PDA

View Full Version : If you're a DJ. Check This.

tunerzimage
12-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey guys, just curious to see who all here is a DJ. Post up your setups, top 5 picks for 2007, what style of music you spin, a pic or 2, and link to your page if you have any mixes/music.

Ill start it off

Name: DJ BC
Setup: (2) Technics SL1200 MK5's, Pioneer DJM-700, Technics Headphones, Ortofon DJ Qbert Needles
Spins: Electronica, Trance, Other

Top Picks for 2007:

1. Deadmau5 - Complications
2. Moonbeam - See The Difference Inside (Inside Mix)
3. The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides In The Deep
4. Justice - Phantom
5. SMD - Hustler

http://a761.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/68/l_d782deb2c1a43958743559b5bcedeed0.jpg

www.myspace.com/djbrandocommando (http://www.zilvia.net/f/www.myspace.com/djbrandocommando)

k's_silvia2.0
12-28-2007, 01:24 PM
HAHA ima get you to dj one my house partys:D
PM me with price.

tunerzimage
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Sounds good. lll shoot ya a PM.

Helghast
12-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Deadmau5 @ TAO!!

Can't wait.

this is the only reason why this overpriced, overcrowded rave will be worth it.

Antihero983
12-29-2007, 12:54 AM
i miss my turntables :cry:

CAPTAINNEO
12-29-2007, 01:23 AM
name: i think you gotta book gigs to have a 'dj name'

setup: x2 Technics 1200 mk2's, x1 Vestax PMC-05, Sony MDR V600's, Cartridges: dont remember what i have...

spins: old school hip hop...early 90's in particular.

2007 picks: didnt like a whole lot this past year in music...actually, havent liked a whole lot of music the past few years...

HalveBlue
12-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Bedroom DJ's FTW!

I haven't spun at an event other than the odd house party, or two.

Currently, my Tech's are sitting in storage along with my vinyl collection. :(

Anyway...

NAME: HalveBlue
SETUP: 2x Technics M3D's, some shitty mixer, Sony MDR V-700 headphones, Shure Whitelabels, a pair of Klipsch floor standing speakers, and cinder blocks :rawk:
STYLE: Trance (various sub genres)

Top Picks of 2007: None. Trance has been in the shitter since at least 2003, and probably earlier.

But I did just score a mint vinyl copy of Stage One - Space Manoeuvres (Orkidea Mix). :bigok:

hotlavaflow
12-29-2007, 01:46 AM
DJ Name: Fuji aka the hotlavaflow

Setup: Studio. But for the portable I rock Techniques 1210's, Denon CD mixer (hardly ever use), Denon mixer, Ortofon or Stanton cartridges, Audio-technica headphones

Spins: Reggae, Hip-Hop

Top Picks (not in order):
1. International Players Anthem - UGK ft. Outkast
2. Alicia Keys - No One
3. Freaky Girl Remix - Gucci Mane ft. Ludacris
4. Good Life - Kanye West ft. T-Pain
5. Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie ft. UGK & Foxx
I spent a lot of time working down south this year

Matej
12-29-2007, 02:47 AM
I used to dabble a little, now I just mess around with audio software every now and then.

Still one of my favorite tracks, Birdy Nam Nam - Abesses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYMC6atRoE

tunerzimage
12-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Wow! Awesome guys! Nice to see a lot of people are using the technics!

HalveBlue (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=23559): what kinda trance you refer to? i think there have been some amazing releases this year.

Frosty_spl
12-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Technics 1200s
Ortofon nightclub cartriges
Vestax 05 pro mixer
2 denon CD players
Crown amp
Cerwin Vega PA speakers
DJ stand (mini bar) thing I got at the grocery store for 75 bucks.

Ive been spinning for 10 years. Just for fun though.

Im diggin the new Kid Sister stuff, A-Trak, and also the baltimore hiphop scene.

CAPTAINNEO
12-29-2007, 12:37 PM
just out of curiousity...any of you guys running serato or torq or any of those computer mp3 integration type programs? just recently started considering it, not for help beat matching, but to use a bunch of my mp3's.

there are so many programs out there now, not sure what i need...being i dont do clubs or anything, dont know if it's necessary to spend the $500 on serato.

HalveBlue
12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
HalveBlue (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=23559): what kinda trance you refer to? i think there have been some amazing releases this year.

Really, I couldn't even tell you. I try to listen to the new release catalog from Chemical Records at least once a week and I haven't been impressed.

Inevitably, when I do find something I like it's either a re-release of an older track or something that's been sitting on the shelf for a few years.

I don't know, I guess I'm just not feeling the omnipresent Fruity Loops productions that are floating around everywhere these days.

tunerzimage
12-29-2007, 02:47 PM
just out of curiousity...any of you guys running serato or torq or any of those computer mp3 integration type programs? just recently started considering it, not for help beat matching, but to use a bunch of my mp3's.

there are so many programs out there now, not sure what i need...being i dont do clubs or anything, dont know if it's necessary to spend the $500 on serato.

Ive seen serato in action and it looks awesome, were seriously considering it, but just see it as setting us farther away from CDJ-1000 MK3's. T_T Were trying to get those by next year.

Technics 1200s
Ortofon nightclub cartriges
Vestax 05 pro mixer
2 denon CD players
Crown amp
Cerwin Vega PA speakers
DJ stand (mini bar) thing I got at the grocery store for 75 bucks.

Ive been spinning for 10 years. Just for fun though.

Im diggin the new Kid Sister stuff, A-Trak, and also the baltimore hiphop scene.

Awesome! Sounds good. Nice equip.

Really, I couldn't even tell you. I try to listen to the new release catalog from Chemical Records at least once a week and I haven't been impressed.

Inevitably, when I do find something I like it's either a re-release of an older track or something that's been sitting on the shelf for a few years.

I don't know, I guess I'm just not feeling the omnipresent Fruity Loops productions that are floating around everywhere these days.

Maybe i point you in the right direction then, artists who use Logic, ProTools and Reason, not Fruity loops crap haha.

Heres a few artists to check out. If you haven't heard them already.

Paul Van Dyk - In between (2007)
Armin Van Burren - A State Of Trance 2007
Deadmau5
Blackhole Recordings
Armada Records

Just to name a few top artists, albums and labels. Enjoy!

S13E
12-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Name: Devious
Setup: (Mobile) 2 Technics 1200/1210 MK2/3D, Rane TTM-57, Ortofon Concorde Qbert or Shure SC35C, Sony MDR-700, Apple iBook G4, M-Audio Trigger Finger, Pair of Mackie SRM-450 and a Mackie Sub, Martin MX-1 Lights

Setup: (Club) Ortonfon Concorde Qbert, Shure SC35C (backup), Stanton 500AL-II (emergency), Serato SL-1 Box, Apple iBook G4, Shure Bag full of updated vinyl and comps (in case laptop crashes), technics slipmats, Sony MDR-700 Headphones. Usually bring 1 Technics 1200 in a road-ready case (if you've DJ'ed in most of the SF clubs... or any club, you know what I mean) that stays in the trunk just in case....

Spins: Hip Hop, Hip Pop/Top40, Mash-ups, Underground, Old Skool, House, Trance, DnB

Top Picks for 2007: Can't really pick anything for 07... its all garbage (i.e = YOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!) 90-96 was where it was at....

CAPTAINNEO
12-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Top Picks for 2007: Can't really pick anything for 07... its all garbage (i.e = YOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!) 90-96 was where it was at....

WERD.

90 to 96 IS where it's at.

i guess im stuck in the 90's (at least as far as music...)

S13E
12-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Right now, Rane/Serato Scratch Live is like what the Technics 1200 is to turntables and the Pioneer CDJ-1000 is to CDJ's. It is the industry standard in terms of Vinyl Emulation... some could argue about that but let's not get into that. Rane/Serato is a little bit behind, we have just got introduced to be able to control, mix, and scratch video format while Virtual DJ has had that capability already. On the flip side... they do extensive testing and beta testing on all sorts of Pc/Laptop setups as well on G4/G5/Intel Macs. The end product is Very stable on Macs and PCs. $500 bucks might seem like alot but for you vinyl cats.... what is that? like 50 vinyl records or less.... and buying double copies sometimes... I've been spinning for tab bit over 10 years and I say this is the best thing to ever come out for the turntable user.

HalveBlue
12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Maybe i point you in the right direction then, artists who use Logic, ProTools and Reason, not Fruity loops crap haha.

Deadmau5
Blackhole Recordings
Armada Records

Just to name a few top artists, albums and labels. Enjoy!

Thanks for the reco's, but unfortunately that's exactly the kind of stuff that's precipitated Trance's slide into the abyss.

Don't get me wrong PvD, is one of the most important dj's/producers inthe trance scene. I just wish he'd produce more tracks like Forbidden Fruit and For an Angel than the shlock he's releasing these days (Time of Our Lives *yawn*).

Hell, half the stuff that Deadmau5 releases isn't even Trance, it's Progressive/Electro House. Which isn't necessarily wrong, but they're two different genres. And that perfectly illustrates my point: Trance has lost it's way.

I want producers to go back to using 303's, 808's, and 909's. I want songs that keep me up and dancing, not put me to sleep and bore me to tears. There's no more energy in Trance. No more euphoria. No more trance.

Give me tracks like Atlantis - Fiji, Signum - Cura Me (Katana Mix), Transa - Supernova, Olmec Heads - Lift Off, Kaycee - Millenium Strings, BT - Flaming June.

Trance is supposed be rave music. Music where thousands of people dance their ass off. Nowadays it's turned into two-bit lounge music that you chill out to.

The only spectrum of Trance that's been remotely interesting and fun has been Hard Trance and Hardstyle.

/RANT

Antihero983
12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
^^BT FTW.

the track BT and Tiesto did awhile back...(love will come again?) was fucking amazing, but then again, im also a huge tiesto fan.

i wish i could keep track of all the different genres and sub genres and shit in techno, but after ahile im usually like fuck it. lol

when i had my turntables (which were technics, with a technics mixer, nothing special, i assure you) i used to spin alot of lasgo, tiesto, Ian Van Dahl, felix da housecat etc.....
a couple years back my friend got me into iiO and a bunch of other shit that i forget the name of.

however, one of my favorite records was the Kill Bill 1 soundtrack. it was so damned hard to find, and i still have it even though i sold my tables ages ago (to pay for car parts)

::edit:: the afore mentioned friend also got me listening to alot of Milk INC and Sylver. and that cover they did live of "insomnia" with lasgo was awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJXAJbznYM

HyperTek
12-30-2007, 11:56 AM
NAME: Tek
unfortinutly i dont have any dj equipment.. im more into creatin my own shit
didnt have much money to fund stuff but i sold my amg rims on my benz to purchase stuff..
http://a424.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_b64833882cd20f9a6dabed90a19c4c87.jpg
Akai mpd24, midi keyboard, compressor mic and pre amp.. all my stuff is budget equip but run it thru my computer, software fl studio, acid, albeton , pro tools etc.. 90's hiphop /underground type sound shouldnt be hard to make from ur home.. hell alot of new shit today sounds like it was homemade with piss poor vocal recording... but I aint tryin to blow up on producin/making beats, just need to get by to make some demos or some myspace songs haha.. im just freaking lazy about getting things done, so i havent really made anything yet..

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/
this forum is great by the way, learned alot.

Frosty_spl
12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I just realized i have a Deadmau5 daft punk stronger remix which is DDDOOOPPPEEEE!!!!! I gotta check out more of their stuff.

ThatGuy
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Name: DJ BC
Setup: (2) Technics SL1200 MK5's, Pioneer DJM-700, Technics Headphones, Ortofon DJ Qbert Needles
Spins: Electronica, Trance, Other

So, why didn't I get a Demo CD with my Radiator? :naughty:

tunerzimage
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
So, why didn't I get a Demo CD with my Radiator? :naughty:

Haha, if you like i can send one out to you! or i can send mp3. lmk what you want !

HalveBlue - True, deadmau5 is more electro/progressive/house etc. I was just naming a few hot artists for 07. DAM, deadmau5 rocked the house at TAO!!

go to www.arminvanburren.com
click on ASOT radio. Listen to and check out playlists from all of 07. Armin showcases MANY amazing trance artists new release on all of his weekly mixes. You wont be dissappointed!

But i feel what you're saying about stuff from the 90's, Trance anthems, old skool rave songs haha. i love hardstyle and hard house, now that is stuff to make you dance!

PRADOgy
01-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Soon to come..

HARDSTYLE,HARD TRANCE/HOUSE

If i have enough patience.. once my income tax is in going cdj800's and whatever mixer i can afford lol

but Prodigy FX are in the works right now

PRADOgy
01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
just out of curiousity...any of you guys running serato or torq or any of those computer mp3 integration type programs?

iv used serato, I was not dissapointed and not only was i happy not to dig and keep records clean.. but i happend to memorize much more songs since i had to keep looking for em..

oh i also figured out how badly i needed glasses lol!

Bobafreak
01-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I used to play but im no bedroom dj! lol
Name: DJ Daze (played for frequent clubs/raves in Los angeles. Ams,tyco prod, addicted events,Also 1w1d)
Setup: (2) stanton st100, Headphones, Sonymdrv700, Behringer DJX700, Ortofon OM Elektro cartrideges
Spins: Hhc, gabber, Trance, hardhouse, dutchcore, nrg, hardstyle...
I still have my vinyls in the closet.

Top Picks for 2007 not really all of my favorite.
Matt Darey-last time
John O Callaghan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky
tsunami-space man << all time favorite
Above & Beyond - Home (Stoneface & Terminal remix)
Arrival & Fonar - Kazantip (Sean Tyas remix)
The Blizzard vs. Kirsty Hawkshaw meets Tenishia - Reasons to Forgive Kalopsia (The Blizzard Club Mash up)
Vadim Soloviev feat. Marcie - Stay With Me (Genix Remix)

Helghast
01-02-2008, 06:05 PM
deadmau5 rocked the house at TAO!!

Too bad the power died more than one time.

WHAT?!

After the second time, I bounced and went to the DnB room.

Shitty main rooom was shiiiiiiitttttyyyyyyy.

Bobafreak
01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the reco's, but unfortunately that's exactly the kind of stuff that's precipitated Trance's slide into the abyss.

Don't get me wrong PvD, is one of the most important dj's/producers inthe trance scene. I just wish he'd produce more tracks like Forbidden Fruit and For an Angel than the shlock he's releasing these days (Time of Our Lives *yawn*).

Hell, half the stuff that Deadmau5 releases isn't even Trance, it's Progressive/Electro House. Which isn't necessarily wrong, but they're two different genres. And that perfectly illustrates my point: Trance has lost it's way.

I want producers to go back to using 303's, 808's, and 909's. I want songs that keep me up and dancing, not put me to sleep and bore me to tears. There's no more energy in Trance. No more euphoria. No more trance.

Give me tracks like Atlantis - Fiji, Signum - Cura Me (Katana Mix), Transa - Supernova, Olmec Heads - Lift Off, Kaycee - Millenium Strings, BT - Flaming June.

Trance is supposed be rave music. Music where thousands of people dance their ass off. Nowadays it's turned into two-bit lounge music that you chill out to.

The only spectrum of Trance that's been remotely interesting and fun has been Hard Trance and Hardstyle.

/RANT

wow if you could not be more dead on with what you said lol. I love the labels buts its everything everyone is playing and there is soooooo much out there. I love how armin does play the new artist and singles of the week which make the money im paying to for asot well worth it. If you want to check some good stuff look under tsunami...well wait depends on what you like.

Im not gonna turn into ravegod5000 and go apeshit like i did before but i notice music genres have changed from time to time at underground raves. It used to be about hardhouse now its hardstyle while contempt clubs still play house/electro pop during beginning sets and trance after hours to bring the crowd up and closing sets.When i went to see corsten at the queen mary i was expecting some good progressive trance though his new cds arent like that...i was again very disappointed. Other good artist i say check out are blank and jones they throw very good sets and always never disappointed. paul van dyk......ehhh lost his style and went into that mellow shit lol example in between. i was very disappointed when i heard that just like i was dissapointed hearing blank and joned relax cd. One of my favorites which was descent was poilitics of dancing the first middle of disc one and the last of the 2nd cd which included some classics. Blank and jones would be in the mix vol 2 and 3. Alot of anthems on that cd which brought the good of trance.

i can go on and on with the mainstream but theres just so much out there to explore besides avb, bt, tiesto, p.o, sasha, digweed, etc etc.

artist i remember back in the day....brooklyn bounce, tinrib, taucher, irene, acousta, above and beyond,system f, geesshhh how can i forget matt darey even his music went soft.sighh,sunburst,cosmic gate, picotto, alphazone. days partying at the fox....yeah watchu know about that?

miucus
01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
spin: house/trance/elect/etc, hiphop/top40
setup: (2) technics 1200 mk2s
pioneer djm-600
mpc-1000
serato
heres a crappy camera pic of my setup
http://i4.tinypic.com/7whke4x.jpg

deadmau5 was awesome at tao

Shaminii
01-03-2008, 02:37 AM

:ugh:

I used to love PvD and AvB but they've gotten way too commercial. Those two mixes/albums are a prime example. I think the best EDM album this year is "Sunlounger - Another Day In The Terrace".

I'm surprised of the amount of EDM heads here. Check out my mix:

L'etoile Qui Brille
01. Kalafut, Fygle - Novocaine (Mark Otten Remix)
02. Signalrunners - Don't Look Back
03. Mark Norman - Niagara
04. The Blizzard - Kalopsia (Mark Otten Energetic Remix)
05. Summer Sesssions - Summer Sessions feat. Tiff Lacey - By My Side
06. Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix)
07. Adam Nickey - Gone (Above & Beyond Respray)
08. Above & Beyond - Oceanic
09. Breakfast - The Horizon
10. Evbointh - One Wish (Daniel Kandi and Mark Andrez Remix)
11. John O'Callaghan Pres. Mannix - Dream On
12. Kyau & Albert - Made of Sun (KvA Hard Dub)

http://www.hypnotikspeed.com/music/davidhoang/Letoile%20Qui%20Brille.mp3

I have more at http://www.myspace.com/davidhoang1

tunerzimage
01-03-2008, 03:44 AM
:ugh:

I used to love PvD and AvB but they've gotten way too commercial. Those two mixes/albums are a prime example. I think the best EDM album this year is "Sunlounger - Another Day In The Terrace".

I'm surprised of the amount of EDM heads here. Check out my mix:

L'etoile Qui Brille
01. Kalafut, Fygle - Novocaine (Mark Otten Remix)
02. Signalrunners - Don't Look Back
03. Mark Norman - Niagara
04. The Blizzard - Kalopsia (Mark Otten Energetic Remix)
05. Summer Sesssions - Summer Sessions feat. Tiff Lacey - By My Side
06. Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix)
07. Adam Nickey - Gone (Above & Beyond Respray)
08. Above & Beyond - Oceanic
09. Breakfast - The Horizon
10. Evbointh - One Wish (Daniel Kandi and Mark Andrez Remix)
11. John O'Callaghan Pres. Mannix - Dream On
12. Kyau & Albert - Made of Sun (KvA Hard Dub)

http://www.hypnotikspeed.com/music/davidhoang/Letoile%20Qui%20Brille.mp3

I have more at http://www.myspace.com/davidhoang1

Wow. amazing. ill have to find where to upload my mix. but here is my track list.!

1. Body Rox Ft. Luciana - Yeah Yeah (D. Ramirez Vocal Club Mix)
2. Chris Lake - Carry Me Away (Micky Slim & Funkagenda's Spank'd Mix)
3. Weekend World - The Word
4. Yoshimoto - Du What U Du (Trentmoller Remix)
5. Gabriel & Dresden - Tracking Treasure Down
6. Shiny Toy Guns - You Are The One (Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix)
7. Jennifer Rene - Wouldn't Change A Thing
8. Albert Vorne - Formentera What
9. Markus Schulz - Fly To Colors (Signalrunners Remix)
10. Paul Van Dyk - Another Sunday
11. Paul Van Dyk - Crush (PVD Remix)
12. Talla 2XLC - No Inbetween (John O'Callagn Remix)
13. The Blizzard - Kalopsia
14. Michael Dow - Ascent
15. Lost Witness vs. Sassot - Whatever (Aly & Fila Remix)
16. Absolute - Up In the Air
17. Purple Mood - One Night In Tokyo (DJ Shah's Savanna Remix)

Bobafreak
01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
i have a hardhouse mix available if anyone can host it. This is about a yr old i forgot to take the sound off a few times on this mix maybe about 3 times in total. youll hear a windows sound. other than that still a good mix.

Shaminii
01-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Try hosting on megaupload, sendspace, rapidshare, etc.

jdm538
01-04-2008, 02:56 AM
i used to have a set of gemini's dj in a box. i sent a mix to dj qbert and he said to throw away my lego turn tables and quit.. so i did. =(

miucus
01-04-2008, 03:34 AM
nice mix shaminii

Bobafreak
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Its uploaded! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8XZ3WNX

tunerzimage
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Its uploaded! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8XZ3WNX

I lovin it ! Man i wish i had enough hard dance records to make a mix like this!

Here is my mix. Ill get the tracklist up in a bit.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ANNXC2KN

1) James Holden - A break In the clouds
2) Itamar Sagi- Blonda
3) John Digweed - Gridlock
4) Pryda - Madderferrys
5) Funkagenda - Ding Dong
6) Pryda - RYMD
7) Funkagenda - San Francisco (Dave Spoon's Default Dub)
8) Claude Von Stroke - The Whistler (Aston Shuffle Remix)
9) Chris Lake Ft. Emma Hewitt - Carry Me Away (Aston Shuffle Remix)
10) Chris Lake Ft. Deadmau5 - I Thought Inside Out
11) Yoshimoto - I want yu 2 hear me (Rob Le Pitch Remix)
12) Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler
13) Ferry Corsten - Wheels In Motion
14) Marcel Woods – Don’t Tar Me With The Same Brush (Original Mix)

DJ BC - Mix 2

http://a533.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_695184aa3a61bfc14b5a3abbaf24658c.jpg

ThatGuy
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Bobafreak, what do I need to open your file? Windows Media is clueless. (surprise surprise)

Edit: It opened in WinAmp, but then I can't burn it to a CD for listening pleasure in the S13.

Bobafreak
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
You need winrar then from there its cake. For those who wanna skip the mumbo jumbo and go straight to the fast hardhouse go to 39:00min of the song. i tried to break it into a progressive mix. Im trying to do mixes once again and i may be doing a 2x4 set with another dj in my area in about 2 weeks hopefully.

Edgar
01-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Ive done a little of this. I spin weird ass shit like the Knife etc.

I sold my old tables about 2 years ago, now I just use my PC and Traktor.
Yes, I am lame. Looking to get back into it but ahhhh just another hobby I cant afford and plus I rather just spend my money on booze.

delphis
01-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Dj Name is screen name.

Played out in Az back in the 2000-02 era
Moved to the Bay Area Been playing out here but focusing more on production than djing but recently have been doing more djing.
I Manage Skills DJ Workshop in berkeley and Dyloot of Deep Voices owns it. I am playing a Skills Show on Feb 16th opening up for Andy Moor, Kyua vs Albert and Thrill Seekers. Working on being the opening act for ETD POP in May 24th with some HUGE talent lined up for that one.

DJ Gear:
1 Technic 1200 mk2
2 cd1000 mk1
2 cdj200
Rane EMpath mp44
Allen and Heath xone 62
2 Mackie srm450
2 M-Audio Monitors (new kind don't remember model)
SOny MDR V900
Technics 1220 Headphones
Shure White Label Cartridge

I spin and produce trance.

http://www.sheddmedia.com/delphis/delphis-compressionfactor.mp3

http://www.sheddmedia.com/delphis/delphis-mindsi.mp3

Hard techy with some element of uplifting, but mostly hard and techy stuff.

tunerzimage
01-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Dj Name is screen name.

Played out in Az back in the 2000-02 era
Moved to the Bay Area Been playing out here but focusing more on production than djing but recently have been doing more djing.
I Manage Skills DJ Workshop in berkeley and Dyloot of Deep Voices owns it. I am playing a Skills Show on Feb 16th opening up for Andy Moor, Kyua vs Albert and Thrill Seekers. Working on being the opening act for ETD POP in May 24th with some HUGE talent lined up for that one.

DJ Gear:
1 Technic 1200 mk2
2 cd1000 mk1
2 cdj200
Rane EMpath mp44
Allen and Heath xone 62
2 Mackie srm450
2 M-Audio Monitors (new kind don't remember model)
SOny MDR V900
Technics 1220 Headphones
Shure White Label Cartridge

I spin and produce trance.

http://www.sheddmedia.com/delphis/delphis-compressionfactor.mp3

http://www.sheddmedia.com/delphis/delphis-mindsi.mp3

Hard techy with some element of uplifting, but mostly hard and techy stuff.

Awesome! Ive seen Dyloot play down here in so cal. Ill check out your stuff, GL with the shows!

Helghast
01-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Dyloot use to do undergrounds down here.
Mars too.

Too bad none of those cats show up, and all we get is Thee-o this Thee-o that.

baaaaaaaaaah.

CAPTAINNEO
01-07-2008, 01:44 AM
F'in A. Thee-O has been around since my 'party' days...talking masterdome, the batcave, insomnia, etc.

Bobafreak
01-07-2008, 10:45 AM
thee-o is garbage. Im tired of hearing stuff about theo and his one vinyl scratchin ass. serious its always that one white vinyl. everyone on biohazard=garbage. He needs to retire. seriously. Stop taking flyer space.

Mars and mystre still play sometimes at frequency partys. Not together of course but everynow and then you can catch them at a underground party or somewhere in the la area.

tunerzimage
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
lol, yeah thee-o does play everywhere.....im gettin tired of it, we need some new hot DJ's around here!!

01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Anyone here House DJ's?

I am not a DJ, just curious if there any of you who do it for a living.

www.beatport.com (http://www.beatport.com) ftw
great for new non mainstream releases.

Bobafreak
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
House djs are rare at raves they can be found in clubs. As far as fresh new dj talent besides theo....itll never happen because everyone is playing the same style and not becoming original. Notice how there are very few djs who do come up but dont last long. Maybe its due to the cost of vinyls or there skill lol. Either or thee-o will be there to rock your socks. hahaha

www.bassdrive.com (http://www.bassdrive.com)
for all the baseheads!

01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
House djs are rare at raves they can be found in clubs. As far as fresh new dj talent besides theo....itll never happen because everyone is playing the same style and not becoming original. Notice how there are very few djs who do come up but dont last long. Maybe its due to the cost of vinyls or there skill lol. Either or thee-o will be there to rock your socks. hahaha

www.bassdrive.com (http://www.bassdrive.com)
for all the baseheads!

I was referring to resident DJs at clubs/bars... not really raves.

Bobafreak
01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Like i said they can be found at clubs all across Los angeles even at sushi bars. lol
Really i think its hard making a living of djing. Its very time consuming, Cost money. You have to build yourself up and pretty much cover alot of shows and have hookups to start getting the money rolled in. But you get more recognition when you step out the dj part and start producing.

01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Like i said they can be found at clubs all across Los angeles even at sushi bars. lol

I work at Dolce Ultra Lounge here in Dallas (Exclusive nightclub/bar) and 90% of the music is house. Places like Dolce here in Dallas also strictly play house with occasionally throwing a random hiphop song here and there.
www.dolcethelounge.com

When I went and visited LA with my girlfriend over thanksgiving, I went to a lot of places that were similar to where I work but it was ALL hiphop. When I asked the locals there they all said that I should expect to hear hiphop everywhere. I wasn't disappointed, just didn't realize hiphop would be so prevalent in upscale lounges. Its funny that you mentioned House in sushi bars haha... b/c those were the only places I heard it.

Teknolust72
01-07-2008, 01:53 PM
thee-o is garbage. Im tired of hearing stuff about theo and his one vinyl scratchin ass. serious its always that one white vinyl. everyone on biohazard=garbage. He needs to retire. seriously. Stop taking flyer space.

Mars and mystre still play sometimes at frequency partys. Not together of course but everynow and then you can catch them at a underground party or somewhere in the la area.

Someone told me that Mars and Mystre are having a reunion party.....I dont have any more details yet....I think on Feb 29....

Bobafreak
01-07-2008, 02:02 PM
I work at Dolce Ultra Lounge here in Dallas (Exclusive nightclub/bar) and 90% of the music is house. Places like Dolce here in Dallas also strictly play house with occasionally throwing a random hiphop song here and there.
www.dolcethelounge.com (http://www.dolcethelounge.com)

When I went and visited LA with my girlfriend over thanksgiving, I went to a lot of places that were similar to where I work but it was ALL hiphop. When I asked the locals there they all said that I should expect to hear hiphop everywhere. I wasn't disappointed, just didn't realize hiphop would be so prevalent in upscale lounges. Its funny that you mentioned House in sushi bars haha... b/c those were the only places I heard it.

Im sorry your visit wasn't that great in la music wise. lol. But if you wanna hear house i would suggest the vanguard from the hours of 9pm to hmmm 1ish 2ish they play house and then some upbeat progressive trance or whatever that artist delivers. So far there lineups have been house artist. I really don't listen to allot of house but i can guarantee you if you go to that club you wont be disappointed. Crowds are very good as well. Also try club red. They play trance but also there the same way, house first then some progressive towards the end. Admission varies if its a local or a international dj.

Bobafreak
01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Someone told me that Mars and Mystre are having a reunion party.....I dont have any more details yet....I think on Feb 29....
That be sick well you can see any updates from mars here www.myspace.com/djmars or maybe the website. www.frequency8.com

01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Im sorry your visit wasn't that great in la music wise. lol. But if you wanna hear house i would suggest the vanguard from the hours of 9pm to hmmm 1ish 2ish they play house and then some upbeat progressive trance or whatever that artist delivers. So far there lineups have been house artist. I really don't listen to allot of house but i can guarantee you if you go to that club you wont be disappointed. Crowds are very good as well. Also try club red. They play trance but also there the same way, house first then some progressive towards the end. Admission varies if its a local or a international dj.

It was that my visit wasn't great! I had a great time...I just expected something else music wise that's all.

I will be sure to visit again and thanks for your recommendation! +r

Bobafreak
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
It was that my visit wasn't great! I had a great time...I just expected something else music wise that's all.

I will be sure to visit again and thanks for your recommendation! +r
no prob to make it easier ill list it out. www.vanguardla.com (http://www.vanguardla.com), www.nexxez.com (http://www.nexxez.com) . Turns out your in luck vanguard throws a weekly on sunday called "deep" & its strictly house!:faint:

01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
no prob to make it easier ill list it out. www.vanguardla.com (http://www.vanguardla.com), www.nexxez.com (http://www.nexxez.com) . Turns out your in luck vanguard throws a weekly on sunday called "deep" & its strictly house!:faint:

Awesome, I think I'll be out there again soon... ill be sure to check it out. thnx again.

tunerzimage
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I was referring to resident DJs at clubs/bars... not really raves.

Im working on making this dream a reality. ^_^

Also check out , Focus. The best rated House club.

Happens every tuesday, $5 before 10:30pm. Hands down amazing house club, every week!!!!!

www.mindboxmedia.com (http://www.mindboxmedia.com) - Focus.

CAPTAINNEO
01-08-2008, 12:47 AM
That be sick well you can see any updates from mars here www.myspace.com/djmars or maybe the website. www.frequency8.com

Mars and mystere are/were DOPE.

one of the best 2x4 sets ive EVER seen.

Helghast
01-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I miss Bassrush wed. at Vanguard.
DnB is fucking dying.
Sooo bullshit.

Speaking of Vanguard, ATB fucking blew that place up on Saturday.
OhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhman

full house
01-08-2008, 04:31 AM
it sounds good! thought I'm not a Dj I love it!

Bobafreak
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I miss Bassrush wed. at Vanguard.
DnB is fucking dying.
Sooo bullshit.

Speaking of Vanguard, ATB fucking blew that place up on Saturday.
OhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhmanOhman

yeah bassrush did die but......Thats why they have respect thursday son! if you want info hit me up.

tunerzimage
01-08-2008, 12:27 PM
yeah bassrush did die but......Thats why they have respect thursday son! if you want info hit me up.

for sureeee. haven't been to respect in a minute. last time i went i saw the Insiders and Jayvon. Both throw down some sick live sets. jayvon mixes r&b with d&b and even puts some house, tech, electro stuff into the mix. its pretty cool check out their myspaces.

Im prob. going to focus on tuesday next week. its in newport beach near tentation, anyone down?

ZenkiKid
01-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Ive quit doing the house parties and focused full time in battling..

2x Technics 1200s
2x Numark TT500s
2x Shure M44gs
3x Shure M447s
1x Pioneer DJM 707 Mixer

Ive been thinking about picking up serato for development of new material for battles, since im sure you guys know that after a while Vinyl starts to sound bad after constant cueing and stuff.

TiNMAN
01-24-2008, 06:27 PM
cheeckk it out. first track lil snippet! (http://www.myspace.com/urbansoundproductions)

genre: weestcoast

Bobafreak
01-24-2008, 06:32 PM
cheeckk it out. first track lil snippet! (http://www.myspace.com/urbansoundproductions)
umm genre please?

SINxSELEKTAH
01-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Name: Jaysin
Setup: (2) Technics SL1210 MK-II's, Pioneer DJM-600, Sony MDR-V700 Headphones, Ortofon Nightclub Eliptical Stylus Needles, Gemini Amp, Gemini 3way cabinet speakers, Gateway GX7510 laptop, Serato
Spins: Jungle/Drum&Bass, Gabber/Hardkore Techno, Dancehall/Roots/Dub Reggae (no gay shit like Reggaeton), Left-side/Illibeats/Downtempo
DJ since: 1994
Residencies:

949 Swordfighters - 2003-Current
iloveraving.com - 1999-2002
Ibiza Productions: 2000-2001

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/DSC00152.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/DSC00151.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/DSC00150.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/serato.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/untitled.jpg

Quail
01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm seeing Deadmau5 tommorow at Gods Kitchen at Air in Birmingham :D

I used to DJ about 6 years ago now, but I'm starting to get back in to it. I started on Hiphop, then moved on to UK Garage. Now Im playing Old skool 2step UKG and contemporary Electro.

Im doing a private pre-party for Gods Kitchen tommorow. My top 5 tracks for my set are:

Hot Chip vs Ragga Twinz - Oi New York this is London
Bonde do Role - Gasolina (Crookers Remix)
Alex Gopher - The Game (Bloody Beetroots Remix)
Etienne De Crecy - Punk
Etienne De Crecy - Funk (Bloody Beetroots Remix)

Anyway:

Name: Quail
Setup: (2) Currently Pioneer CDJ400, Pioneer DJM400 (Used to spin vinyl on (2) Citronic PD1s)
Spins: Electronica, Electro, Garage, Dubstep

Im hoping to record my set tommorow. Let me know if your interested in my uploading it :)

New Years Eve:

http://photos-435.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v173/181/13/501791435/n501791435_554348_1012.jpg

House Party:

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v120/171/43/513324475/n513324475_101747_5116.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v116/246/76/286001601/n286001601_556764_6773.jpg

s14dude
01-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm seeing Deadmau5 tommorow at Gods Kitchen at Air in Birmingham :D

I used to DJ about 6 years ago now, but I'm starting to get back in to it. I started on Hiphop, then moved on to UK Garage. Now Im playing Old skool 2step UKG and contemporary Electro.

Im doing a private pre-party for Gods Kitchen tommorow. My top 5 tracks for my set are:

Hot Chip vs Ragga Twinz - Oi New York this is London
Bonde do Role - Gasolina (Crookers Remix)
Alex Gopher - The Game (Bloody Beetroots Remix)
Etienne De Crecy - Punk
Etienne De Crecy - Funk (Bloody Beetroots Remix)

Anyway:

Name: Quail
Setup: (2) Currently Pioneer CDJ400, Pioneer DJM400 (Used to spin vinyl on (2) Citronic PD1s)
Spins: Electronica, Electro, Garage, Dubstep

Im hoping to record my set tommorow. Let me know if your interested in my uploading it :)

New Years Eve:

http://photos-435.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v173/181/13/501791435/n501791435_554348_1012.jpg

House Party:

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v120/171/43/513324475/n513324475_101747_5116.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v116/246/76/286001601/n286001601_556764_6773.jpg

Awwweeesome dude!!! deadmau5 is so amazing!! he put on quite a show when he was here in LA! nice setup!

Check out my latest HARD Mix!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32IKOLV9

Helghast
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Air Birmingham?
God's Kitchen?

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I need to go to Europe.
I need to go to Europe.

The one in Melrose, right?
yea, I've been looking at the line-up.
No one worth driving out for, maybe February's Lineup?

Quail
01-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Deadmau5 was awesome. Eric Prydz was on afterwards (he was actually the headliner), but I found him a bit repetative after a while. That may of been because of my level of intoxification (well, lack of!)

A bit of kitchen spinning at a friend's apartment:

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/123/55/274300824/n274300824_572974_5122.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/123/55/274300824/n274300824_572970_4156.jpg

SINxSELEKTAH
01-28-2008, 02:55 PM
a few old fliers i scanned from old raves i played:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/sandstorm.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/Everything.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sinxselektah/Everything1.jpg

s14dude
01-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Kid Icarus!!! i have a vinyl of his.....pretty sick!

Soooo glad you guys enjoyed Deadmau5!!! I wish i could have seen eric prydz! hes so sick! also got quite a few pryda records.

Bobafreak
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
wow. see how old those are...theeo is even on them >_<.

SINxSELEKTAH
01-28-2008, 04:57 PM

indeed :rofl:

s14dude
01-28-2008, 05:26 PM

gosh hes been spinning for so long.......

Helghast
01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Too Loooooong.

hayaimoto
01-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Cool Thread,

I used to spin alot back in the day obtaining residence's here and there. But found out it was barely enough money to pay for my gas at the end of the month and stopped. Now I just spin to release stress or clear my mind.

Dj Name: I would rather be an-announced. (because of alot of expectations previously) But they don't pay my bills so had to switch to dj'in for fun!

Equipment:
-Tables: Technics MK2-5
-Mixers: Vestax 05-06-07 Rane TTM-52-54-56 Pioneer DJM Series
-Cartridges: Sure MK44's-Ortofon Nightclubs

Music:
-Hip Hop: Commercial only (it pays money atleast) / Scratch routines with all sorts of breaks
-Trance: Hard, Mainstream, Epic (not the lame ass dj)
-House: UK, Hard, Bangin'
-Etc: 80's-New Wave-U.K. Garage

Pics:
http://a921.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_aaaad0216a93e344cd0c18eccc0e4d70.jpg
My Lounge...there's actually 2 12'inch subs under the tables.

http://a899.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_29575b5b2191f7be31335f295c8bca5a.jpg
*Notice my Shoe x11 helmet and a M16 30 Round Clip. All apart of my lounge

http://a70.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_74d7b51948dbd9e6bc6d02a8eb6d81f5.jpg
The most basic and clean set up. (I keep my wires all ziptied behind the mixer)

http://a498.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_10457419e199843aab7140f568e92a81.jpg
My Other setup. First pair of MKII's ever bought with my PMC07
http://a74.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/38/l_f704ec80f50228b175b76140a3a75981.jpg
My old bedroom setup.

Anyways Keep On Spinin' Zilvia!

Gnnr
01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Wow, sweet place!

Got this flyer yesterday, me and my friends might check it out this year

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gambit25/ultra1.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gambit25/ultra2.jpg

SINxSELEKTAH
01-30-2008, 10:23 AM
^^ bad ass Drum&Bass line-up....even for a teaser flier

TiNMAN
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Pics:
http://a921.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_aaaad0216a93e344cd0c18eccc0e4d70.jpg
My Lounge...there's actually 2 12'inch subs under the tables.

http://a899.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_29575b5b2191f7be31335f295c8bca5a.jpg
*Notice my Shoe x11 helmet and a M16 30 Round Clip. All apart of my lounge

http://a70.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_74d7b51948dbd9e6bc6d02a8eb6d81f5.jpg
The most basic and clean set up. (I keep my wires all ziptied behind the mixer)

http://a498.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_10457419e199843aab7140f568e92a81.jpg
My Other setup. First pair of MKII's ever bought with my PMC07
http://a74.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/38/l_f704ec80f50228b175b76140a3a75981.jpg
My old bedroom setup.

Anyways Keep On Spinin' Zilvia!

+1 for bedroom dj's!

edit: dont the subs rumble the tables/needles?

hayaimoto
01-30-2008, 12:31 PM
+1 for bedroom dj's!

Thanks Tinman, the subs are actually sitting on a elevated cushioned stand, that does not make contact with the table legs. No problems what so ever but then again I don't try to take down the neighborhood with sounds!

SINxSELEKTAH
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
+1 for bedroom dj's!

not at all, unless your sub sits on the table along with your decks

CAPTAINNEO
01-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow, sweet place!

Got this flyer yesterday, me and my friends might check it out this year

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gambit25/ultra1.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gambit25/ultra2.jpg

rabbit in the moon. damn. good times. i remember them at some party (nocturnal wonderland?) way back in the day...

they gotta be up there as far as the trippiest stage shows ive ever seen. them and blue man group.

SINxSELEKTAH
01-30-2008, 08:27 PM
rabbit in the moon. damn. good times. i remember them at some party (nocturnal wonderland?) way back in the day...

they gotta be up there as far as the trippiest stage shows ive ever seen. them and blue man group.

i remember seeing them at either EDC or Nocturnal (definitely one of the Insomiac parties). by far one of the best live acts i've seen. blue man group....to "pop'ish" for my taste, but yet another good show. :bigok:

CAPTAINNEO
01-31-2008, 12:20 AM
i remember seeing them at either EDC or Nocturnal (definitely one of the Insomiac parties). by far one of the best live acts i've seen. blue man group....to "pop'ish" for my taste, but yet another good show. :bigok:

yea, im pretty sure it was nocturnal...kinda when the parties started getting 'mainstream'...qbert spun a set on one of the stages, some news station was reporting from outside...i think that was the last 'massive' we went to.

as far as blue man...popish? very. fun for the eyes? yes.

Helghast
01-31-2008, 04:57 AM
It was Nocturnal 06.

That Nocturnal had a rude Line up.
Pendulum B2B with Andy C.
Back when Pendulum was just starting.

Blank & Jones.
Ferry Corsten.
Christopher Lawrence.

DAAAMN.

SINxSELEKTAH
01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
It was Nocturnal 06.

where Rabbit In The Moon played? i was thinking Nocturnal Wonderland 2000 @ some farm land in Hemmet, or Nocturnal Wonderland 2001 @ Empire Polo Fields.
Back when Pendulum was just starting

Pendulum! he would've been the only one i would've gone for. saw Andy C play at Nocturnal 2001. wind was causing the needles to jump that night, so i wasn't all that impressed.

on a side note, if you haven't seen john b play, he's something to put on a list of "must sees"

Helghast
01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I saw John B play at uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Vanguard?

and I saw him at some recent Socal Massive.

He's good, very 80's wave with hard DnB blahblahblah

(I'm sorry, I'm reaaaaaaaaaaly SLEEP)

Bobafreak
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Show Is Gonna Be Crazy

CAPTAINNEO
01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
where Rabbit In The Moon played? i was thinking Nocturnal Wonderland 2000 @ some farm land in Hemmet, or Nocturnal Wonderland 2001 @ Empire Polo Fields.

yea, prolly around 2000. i havent been to a 'party' since. i know it's been a good while. for sure it wasnt the polo fields. it was in BFE, off the 15 between the 909 and san diego somewhere.

Edgar
01-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Ok, I guess I never did contribute to this thread.
I spun at IO in Miami back in the day. A lot of Up Beat House, Old School Hip Hop and some old school Freestyles and other real weird experimental.

http://www.americanmusical.com/images/b/p37190b.jpg

I kept spinning on my own and at parties for friends but somehow lost the love for it and sold my whole set up. My decks were some fagget Pioneer shit and sometimes I would use my buddies G4 with

http://terminatorx.org/pix/screenshot-3.82-1.jpg

I recently made a couple of mixes with some Deep House and some Eric Morillo sounds, could I possibly get into it again like in the past?

Maybe not.

SINxSELEKTAH
01-31-2008, 11:44 PM
yea, prolly around 2000. i havent been to a 'party' since. i know it's been a good while. for sure it wasnt the polo fields. it was in BFE, off the 15 between the 909 and san diego somewhere.

i hear ya on that, i haven't been to a party since 2003-2004. after it's been underground deep house parties till 2005. kinda miss it but i don't. idk, i'd hit up a good D&B party if the line-up was good enough

s14dude
01-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Enjoy New Mixes!

myspace.com/djbrandocommando (www.myspace.com/djbrandocommando)

Shaminii
03-20-2008, 10:22 PM
New mix I made last night. I called it "Do Fucking Jumping Jacks" because about 90% of these tunes feature 1/8 notes, which create a bouncy effect and therefore make you wanna do jumping jacks on the dancefloor. I hope you enjoy.

"Do Fucking Jumping Jacks" by David Hoang
01. Moonbeam - Spring Story
02. Glenn Morrison - Contact
03. Adam K & Soha - Twilight
04. Glenn Morrisson - No Sudden Moves
05. Deadmau5 - Not Exactly
06. Deadmau5 - Complications
07. Fragma - Toca's Miracle (Inpetto Remix)
08. Morgan Page feat. Lissie - The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix)
09. Thomas Schwartz - Jupiter Calling
10. Stone Canyon feat. LDN - Rest Here (Chris Reece Dub)
11. Adam K & Soha - Long Distance
12. Darone - The Time Has Come

You can download it here: http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/58878707/file.html or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M1VSVSB or http://www.hypnotikspeed.com/music/davidhoang/Do%20Fucking%20Jumping%20Jacks.mp3

Helghast
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
SLOW download is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

= (

Host it somewhere else?

Zshare.

speedgod^s13
03-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm not a dj, but what do you guys think of this? I scored a free pair of 1200 mk2's!!!! Some local posted it up on craigslist, saying that it was in his aunty's storage. He just took them, and decided to give them away!!! I'm in the process of getting a mixer, and some speakers, just to mess around with. What kind of needles do you guys suggest? I'm gonna scratch a little, just for fun, but mostly i'm gonna be practicing my beat matching.

KwKouki
03-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Used to spin HEAVILY in 99 *the year of trance* got out of the game unexpectedly in 02. Ran a pair of black 1210s, a rane empath mixer, Shure M35X cartriges, all through a set of bose sprakers!

I want to get back into spinning. Ive REALLY been into electro/house/D&B lately, but im still a trancehead

top picks for 07 are slim, but here are a few of my favorites.
1) Home (Stoneface & Terminal Remix) - Above and Beyond
2) Frozen (Dub Mix) - Dogzilla
3) Good for Me (Above & Beyond Club Mix) - Above & Beyond featuring Zoƫ Johnston
4) Morning Light - Anjunabeats presents Nitrous Oxide
5) Barock - Nick Larson
6) Exactly - O'Callaghan & Kearney * late 06 but meh*

kuramaya
03-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Not a DJ but can add my favorite Jams from this year...Don't do clubs in Japan but when I am TDY in Thailand most of the clubs I go to play trance from midnight to morning...Alt F4 is one of my favorite jams from this year, also Hustler as mentioned by the OP even a ringtone on my phone. Have a CD called "Ajuna Beats" and all those are pretty good tracks. I Like the Nadia Ali remixes of her IIO stuff, her voice is fuckin bad as hell. If anyone can find the track of her singing Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" I will pay money for that shit. Heard it in Thailand the last trip and it's dope.

GabeS14
03-22-2008, 02:00 AM
It was Nocturnal 06.

Back when Pendulum was just starting.

Blank & Jones.
Ferry Corsten.
Christopher Lawrence.

DAAAMN.

Fuck yea that part was great..too hot though...lol..but music was hard all night...
Gonna setup a 240 Massive meet next big massive ...Isn't "EDC" up next?
I know "How sweet it is" is this weekend..but i never like their lineups..too goofy housy..stuff!

Helghast
03-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Yea EDC is next.
Even tho I don't know the line-up, I still like going to EDC.
I hope it's not as bad as last year, it was full of DUMB ASSES!
What're you gonna do, the scene is getting popular again.

fuck all that..

ULTRA, BABY!!

one moreeee weeeeek.

Shaminii
03-22-2008, 01:53 PM
SLOW download is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

= (

Host it somewhere else?

Zshare.

New link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M1VSVSB

Zshare isn't working for as much as I tried to upload it there.

Helghast
03-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Sweeeeeeeet.
Downloading it now.

= D

kuramaya
03-22-2008, 03:57 PM
New link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M1VSVSB

Zshare isn't working for as much as I tried to upload it there.

That mix is dope bro. Im gonna split it into track ands and you can be assured it's playin in Japan

Smurf_240SX
03-22-2008, 05:06 PM
i miss my turntables :cry:

X2:cry::cry::(

PRADOgy
06-02-2008, 01:37 PM
So iv had my tables for a while now.. (couple of months)
this is what my set up looks like
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7484/94185849qh5.th.png (http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=94185849qh5.png)

i spin dirty electro/house

some UK hardcore

stiizy
06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
My laptop with serato i dont have my own tables and stuff i usually go to my boys house he has technics tables the sl1200's my air macbook as i call it..

i spin trance techno dance whatever you wanna call it and Reggaeton

thestreetzking
06-02-2008, 03:43 PM
DJ jimmy crack corn.. and I dont care..

nah jk but my friends wife spins, shit is off the hook, i know there technics but not sure what brand, I used to screw around on acid and such but nothing with tables, i wouldnt mind getting into it just to play around

PRADOgy
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
, i wouldnt mind getting into it just to play around
when i first got my cdj200's i was on them for 4 hrs STREIGHT.. with out noticing ..lol

HTID!

thestreetzking
06-02-2008, 03:56 PM
damn there like $300 a piece, anything cheap I can just screw with for fun? and hook to my comp

TiNMAN
06-02-2008, 04:00 PM
CDJ's are not TURNTABLES. please do not call them turntables/tables!

thestreetzking
06-02-2008, 04:02 PM
who said they were tables??

PRADOgy
06-02-2008, 04:49 PM
CDJ's are not TURNTABLES. please do not call them turntables/tables!
oh my bad.. they'r better than that..

:jerkit:

PRADOgy
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM
damn there like $300 a piece, anything cheap I can just screw with for fun? and hook to my comp
Of course.. the bang for your buck i would recomend "American audio cdi 500's" and numark has decent mixers for almost nothing

dont waste your time with vynal if your plans are to spin edm..with the exception of DnB..

by the time anything is pressed, its been played out by a cd already..

unless ur serato..i guess .. that just takes the fun out of mixing IMO

ki_JDM_ds
06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I have always wanted to start some DJ shit... I havent looked into it much because it seems to vast. I dont want to call Trance techno or house progressive or- is that even right?

I drove to Dallas 5-16-08 to see Paul Van Dyk @ the lizard lounge. Needless to say the music was intense I havent been to a rave in a long time... Next stop is KCMO for Tiesto on 6-11-08

I hope its going to be great

Pradoy thanks for the link to the mixers... I have no vynals so cds will have to do.

This thread rocks or does it roll?!

GabeS14
06-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I have Traktor dj pc mixer..its awesome for house party's and just mixing music easily at home..or with laptop!
I just sold my
Technics SL1200's Mk5G-Anniversary edition..
i still have my Gemini battle mixer camouflage edition though..
bought it in Japan.
probably sell if it anyone is interested..

Shaminii
06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I just picked up a pair of Pioneer CDJ-1000s MK3's. ^-^

Anybody looking to sell at a DJM600 or 800?

PRADOgy
06-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I just picked up a pair of Pioneer CDJ-1000s MK3's. ^-^

Anybody looking to sell at a DJM600 or 800?
balllin..

lol

try craigslist for sure.. iv came across a few in LA

Quail
06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Just thought I'd drop a few updated pics in. Quite happy with how my DJing has progressed since my last post on page 3. Been doing the usual sociable side of DJing with friends (minimal and electro), and a few small UKG Bassline nights down here in Portsmouth (mostly bassline, a bit of old skool 2 step). Generally having fun! Bad thing is I'm selling my setup to fund car parts, but I'm going to buy a better setup after the summer:

http://photos-451.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v199/149/87/630592451/n630592451_684337_1273.jpg

http://photos-451.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v199/149/87/630592451/n630592451_684340_8717.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v196/241/74/506252240/n506252240_405460_4411.jpg

Biggup the ipod plugged into the cdj400!

A few pics of friends having a mix at my place:

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/153/19/501399120/n501399120_429270_58.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/153/19/501399120/n501399120_429275_1386.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/153/19/501399120/n501399120_429276_1668.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/153/19/501399120/n501399120_429277_1951.jpg

Me and the guy in the white Tee are currently planning an epic cross-genre minimix with Albeton. Im a n00b with it, but hes pretty good, so hes going to teach me the ropes.