12-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Found this on another forum:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/heytonyman/vette9.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/heytonyman/vette8.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/heytonyman/vette7.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/heytonyman/vette6.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/heytonyman/vette5.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/heytonyman/Vette2.jpg

Long story short... N20 backfire took out the intake manifold and fuel rails at high speed. Guy thought the bottom end let loose... Didn't smell much at 150+mph. Rather than shut it down and have to stop with no brakes or power steering he coasted it to a stop. By the time it came to rest the open fuel and n2o lines had a huge blaze going. Took the FD 18mins to show up and put it out. The rest is history...

azndoc
12-25-2007, 03:41 AM
Ouch that's all I have to say about that.

I don't know if Nitrous is covered with insurance?

Is that even possible?

Of is that just a total loss on that guy's part?

Farzam
12-25-2007, 03:42 AM
Sucks to be him.

beefcake6681
12-25-2007, 03:50 AM
All I can say is WOW!

12-25-2007, 04:18 AM
Ouch that's all I have to say about that.

I don't know if Nitrous is covered with insurance?

Is that even possible?

Of is that just a total loss on that guy's part?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I am very curious to find out what happens with his insurance company. I will be sure to post if I find out.

projectdrifter
12-25-2007, 04:29 AM
errr i feel bad 4 the guy.

womenbeshoppin
12-25-2007, 05:01 AM
at least hes got some mad tyte smoked tails out of it

GabeS14
12-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Why would be stupid enough to tell the insurance Co, that nitrous caused the fire?
nothing is recognizable in the melty mess anyways.:doh:

Antihero983
12-25-2007, 05:55 AM
reason #453 why i will never run nitrous in any car i own.

iwishiwas-all*
12-25-2007, 06:10 AM
if hes smart he never says the word nitrous ever again, and rips every piece left from the kit off the car

98s14inaz
12-25-2007, 08:00 AM
NAAAAAAAWS!!! :rofl: Domestic ricers are the worst...150+...seriously, he's lucky he didn't kill anyone. One less rich a$$hole on the street now IMO.

DreamN
12-25-2007, 08:16 AM
^ dude, why did you quote the original post? wtf?

sucks for the owner. for his sake I hope insurance covers the damage because it'd be a complete kick to the balls to have to continue making payments on that thing.

ThatGuy
12-25-2007, 08:19 AM
^ dude, why did you quote the original post? wtf?

I deleted the quote, since it wasn't needed.

I, for one, hope that insurance doesn't cover it. 150+mph on public roads means he deserves to lose his car and suffer the consequences.

2bad240
12-25-2007, 08:23 AM
he probably didnt want to/couldnt pay for it anymore, burnt it down, and just told the ins company that it blew up, and told all his cool friends he sprayed it and it blew. what a waste of a cool car.

muddafakka
12-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Ouch. He'll probably end up buying another one.

KA-T_240
12-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Insurance will cover it more then likely........

Anyone remember the yellow C5 w/spray that blew up at the line on the drag strip? He got a brand new c6 z06 from the insurance company

jeeper_x
12-25-2007, 10:31 AM
"NOS!!!"......

sorry, i just had to say that.......

HyperTek
12-25-2007, 10:42 AM
your goin 150+mph, let alone probably already above 100 at the time and then hitting the n20.. why the hell do you need it at that speed? your gonna ahve the same top speed regardless..

jskateborders
12-25-2007, 11:12 AM
"Hes got enough Nos to blow himself up"
Wonder If his floorboard fell off?
But I dont see how the insurance company would cover that. Unless I am mistaken, there is not a highway in this country that NOS is legal.

ranger240
12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
NAAAAAAAWS!!! :rofl: Domestic ricers are the worst...

domestic ricers drive cavilers not world beating cars.

don't the new corvettes that voids the warranty if you drive over a certain mph? no clue where i heard that, probably a domestic ricer

98s14inaz
12-25-2007, 11:26 AM
You guys crack me up. Keep em coming.

your no ricer in a brand new 75+k supercar.. dont be stupid, what do you drive? does its value exceed that of some z06 wheels? shut up

Nope. Nos makes you a ricer when you have 400hp give or take from the factory. I drive a 240 with out nos and with out stickers. Don't let my post count fool you. I spend more time working on and driving cars than posting on an internet forum ;-)

Since you liked my last comment enough to put it in your Signature, here's another. "You still look stupid with 'Suck my balls' in your signature. No matter what else you say, that is what people will remember you by on Zilvia. Good Job."

I <3 u, Merry Christmas. Lighten up.

don't quote the whole damn original post....

I apologize, I had no idea that wasn't allowed. My bad.

Back on topic. Nos is a waste on a street car with out fire suppression. I hope he cried as he watched his $70k go up in flames. I hope his insurance doesn't cover it.

Farzam
12-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Y'all are fucking losers.

"Waaa i've got penis envy if this was a 300zx that blew up getting sprayed i'd feel sympathy but since it's a Vette I wish I could own but can't cause working full time at a burger shack is barely paying off my Cavalier i'm gonna say I hope insurance doesn't cover an ACCIDENT."

Shut the fuck up, it's not like y'all have never done a highway pull or been in a car that's done one before.

The guy had money in the car, he enjoyed it, it got fucked up, he's probably sad, and y'all are kicking his shins.

ThatGuy
12-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Hmmm, since I said he's stupid for going 150+ on a public street I guess you're telling me to STFU?

Not a smart idea Farzy.

You need to pull your head out of your anus if you think this type of behavior is ok. Karma is a bitch, and this guys car got taken from him for a reason.

Kinda like bragging about being a pothead. Once you do it, you're branded for life. This guy is a dumbass for blowing up his Corvette on a public street. If it was a 300ZX I'd still call him a dumbass.

Don't get it twisted in your head. Know who you're talking to.

Farzam
12-25-2007, 12:37 PM
It's not okay to do that. I think you should always obey the law.

But damnit, it's just as annoying seeing kids who drive 20+ over the speed limit daily on the hwy talk shit about people going fast in a straight line.

Just cause he made a dumb decision doesn't mean he should lose his hard earned money.

It's Christmas or i'd start getting into this convo. Have a happy holiday.

And I never bragged about being a fucking pothead. I think that people who think pot is the greatest thing on Earth need to get outside more often and possibly get a job or maybe a hobby besides bong hits. Go drink some more captain morgan, man.

S14DB
12-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Nitrous is labeled for Off-Road Use Only and is not covered by insurance. Having the system operational is enough for them to invalidate the claim in this instance.

ThatGuy
12-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I apologize, I had no idea that wasn't allowed. My bad.

You are allowed to quote, it just wasn't necessary here. It was easily understood who you were talking to and what the topic was.

:bow:

98s14inaz
12-25-2007, 02:44 PM
It's not okay to do that. I think you should always obey the law.

But damnit, it's just as annoying seeing kids who drive 20+ over the speed limit daily on the hwy talk shit about people going fast in a straight line.

Just cause he made a dumb decision doesn't mean he should lose his hard earned money.

Obey all the laws is good advice. Unfortunately when you illegally use no2 on your street car and do 150+ mph (criminal violation) you draw attention to yourself, might as well hang a neon sign over yourself saying, "hey cops, want to make your quota in one stop?"

20+ over the speed limit? Personally I keep up with the pace of traffic and seldom go 10-15 over (even if I get pulled over, civil violation). Occasionally I will pass someone to either get over to my exit or just tired of breathing their exhaust and or looking at the back of their suv.

Why shouldn't he lose all his hard earned money for a dumb decision?
This is the problem with people lately. This isn't a video game and there is no reset. Everything you do has cause and effect. Stupid decisions have consequences. That is how you learn all of life's lessons (quite a few of mine I learned by watching stupid people and not doing what they do). I hope this guy learned his lesson before he loses his life or takes someone else's.

Matej
12-25-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't feel sorry for him. I don't like NOS, I don't like Corvettes, I don't like people who drive fast, I don't like people who drive Corvettes with NOS at 150+ mph on the highway.

Arce_GTR
12-25-2007, 03:58 PM
[email protected]#k!!!!:tweak:

ONYX S-13
12-25-2007, 04:01 PM
at least hes got some mad tyte smoked tails out of it

HA HA HA HA.. I don't know why but, I almost choked when I read this.

At least the guy isn't dead..

Matej
12-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Haha I think the taillights were already smoked, since the rear sidemarkers and the trunk badge are alright.

jinsei888
12-25-2007, 05:18 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/heytonyman/vette6.jpg

looks like it'll make a great hot rod chassis

Anto
12-25-2007, 06:05 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xCNs_pOu28A

Vs an s13! haha

P.S.

Anyone have the original link to the thread?

IIIXziuR
12-25-2007, 06:30 PM
At least the chassis is still salvageable, right? hehehehe

Farzam
12-25-2007, 08:30 PM
In that yellow z06 vid I had to show my sister...i've never seen someone run faster than their car.