PDA

View Full Version : some guy bought my car and got me a ticket

VB13
01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
yeah the guy didnt know my number and didnt change the name under the ticket its kinda poart my fault bc i didnt turn my part in bc i didnt know anything now he got me a ticket he also got a Sr swap in it if he not gonna pay for it ima call cops that my car was stolen. so that way akll i have to pay is 90 bucks for a Sr S13 lols wat do u guys think i should do??

yudalicious
01-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I think someone needs to learn to make sentences, but that's just me.

kouki_s14
01-10-2008, 02:01 PM
filing a false report is illegal

HyperTek
01-10-2008, 02:03 PM
just man up, go to court, say you sold the car , show a bill of sale and just say if that person did not register the car yet then its not your problem *i dont think* but yah you should turn your paper over to the dmv asap.. that reminds me i think i have to do one lol

Bobafreak
01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
If you have proof the car was sold before the ticket you will be fine. Or just go to court and fight it im sure the cop will see its not you and itll get dismissed.

edit-thank you hypertek. your quick on those keys lol.

brndck
01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
go to the dmv and file a release of reliability. you should have done this AS SOON as you sold the car. contact the court/local pd and explain that you sold the car and it is no longer in your possession. learn to write in complete sentences so we can understand what the hell you're saying. i'm unclear about this. you sold the car and then the new owner got an illegal modifications ticket? did he tell the officer that it was still your car? if so, do you have a bill of sale showing the date you sold it to him?

SimpleS14
01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Your post is really hard to read. So the car was still registered under your name? You left your plates on the car? never signed over the title?

If yes to any of these, you don't have much of a compelling case since your not complying with law....well in VA atleast.

eastcoastS14
01-10-2008, 02:10 PM
its kinda poart my fault

i sat there for like 5 minutes trying to figure out wtf that means....still no clue

Phlip
01-10-2008, 02:16 PM
This is really hard to read, so I will answer what I think is being said...
You sold the car, you should have a notarized bill of sale, you should take that to the DMV to get whatever paper you need to have that car out of your name. That paperwork should accompany you to your court date, then charges pressed for filing a false police report.
Calling the cops and telling them the car was stolen as a means of cheapening the acquisition of an SR swap, especially in California, is a stupid idea, as then you become responsible for a car that might be in impound and subject to whatever they do to swapped cars out there. You'd be civilly and financially responsible, why else would this guy try to make his problem yours? I suggest you completely wash your hands of this car as cleanly and completely as you possibly can, lest a "$90.00 SR swap" would wind up costing you a fortune in the end.

lovely240
01-10-2008, 02:27 PM
arent you supposed to sign the bill of sale too? if you did and you go and say that this foo stole your car you'll be found as a liar and then they're never believe that this guy is the one who actually got the ticket...

axiomatik
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
srsly yoo knead to knottt rite lik a rtrded persn lol omgwtfbbq

steve shadows
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
a Sr S13 lols wat do u guys think i should do??

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/shadowerks/killyourself2.jpg

azndoc
01-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Just like everyone el$e I wa$ confu$ed as hell about what you wrote.

$90 for a $r $wap? WTF

SimpleS14
01-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Just like everyone el I wa$ confu as hell about what you wrote.

$90 for a ? WTF

What is with the 'S' as a '$' ?

DOOK
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
car was sold, not reregistered in new owners name. new owner got ticket for 90 dollars which this guy now owes as the car owner (??????). So he can pay ticket, fight it, or report the car as stolen since it wasn't reregistered and only pay the 90 dollar fine even though the car has since been upgraded with an SR...

first off, why did the car owner get a ticket and not the driver of the car?

Vision Garage
01-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanx dook. So much better when you use proper english! :)

!Zar!
01-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, you $hould've turned in the relea$e of liability withing $even day$ of $elling the car.

Reporting the car $tolen when he ha$ proof that you $old it to him $ound$ illegal and i$ ground$ for him to $ue you imo.

What type of ticket wa$ it?

If it's just a $90 can't be that bad. Talk to the owner of the car who you $old it to. Explain what happened. Wor$t case he can't pay for it, I $ugge$t to$$ing $90 at the ticket ju$t to get it delt with $o time won't go on and next thing you know, you have a warrant out for your arre$t.

Bobafreak
01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
$eriou$ly thi$ ha$ got to be the one of the wor$t "help me with my grammar thread$ known to man. but i $ee he fixed it. Thank you alot. We $eriou$ly appreciate it.

Dirty Habit
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Was that english or retarded?

PhilVia
01-10-2008, 06:44 PM
lol .... i love zilvia!
First of all the new owner have on his hand the title with your signature approving the sale
It's best to tell the truth you have it on writing so nothing to worry about because you sold the vehicle before the ticket was issued....plus telling the truth you don't have to worry about remembering the lie..

VB13
01-10-2008, 08:20 PM
o0o my bad lols bad typing skills sorry but yeah u think it will b fine ima go to DMV asap and turn it in and show court that i sold the car way b4 i got the ticket thanks guys

drift freaq
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
lol .... i love zilvia!
First of all the new owner have on his hand the title with your signature approving the sale
It's best to tell the truth you have it on writing so nothing to worry about because you sold the vehicle before the ticket was issued....plus telling the truth you don't have to worry about remembering the lie..

Fuck, does anyone around here, know about punctuation? Your post, is almost as hard to read as the OP's post!

Andrew Bohan
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
i know! i know!
<3 punctuation.

i sold my old truck to this dude who moved all his stuff to chicago and abandoned it.

i got a call later saying i had to pay this and that for having my abandoned truck there. i said, "umm no.. i dont think i will. i sold that truck to this other guy last month." then she told me that it's becoming popular to buy cheap vehicles and never transfer the title, then abandon them later.

luckily i had filed a release of liability. saved my ass. never heard from chicago again.

KA-T_240
01-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Go and talk to the DMV or sheriff and see what they can do for you.

Even though in MN we are suppose to leave the plates on the car, I take them now. My family have had 3 cars that people didnt do thier end of the paper work right. 1 was used in a hit and run. Another got sold to a friend of mine and he got the car still in my name over 1 year after i sold it, and via 2 owners. Our MN titles have a bottom piece that rips of that you send in the mail to show that you do not own and have sold the vehicle. I love those things, saved us a couple times.

If the ticket was anything that can affect your driving record do everything you can to get it fixed. You do not need to be paying more $$ for your insurance then you need to cause of someones dumbass screw up.