PDA

View Full Version : Hate junk mail? FIGHT BACK

PhilVia
12-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I got this e-mail this morning .... lol
You know those obnoxious "refinance your home" or scam credit card offers that you get in the mail? The ones that have alllll that personal information that you can't throw away because someone will steal your identity? Or the ones that make you accidently throw away important mail?
Well, I've seen plenty of people who think its cute to mail their junk mail back to the companies in postage-paid envelopes. But that's not very effective. I mean...with bulk rate, they pay just over 20 cents for every ounce they receive. A pittiful amount when you consider it'd take hundreds of these letters to offset one person signing up for whatever service they're selling. I see all these people say "come on guys, if enough of us mail them back they'll stop!" which to me sounds like a knitting circle patting themselves on the back for doing a good deed. So what I'm trying to say is, stop being a pussy.
Find a shoebox, or a storage bin, or any cardboard box you have laying around. Fill it up with bricks, big blocks of iron, or maybe cement. Tape the box up with everyday packaging tape. Use a junkmail's postage-paid envelope and tape it neatly to the top cover of the box. NEATLY. And mail it off.
This is what I call a "sustainable solution." I no longer spend my time writing back saying "please take me off your mailing list." Instead, I say "Please send me more of your crap, so I can mail you a car that I compressed in the junk yard."
Do not, and I really mean do NOT create your own "paid postage" card, mail hazardus materials, or mail anything dangerous. That's bad news bears.
All of this has the following results:
-Saving trees. If they stop mailing you junk mail, it will save trees and keep the landfills empty! Yay!
-This lightens the load that taxpayers have to pay because spamers, scammers, and junk mailers foot the bill!
-Maybe if we do this enough, the USPS will make so much money, that they can lower the cost of postage.
- Creating employment opportunities. The post office keeps cutting staff because of lack of buisness; this gives the post office a huge source of income from the credit card scam companies.
-Preventing obnoxious junk mail. Maybe these junk mailers simply don't know they are annoying people? If that's the case, they will learn very quickly, I hope!
-This makes me laugh uncontrollably!
-Saving trees. If they stop mailing you junk mail, it will save trees and keep the landfills empty! Yay!
-Maybe someone will click the yahoo ads and I'll make like, 10 cents

here the link
http://www.dearbulkmailer.com/

DreamN
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
what's so hard about opening mail and double checking what's bullshit and what's not? shred the bullshit and be done with it.

HyperTek
12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
WANNA STOP JUNK MAIL?? Stop filling out forms/crap/putting your name into sweepstakes/contests yadda yadda yadda.. dont subscribe to magazines, or fill out forms for stuff on the net.. yadda yadda

if you need to fill out stuff.. start using names like "Mr Spam Mail" and you will see what actually comes under those names.. hahah but its true..

BustedS13
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
here's my method. i find it fun.

1. open junk mail, extract business reply envelope. repeat for one month
2. shred rest of junk mail (offer, forms, original envelope, etc
3. stuff business reply envelopes with shreds from shredder bin
4. put a return address sticker on each one (i get these in my junk mail anyway, so it's all free)
5. mail 'em

costs the company money, probably pisses off whatever poor bastard has to open those, and it's free.

Andrew Bohan
12-29-2007, 01:56 AM
i collect the pizza coupons the various places leave on my doorknob, then every now and then take them back to the pizza places and leave them on their doorknob

ALTRNTV
12-29-2007, 02:56 AM
My mom had a rubber stamp made that said "RETURN TO SENDER." Her junkmail has drastically been reduced.

98s14inaz
12-29-2007, 09:34 AM
That's awesome. At the very least it makes you feel better sticking it to them.

fliprayzin240sx
12-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Ill take a shiet in a shoe box and mail it to them. Do I just take the envelope and tape it on top of the box?!?!

murda-c
12-29-2007, 08:43 PM
shiet might get you turned into a sex offender or a terrorist depending on who's prosecuting.

fliprayzin240sx
12-29-2007, 08:51 PM
If I have to take their shiet, why cant they take mine?