End of Summer Car Meet - potluck
hosted by PDC Crew

2002 October 12 (Saturday)
12:00 noon

Logitech parking lot
6505 Kaiser Drive
Fremont, CA 94555

Schedule:
11:00 AM - Set up food and whatnot. Designate areas of parking lot for different car makes and models.
12:00 noon - Official start of potluck meet.
3:00 PM - Clean up and prepare for drive on Mount Hamilton Rd.
4:00 PM - Begin Mount Hamilton drive from Alum Rock Ave to the Lick Observatory and back.

More info:
http://www.pdc-crew.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=272&forum=3
http://forums.12hundred.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8194

CAUTION:
Only experienced drivers should go on the Mount Hamilton drive. It is over 20 miles of twisties each way. There is no place to refuel on the way so I'd recommend filling up before or during the potluck. Parts of the road get very narrow and some of it is rather bumpy. Consider your suspension settings when going on this drive. This road is nothing like a race track so I'd recommend against stiff settings. There will be others using this road as well, such as people visiting or coming back from the observatory, motorcyclists, and bicyclists.

General rules: When you see an oncoming car, or motorcycle, or bicycle, slow down! When you're going around a blind corner, stay close to the right side of the lane and slow down! (Large SUVs and sometimes even firetrucks share these narrow roads.) The car in front of you might slow down suddenly for a turn so do not tailgate!

Alum Rock Ave usually has police on patrol, and the observatory does have at least one police officer on duty, so have both license plates on and keep your revs low to avoid getting a ticket. Do not cause trouble for the rest of us. Since we'll have so many cars, we might expect harassment from the police.

Once again, only experienced drivers should go on this drive.

Jun-Silvia
10-08-2002, 03:47 AM
I'll go. Wanna see other rides. Not sure I would join mountain ride. Anyone planing to go there?

Danio
10-08-2002, 02:45 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jun-Silvia @ Oct. 08 2002,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll go. Wanna see other rides. Not sure I would join mountain ride. Anyone planing to go there?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
I've already taken two days off from work this week (Sunday for the BBQ, today for traffic court arraignment) but I'm gonna try to take another day off for Saturday's potluck. =P I really wanna go. Haha my next paycheck's gonna be tiny. ^_^;

Several car clubs are showing up to that meet, so it'd be nice if we could get a few NorCal 240SXs to show as well.

95Blue240sx
10-08-2002, 05:29 PM
my brother is bringing his 4ag with him. wish i could go, but i got work. &nbsp;an all car meet like this one needs a bigger place than Lick Obs. IMHO i think that drive is very bad. &nbsp;lots of cars very small road.

Danio
10-08-2002, 06:11 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (95Blue240sx @ Oct. 08 2002,4:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my brother is bringing his 4ag with him. wish i could go, but i got work. &nbsp;an all car meet like this one needs a bigger place than Lick Obs. IMHO i think that drive is very bad. &nbsp;lots of cars very small road.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Yeah I agree. If there's too many cars going, they'll split into separate groups, but I wonder how big each group is gonna be. :P I wanna go just to see what happens. Imagine seeing a traffic jam on a narrow mountain road... LOL

95Blue240sx
10-08-2002, 11:30 PM
yeah, well at least they are taking alum rock instead of quimby.

Danio
10-12-2002, 01:52 AM
Meet is today. Bump.

Edit: Oh and I have to go to work so I won't be able to stay long. :\