PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt for S13 Help

Kwonza Says
12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok i spent a long time looking through the threads and didnt find any on a case where my driver seat broke and replaced with an aftermarket seat. So along with my stock broken seat there was my buckle for my lap and I accidently threw the seat away<---urgh!. So I decided not to wear it and just ride with the automatic one. ( I know foolish of me and im doing the right thing by fixing this ASAP) This is where u guys can help me out. Can u tell me any other alternatives besides Welding the buckle or s14 manual seat belt. Its dangerous of me to ride in my car w/o it so now im taking action to do something about it...Reading the threads i bought a new 4 point NRG harness but I want to wear stock ones on the street. So again is there another way besides welding the lap seatbelt buckle on or manual s14 seat belt. Thanks for the help. Redirecting me to links for this would be helpful too thanks everyone.

BattleRoyale
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM
go to the junkyard pick up what u need

be careful not to get flamed hahahaha

Kwonza Says
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM
go to the junkyard pick up what u need

be careful not to get flamed hahahaha

Trying not to..haha I tried searching it and what i got most is Welding or conversion..Well yeah off to finding a stock seat belt buckle and try to weld it..or sommething like that im trying to find alternatives juss a 240 driver in need of help. Thanks was going to do that anyways or buy it off someone local here :)

BlackTruenoAE86
12-11-2007, 11:32 PM
just get s14 seat belts

rlpinoy
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
ya get the s14 belts save yourself the trouble.

Skullavera
12-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Ok, I'm having a little trouble understanding the responses here. How would getting S14 seat belts help the situation at all? From my understanding, the driver side seat was replaced with an aftermarket seat and the driver seat was discarded without removing the lap belt buckle. Without it, the S14 seat belts will buckle to nothing.

My question to the OP:

How did you bolt in an aftermarket seat? What rail did you use? If the rail was for an S13 then it should have a bracket for the lap belt buckle to bolt onto. If that is the case then all you need to do is source one and bolt it on.

If the rail for your seat has no bracket for the lap belt buckle then you will have to weld it on.

Kwonza Says
12-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Ok, I'm having a little trouble understanding the responses here. How would getting S14 seat belts help the situation at all? From my understanding, the driver side seat was replaced with an aftermarket seat and the driver seat was discarded without removing the lap belt buckle. Without it, the S14 seat belts will buckle to nothing.

My question to the OP:

How did you bolt in an aftermarket seat? What rail did you use? If the rail was for an S13 then it should have a bracket for the lap belt buckle to bolt onto. If that is the case then all you need to do is source one and bolt it on.

If the rail for your seat has no bracket for the lap belt buckle then you will have to weld it on.

Ahh ok ill check that out in auto class today yeah i got Sparco speed and with sparco brackets so yes maybe there will be something there Thanks thats the kind of advice I need THANK YOU :bow: And thanks for everyone input yeah hope i didn't resort to s14 seat belt even tho I heard that those are better. But yea now need to find that buckle I threw away...