PDA

View Full Version : infiniti ex35, your take?

JoeC1982
12-21-2007, 06:53 PM
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/roadtest/08.infiniti.ex35/08.infiniti.ex35.act.f34.2.500.jpg

i'm thinking i may pick up one of these late next year for a DD as the 240 project has already gotten a little out of hand. i'm thinking black with some gold 20's with polished lip would like pretty nice. price is right too at 30k for a base without leather/sunroof which are 2 things i don't like anyways.

SimpleS14
12-21-2007, 07:02 PM
It's a nice CUV...I look at it as a taller G35 with decent storage.

Are you looking at this because of the space capacity it has? and/or aesthetics?

silviaguy240
12-21-2007, 07:14 PM
It's a nice CUV...I look at it as a taller G35 with decent storage.

thats exactly what it is. its built off the g35 frame.

S14DB
12-21-2007, 07:36 PM
How does this compare to the FX?

shifteds14
12-21-2007, 08:01 PM
get a used fx 35 or 45 just pimp simply just pimp

muddafakka
12-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I like them.

Go for it.

eastcoastS14
12-21-2007, 09:37 PM
go QX56 or go home

12-22-2007, 12:10 AM
I personally dont like the styling... but great vehicle nonetheless.

JoeC1982
12-22-2007, 12:39 AM
go QX56 or go home
more than i need, my favorite daily driver car i've had in the past was my 05 TSX. perfect size and nice luxury but fwd and lack of power were the downfall, although i'm curious to see what the 09 remodel will have.

DreamN
12-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Used FX > EX

I would have preferred a wagon version of the sedan rather this crossover CUV thing. I like it and all, but just don't see the need for it.

JoeC1982
12-22-2007, 01:22 AM
i like the new G35/G37 a lot but this coming in at a lower price(for a base rwd anyways) is a great introduction since they beat the benz glk and cadillacs new small suv to the punch. the acura rdx is a cool little ride too but is overpriced and not nearly as attractive.

as an example would you rather have the EX or the new Murano? i think most would agree the EX is a better value as long as lots of storage capacity isn't a huge concern.

SimpleS14
12-22-2007, 07:13 AM
as an example would you rather have the EX or the new Murano?

I would take the Murano.

exitspeed
12-22-2007, 08:00 AM
How does this compare to the FX?

The EX is a G35 sedan. It performs like one too. For the extra weight it's only one second slower 0-60 then the G35, quarter mile time is 14.8. Not too bad. Basically if you want a G35 but need a little more room to haul stuff, etc, then this is the way to go. So comparing it to an FX is pretty much like comparing a G35 to an FX, but with a cargo area.

Nicole and I are planning on buying one come spring. A Journey (top) model w/ AWD and Nav runs about $40k. Compare that to an FX35 with Nav, and your looking at $45k+. Compared to a FX45...well, those go up to $60k.

MotorWeek just happen to do a review on this car two days ago, so it's all fresh in my mind.

B18C5MK1
12-22-2007, 10:14 AM
personally, i dont like ANY suv / cuv...
its all about sportwagons motherf***ers!

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/2392IMG_8616a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p5063ccf88d104ef03070698a9611af8e/f93ed9c8.jpg

http://tedserbinski.com/files/e39_wagon.png

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008_mercedes_c63_amg_new_estate_official_image003 .jpg

silviaguy240
12-22-2007, 05:31 PM
eh they're kinda beat in person. they just got them in next door a couple of days ago and the really look out of proportion. looks too mutated, but yea wagons ftw.

s13Dr1ft
12-22-2007, 06:30 PM
just goin along with the sport wagons lol..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/s13dr1ft/16937835_l.jpg

SHIFT_*grind*
12-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Fuck me, those BMW wagons and that last Audi wagon are amazing. :eek: If I had to pick something to haul kids around in and I didn't have to worry about money, it'd be a B6 S4 Avant or a 540iT (or even 325iT) with all the M goodies I could throw at it.

Oh, and on-topic: I like the EX, this is the first I've seen of it. At first it just looks to me like a slightly smaller FX, but it sounds like it performs pretty decently.

exitspeed
12-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Here are some better pics too.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee99c2b/cmd.233/enclosure..ee99c2c
http://www.autospies.com/images/users/Agent001/IMG_4929.jpg

kyoru
12-23-2007, 01:18 PM
looks pretty good, just needs paint on the two tone parts

ronmcdon
12-24-2007, 02:01 AM
the ex is alright. I think it may take away sales from a lot of the existing nissan/infiniti products more than anything else. If it were me, it would either be a G35 sedan for a fun luxo-mobile, or a cheaper Murano if hauling stuff around was the priority,

That aside my fav will always be wagons. since they're already mentioned, i'd have to go with the euro station-wagons. my fav in the past was the Audi B5 S4/RS4 wagons (prefferably in Nogaro blue). I also wish the 335 came in a wagon body.

the Audi A3 is fun car no doubt (esp with the turbo 2.0fsi, damn audi for not have awd with it tough), but the thing is more of a hatch than a wagon. you can barely haul anything in there.

ixfxi
12-25-2007, 03:29 AM
i hate all these fuckin piles of shit

after sleeping on this for a bit, i wanted to come back to this stupid thread and say again:

i hate all these fuckin crossover pieces of shit

"crossover" what a stupid fucking idea.

either sell a wagon or shut the fuck up, quit selling these "pseudo" minivans. fuckin things look like turds.

day 3, i still fucking hate these crossover cars........

thanks for reading

exitspeed
12-26-2007, 02:45 PM
They're better then big ass SUV's which we have a fucking TON of in WI.

For someone like me and my wife, they are handy. She needs a larger cargo area for all her real estate signs, AWD (we got 22" of snow thins month it would sure be handy), I can tow my fishing boat, extra cargo area for the thousands of trips I take to Home Depot / year.

Yea there are wagons, but Nissan/Infinity don't make any. Not that I'm a huge loyalist or anything, but Inifity's styling is just killer right now.

sub9lulu
12-26-2007, 02:47 PM
i hate the jack up g35 look
the FX on the other hand is hot
FX > other sport wagon > EX

B18C5MK1
12-27-2007, 01:49 PM
They're better then big ass SUV's which we have a fucking TON of in WI.

For someone like me and my wife, they are handy. She needs a larger cargo area for all her real estate signs, AWD (we got 22" of snow thins month it would sure be handy), I can tow my fishing boat, extra cargo area for the thousands of trips I take to Home Depot / year.

Yea there are wagons, but Nissan/Infinity don't make any. Not that I'm a huge loyalist or anything, but Inifity's styling is just killer right now.

in that case, with the boat and all, i'd opt for an infiniti... i'd probably go with the fx though, but thats just me.. i did RE for a while, before the housing in so cal went to shite. still have my license though... anyway, i had a saab 9-5 wagon, the cargo space was sufficient enough and bringing clients around was a breeze.

i suppose if i ever really had to get an suv, i'd go for an X5... those look the best, imo. the X6 is garbage though... not to thread jack, but is the X6 really in the works? i think bmw must have hired some of the former diamler chrysler designers... they're whole line is going to crap. started with the 7 series in 03 and went down hill from there. ugh. sorry for the rant.

30k is not too bad for the ex... thats probably the best deal on a new suv/cross-over... it'd look good rollin on duece duece's w/ a polished lip. do it man. just dont get that champagne color. reminds me of my grandparents.

exitspeed
12-27-2007, 01:56 PM
in that case, with the boat and all, i'd opt for an infiniti... i'd probably go with the fx though, but thats just me.

30k is not too bad for the ex... thats probably the best deal on a new suv/cross-over... it'd look good rollin on duece duece's w/ a polished lip. do it man. just dont get that champagne color. reminds me of my grandparents.

We looked at the FX's, With Nav they shoot up there. For a FX35 it was like $46+k. FX45's went into the mid $50's.

The EX should top out AWD, w/ Nav just below $40.

The FX's come in a color called Beryllium, which I hope the EX's come in. It's pretty sick.

kensreliableb18b
12-27-2007, 01:59 PM
was considering this a while back.

if i were you, and i was in your shoes before, i'd wait a bit, dont really know if this model will fly or not. i think acura's rdx isnt doing all too well right now, just for comparison.

i ended up getting another car. good luck to you tho.

exitspeed
12-27-2007, 02:10 PM

if i were you, and i was in your shoes before, i'd wait a bit, dont really know if this model will fly or not. i think acura's rdx isnt doing all too well right now, just for comparison.

I don't like the RDX's at all. My wife HATE'S how they look. They look like they are trying to be too techy and edgy. The EX looks like a taller EX wagon and looks hot for a CUV.

Plus RDX is FWD based and the EX is RWD based. It's a no brainer.

B18C5MK1
12-27-2007, 02:16 PM

i actually like the rdx... reminds me of a Q7 from the back... i dont know why, i just always confuse them from a distance... my fiance really loves audi's, so sometimes i'll be all "yeah i really like that Q7.." then we'll get up close and its a rdx and she just shakes her head... :/

the EX from what exitspeed said, seems like the best thing to go with. my brother got a chrysler pacifica... i'm always like, nice 4 door minivan bro. i hate that thing.. i think they paid like 26k w/out navi, but with awd... still looks like a crappy mini van to me though, all it needs is a sliding door.

also, a lot of people i've talked to compare the EX to the lexus RX... im not really particular to the RX though... infiniti is really setting the bar high. i dont think the RX can compare with the EX, maybe with features, but not with price...

exitspeed
12-27-2007, 02:21 PM
i actually like the rdx... reminds me of a Q7 from the back... i dont know why, i just always confuse them from a distance... my fiance really loves audi's, so sometimes i'll be all "yeah i really like that Q7.." then we'll get up close and its a rdx and she just shakes her head... :/

the EX from what exitspeed said, seems like the best thing to go with. my brother got a chrysler pacifica... i'm always like, nice 4 door minivan bro. i hate that thing.. i think they paid like 26k w/out navi, but with awd... still looks like a crappy mini van to me though, all it needs is a sliding door.

also, a lot of people i've talked to compare the EX to the lexus RX... im not really particular to the RX though... infiniti is really setting the bar high. i dont think the RX can compare with the EX, maybe with features, but not with price...

Pacifica is a big POS. That's why Chrysler just AXED it a question. GONE! Most cars/trucks/suv/etc that see only one gen usually suck.

The RX = FX/MDX segment.

The EX is quit a bit smaller. More like the RDX size. From the reviews I've read the EX is actually pretty low and doesn't really look like a CUV but more like a G35 wagon.

INeedNewTires
12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
I work at an infiniti dealer, I just drove the EX and it is by far the smoothest car in the infiniti lineup (yes much smoother than M even), however handleing has alot more body roll and nose dive under braking than the FX.... Plus for the size and features, an FX can be had for within 2k of the EX... just so you know this month an FX can be bought for 4k back of invoice and the dealer still makes ~$500 in holdback.... Tell them you'll give them a good survey and they'll cave in about 10 min of negotiating... (this info is for zilvian eyes only)

Also FYI, EX will not have "non leather" surfaces nor will you find a base model for at least 5-6 mos unless it was ordered by the dealer, they always come out with the higher end models first.. plus the 360 degree camera WHOOPS ASS, esp for those who cant drive/park (women)

Sitting next to the G there is quite a difference, it does NOT look like a wagon esp when sitting next to it, pics above are deceiving... i snapped a few i can take some more later when the light is better of all 3 including a G parked next to a EX next to an FX....

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/ineednewtires/P1010711.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/ineednewtires/P1010709.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/ineednewtires/P1010710.jpg

muddafakka
12-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Why must people insist on putting shitty wheels and tacky grilles on luxury vehicles?

JoeC1982
12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Why must people insist on putting shitty wheels and tacky grilles on luxury vehicles?
x2, those wheels are hideous.

i'm down to the EX unless i can find a low mile FX or even possibly a 03 M45 since they are stupid cheap on the used market.

exitspeed
12-28-2007, 07:56 AM
That last pic kinda makes it look like an FX. Minus those shitty wheels and grill I really like it. I can't wait to see one.

WTH doesn't Infinity have the "build your EX" option up yet? Shit Saturn even has theirs up for the Astra.

jackjack
12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I personally dont like the styling... but great vehicle nonetheless.

same here :bash:

muddafakka
12-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Besides the EX, have you considered one of these?
http://www.scoobyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/new_forester2.jpg
Subaru Forester 2.5 XT

exitspeed
12-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Besides the EX, have you considered one of these?
http://www.scoobyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/new_forester2.jpg
Subaru Forester 2.5 XT

Trust me, my wife wouldn't be caught dead in that car. Hell she thinks the LGT is ugly.

I didn't marry her for her taste in cars though.:fruit:

muddafakka
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Haha

I never really paid much attention to those things until recently. They've grown on me.

ixfxi
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
what happened to my 3 consecutive posts saying how shitty crossover SUVs are? how are people going to know and remember my words of wisdom, unless there are THREE solid reminders, telling people to STAY AWAY.

dont delete my posts, ever EVER again... admin,.................. OR ELSE

i'll shit zilvia DOWN. i gave this place life, AND ILL TAKE IT AWAY. heheha

Gnnr
12-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Basically if you want a G35 but need a little more room to haul stuff, etc, then this is the way to go.

From Edmunds

2008 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Interior:

* Front Head Room: 40.5 in.
* Front Hip Room: 55.1 in.
* Front Shoulder Room: 55.6 in.
* Rear Head Room: 37.7 in.
* Rear Shoulder Room: 55.2 in.
* Rear Hip Room: 53.7 in.
* Front Leg Room: 43.9 in.
* Rear Leg Room: 34.7 in.
* Luggage Capacity: 13.5 cu. ft.
* Maximum Cargo Capacity: 14 cu. ft.
* Maximum Seating: 5

2008 Infiniti EX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Interior:

* Front Head Room: 40.5 in.
* Front Hip Room: 52.9 in.
* Front Shoulder Room: 54.8 in.
* Rear Head Room: 38.4 in.
* Rear Shoulder Room: 55.1 in.
* Rear Hip Room: 50 in.
* Front Leg Room: 44.3 in.
* Rear Leg Room: 28.5 in.
* Luggage Capacity: 16.8 cu. ft.

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Interior:

* Front Head Room: 40.8 in.
* Front Hip Room: 54.3 in.
* Front Shoulder Room: 56.9 in.
* Rear Head Room: 39.5 in.
* Rear Shoulder Room: 57.4 in.
* Rear Hip Room: 55 in.
* Front Leg Room: 43.9 in.
* Rear Leg Room: 35.2 in.
* Luggage Capacity: 27.4 cu. ft.
* Maximum Cargo Capacity: 65 cu. ft.

It has 2.8 cu ft more of storage than a G35 and way less than a FX. It has less rear leg room than a G35 as well. They don't list a maximum cargo capacity for the EX. :confused: In that sense, I'd rather pick up a used FX or a G35, I prefer their styling over this as well. And like someone else mentioned , a Murano may be a better choice (haven't looked at the specs).

exitspeed
12-29-2007, 08:20 AM
what happened to my 3 consecutive posts saying how shitty crossover SUVs are? how are people going to know and remember my words of wisdom, unless there are THREE solid reminders, telling people to STAY AWAY.

dont delete my posts, ever EVER again... admin,.................. OR ELSE

i'll shit zilvia DOWN. i gave this place life, AND ILL TAKE IT AWAY. heheha

You feeling ok? Nothing was deleted. You've only posted once in this thread. :ughd:

ixfxi
12-31-2007, 08:55 PM
You feeling ok? Nothing was deleted. You've only posted once in this thread. :ughd:

no no, i posted several times... 3 in a row, once every day.... all saying the same thing, that these crossover cars suck.

anyway, happy new year everyone. and stay away from cars that you can fit the entire family in. unless your married with children, theres NO reason to own a car that sucks.

exitspeed
01-01-2008, 11:29 AM
no no, i posted several times... 3 in a row, once every day.... all saying the same thing, that these crossover cars suck.

anyway, happy new year everyone. and stay away from cars that you can fit the entire family in. unless your married with children, theres NO reason to own a car that sucks.

So since I don't have kids I'm supposed to only buy 20 year old 240's or sports cars.

Cars aren't everyone's only hobbies on here.

SHIFT_*grind*
01-01-2008, 12:03 PM
If you can find something that will haul your stuff, perform well enough not to be boring, and look decent (at least to you), then go for it. I sold my RB20 S13 because I wanted something more practical and I was getting sick of it, so I got a 97 Pathfinder.

Of course, that was retarded, because the Pathfinder had no balls whatsoever in 97 and it was EXTREMELY boring; I sold it a year later. Automotive ADD is a bitch. :(

exitspeed
01-17-2008, 08:02 AM
We stopped by the Infinity dealer since they just got in the Ex's. You guys were right. It's really too small for what we were thinking. I mean it's barely bigger then a G35. Sharp looking vehicle, but I really don't see the point of it. For the price and size, why not just buy a G35x? I dunno.

Looks like we're back to the Murano.

JoeC1982
01-17-2008, 08:06 AM
base price on the 09 muranos went down 1500 across the board, i think a base awd is just under 28k but they go up quickly with the option packages. i was looking at my latest accessory info and Nissan is offering a full aero kit for it too.

exitspeed
01-17-2008, 08:10 AM
base price on the 09 muranos went down 1500 across the board, i think a base awd is just under 28k but they go up quickly with the option packages. i was looking at my latest accessory info and Nissan is offering a full aero kit for it too.

Can you give me a price? SL AWD, Nav. And some info? What colors are availible with the black Interior?

JoeC1982
01-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Can you give me a price? SL AWD, Nav. And some info? What colors are availible with the black Interior?
http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/news/pricing/09_murano.pdf

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/2009vehicles/murano/specs.pdf

i don't have a color chart on them though, i really like the Tinted Bronze color.

exitspeed
01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
^
Sweet thanks! Is the Tinted Bronze a new color? We initially wanted white, but you can't get black interior with white. So then we decided we would get that dark gray. Weird too that they replaced the SE model with the LE.