PDA

View Full Version : Surgeon in Hot Water After Photographing Patient's Tattooed Genitals

RJF
12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Surgeon in Hot Water After Photographing Patient's Tattooed Genitals
Wednesday, December 19, 2007

PHOENIX —

A surgeon faces a disciplinary hearing for snapping a photo of a patient's tattooed genitals during an operation and showing it around to other doctors.

Mayo Clinic Hospital administrators said Dr. Adam Hansen, chief resident of general surgery, admitted taking the photo with his cell phone on Dec. 11. The tattoo on strip club owner Sean Dubowik's penis reads: "Hot Rod."

Dubowik, who had undergone a gallbladder operation, said he learned of the photo Monday when the Mayo Clinic called.

"I got a strange call after my surgery from a doctor who said there was a problem. He said Hansen was on the phone and would explain," he said.

Dubowik, 27, said Hansen told him he took the picture while inserting a catheter into his penis. A member of the surgical staff made an anonymous call about the photo to The Arizona Republic on Monday.

"He told me he didn't want me to read about it in the newspaper first," Dubowik said.

Hansen wasn't available for comment Tuesday and has been placed on administrative leave. He could face a range of punishment from probation to dismissal.

"Patient privacy is a serious matter, and photographing someone in this manner without a good reason is something we will investigate down to the last detail," said Dr. Joseph Sirven, education director for Mayo Clinic Arizona, the hospital's parent organization based in Scottsdale.

Dubowik said he got the tattoo on a bet and that "it was the most horrible thing I ever went though in my life."

He said he planned to contact an attorney.

"The longer I sit here the angrier I get," he said.

qwikspool
12-19-2007, 08:57 PM
man that sucks for the doctor. yeah i work in a hospital and patient privacy is a must. that doctor deserves to get fired.

Subzeroqc
12-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Haha great find!!

I'm doubting my heterosexuality right now, I was hoping for a pic lol.

muddafakka
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Doctors are always doing stupid shit. What else is new.

cc4usmc
12-19-2007, 09:31 PM
damn... who takes a photo of a dudes penis? i don't care if it had mother Mary's face on it.

!Zar!
12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
http://www.carforums.net/images/smilies/more/0ttiwwop.gif

downshift_sideways
12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
http://www.carforums.net/images/smilies/more/0ttiwwop.gif
fuking gross:ugh:

Farzam
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Lol

HOT ROD

jrocslider
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
i doubt they'll release the pics to the public

S13SilviaGirl
12-20-2007, 01:29 AM
damn! haha That surgeon is screwed...

azndoc
12-20-2007, 01:34 AM
What an idiot.

See just goes to show not all doctors are smart like everyone assumes they are.

Matej
12-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Guy deserves the embarrassment for making a stupid bet and going through with it. Normal people don't tattoo their penis, though seeing as he's a strip club owner he was probably forced to do it with a gun to his head, in which case who cares about sleazy dudes like that. If I was a surgeon who had to operate on some guy with Hot Rod tattooed on his penis I'd think it was funny too, I'd tell everyone about it, it'd be like Scrubs.

SW20Racer
12-20-2007, 01:35 AM
first thing that came to mind was "its not "2 wicked" now, its the hot wad!"

but yeah, that dude must be bored snappin pics of some dude's junk

12-20-2007, 04:37 AM
lmfao

"hot rod"

jackjack
12-20-2007, 10:45 AM
stupid. obviously shouldnt have done that. lol @ hot rod though.

Phlip
12-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I was gonna get a tattoo like that, but the artist was unwilling to commit to the time it would take to tattoo "antidisestablishmentarianism" on me.

murda-c
12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
I was gonna get a tattoo like that, but the artist was unwilling to commit to the time it would take to tattoo "antidisestablishmentarianism" on me.

or he didn't have a needle small enough....

sorry you had that one coming

axiomatik
12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
being a doctor definitely does not mean that you are smart. my wife (PhD in Microbiology) was a TA for some med-school classes. she has told me stories of some of the stupid things her students did.

i wonder if the tattoo has a flame job?

Subzeroqc
12-20-2007, 03:37 PM
See just goes to show not all doctors are smart like everyone assumes they are.

Wow what a great conclusion lol......

yudalicious
12-20-2007, 03:52 PM
if I were the surgeon, I'd thought it was funny as hell too, the topic would definitely come up as a drinking story. I wouldn't take pics though; figures it was a surgeon, they tihnk they can get away with anything, hah.

yudalicious
12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
being a doctor definitely does not mean that you are smart.

Almost everyone I met in med school is pretty smart (not just more academically inclined or more hardworking than the average person). Especially surgeons, being a surgeon is no joke. The ones your wife met are probably headed toward careers in family care ;]

Matej
12-20-2007, 04:17 PM
The guy has most likely saved countless lives, he deserves to have a little fun at some strip club owner's expense. Whether you became a surgeon because you truly want to help people, or you're in it for the money, or because you're a total perv, as long as you're able to save someone's loved one it doesn't matter to me.

prang11
12-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Lol

HOT ROD

So true, hahaha

Jung918
12-20-2007, 04:35 PM
The guy has most likely saved countless lives, he deserves to have a little fun at some strip club owner's expense. Whether you became a surgeon because you truly want to help people, or you're in it for the money, or because you're a total perv, as long as you're able to save someone's loved one it doesn't matter to me.

There are other ways to have fun then to do something as reckless as that. Most likely his career is ruined. Good job ACE

s13Dr1ft
12-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Id tattoo my junk, great conversation peice.

yudalicious
12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
There are other ways to have fun then to do something as reckless as that. Most likely his career is ruined. Good job ACE

His career's not ruined, not even close I'd say.

Subzeroqc
12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
He was probably just telling some guy in a bar about it and the guys was like " Dude, it ain't true without a screenshot".

So he took a pic. Sounds legit in court right?

SiI40sx
12-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow, uhhh why not just ASK the fuckin guy if you can take a picture of it??? I mean the doctor is already working in that area and its not like he's not looking at it. So why would the guy decline on the doctor taking a picture?

Phlip
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow, uhhh why not just ASK the fuckin guy if you can take a picture of it??? I mean the doctor is already working in that area and its not like he's not looking at it. So why would the guy decline on the doctor taking a picture?

The guy was sedated, he had just undergone an operation, the doctor was inserting a catheter.
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=456&sid=1313127

Jung918
12-20-2007, 07:54 PM
His career's not ruined, not even close I'd say.

Have you ever heard the story of the greatest bridge builder? Well, he made the worlds strongest, longest, and most beautiful bridge. However, he liked to shove hamsters where the sun don't shine. How do you think people will remember him by?

Now think about the hospital and if they want to hire a doctor that can't even act professional.

rps13drift
12-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Id tattoo my junk, great conversation peice.

Haha! I've got a tatoo on my junk! Its of a taxi that turns into a schoolbus!..j/k

yudalicious
12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Have you ever heard the story of the greatest bridge builder? Well, he made the worlds strongest, longest, and most beautiful bridge. However, he liked to shove hamsters where the sun don't shine. How do you think people will remember him by?

Now think about the hospital and if they want to hire a doctor that can't even act professional.

Now did it cost several hundred thousand dollars of real money and ten long years to train the said imaginary bridge builder? He'll get what's coming to him, though I'd be really surprised if his career is over.