. Lol but I ask cause I did the same thing. I know/heard of a bunch of people at CPP that have done the opposite though.

No, MFE 126 was a class that I have to take for my major which is ME.
Its the one with solidworks.
So you transferred from MFE major to ME?