PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Norris really is a little girl.

theicecreamdan
12-23-2007, 11:27 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071222/wr_nm/norris_lawsuit_dc

What a douche bag, remember not too long ago when there was the interview about them and he said he didn't mind because they are harmless fun?

Has anybody seen the huckchuck facts on youtube?

ThatGuy
12-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm actually glad he stepped up about this crap. They're really annoying "facts". I mean it was funny at first, but now it's just stupid.

Good job Chuck! I don't like Lawsuits, but hopefully it'll at least make people shut up. It'll probably be settled anyway.

Phlip
12-23-2007, 11:36 AM
I, too, was annoyed by the influx of the shit, but a lawsuit is a bit fucking much.

yudalicious
12-23-2007, 11:46 AM
eh... I bet it gets kinda annoying for him, plus it's one thing to have "facts" on forums and youtube, but it's another for it to be written in a book.

ThatGuy
12-23-2007, 11:50 AM
eh... I bet it gets kinda annoying for him, plus it's one thing to have "facts" on forums and youtube, but it's another for it to be written in a book.

True. The internet is like "Public Domain" or something, right? But a book means someone is making money off of this crap. Big difference.

fc3s kit
12-23-2007, 11:52 AM
^^^ exactly. He didn't mind it when people on the internet (forums and odd websites) were making the comments, but now someone's put it in a book, which can be found in public bookstores, and making money off of it. Not to mention that it was done without his permission and some of the published ones were racist etc. When it's published and someone's making money off it, that's crossing the line.

eastcoastS14
12-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I think they are funny but its a pretty dumb move on the publishers part to use his name without asking him...

chad_everson
12-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Trying to find the link now, but I read that the money he gets from the lawsuit he will be donating to some organization. So its not like he is doing it to just make money. That is if the rumors about him donating to charity are true that is. Either way I know I would be unhappy if my name was going around like his is. Sure a lot of us would be too..

DOOK
12-23-2007, 12:18 PM
how is he gonna be sue someone for doing something he himself did... anyone seen the mountain dew commercial... tell me chuck norris didn't make money off the joke on his "image"... he just wants a piece of the pie is all, he doesn't give a fuck about his "name".

ThatGuy
12-23-2007, 12:22 PM
For the Mountain Dew commercial, they obviously had his permission. The book, they did not.

Also, if you look at the basis of the commercial, he was getting back at the people and embarrassing them the way they had embarrassed him. There was actual meaning to the commercial, not just making a buck.

DOOK
12-23-2007, 12:26 PM
For the Mountain Dew commercial, they obviously had his permission. The book, they did not.

Also, if you look at the basis of the commercial, he was getting back at the people and embarrassing them the way they had embarrassed him. There was actual meaning to the commercial, nit just making a buck.

oh, I agree totally, but doing that commercial and then bringing this lawsuit is bad mojo...

EDIT: It's almost like when we were little kids... Some other kid, maybe your sibling, maybe not, but some other kid is hitting you... so you smack them back and then go running to tell mommy...

Neejay
12-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm actually glad he stepped up about this crap. They're really annoying "facts". I mean it was funny at first, but now it's just stupid.

Good job Chuck! I don't like Lawsuits, but hopefully it'll at least make people shut up. It'll probably be settled anyway.
I agree. It's been an overkill for a while now. People would expect this crap over the internet, but actually publishing a book is a bit much.

BustedS13
12-23-2007, 03:32 PM
so penguin is making money on a book
full of facts they didn't pay anybody to write
about a guy who didn't give the right to use his name

yeah, how dare he sue. /sarcasm

DreamN
12-23-2007, 03:56 PM
so penguin is making money on a book
full of facts they didn't pay anybody to write
about a guy who didn't give the right to use his name

yeah, how dare he sue. /sarcasm

:stupid: Suing over this isn't going to far, it's how to deal with it properly. Even if chuck's only reason for the suit is monetary gain, that's perfectly fine as well.
If I were in the same situation I'd do exactly the same.

S14DB
12-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Two birds, one stone. Sweet...

SexPanda
12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
If i were him Id take them to court too, and get the rights to that book, and go ahead and publish it. That'll show those bastards!

BustedS13
12-23-2007, 04:20 PM
If i were him Id take them to court too, and get the rights to that book, and go ahead and publish it. That'll show those bastards!

dinG! i'm sure he wouldn't care if somebody paid him for using his name. and, again, if penguin just took the chuck norris facts off the internet and threw them in a book, they shouldn't be allowed to publish it anyway.

DreamN
12-23-2007, 04:22 PM
^ then with all the money made he can give every needy child a Total Gym :D

Tenchuu
12-23-2007, 04:23 PM
If someone wrote a book with a bunch of mad up facts that were derogatory about any one of us, and started selling it for money i guarantee that we would do whatever we could to get the book recalled, and official apology, and some of the money made off our own slandering. seems OK to me.

theicecreamdan
12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't think he's going to win anything with the lawsuit. He's a public figure, the "facts" are satire.

Trying to sue a publishing company over this is weak.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52567
He has already said that he doesn't mind them and they are just harmless fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell
Precedent.

Subzeroqc
12-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Someone's bank roll was running low....

12-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I would do the same thing if I was him.

ThatGuy
12-23-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't think he's going to win anything with the lawsuit. He's a public figure, the "facts" are satire.

Trying to sue a publishing company over this is weak.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52567
He has already said that he doesn't mind them and they are just harmless fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell
Precedent.

Again, it's harmless when it's shown on the internet for all to see.

It's a problem when it's put in a book and SOLD in stores. Now someone is making money off of something they don't have permission to use. That's illegal.

Matej
12-23-2007, 05:31 PM
The Chuck Norris jokes got old two years ago, I'm glad he's trying to put an end to it, but at the same time he keeps making commercials and profiting on it, which is kind of hypocritical since he's fueling the fire. The commercials are pretty funny though, especially when I first saw them on tv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mg8EMmOWQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzhfkJHq7SY

ThatGuy
12-23-2007, 05:34 PM
He's not complaining about the jokes, so it isn't hypocritical.

He's complaining because someone is making money off his name without his permission.

DreamN
12-23-2007, 05:36 PM
it's not hypocritical in the fact that he's actually chuck norris and isn't even complaining about the jokes, he can make money off his own name. But for someone with no permission to either the "facts" or use of chuck norris' name begins to make a profit from both is a definite no no.

Matej
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah you guys are right, I assumed he was just sick of people making jokes about him, but I just read the article and I guess he's only concerned about the book being published without his permission.

12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
He will win, but I would have rather seen a youtube video of him roundhousing the author Ian Spector.

Antihero983
12-23-2007, 08:28 PM
i know im not focusing on the point here, but his real name is carlos?!

huh????

DreamN
12-23-2007, 08:33 PM
carlos = charles. nickname for charles = chuck.

muddafakka
12-23-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't blame the guy.

jskateborders
12-23-2007, 10:14 PM
I, too, was annoyed by the influx of the shit, but a lawsuit is a bit fucking much.
I was gonna say just that

firelizard
12-23-2007, 10:15 PM
If he's contributing the lawsuit money to charity anyways (and not some republican's campaign -_-) I'm all for it.

I've been tired of Chuck facts for a long time already. And Chuck is actually somewhat of a douche.

Helghast
12-24-2007, 01:10 AM
My cousin is a teacher at San Clemente, one of her student is Chance Norris.

Chuck's Grand-daughter.

I'll meet this guy one day, and I'll roundhouse kick him in the face.

Fershure.

RedStage
12-24-2007, 03:32 AM
I wouldn't want people making money off of me either if I was worth writing a book about.

But there has to be more behind it. I bet he's getting pressured to cry....

Farzam
12-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Chuck Norris is really cool but it's not something you talk about

It's just something you acknowledge and giggle in your head about.

eastcoastS14
12-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Chuck's Grand-daughter.

I'll meet this guy one day, and I'll roundhouse kick him in the face.

Fershure.

and it will be the last thing you ever do....or at least the last day you have use of both legs:D

Gnnr
12-24-2007, 08:20 PM

Chuck's Grand-daughter.

I bet she's giving her straight A's. haha

ixfxi
12-25-2007, 03:33 AM

ahem... CARLOS. ;-)

98s14inaz
12-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Why did he do that Mountain Dew (or whatever it was) commercial then? It was the same sort of thing and he didn't have a problem cashing the check then.

ThatGuy
12-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for reading the whole Thread before you posted.

Why did he do that Mountain Dew (or whatever it was) commercial then? It was the same sort of thing and he didn't have a problem cashing the check then.

Also, if you look at the basis of the commercial, he was getting back at the people and embarrassing them the way they had embarrassed him. There was actual meaning to the commercial, not just making a buck.

"Suck my Balls"??
Give me a break. What are you 12?

98s14inaz
12-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for reading the whole Thread before you posted.

"Suck my Balls"??
Give me a break. What are you 12?

It's still weak. If he was smart he'd just keep his mouth shut and enjoy the free publicity. You can't buy publicity like that, Chuck Norris is a household name now. I did read the whole thread, I felt like commenting on the fact that he is ok with it as long as they are paying him. I don't like celebs like that.

What is it with my sig that is setting everyone off? Did you get some coal in your stockings? It's a joke full of sarcasm. Have you ever watched South Park? I have no idea why you keyboard jockeys take this stuff so seriously. If it is against board policy show me the rule and I will change it. If you want we can go get some coffee and hash this out. Remember at the end of the day, it's still the internet and none of it matters.

ThatGuy
12-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Ahhh, South Park humor. That explains everything. :rolleyes:

Mindless, immature, bullshit. A cancer of today's youth.

DreamN
12-25-2007, 02:41 PM
" I said... (grabs speaker-phone) 'Why don't you suck mah balls, Mr. Garrison?'"

^ :rofl: loved that movie.

98s14inaz
12-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Ahhh, South Park humor. That explains everything. :rolleyes:

Mindless, immature, bullshit. A cancer of today's youth.

Well at least you know where I am coming from then. Are we ok or do you need a hug or something?

Liberals = cancer of today's youth...but that is a discussion for another day.

BTW, I love your sig banner. Boondock Saints is one of my favorite movies.

Back on topic...something about Chuck Norris

ThatGuy
12-25-2007, 02:54 PM
No, I don't need a hug from you, ever.

Hopefully you aren't implying that I am a liberal.

Boondock Saints is the best movie to have never been released in the theaters.

Chuck Norris is right to sue and shut these idiots down.

98s14inaz
12-25-2007, 02:59 PM
No, I don't need a hug from you, ever.

Hopefully you aren't implying that I am a liberal.

Boondock Saints is the best movie to have never been released in the theaters.

Chuck Norris is right to sue and shut these idiots down.

lol, good. I was bluffing about the hug anyway. I wasn't arguing whether or not he had the right. I'm saying that it is weaksauce and it will come back and bite him in the sunset of his career. Chuck's tv shows suck and his movies were all the same guy kicking everyone's ass. This would have saved what was left of his career if he just let it go and went with the jokes. Now he has his money and no one is laughing anymore. His 15 minutes are about up.

I don't know you well enough to know if you are a liberal or not. Wasn't calling you one either. Just commenting on society.

Farzam
12-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I think 98s14 has started on the wrong foot hahaha

But yeah

Idk

IMO Chuck's got lots of publicity, but maybe he takes cancer seriously and it hurts his feelings to hear that joke.

Who knows?