PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mazda RX-9 Revealed!

exitspeed
12-28-2007, 12:13 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/dc2_lsvtecmusic/RX9/RX91.png
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/dc2_lsvtecmusic/RX9/RX92.png

azndoc
12-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I like the front end.

But not a fan of the rear though.

muddafakka
Meh.

At least it's looking better than the RX-8...

Farzam
It doesn't appeal to me much

Nachtmensch
12-28-2007, 12:23 PM
theif! :P do you mind hosting it yourself? it's gonna kill my bandwidth ;)

thanks much

exitspeed
12-28-2007, 12:27 PM
theif! :P do you mind hosting it yourself? it's gonna kill my bandwidth ;)

thanks much

You theived it from Winding Road. ;)

Don't worry I posted in your thread too. ;)

Thanks too.

BustedS13
12-28-2007, 12:29 PM
not enough nasty.

exitspeed
12-28-2007, 12:31 PM
I actually LOVE the look of it. The roof line looks low and so does the beltline. It's got very traditional RWD proportions. Long front short rear. I'm in love.

I wanna see it in white.

s13poop
12-28-2007, 12:36 PM
i kinda like it

depending on which engine setup they choose i think it has great potential

Full-Lock
12-28-2007, 12:36 PM
it looks pretty cool. definatly cooler than the ugly rx8
i like everything but the front

the things i like most are the front fender vents, exhaust, tailights, and sideskirts.

but the concept/rendering always looks a 100000 times better than the finished product..
so it will probably be less cool than this.

lflkajfj12123
12-28-2007, 12:38 PM
stupid stupid stupid no manual gearbox? what the hell is this

car has no ass either lame

exitspeed
12-28-2007, 12:42 PM

car has no ass either lame

Wheels pushed out to the corners of the car = good.

punxva
12-28-2007, 12:43 PM
but the question is wil they continue to ruin the rotary name by leaving it NA like the 8, after a long lineage of FI rotarys

muddafakka
12-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Eh I'm not surprised. :ugh:

HyperTek
12-28-2007, 12:57 PM
pimpage! hope it gets gas millage otherwise might not be soo hot.. RX where never really hot sellers =(
by that time, that rumored rwd toyota sports coupe should be out, as well as other deals from hyandai and what not... its gonna be tough.

98s14inaz
12-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Meh.

At least it's looking better than the RX-8...

Absolutely. At the very least it is an improvement. Hopefully they keep it close to the same as the photograph.

drift freaq
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Front looks like they stole it from Mercedes, rear looks like they stole it from Aston Martin. Overall better looking than the RX8 but still not really stirring me.

Ya Nissan bit the 911 a bit when they built the 350z but at least they left styling cues from the other Z's in it as well.
The RX9 will probably be another car that will grow on people after its initial release much like the 350z.
In the end though I still think Mazda's design zenith was the FD RX7 and the second gen Miata. Those cars stole lines from classic early sixties sports cars yet managed to evoke their own image at the same time.

exitspeed
12-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh12 seems like a long ways away for this car to come out. I mean most cars see a 4-6 year life span and are usually based off of concepts from a year or TWO before hand. By the time 2012 rolls around this design will look dated.

2010 seems to me to be a better year to release it. I would think all these new RWD compacts should be out as 09 (Hyndai), 10(Nissan, Toyota), and the latest 11 models. If they release it in 12 the other cars are already going to see a mid cycle facelift.

jackjack
12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
hmmmm........ it seems a g35 had sex with a crossfire. its ok i guess.

eastcoastS14
12-28-2007, 01:21 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck PADDLE SHIFTERS!!!!! GAH SO GAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Rob's S14
12-28-2007, 01:43 PM
It definitely looks better than the 8. It's probably gonna be expensive though. I know the 8 had all kinds of maintenance problems, I wonder if that'll happen again.

drift freaq
12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck PADDLE SHIFTERS!!!!! GAH SO GAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Oh man here we go again. HELLO wake up!! Its the 21st century! Paddle shifters fucking rock when teamed with the right transmission. The New GTR shows this to be true. LOL

Oh ya and while we are on the subject of Gay, have you ever stopped to look at your sig? :rofl:

Hooorahh!
12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
side looks like a G35 and rear looks like that one potiac 2 seater .. ahhh its cool i guess

k's_silvia2.0
12-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Blah its no good.

SimpleSexy180
12-28-2007, 01:59 PM
wow, i love how the wheels look like 17x5

as for paddle shifters, weak, this isnt f1.

better hope all those cars with paddle shifting will have shops that can FIX/replace those 5-10 years after the car is made.

OptionZero
12-28-2007, 02:08 PM
designing it for americans?

touring sensibilities?

fuck that

RX7 was all about lightweight balance more lightweight

there better be a stripper version

SochBAT
12-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Mazda Kabura Concept a year or so back.

DreamN
12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Here's the proof that I know they're going to fuck this thing up:

"Mazda is engineering the RX-9 specifically for the American premium customer."

muddafakka
12-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Here's the proof that I know they're going to fuck this thing up:

+1111111111111111111111

SimpleSexy180
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM
and as americans, we say we are tough but whats with all the bitch made actions we have been doing?

so im going to ASSUME a governor that limits to only 65 mph because well, we want to protect our citizens.

also, a system so complex impossible for tuning. We are protecting our citizens so no need to go any faster or add anything to the car.

HyperTek
12-28-2007, 04:00 PM
i like my 5 mpg hehehe

the FD is a really good tuner car, been in production in japan for about 10 years... and still a commonly built tuner car too.. cant say much about the american market , I jus dont think the general car driver is into them..

lflkajfj12123
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh man here we go again. HELLO wake up!! Its the 21st century! Paddle shifters fucking rock when teamed with the right transmission. The New GTR shows this to be true. LOL

Oh ya and while we are on the subject of Gay, have you ever stopped to look at your sig? :rofl:

mash gas for 3 seconds, wow that was exhilerating! i want my damn third pedal kthx

INeedNewTires
12-28-2007, 06:27 PM
my opinion is who gives a shit what it looks like, as long as its handles and brakes like (or better) than the FD!

V8 would be nice too........

silviaguy240
12-28-2007, 07:50 PM
/vomit

seriosuly these new car designs are fucking hideous, tooo damn futuristic.

Neejay
12-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I think it looks like shit.

I've sad this several times, but Im not a big fan of a lot of the new "futuristic" style cars.

Neejay
12-28-2007, 07:57 PM
my opinion is who gives a shit what it looks like, as long as its handles and brakes like (or better) than the FD!

V8 would be nice too........
If Im spending money on something, especially a new car, I would care what it looks like...

Maybe it's just me?

ixfxi
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
1) i hate the author's "mazda-spooge" writing style.
2) i hate articles that spooge over shit that doesnt exist, hoping one day it will
3) the car looks okay but, considering i own a mazda - i think mazda sucks.

drift freaq
12-28-2007, 09:38 PM
mash gas for 3 seconds, wow that was exhilerating! i want my damn third pedal kthx

your clueless. Go read up on F1 double clutch transmissions. Kthx and have a nice night. :D

trsilvias13
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
rx9 is sex. i will buy definetly. I sort of want the rx8 already. I like the rotory rwd style cars.

firelizard
12-28-2007, 09:58 PM
It has no ass.

Why don't they make cars with nice asses anymore?

RPS13_NISMO KNIGHT
12-28-2007, 10:06 PM
your clueless. Go read up on F1 double clutch transmissions. Kthx and have a nice night. :D

Hahaha. LOL its true those transmissions are the sh*t.

Gnnr
12-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Well, atleast all the Japanese automakers are coming out to play. :)

myzislow
12-29-2007, 04:13 AM
new skyline front end
crhysler crossfire, or pontiac solstice rear end.

tre rotor would piss on stuff

nevaland9
12-29-2007, 08:55 AM
ew...it looks like a muscular horses leg.

B18C5MK1
12-29-2007, 10:04 AM
hmmmm........ it seems a g35 had sex with a crossfire. its ok i guess.

haha. thats exactly what i was thinking.

on a different note though.. i kinda like it.. weird.

Koopa Troopa
12-29-2007, 10:17 AM
What ever happened to the cars made for drivers? Now days it seems cars are designed so people who suck at driving can feel like they're Michael Schumacher. Look at the new GTR with it's crap ass manumatic transmission... No GTR has ever been without the 3rd pedal till now!

I am more than positive this car will blow ass too.

HaLo
12-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I love it... it looks great. A far better improvement from the RX-8

usdm180sx
12-29-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't like the longer overhang in the front than in the rear. Looks backwards like the acura rl.

WILDACEX187
12-29-2007, 10:50 AM
wait so does that mean there wont be a rx7 anymore? i heard tsuchiya saying that mazda is working on one since the rx8 isnt taking its place.

max2damax
12-29-2007, 07:08 PM
lot better than the rx-8 that for sure.

SimpleSexy180
12-29-2007, 07:41 PM

sigh, and LETS HOPE that in 5-10 years after release their will BE SHOPS that will be able to fix/replace those type of transmissions without being so expensive.

i mainly mean after the car is done with its warranty.

WILDACEX187
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
maybe it'll be like changing a clutch on a manual

jskateborders
12-29-2007, 10:05 PM
what is up with the lack of clutch pedals in these new cars. "Oh its got paddle shifters and a sequential six speed. It preforms better than a traditional stick shift" I dont give a fuck. I want clutch pedal!

BBSilvia
12-29-2007, 10:17 PM
not for me... But still not bad

theicecreamdan
12-30-2007, 04:32 PM
hey its a chrysler

powersteeringless180sx
12-30-2007, 05:37 PM
it looks okay i guess. i don't really like the front end though. especially the grill. i really don't dig the way cars are being designed now a days. they all look the same w/ the narrow and tall headlights and round ass looking bodies.

aznpoopy
12-30-2007, 07:19 PM
it looks exactly like the rx8 to me, with different lights and grille. at least the rx8 had headlights that were reminiscient of the FTP lenses on the FD. this one looks completely uninspired.

i assume the new rotary engine they are talking about is the 16x renesis. is this article recent? i'd be surprised if they had two rotary engines in development/revision at the same time.

RX where never really hot sellers =(

the 1st and 2nd gen rx-7s were definitely 'hot sellers.' there were like 450,000 ish 1st gens sold overall, and like 90,000 2nd gens sold in 1986 alone. it only tanked from series 6 onward. less than 15,000 FD's sold in all three years of its run.

silviaguy240
12-30-2007, 07:31 PM

yea, those are good transmissions. but will a mid range $30k "sports" car have one in it? i highly doubt it.

SW20Racer
12-31-2007, 01:34 PM
everyone seems to be forgetting...http://www.google.com/search?q=END+OF+THE+WORLD+IN+2012&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7IRFA

drift freaq
12-31-2007, 01:48 PM
What ever happened to the cars made for drivers? Now days it seems cars are designed so people who suck at driving can feel like they're Michael Schumacher. Look at the new GTR with it's crap ass manumatic transmission... No GTR has ever been without the 3rd pedal till now!

I am more than positive this car will blow ass too.

The transmission in the GTR is not crap ass and if you think it is you need to go to school. I have said it before and your gonna make me say it again. People like you are stuck in dinosaur mode as is most of the general public when it comes to transmissions.

Plus if you think the new GTR blows ass your a clueless idiot about automobiles. When your ready to join the 21st century with Performance technology you can speak otherwise your comments are ill founded.

trsilvias13
12-31-2007, 03:24 PM
the 1st and 2nd gen rx-7s were definitely 'hot sellers.' there were like 450,000 ish 1st gens sold overall, and like 90,000 2nd gens sold in 1986 alone. it only tanked from series 6 onward. less than 15,000 FD's sold in all three years of its run.

I have one of the 15,000 cars sold - 93 VR R1 too. Anyone interested in buying a 10-13mpg car? haha

Yuri
12-31-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm happy that Mazda decided to go forward with this market.
I was planning on buying a production Kabura upon release, but my sig explains why I've lost interest in purchasing the car.
When I drive paddle shifted DSG's I always end up leaving the car in full auto mode after a while.
I just enjoy shifting myself.
I don't care if it's slower, it's the reason I'd buy a manual 6cyl 7-series over an automatic V12 7-series.

I also dislike ASC, traction control etc, even though it's safer for many people.

It seems to me that cars are getting closer and closer to the point illustrated in i,Robot, when Detective Spooner gets chewed out for driving his Audi "manually."

GoodOl'S13
12-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Better than the rx8.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
car looks super nice. love the way it looks!

exitspeed
12-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Just a quick update on the article and pics. These are pics rendered from Winding Road and NOT directly from Nissa.

So for those that like, hopefully he was right on, and for those that don't there's still hope.

Koopa Troopa
01-01-2008, 05:54 AM
The transmission in the GTR is not crap ass and if you think it is you need to go to school. I have said it before and your gonna make me say it again. People like you are stuck in dinosaur mode as is most of the general public when it comes to transmissions.[quote]

You must be one of those non drivers who like shit done for them. Who gives a fuck how well the transmission of the GTR performs? Do you really want some computer telling you how much of the clutch to use? What happens when you try and change the turbo's on the car.. Now you're fucked cause the clutch won't hold the power you've added and you can have fun finding an aftermarket replacement for that.

[quote]Plus if you think the new GTR blows ass your a clueless idiot about automobiles. When your ready to join the 21st century with Performance technology you can speak otherwise your comments are ill founded.

Once again you've proved how incapable you are. How cool, a car driven by electronics broke a whole bunch of records at a track. I bet you want one of those cars that parks itself too huh?

I stand by my statement...

Now days it seems cars are designed so people who suck at driving can feel like they're Michael Schumacher

You going to get upset again cause you fall into this category?

ixfxi
01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
You must be one of those non drivers who like shit done for them. Who gives a fuck how well the transmission of the GTR performs? Do you really want some computer telling you how much of the clutch to use? What happens when you try and change the turbo's on the car.. Now you're fucked cause the clutch won't hold the power you've added and you can have fun finding an aftermarket replacement for that.

Once again you've proved how incapable you are. How cool, a car driven by electronics broke a whole bunch of records at a track. I bet you want one of those cars that parks itself too huh?

you're such a fucking idiot.

seriously, the word is "fucking_idiot"

who cares about how well a transmission performs? PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT PERFORMANCE DO, ya moron.

Now, I personally dont LIKE f1-style auto transmissions and would probably never want to own one, but thats besides the point isnt it? I'm not in the market for a GTR, other people are.

There are people in this world, those with actual MONEY.. you know, dollars.. who want to have the latest and greatest. Then there are idiots such as ourselves, who are content driving old piles of shit that arent built with the latest and greatest technology. People maybe who like to tinker and upgrade, I'm one of them.

Reality is, all this new technology from traction control to f1-style transmissions SHOULD work hand in hand to help most drivers have easier control.

Do i care? Nope. Do I want traction control, abs, or any of this shit? Nope. But I'm not in the market for a fucking GEE___TEE__ARRRRR

The only thing I can say about the GTR, that Ive said over and over.. is that if the car sells well and they want to please more than the average money-slinging car enthusiast, meaning.. if they want to please the DIE_HARD car enthusiasts... then they NEED to offer a manual as well. THEY MUST.

So, how many of us will spend that much? Dont know, dont care.. thats for nissan to determine. All I can say is the technology works and many people want it... so please, pretty please.. shut the fuck up

DreamN
01-01-2008, 05:56 PM
^ here here.

Yuri
01-01-2008, 07:04 PM
To those of you talking about the GTR; just a friendly reminder.
This thread is about yet another new performance car that won't offer a true manual transmission; the Mazda RX9.

So let's not let this fall into another hate on GTR for not offering a traditional manual thread.
This can be a hate on RX9 for not offering a traditional manual thread instead. ;)

bardabe
01-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Nasty Looking

Koopa Troopa
01-02-2008, 02:37 PM

who cares about how well a transmission performs? PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT PERFORMANCE DO, ya moron.

Now, I personally dont LIKE f1-style auto transmissions and would probably never want to own one, but thats besides the point isnt it? I'm not in the market for a GTR, other people are.

There are people in this world, those with actual MONEY.. you know, dollars.. who want to have the latest and greatest. Then there are idiots such as ourselves, who are content driving old piles of shit that arent built with the latest and greatest technology. People maybe who like to tinker and upgrade, I'm one of them.

Reality is, all this new technology from traction control to f1-style transmissions SHOULD work hand in hand to help most drivers have easier control.

Do i care? Nope. Do I want traction control, abs, or any of this shit? Nope. But I'm not in the market for a fucking GEE___TEE__ARRRRR

The only thing I can say about the GTR, that Ive said over and over.. is that if the car sells well and they want to please more than the average money-slinging car enthusiast, meaning.. if they want to please the DIE_HARD car enthusiasts... then they NEED to offer a manual as well. THEY MUST.

So, how many of us will spend that much? Dont know, dont care.. thats for nissan to determine. All I can say is the technology works and many people want it... so please, pretty please.. shut the fuck up

I'm confused... You call me an idiot, back my post and then throw in some void statement that gives no purpose other to say new cars suck but they have fancy gadgets rich people like. People who care about performance don't buy cars with manumatic transmissions... Hence the existence of the 911 GT2 and GT3

As far as not having the latest and greatest technology in a peice of shit car? Speak for yourself....

kingkilburn
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Could the idea of two clutches work for a standerd tranny? Say you shift from 1st to 2nd without a clutch pedal. You could get the quick shifts but without the car telling you when.
That I could live with.

WILDACEX187
01-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Could the idea of two clutches work for a standerd tranny? Say you shift from 1st to 2nd without a clutch pedal. You could get the quick shifts but without the car telling you when.
That I could live with.

in sports mode the car probably will not shift for u.

KiLLeR2001
01-02-2008, 09:10 PM
meh, I'm too partial to the FD to like this car.

reflexdb
01-02-2008, 09:28 PM
People who care about performance don't buy cars with manumatic transmissions... Hence the existence of the 911 GT2 and GT3

Well, if by "performance" you mean quicker lap times, that is no means to justify a manumatic transmission. No matter how great of a driver you are...a computer is better. There is no arguing with that. Automakers spend hundreds of hours tuning these transmissions to perform perfectly every time. F1 drivers are arguably the best drivers in the world, and they let a computer work the clutch also.

Of course, there are those out there who prefer a standard transmission for the feel of driving, but a true performance car is simply built to be the absolute fastest possible around a track.

kyoru
01-02-2008, 11:53 PM
the tail lights are way to low...the rear looks horriable

ixfxi
01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
People who care about performance don't buy cars with manumatic transmissions...

stop generalizing you stupid turd

theres nothing more annoying than listening to a whiny bitch complain about why people WONT buy the GTR, when I'm pretty confident that the car will sell really well.

that, plus the fact that most new-car owners WANT the latest & greatest, its common sense

please, shut the fuck up already

Koopa Troopa
01-03-2008, 01:20 PM
stop generalizing you stupid turd

theres nothing more annoying than listening to a whiny bitch complain about why people WONT buy the GTR, when I'm pretty confident that the car will sell really well.

that, plus the fact that most new-car owners WANT the latest & greatest, its common sense

please, shut the fuck up already

You need to repeat 7th grade. Your vocabulary is lacking and your reading comprehension is substandard. Never said why people won't buy it. The GT-R's name and history is enough. I simply stated why the car was a piece of shit, a failure to the GT-R name and a nightmare for the aftermarket. Granted the current GT-R released is just a base model...

Also attacking my intelligence because you can't hold a decent argument is pretty pathetic.

exitspeed
01-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Alright, enough with the insults.

Debate like adults (which would be minus the insults) please and stay on topic. This thread is not about level of education nor is it about the pitch of someone's voice.

exitspeed
01-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Another render from some enthusiast in Japan.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/rx9-rendered.jpg

SimpleS14
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
argh...you always beat me to it

anywho....that is a much better speculation

Sonic Motor
01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
thnx for the post.

would never had looked for it if you had not posted it haha...

jspaeth
01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
The main think I hate about many new cars (and that newly posted rendering) is ugly fenders....whether that be the ugly flat fender lips on some of the new cars (i.e. G35, etc.) or the ugly bulbous fenders (i.e. RX-8)

Good looking fender lips:

http://carsinthefastlane.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/mazda-rx7_r_rear.jpg

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/hirezpics/ta997t5.jpg

http://ebay.windingroad.com/newsuploads/2006/09/2007_s2000_03.jpg
Ugly-as-shit fender lips:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Strosek-Nissan-350Z-Front-And-Side-1280x960.jpg

http://www.automotivearticles.com/uploads/ds-gtr-proto-official-007.jpg

http://asmic.com/collect/rx-8tm/pics/rx8-pk24.jpg

Fuck....the flat spots on the fenders really need to go...:/

Like I said, hopefully the fenders on the RX-9 look more like the RX-7 fenders than those on the RX-8

Edgar
01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I cant see it for some reason :(

SimpleS14
01-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I cant see it for some reason :(

The fender lips?

EDacIouSX
01-03-2008, 11:04 PM
i want to see a new rx7. rx9 looks like a rx8 on drugs. And, rx8 looks kind of cool when its done right. but seriously, that's probably a fake render of a rx9.

exitspeed
01-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Here are leaked pics of the refreshed RX-8.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/facelift-rx8.jpg
As more and more artists' impressions of the anticipated Mazda RX-9 surface online, images have leaked showing us what the interim facelifted version of the current RX-8 will look like. The image, as you can see, comes from a scanned Japanese magazine.

The changes appear to be exclusively cosmetic. Up front, the grille has been revised to feature higher-mounted fog lamps under new, wider headlights. Around back the taillamps have been updated with four round LED rings. That's pretty much the extent of it, although the car pictured is a new RS version featuring 19" wheels, Recaro racing buckets and Bilstein shocks.

The facelift is reportedly targeted mainly towards American customers, and may not even make it to other markets. We'll bring you more from the updated RX-8's anticipated launch at the fast-approaching Detroit auto show.

jspaeth
01-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Fuck I hate those fenders so bad

Those appear to be 19x7 hahah, prolly not though

drift freaq
01-05-2008, 01:37 PM
[quote=drift freaq;1739519]The transmission in the GTR is not crap ass and if you think it is you need to go to school. I have said it before and your gonna make me say it again. People like you are stuck in dinosaur mode as is most of the general public when it comes to transmissions.[quote]

I stand by my statement...

Once again proved I am incapable? You sir are clueless and by standing by your statement deserve this response.

You know nothing about me. I was working on and building 510's and 240z's when you were in fucking diapers, you insolent child! I have been involved with building 240sx's for almost ten years.

Upset about falling into a catagory prescribed by you, which has no reality about me? No, bothered because a stupid punk ass military kid thinks he is the shiznit because he is in Okinawa? Yes.

You sit over there in Okinawa acting high and mighty because you are a military guy stationed in a Japanese province. Wow so that makes you instant authority on everything you know nothing about. New GTR transmissions and I, among other things.

Launch control is there but has to be activated. Its not there automatically. If you don't know what your talking about,you should not speak up because it starts to look like your talking out your ass. Which you are.

I will back up ixfxi because there is nothing wrong with his rebuttal to you. He called you and himself and idiot and quite frankly, as much as the guy does some awesome stuff, he is right. I am not calling you the idiot, I am agreeing you are though. At least he is willing to come clean and admit something rather than acting like a high and mighty with his head up his .... like you.

I made the statement about paddle shifters and the GTR transmission because someone was crying about the RX9 having paddle shifters.

Well I have over 20 years of wrenching experience on Datsuns and Nissans. I don't think you could say that for yourself. Like I said earlier, you need to study and you need to learn to check your mouth,especially when it starts spouting accusations, you have no clue about.

NervGS
01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
^^^ HAHA.

I've heard worse things said by Mike on this forum, I don't understand what the deal is with this pinking BS. I think some of the mods need to get their priorities straight on what's out of line and what's not.

The FD is the best looking car ever in my opinion, it was ahead of its time, and stood the test of time with how long it was in the market (overseas).

I'm not big on paddle shifters, but then again, I have no real experience with them. They sound like fun though.

-glenn

jspaeth
01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
^^^ HAHA.

The FD is the best looking car ever in my opinion, it was ahead of its time, and stood the test of time with how long it was in the market (overseas).

-glenn

Definitely agree (in terms of affordable sports cars).....I hate American cars, but the one car whose looks I kinda like is the Viper....

....coincidentally, it has similar lines to the FD

exitspeed
01-05-2008, 04:18 PM
^^^ HAHA.

I've heard worse things said by Mike on this forum, I don't understand what the deal is with this pinking BS. I think some of the mods need to get their priorities straight on what's out of line and what's not.

This is the last I'm going to post about this. Mike was pinked by me. He received an infraction for attacking another member which is against Zilvia's rules. Instead on PMing me to discuss it he decided to act like a child and post in this thread and call me out (which was deleted by me because it doesn't belong in this thread). Any mod here including Kevin will back me on this. This thread is not about his infraction, or him being pinked. And not his personal bitching/crying grounds. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. Now, lets get back on topic.

-glenn

I agree with you completely. The 240sx is almost in the same boat. IMO. Maybe not as stunning, but it's lines and design were classic. Also why it saw such a long life in Japan.

muddafakka
01-05-2008, 04:49 PM
The FD is the best looking car ever in my opinion

Too bad some of their owners feel compelled to slap ugly bodykits on them. :down:

usdm180sx
01-15-2008, 08:44 AM
People who care about performance don't buy cars with manumatic transmissions

ORly?? Damn, I guess Ferrari is in for a BIG surprise :rolleyes:

Well, if by "performance" you mean quicker lap times, that is no means to justify a manumatic transmission. No matter how great of a driver you are...a computer is better. There is no arguing with that. Automakers spend hundreds of hours tuning these transmissions to perform perfectly every time. F1 drivers are arguably the best drivers in the world, and they let a computer work the clutch also.

Of course, there are those out there who prefer a standard transmission for the feel of driving, but a true performance car is simply built to be the absolute fastest possible around a track.

Speaks the troof

98s14inaz
01-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Great, we all know the type of drivers they are /sarcasm

Koopa Troopa
01-15-2008, 11:19 AM
ORly?? Damn, I guess Ferrari is in for a BIG surprise :rolleyes:

Majority of Ferrari owners don't care about performance. They only want the name. If they did care about performance they would be driving a F40 and not the over priced peice of carbon fiber they're currently driving.. 355 Spyder and such...

You ever heard the average Ferrari owner talk about his car? :rofl:

usdm180sx
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Majority of Ferrari owners don't care about performance. They only want the name. If they did care about performance they would be driving a F40 and not the over priced peice of carbon fiber they're currently driving.. 355 Spyder and such...

You ever heard the average Ferrari owner talk about his car? :rofl:

Then why do they want the name? You are half correct. They want Ferarris because of 3 reasons: Performance, status or both. Just because a person has a lot of money doesn't mean that the person doesn't know how to drive.

I went to the Yard House (A local restaurant here in Long Beach, CA) a few months ago and it just so happened that there was a Ferarri owner's club meeting there.

So I talked to some of the people and guess what? A lot of them are car enthusiasts. Another perfect example is Michael Shumacher. Do you think he ever talks about Ferarris?

SINxSELEKTAH
01-15-2008, 03:47 PM

ever driven a car with an SMG transmission? and i don't mean an automatic with paddle shifters like a Z33 tiptronic. i mean a real SMG transmission? i'm quite amazed with it, IMO.

as far as the GTR is concerned, i'm glad it's price tag is pretty hefty. it keeps children from getting one and killing themselves. it's already bad enough that kids are driving Imprezas & Lancer Evolutions thinking they're the shit with 300bhp out the box.

my thoughts on this "RX9", i hope it becomes a reality. it's rumored to have a 2-rotor 1.8L. i just hope that they plan on putting some sort of force induction system instead of making the same mistake they did with the RX8.

Koopa Troopa
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Then why do they want the name? You are half correct. They want Ferarris because of 3 reasons: Performance, status or both. Just because a person has a lot of money doesn't mean that the person doesn't know how to drive.

I went to the Yard House (A local restaurant here in Long Beach, CA) a few months ago and it just so happened that there was a Ferarri owner's club meeting there.

So I talked to some of the people and guess what? A lot of them are car enthusiasts. Another perfect example is Michael Shumacher. Do you think he ever talks about Ferarris?

I agree too... I said the average Ferrari owner.. I have met quite a few Ferrari owners who know how to drive... Another perfect example of that is the Tokyo Ferrari Owner's Club.. I seen one of those dude's going through Ropponggi pegging the limiter in a F50... It was the greatest thing I've ever heard/seen. EVER. Even greater than seeing Smoky Nagata para para at Velfarre or bumping into Chiaki Kuriyama as she was getting off a bus....