PDA

View Full Version : "slave for a day"

Phlip
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
This is un-fucking-real, I can't imagine that someone is actually trying this shit.
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=82242&in_page_id=2

Theme park's 'slave for a day' event
Thursday, January 3, 2008

A theme park where visitors 'play' the role of a slave could soon be a reality for guilt-ridden Europeans wanting to come to terms with their ancestors' brutality.

Memory Village will allow visitors to be bound and tortured at a resort in Haiti, which was a slave nation before becoming the world's first black republic.

Tourists can play the part of a slave for 12 hours, in which they get a feel for the hardship endured in the Latin American country more than 200 years ago.

They can choose if they want to be spectators or participants. If they take part, they will be given traditional African clothing and then 'kidnapped', chained and forced to march to a slave ship in a mock crossing of the Atlantic.

They will then be part of a re-enactment where slaves were taken to market to be sold and later broken down with uktorture in quarantine and put to work on a plantation.

Towards the end of the 12-hour stay, visitors will take part in a recreation of the slave rebellion which eventually led to the establishment of Haiti.

Americans Ron and Carla Bluntschli, who are behind the project, have set up a foundation to get Memory Village off the ground and have already raised enough money to buy half the land needed for their attraction.

Mrs Bluntschli said: 'Slavery is a terrible wound. Germany is still suffering trying to get over the Holocaust, and this is a Holocaust that happened for centuries.'

The couple, who have lived in Haiti for 22 years, need $700,000 (£350,000) in total to complete their theme park.

Antihero983
01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA.....

you cannot be fucking serious.....

Quail
01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Ridiculous. Absurd idea - who would pay for this?!

mrpeepers
01-10-2008, 01:56 PM
GREAT IDEA! now they can feel my pain!

HyperTek
01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
i dont think you would get a feel for it if you participated. becuase you would have in your head the idea that "ok this is only for a few hours then im out of here"... where as in reality you didnt have that option.. This is kind of offensive to those who lived through this.. mocking them.

Bobafreak
01-10-2008, 01:58 PM
The world is sick now a days.

eastcoastS14
01-10-2008, 01:58 PM
GREAT IDEA! now they can feel my pain!

^^ you were a slave?

lol

a. who would sign up for this?
b. who goes on vacation to haiti?

SimpleS14
01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Parts of Haiti are not that bad actually...

but anyways, this is a horrid concept.

lovely240
01-10-2008, 02:14 PM
this is retarted!

ManoNegra
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Almost as much fun as The Holocaust Museum.
I'll wait till the 'You'll Take Christianity and Like It" theme park opens.

Quail
01-10-2008, 02:22 PM
i dont think you would get a feel for it if you participated. becuase you would have in your head the idea that "ok this is only for a few hours then im out of here"... where as in reality you didnt have that option.. This is kind of offensive to those who lived through this.. mocking them.

I agree - it does seem to be trivializing slavery!!

azndoc
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
$eriou$ly

That i$ retarded.

Live the live of a $lave for 12 hour$. 12 hour$ don't mean $hit.

It'$ like $aying live the life of being in military boot camp for 12 hour$, 12 hour$ don't mean $hit, it'$ the whole "your going to be there for 3 month$ of $hit" that will $eriou$ly fuck you up.

** Okay all kiddings aside. This is stupid for the simple fact that that shit has been over. Sure there's still slavery to this day not in the same form perhaps but in sex or labor wise. This is suppose to give the Europeans a closure or something? You weren't there, you didn't support slavery, or start it. It's been part of history since the beginning of time. What kind of self pity bullshit is that your going to fulfilled by supporting something like this. It's over, get over it. And when I say "you" I am refering to the people of present day.

lovely240
01-10-2008, 02:35 PM
i agree, well said!:bigok:

That i$ retarded.

Live the live of a for 12 hour$. 12 hour$ don't mean .

It'$ like live the life of being in military boot camp for 12 hour$, 12 hour$ don't mean , it'$ the whole "your going to be there for 3 month$ of " that will fuck you up.

** Okay all kiddings aside. This is stupid for the simple fact that that shit has been over. Sure there's still slavery to this day not in the same form perhaps but in sex or labor wise. This is suppose to give the Europeans a closure or something? You weren't there, you didn't support slavery, or start it. It's been part of history since the beginning of time. What kind of self pity bullshit is that your going to fulfilled by supporting something like this. It's over, get over it. And when I say "you" I am refering to the people of present day.

Rob's S14
01-10-2008, 04:39 PM
unfucking believable. I can't imagine who would sign up for this.

steve shadows
01-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Id volunteer to be a slave, then stage an uprising, involving in exploding popcorn as a diversion

azndoc
01-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Id volunteer to be a slave, then stage an uprising, involving in exploding popcorn as a diversion

dude there'$ no two for the price of one.

$teveJohn get it right.

DALAZ_68
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
WOW...this world is fucked in the head...

Matej
01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
unfucking believable. I can't imagine who would sign up for this.
Bunch of old pervs.

Sil-Abc
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
lets have one for the rape of nankang!

Rob's S14
01-10-2008, 07:07 PM
This is sending the wrong message of "ok, I went through it for 12 hours so now we're even right"

fliprayzin240sx
01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Whats next? A Jesus Christ Amusement Park, where you can get nailed to a cross? Shiet better yet, lets do a Saddam Hussein Park where you get hanged in the end...

ESmorz
01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Whats next? A Jesus Christ Amusement Park, where you can get nailed to a cross? Shiet better yet, lets do a Saddam Hussein Park where you get hanged in the end...

The Salem Witch Trials Experience.

*Now with real wood fires*

mrpeepers
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
haha seriously i this thread worth this many posts???

I hope that this business flops and goes down in history as a big effin laugh

Now who wants to be a slave?

hijack3d
01-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Wow... somehow I think of that movie "Hostel," I think they're in the same ballpark... and strangely enough...

I picture the spectators on like stadium stands, just watchin' and stuff. Doesn't that seem a little S&M kinda? What a horrible idea...

Phlip
01-11-2008, 07:21 PM
haha seriously i this thread worth this many posts???

I hope that this business flops and goes down in history as a big effin laugh

Now who wants to be a slave?
It is a discussion of just how stupid some people can be. Usually, those kinds of discussions go pretty far. I will not go beyond this into how little you have actually presented to the discussion beyond unfunny comments and ignorance.
Wow... somehow I think of that movie "Hostel," I think they're in the same ballpark... and strangely enough...

I picture the spectators on like stadium stands, just watchin' and stuff. Doesn't that seem a little S&M kinda? What a horrible idea...
You know, only now am I thinking of that movie as it relates to this, and in some sickass way, it relates.

Farzam
01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
That's pretty friggin lame.

Why can't we all just get along and have hugs and kisses and s'mores and stuff?

mrpeepers
01-15-2008, 01:53 PM
It is a discussion of just how stupid some people can be. Usually, those kinds of discussions go pretty far. I will not go beyond this into how little you have actually presented to the discussion beyond unfunny comments and ignorance.

Alright Phlip fair enough. I guess i was being a little hipocritical with my post becuase sometimes i think zilvia is a little immature.

I feel there really isn't much that can be said about the whole slave for a day that isn't blatantly obvious like WTF, or how are these poeple being tolerated in our society etc. so i went for the D-bag comment w/e, so neg rep me :rolleyes:

Bottom line though, the slave for a day thing did not surprise me as well as the other crap on the news; baby stuffed into sleeping bag the shot putted by baby sitter and the list goes on.
I know theres tons of kids here in HS or whatever... i guess i should act my age and be more mature

DRavenS13
01-15-2008, 11:05 PM
I wanna work there.

I wanna beat the hell out of people, watch them get raped and pillaged, drag them places, and get paid for it.

Hell, if they want to emulate slavery, might as well get as real as possible, right?