PDA

View Full Version : Went shooting over the weekend.

Tearlessj
01-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I went shooting with a few friends of mine. It was my first time shooting a SBR and man was that thing loud. I only got to put a 100 rounds through it. But had a great time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTlpQVnqEmA

khilgers
01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
looks like fun

Dousan_PG
01-01-2008, 08:20 PM
damn that looks like a blast
wow

womenbeshoppin
01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
that woulda been WAY sweeter if u were drifting while shooting

PRADOgy
01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
That looks like so much fun! :rl: :rawk:

KA-T_240
01-01-2008, 08:36 PM
I wish I could be doing that. Didnt even get my guns out this year :(

Tearlessj
01-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Yea it was a lot of fun. We didnt expect as many people as we saw to be at the range. We had a lot of people so whoever came we let go ahead cause we didnt want them to wait on us. People just kept coming and coming.

S13Boosts
01-01-2008, 08:54 PM
damn thats coo:rl:

azndoc
01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Nice looks like fun.

Some of the people that were shooting had horrible stance and a couple of people don't know what muzzle awareness is.

Still looks like fun. I miss that shit.

cc4usmc
01-01-2008, 09:04 PM
damn someone needs to teach that poor girl how to shoot! lol

muddafakka
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
+1 to all the looks like fun comments.

HalveBlue
01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Nice looks like fun.

Some of the people that were shooting had horrible stance and a couple of people don't know what muzzle awareness is.

No shit.

Looks like you had fun, but in all honesty, you couldn't pay me enough to go shooting with those people. Safety first.

Tearlessj
01-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice looks like fun.

Yea it was a fews first time. Who had a bad stance? We're always open for advice.

Irukandji
01-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Shooting shit is so awesome. That looks like a lot of fun, even with the crappy music playing in the background. haha

HalveBlue
01-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Who had a bad stance? We're always open for advice.

Almost everyone?

Proper firing stance for an unsupported standing position:

Feet shoulder width apart, planted firmly on the ground, non-firing foot slightly forward.
Knees lightly bent.
Bent slightly forward at the waste.
Elbows tucked into the sides.
Shoulders square with the target.
Head and eyes forward, without cocking your neck/head to either side.

Also, learn to get consistent with where you place your cheek on the stock; hands on the weapon. This ensures you get the same aiming point and correct sight picture time and again.

Trigger squeeze should be a smooth, firm motion with the padded part of your index finger.

Also, you should make sure that your breathing is relaxed and the trigger squeeze on the natural pauses in your breathing cycle. When starting out it is suggested that you fire on the exhale portion.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head for now.

Oh and remember:

* Always treat firearms as if they are loaded and ready to fire.
* Always point the muzzle away from anything you do not intend to shoot.
* Always keep your fingers away from the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
* Always be sure of your target and of what is beyond it.

qwikspool
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
damn trigger happy:rl: . looks like a whole lot of fun.

Jung918
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
forgot about high pistol grip and using the sling to help stabilize the rifle

i wouldn't go shooting with you guys either. safety is paramount. also wanted to add muzzle awareness.

Tearlessj
01-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Almost everyone?

Proper firing stance for an unsupported standing position:

Feet shoulder width apart, planted firmly on the ground, non-firing foot slightly forward.
Knees lightly bent.
Bent slightly forward at the waste.
Elbows tucked into the sides.
Shoulders square with the target.
Head and eyes forward, without cocking your neck/head to either side.

Also, learn to get consistent with where you place your cheek on the stock; hands on the weapon. This ensures you get the same aiming point and correct sight picture time and again.

Trigger squeeze should be a smooth, firm motion with the padded part of your index finger.

Also, you should make sure that your breathing is relaxed and the trigger squeeze on the natural pauses in your breathing cycle. When starting out it is suggested that you fire on the exhale portion.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head for now.

Oh and remember:

* Always treat firearms as if they are loaded and ready to fire.
* Always point the muzzle away from anything you do not intend to shoot.
* Always keep your fingers away from the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
* Always be sure of your target and of what is beyond it.

Thanks man good info , Ill be sure to remember next time.

azndoc
01-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Damn....

He brought up Treat, Never, Keep, Keep.

LOLz

98koukile
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I can't swap around different guns, damn righties... I have a few scars on my arm from failing to evade hot shells. I almost thought someone was going to get shot the way you guys were swinging those guns around. Oh well, some states don't require a safety course to shoot I guess. Now try some automatic weapons haha, you may need to enlist to do so

The Chad
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I love shooting threads! :) I've gotta find the link my buddy posted of us shooting out in his Grandparent's land. He bought some Tanerite to blow up with his AR-15 and we dragged down an old microwave and some other misc electronics. :) I'll post it as soon as i find it.

The Chad
01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8GzVI9D7R8
Kablooey!! Enjoy!!

98koukile
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Haha that reminds me of when we put an ether tank on a paper towel, lit that on fire then pierced the bottle with a pellet gun. Mushroom cloud... where'd the bottle go?

cc4usmc
01-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Damn....

He brought up Treat, Never, Keep, Keep.

LOLz

MUAHAHAHA! +1 for the both of ya. Couldn't have put it any better then HaveBlue.

KA-T_240
01-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Me and my friends once blew up a microwave. But with home made firecrackers. lol. I was playing with dry ice today, to bad it was so cold and didn't really work :(.

Matej
01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Haha you guys look crazy dangerous, like someone out of GTA. How do you transport assault weapons like that, wouldn't it be automatic jailtime if you got caught with them in the car, or is it alright when you have some kind of a permit? I know someone who got caught with an assault rifle in his car and now he's in jail, I don't know if he had any papers for it though.
There's some dude that works with my dad and the back of his car is always filled with automatic rifles haha.

cdlong
01-02-2008, 04:24 AM
i miss shooting stuff, old picture. this thing was nice but damn heavy. i can see why they used so much aluminum and plastic in the m-16.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1792&d=1199272636

eastcoastS14
01-02-2008, 12:36 PM
lol only in the south haha...my cousin goes to school down in GA and he went to a shooting range the other day....looks like fun tho, id try it...if we had shooting ranges around, or automatic weapons were allowed in this state

Tearlessj
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Haha you guys look crazy dangerous, like someone out of GTA. How do you transport assault weapons like that, wouldn't it be automatic jailtime if you got caught with them in the car, or is it alright when you have some kind of a permit? I know someone who got caught with an assault rifle in his car and now he's in jail, I don't know if he had any papers for it though.
There's some dude that works with my dad and the back of his car is always filled with automatic rifles haha.
They're just like any other rifles in Tennessee. As long as you have the papers and your over 18 its all game. We're too poor for automatics.

BustedS13
01-02-2008, 01:34 PM

moonnniiicccaaaaa

INeedNewTires
01-02-2008, 03:26 PM
+1 to all the looks like fun comments.

looks like fun.................. wow

steve shadows
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I just reported you to the ATF.

steve shadows
01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
i miss shooting stuff, old picture. this thing was nice but damn heavy. i can see why they used so much aluminum and plastic in the m-16.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1792&d=1199272636

M-14? iirc

only navy uses still? that right?

cdlong
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
yeah, we had M9s (on my leg) and 16s too but we shoot those regularly, no need for pictures. i don't know about the navy, the army and air force use it too. i'm not sure why the air force guys had them, but the army uses them as sniper team backup weapons i believe. it's more powerful and simpler than the M-16. don't quote me, but i think the range and accuracy is better too.

steve shadows
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Probably the M16 is a pretty big over-engineered

HK did a better job with their guns than the DOD did with the M-16.

or Russia...

I mean the ak...throw it in a river, poop in the receiver and throw it in a camp fire.

Jung918
01-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Probably the M16 is a pretty big over-engineered

HK did a better job with their guns than the DOD did with the M-16.

or Russia...

I mean the ak...throw it in a river, poop in the receiver and throw it in a camp fire.

yeah, you forget that nato required a .223. the m14 is still used today but the majority use the m16.

The Chad
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I'll have to dig up the other video of everything else we blew up that day. DVD player, old CD player, and random crap...tires, tree stumps, and of course a previously Hispanic owned ford festiva...my fav!!!!! :)