PDA

View Full Version : Rollcages

posdrift240
12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Why The Hell does everyone love the 240sx rollcages? I mean you cannot find a bolt in 8-10 point cage less than 800$ Whats so special about these cages compared to other cars? Hell I can buy a 10 Point certified cage out of summit for a camaro for less than 500$ I think its a market rip off!!!

I personaly would never give anyone 800$ to build me a cage. Im working on mine and its going to cost me about 200$ in materials. and im goint 12-14 point.

Cusco might be quality but its a name brand rip off!!!!
Just like HKS,Greddy,ETC

I think Ill trust my own welding in a 100+MPH flip!!!!

JVD
12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Why The Hell does everyone love the 240sx rollcages? I mean you cannot find a bolt in 8-10 point cage less than 800$ Whats so special about these cages compared to other cars? Hell I can buy a 10 Point certified cage out of summit for a camaro for less than 500$ I think its a market rip off!!!

I personaly would never give anyone 800$ to build me a cage. Im working on mine and its going to cost me about 200$ in materials. and im goint 12-14 point.

Cusco might be quality but its a name brand rip off!!!!
Just like HKS,Greddy,ETC

I think Ill trust my own welding in a 100+MPH flip!!!!
Great... Build everyone cages for $200. kthxbye.

BustedS13
12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
why would you buy a bolt in cage, or even look for one, unless you like dying?

SW20Racer
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
bolt in is sucktastic dude you could find way better things to gripe about (and gripe to yourself while im thinking about it)

edit: better thought, rather than posting shit like this with your bottom lip quivering, go build your own cage, take pics, brag, and offer to make cages for members here. then you wouldnt be swimming in a sea of red and your life in general will be better for it

Okinawandrifter87
12-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Fail for pointless griping. At least gripe about something with some kind of a cause.

MELLO*SOS
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM

Not sure what the point of this thread is besides to complain?

Once you get your cage all done, if people (hopefully) admire your work and want one for themselves, do you plan on charging them for materials only? I was curious how many hours do you have invested into your cage so far?

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
12-17-2007, 03:33 PM
edit: better thought, rather than posting shit like this with your bottom lip quivering, go build your own cage, take pics, brag, and offer to make cages for members here. then you wouldnt be swimming in a sea of red and your life in general will be better for it

good point. some green for you and red for op!:mrmeph: :keke:

posdrift240
12-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Bolt in cages are pointless. But bolt in cages give you materials to work with for making a nice weld in cage!!

What im complaining about is why these cages are so expensive for our cars only. SO don't Rep me for making a statement.

So any of you guys built or plan on building a cage?

deadpirate
12-17-2007, 03:39 PM
i plan on having my friend do a cage for me. he works as a builder at universal studios and has built rollcages before. he will be doing my cage.

Brian
12-17-2007, 03:39 PM
yeah.... bolt in cages are pointless.

yeah right.

you guys are idiots.

blind leading blind...

BustedS13
12-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Bolt in cages are pointless. But bolt in cages give you materials to work with for making a nice weld in cage!!

What im complaining about is why these cages are so expensive for our cars only. SO don't Rep me for making a statement.

So any of you guys built or plan on building a cage?

a local shop here will build an SCCA legal six point cage for less than you're quoting for some junk bolt in. i think

a.) your numbers are off
b.) you're out of your element
c.) that cage really tied the room together

LongGrain
12-17-2007, 03:43 PM
yeah.... bolt in cages are pointless.

yeah right.

you guys are idiots.

blind leading blind...

werd, nothing wrong with bolt-in

posdrift240
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
The Replies you guys leave are something I would expect from asking a 2 year old Kid... You guys really need to grow up!! It was a statment and I was asking if any of you know of a good cage someone builds for our cars besides the rip off Cusco cages?

I swear I feel like im in a Honda forum asking a Nissan question. I honestly know now why Domestic owners HATE IMPORTS!!!!

BustedS13
12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I swear I feel like im in a Honda forum asking a Nissan question. I honestly know now why Domestic owners HATE IMPORTS!!!!

i own a honda, a nissan, and a ford. I HATE ME

jackjack
12-17-2007, 03:55 PM
i own a honda, a nissan, and a ford. I HATE ME

DAMN............. i hate you too now :fawkd:

:love:

OP: EVERYTHING is expensive when you look for quality parts for our cars. you should know that by now.

azndoc
12-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Battle Version sells pre-made cut outs of a six point weld in roll cage with side x bars.

I have that in my car now and AP did the welding for me.

I like it.

codyace
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Hell I can buy a 10 Point certified cage out of summit for a camaro for less than 500$ I think its a market rip off!!!

Did it ever dawn on you that they produced a ass load more camaros thatn 240's, and that there are assloads more Camaros in competition than 240's? Obviously not. Gonna complain that a 4 cyl header costs as much as v8 headers do too?

800 is a fantastic deal for a real deal, certified, safe cage, installed by someone who knows what they are doing, or that has experience.

Wow, 200 bucks for pipe (maybe). Now what about the pipe bender, the band saw, the welder, the time involved with ripping the cage out, the time involved with making the cage, and then not really knowing what you're doing?

People pay big bucks for good cages for a reason. Not because they want to flaunt money.

Great... Build everyone cages for $200. kthxbye.

LOL. It's kids like him that have no clue what simple materials cost...

Do you have any on track or have seen on track crashed involving bolt in Roll bars/cages? I have. Bolt in applications work, and will save your noggin.

Nice secure bolts > shoddy welds (regardless of looking good or not).

SW20Racer
12-17-2007, 04:35 PM
mistake number 1 12-17-2007 04:40 PM Better thought!!! Ill keep my cage and my Ideas to myself. I would never share any good information with Zilvia you all suck ass!!! I love my sea of red so get the hell out of it!!! HAHA

mistake number 2
its not that every bolt in cage is crap. but what he is talking about doing is buying shit cages then hacking them up for his own designs.
i base this statement off the reasoning that if he was buying QUALITY bolt in cages and hacking them up, HE'S STILL A MORON when he COULD buy a quality bolt in cage, intsall it, then add his own points to it

edit: mistake #1 is only half a mistake, i dont care if you think "we all suck ass" and wont share your "good information" with us, but please, PLEASE keep your cage and ideas to yourself

/thread

vvtisupra
12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Cheap cages are gay. 99.9 percent of them sit low and near your head. They sacrifice safety for ease of installation. This is a lame subject....

Oh and while we are on the subject. You can buy a Gforce driving suit for 300 bucks while alpine star sells one for 700. You should start a new thread on that.

MELLO*SOS
12-17-2007, 07:59 PM

Custom fab > bolt in, same with 90% of other stuff for our cars..

Speaking of bolt in..

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/nenhenry/zasb2/Untitled-224.jpg
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=162581&highlight=cusco+cage+s14
(http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=162581&highlight=cusco+cage+s14)

blu808
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
ewwiwop.

$200 cage is fine if you are building a boat ancor our of erw seem tubing.

I would personally only use cromoly or dom. A cromo cage is usually about $500 just in materials alone for 1-5/8" .095.

Then figure in the 20 hours of tig welding.
10-25hours of bending/ notching.
steel plate for mounting points/gussets
dimple died gusseting?

Then you are looking at why a legitimate competition cage should be around $1700-$2500 depending on options for a 10-12 point.

Healtoeae86
12-18-2007, 01:02 AM
haha no way you can build a cage for $200...nothing that is "safe".

ThatGuy
12-18-2007, 05:08 AM
You didn't start this thread to ask any questions. You asked it solely for the purpose of bitching and boasting about your supposed "Fab Skills".

The only questions you asked in your initial post were, "Why The Hell does everyone love the 240sx rollcages?", and, "Whats so special about these cages compared to other cars?".

The first question was pointless and only used to break the ice to start your complaining. The second question has already been answered in this thread.

You think you can make a better cage for $200? Then do it.
Come back with pictures and specs when you do. Just don't start any more whiney threads.