PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Plant Explosion in FL.

WERDdabuilder
12-28-2007, 04:19 PM
shits pretty buck wild. they got some video from surveillance cameras around the plant.

JACKSONVILLE, Florida (CNN) -- Four people were killed and several injured after an explosion Wednesday at a chemical plant sent a thick plume of smoke over a section of Jacksonville, authorities said.
art.plant.explosion.irpt.jpg

A thick plume of smoke rises Wednesday at a chemical plant in Jacksonville, Florida.
Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image
more photos »

"Literally, it's a hellish inferno. There is no other way to describe it," said Fire Department spokesman Tom Francis.

Fourteen people were hospitalized after the blast at the T2 Lab on Faye Road, in an industrial area on the waterfront in north Jacksonville, Francis said.

Officials initially ordered an evacuation of nearby businesses, but by 4 p.m. the order had been lifted after tests of the air found no toxicity, Francis said.

Firefighters were still battling hot spots, and the effort will be going on for "quite some time," he said. Video See an I-Report account about the blast »

Six of those injured were transported to Shands Hospital in Jacksonville, hospital spokeswoman Kelly Brockmeier said. A Shands official said the hospital incident command system had been activated -- something done to put the staff in high alert in anticipation of trauma patients.

A woman who answered the T2 Lab's 24-hour facility emergency phone said the plant manufactures ecotane, a gasoline additive that reduces tailpipe emissions, according to the laboratory's Web site. See a map of the site of the explosion »

The billowing black smoke could be seen from the city's downtown, said Florida Times-Union reporter Bridget Murphy. Murphy said she talked to several workers as they walked out of the area, and they were "shaken to the core."

"They described a hissing noise and then a sound wave," she said.

Antonio Padrigan was trying to get in touch with his son, who works in a plant in the area, but was having no luck reaching him on his cell phone.

"He was shook up when he called me, but I can't get through to him anymore," Padrigan said. "I don't know if he's in the hospital or what."

CNN I-Reporters Jonathan Payne and his son Calvin, 16, shot pictures of the explosion. They felt the blast shake their home, about 15 minutes away, and went to see what was going on.

Carlton Higginbotham, 63, was working at home on Townsend Boulevard in Jacksonville when a loud boom shook his house, he said.

"It was a gunshot-type explosion; it wasn't a rumble," he said.

surveillance footage.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AllwzGyh664
CNN story.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYVI3jeUgOg&feature=related

eastcoastS14
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
lol i love the surveilance video of all the fat secretaries runnin around lol......all the white ppl standin around like wtf and the one black dude who just bolted reminded me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3GHlwWtsOc

white ppl...if ur black co-workers start running...run with them....dont stand around and ask whats happening....just run

muddafakka
12-28-2007, 04:50 PM
white ppl...if ur black co-workers start running...run with them....dont stand around and ask whats happening....just run

Hahaha

On a serious note, that really sucks.

azndoc
12-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Damn that shit was nuts.

Imagine reading or just posting on zilvia and then

BOOM......

I'd be running.

Screw standing around wondering what happened.

I'd be like "it's time to go dogg"

atutt
12-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Damn, that guy in the first vid at around 1:18 got up pretty damn fast.

Gnnr
12-29-2007, 03:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsGjJ4SFmbc

Antihero983
12-29-2007, 03:57 AM
that CNN guy was an idiot...."well judging from their website....and uhhhh.....so....chemicals.....maybe toxins in the air....umm uhhh...."

dumbass.

anywhoo, i hope everyone is ok down there, im intreged to know what went wrong.

PhilVia
12-29-2007, 05:48 AM
eastcoastS14 / Gnnr lol...thank you laughing so hard over those vid clips i have tears.

surveillance cameras in the office ??? hard place to doze

M4Rl0N
12-29-2007, 08:42 AM
oh so that was all thoese video were about.......
i just laughed when i saw them on tv but if i think about it i probally would of shit myself:eek:

2Slow40
12-29-2007, 09:52 AM
It's messed up but I can't help but laugh at the guy in the white shirt at 1:16. Gets up and runs smack into the cubical wall.

MADE
12-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Hopefully everyone is ok. Two members of my family worked for West Co but changed jobs for various reasons. Maybe about a year later they had a big chemical explosion that killed a few people and injuried alot more. Which affected the whole town,generally at least 2 generations of families work at places like this.

SiI40sx
12-29-2007, 01:29 PM
As fucked up as it is about what happened, you guys posting video and then cedric did not HELP. I was BUSTIN UP. On the surveillance videos I just started watching each room and when I saw that room filled with a bunch of stuff I was like "oh that room is gonna get fucked up" and sure enough...... Funniest non-comical thread ever.