PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Forum

exitspeed
12-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Ha, you were probably like WTH is Mel talking about? Basically it's the concept that foreshadows the next Quest. Weird looking. :sadwavey:

Next month in Detroit, Nissan will show the world the FORUM, a minivan design study that probably hints at styling cues and features under consideration for whatever's destined to replace the current Quest. After reading Nissan's hyperbolic press release (it's pasted after the jump), one might think the FORUM is single-handedly capable of restoring the American nuclear family dynamic through its feature set alone. Seriously, there's a line in there that calls the vehicle a "unique family 'togetherness' space." I have one of those, too: it's called a house.

The FORUM's most touted features are its trackless doors, b-pillar-less construction, and swiveling 2nd row Turntable Seating. The doors utilize a new patented hinge that allows for sliders without the unsightly track line on the bodywork. That, combined with the elimination of the b-pillar, allows the side of the van to be opened wide for easy access when the front door is also open. In reality, the pillarless construction is probably just there to better show off the concept's interior, which is highlighted by a motorized, swiveling second row seat that can be rotated 90 degrees to look out the side of the van, or 180 degrees to face the third row passengers.

Other interesting features include a small built-in microwave sized just right for popcorn, wireless tv monitors, an audio muting/intercom setup called "Time Out," second and third row surveillance cameras "Kids' Cams" and the around-view parking assistance system introduced on the Infiniti EX35. Is it the ultimate family pod? Well no, since the concept has no engine. Nissan says a clean diesel would be a natural fit for it if it were to arrive in the marketplace, though.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/12/nis_forum_hi_01.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/12/nis_forum_hi_03.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/12/nis_forum_hi_05.jpg

BIZERK
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Thats a very interesting interior design haha. Not sure how i feel about the 2nd row turnable seats. The seats do look wicked though

Antihero983
12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
looks like the bridge of the enterprise....

"mr worf, warp 5 to taco bell"

"yes capt. picard."

ill take mine in black with TE37s on it :)

jackjack
12-18-2007, 10:22 AM
^lol. nice.

hmmmm.......... looks like the xb's dad, or maybe uncle.

Dirty Habit
12-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I really like the inside. Nice brown leather, woodgrain dash incorporated with a futuristic look. Awesome. The outside is very interesting, Im still not sold on it. But if it actually comes out looking like that, I would consider buying one to haul my youngn's around in..if I had any.

SochBAT
12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Totally reminds me of Late 60's, Early 70's concepts of minivans.

Futuristic and nice, but not feasible in todays roads. Maybe in 10 years?

Subzeroqc
12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
No way those pivoting seats are crash test worthy, same goes for side impacts without the B pillar. Its a cool concept, but I don't see it making it to the showroom floor anytime soon. Then again, I'm no engineer and I guess if they invested millions in a concept, they probably think they can pull it off.

bamaboy
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
i like it....but we know it will be watered down if it ever makes it to production.

s13poop
12-18-2007, 08:06 PM
that interior is a trip

kinda reminds me of my aunts old ford ecoline or at least i think thats what it was called

it had seats like that in there i thought that was more of a 70's/ 80's deal??

but the mini van looks great maybe soccer moms can ride in style now

qwikspool
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
i like the interior but the seat color is bleh. i have to see this in person.

NemeGuero
12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
EEWWww wtf..

except for the pimp status LOUNGE inside.. shits dope for partying.

Phlip
12-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Holy "this monitor is only 19 inches" pictures, batman.
Nah, but I am not sure I am fond of it, though.

downshift_sideways
12-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Bang bus FTW.

azndoc
12-18-2007, 10:47 PM
That shit is pimp.

I'd get one if I had the reason or money.

jfc3po
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
haha...word....minivan with suicide doors...shits pimp....

WTF is that big ass chrome thing near the steering wheel?

axiomatik
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
looks badass. the minivan segment desparately needs an infusion of style.

No way those pivoting seats are crash test worthy, same goes for side impacts without the B pillar. Its a cool concept, but I don't see it making it to the showroom floor anytime soon. Then again, I'm no engineer and I guess if they invested millions in a concept, they probably think they can pull it off.

those particular seats, or swiveling seats in general? the new chrysler minivans already have swiveling seats, though they swivel independently.

NemeGuero
12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
actually it looks like barf.

except the interior.

eds13
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
interior is balla. be even better in black leather...:drool

IIIXziuR
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
That interior would never see production.
Its like barbershop meets the Enterprise minus Jean Luc Picard

NemeGuero
12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
That interior would never see production.
Its like barbershop meets the Enterprise minus Jean Luc Picard

best discription... evar

eastcoastS14
12-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I would buy it and have crazy amounts of sex inside

12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I like it.... sort of like a portable living room.

PRADOgy
12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
The front looks like a cats face

Man that interior looks insane!

HaLo
12-19-2007, 02:43 PM
looks like the bridge of the enterprise....

"mr worf, warp 5 to taco bell"

"yes capt. picard."

ill take mine in black with TE37s on it :)

OMG, I laughed out loud at work!! haha!