PDA

View Full Version : *** Is Drifting A Fad?***

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
As you may know, over the years drifting has become a very popular form of motor sport. Such movies as “cars” and “Tokyo drift” have made this “sport” popular, especially with the Jap lover crowd. Now this purposes a question, is drifting just a fad? Surely it’s not a real motor sport, as almost anybody can lose control of a RWD car, especially one that has some power. However, when drag racing first came out, it was probably thought of as just a fad. Moreover, drag racing takes more skill. So im asking you fellow zilvians, many of which are professional drifters, do you think drifting is a fad? I personally find drifting to be just a silly fad, like pokemon. BUT I do enjoy it sometimes, and I do find it fun.

tunerzimage
12-20-2007, 01:32 PM
wow........no wonder you have so many red squares. better put your flame suit on. Drifting is not a fad, its a motorsport. Its a style of driving. Its a specific racing line you take, sideways. Do your research next time.

Drag racing takes more skill than drifting? i beg to differ buck rogers.

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 01:34 PM
wow........no wonder you have so many red squares. better put your flame suit on. Drifting is not a fad, its a motorsport. Its a style of driving. Its a specific racing line you take, sideways. Do your research next time.

Drag racing takes more skill than drifting? i beg to differ buck rogers.

Well I think drifting is indeed a fad and yes drag racing actually takes a lot of skill.

brndck
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
[SIZE=3]Surely it’s not a real motor sport, as almost anybody can lose control of a RWD car, especially one that has some power. /SIZE]

wow, get ready for more red squares. the whole point of drifting is to maintain control. jackass.

12-20-2007, 01:38 PM
pointless thread. Drifting is not a fad... it's a motorsport. Is NASCAR or Formula 1 a fad?

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
wow, get ready for more red squares. the whole point of drifting is to maintain control. jackass.

Sir, I gave my opinion and ask for yours. I dont appreciate you calling me names. I just got done being pinked for a week and Im trying to set myself on a good path on zilvia.net, so please either give your honest opinion or leave my thread.

SHIFT_*grind*
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
I think you're gonna have to try harder. And no.

12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Sir, I gave my opinion and ask for yours. I dont appreciate you calling me names. I just got done being pinked for a week and Im trying to set myself on a good path on zilvia.net, so please either give your honest opinion or leave my thread.

"Surely it’s not a real motor sport"

You will receive A LOT of people's opinions on that comment... so i'm sure you will get the attention you want.

DUFFM4N
12-20-2007, 01:43 PM
drag racing takes more skill? :rofl:

s13gold
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM

you beat me too it. LOL.

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Yes it takes much more skill. You try driving one of the 4000RWHP RWD dragsters down a 1/4th mile at 230mph under 4 seconds, I bet you cant...however I bet a pro drag driver could easily drift.

DUFFM4N
12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
you beat me too it. LOL.

cuz i live my life a 1/4mi at a time...because drag racing takes more skill :2f2f: :loco:

Okinawandrifter87
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Hang on. Rev rev, gas, shift gas shift gas shift gas shift. WOOWWW Were blown away at all the "SKILL" it takes for drag.. un huh.. suurreeee... mods lock this retarded pointless thread. Enjoy your red skittles buddy!

kensreliableb18b
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
why do you even ask these questions? you know what kind of responses you're gonna get.

as almost anybody can lose control of a RWD car, especially one that has some power...moreover, drag racing takes more skill

so how do you come to that conclusion? i would never diss drag racing, as it requires much skill on many levels. what gives you a right to say drifting takes no skill? you can pull off 4thgear drifts and nail the apex of a corner at ease? i applaud you...

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Hang on. Rev rev, gas, shift gas shift gas shift gas shift. WOOWWW Were blown away at all the "SKILL" it takes for drag.. un huh.. suurreeee... mods lock this retarded pointless thread. Enjoy your red skittles buddy!

Read my post ( #11 ), its far from easy sir. :loco:

VROOOM
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
im not sure how long a judged motorsport can last to be honest. but then i have no idea how nascar got so popular.

tunerzimage
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Well I think drifting is indeed a fad and yes drag racing actually takes a lot of skill.

wow. i guess you dont race your car. if you did, you might know a bit more about motorsports.

:jerkit:

pignose4life
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
everyones opinion is different except for drag racing being tougher than drifting, if you think about it drag racing is like taking off from a red light with a high powered car and trying to get to the next red light as fast as possible.

SHIFT_*grind*
12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
"Hey guys, I think I got off on the wrong foot here and I really want to start fresh. I'm ready to play nice now. So, now that that's out of the way, you're all talentless posers and your 'motorsport' is a joke that anyone with 4 limbs can perform flawlessly. What's your opinion?"

You may as well edit your first post to this, it's more straightforward.

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
im not sure how long a judged motorsport can last to be honest. but then i have no idea how nascar got so popular.

True, NASCAR doesnt really need a judge though. NASCAR is real racing, first person to cross the finish line wins..

tunerzimage
12-20-2007, 02:00 PM
True, NASCAR doesnt really need a judge though. NASCAR is real racing, first person to cross the finish line wins..

Do you even know the roots and heritage of drifting? Do really have to teach you?

"As a practical description, drifting is a high-skill, high-energy display of car control in which drivers slide their vehicles from side to side at high speed through a marked course or section of a permanent circuit."

Thats quoted from the D1 website. Do i need to tell you anymore??

revat619
12-20-2007, 02:02 PM

as a opposed to drifting being fake racing?

Please stop talking out of your ass. Drifting was never said to be a RACE. It is a motor sport, but its winner isnt determined by who gets across the "finish line" first. Its about driver skill, speed, style, etc.

Thats just as stupid as talking down about the Moto stunting at the x-games because it isnt a real racing.

Can someone please ban this clown already. Seriously.

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
as a opposed to drifting being fake racing?

Please stop talking out of your ass. Drifting was never said to be a RACE. It is a motor sport, but its winner isnt determined by who gets across the "finish line" first. Its about driver skill, speed, style, etc.

Thats just as stupid as saying the stunt biking at the x-games isnt a real sport cuz they're not racing.

How am I a clown? And I agree drifting should not be racing, its just find sliding and stuff.

revat619
12-20-2007, 02:06 PM
shouldnt be?

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

IT ISNT!

STFU already.

kingkilburn
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
But how does a sport as predictable as nascar stay around for like sixty years? I know the drivers are skilled I just don't see the enjoyment in watching it. Dirt track races are fun to watch while still being a turn left type of race.

i guess what I'm saying is that it's not about how skilled the drivers are but how exciting it is to watch/participate.

SimpleSexy180
12-20-2007, 02:08 PM
you did not comprehend a word that revat said did you?

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
But how does a sport as predictable as nascar stay around for like sixty years? I know the drivers are skilled I just don't see the enjoyment in watching it. Dirt track races are fun to watch while still being a turn left type of race.

i guess what I'm saying is that it's not about how skilled the drivers are but how exciting it is to watch/participate.

Yea nascar is boring to watch I just like the crashes and the roars of the engine to be honest.

Okinawandrifter87

Already in the process my friend. :naughty:

SimpleSexy180
THEN stick to being in the crowd.

DONT drive cars.

SimpleSexy180
12-20-2007, 02:10 PM
peter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

Peter_North
12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Already in the process my friend. :naughty:

Hope that makes you feel like a big man, banning a kid that just asked for some opinions.

RHS13KNetics
12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
This thread is pointless and this statement is retarded.
"Moreover, drag racing takes more skill" wtf?
drag racing consists of what? Drive in a straight line, shift at the right time, slam gas.

how about drifting? you have the freakin laws of physics regulating what happens to your car if you make one slight mistake.
soo many more factors to worry about. speed, angle, braking, countersteering, throttle control.

any drifter in here could hop in a 67 gay ass mustang or some 10 second civic and blaze down the track. maybe not as good as most drag racers but consider those drag racers trying to hop in a 240sx and make a crowd roar.

well... hitting walls makes the crowd roar ;)

Phlip
12-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I am not about to sit and let this flamefest build