PDA

View Full Version : free vista ulitmate in exchange they monitor you..

HyperTek
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
http://wfp.microsoft.com/

supposibly legit, free vista ultimate, in exchange microsoft monitors your ass for 3 months.. hahah
its soo they can study how people use the software... says they wont record what sites etc you go to, mostly to see what files you access in the OS etc..

im dam tempted to go for it.. just gotta be "sober" for 3 months if you know waht i mean heheh

If you do legal things, its probably a good deal

BustedS13
12-11-2007, 12:12 PM
nice! i had vista for a little while, but the hassle of getting around registration (and the lack of third party support in the first month of its existance) steered me back to XP... but it's about time for me to grow up and get a legit copy of windows, maybe i'll dual boot this.

Phlip
12-11-2007, 12:21 PM
So I get a shitty OS, AND the benefit of big brother watching me as I look at titties and hash out my plans for world domination?

I will keep using XP pro, thanks though.

azndoc
12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Uhhh no thanks.

!Zar!
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
I have a legal copy of vista business for sale if anyone is interested. Legit and all.

Vista sucks.

Shit is gayer than a bag of dicks.

DreamN
12-11-2007, 12:27 PM
ahh... but it looks so pretty :D

but yeah, no thanks.

BustedS13
12-11-2007, 12:27 PM
all aboard the "my computer can't handle the new OS so it sucks" train! woo woo!

Vista is a great OS. the majority of older computers can't handle it.

and before we even get there, Windows holds a 90% world market share.

HyperTek
12-11-2007, 12:28 PM
benefits would be direct x 10, and goin 64 bit.. windows xp 32 bit cant handle more then 3.5 gb of memory.. so this would be more future friendly as XP is starting to get crimped..

Lurpin
12-11-2007, 12:59 PM
i run vista on my new computer and i like it, it works just fine for me. it's pretty fast, but that might be because i have 4gbs of Ram. I heard you need more memory to run vista anyways, or at least to make it run smoothly.

HyperTek
12-11-2007, 01:35 PM
shit.. jus install it on someone elses legit computer who doesnt really do anything lol

HyperTek
12-11-2007, 02:10 PM
ok game plan.. get an extra hard drive.. install xp onto that.. and jus boot that hd everynow and then and surf the net.. then go back to ur OG drive

CAPoweredS14
12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Vista is great if you have brand new components and they make vista drivers. I have a strong system but I didn't replace my soundcard or wireless adapter because they work fine. So I can't get XP 64-bit driver or Vista 32 or 64- bit drivers for those. I can let Vista run my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card but then I cant use the extra features the card has like stream recording or presets on the mixer. Also, since I have V2 Linksys Wireless NIC I can't get drivers but if I had V4 iirc or above I'm good. I have 2 gigs of memory, AMD 64X2 4600+ and I run it fine. But I have to have my wireless and I really prefer to have my music and games sound the way they do. I just can't justify upgrading just for an OS that is still having this many bugs... Mac Leopard FTW.....

StaticX27
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Honestly, I haven't had too many problems with vista. A fe bugs, but overall its not bad, but it's very much in the "All your resources are belong to us" heading. I haven't worked with too many OS's that require 2gb of RAM to function smoothly. Although the majority of the stuff I get is from stupid people who don't know how to run a computer.

But hey, from a tech stand point. Vista could have been released as SP3 and M$ wouldn't have lost too much.

BustedS13
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
alright, time to play the specs game.

my comp:

AMD Athlon64x2 4200+
2gb ram
old ass 6800GT video card

....and vista runs fine. if you can't run vista properly, that means your computer is shittier than mine. and mine cost about 500 to slap together, not including the 2TB of storage.

Andrew Bohan
12-11-2007, 02:40 PM
vista is fine for me too
2 year old dell latitude, 2.13ghz, 2gb, ram no problem

!Zar!
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
My computer has TONS of money in it. I never wonder about if it can handle anything. I just don't like vista. I ran xp and vista on the same os. Then I got sick of vista. So now only a couple of my laptops are running it.

As for now, I'll continue with xp.

Simple as that.

My pc is 2months old and getting re birthed constantly...

S13Boosts
12-11-2007, 02:46 PM
haha Im good with that:ugh: but hey its free

SimpleS14
12-11-2007, 03:03 PM
hmm....I might make a thread to see what the Zilvia census is on Vista...but this thread explains quite a bit. The offer is interesting, but I have two legal copies of Vista and I'm not interested in installing it on my desktop and/or laptop.

Tired Vista Ultimate and really not worth the $$$ in my opinion.

I'm going to skip Vista entirely and wait for 'Windows 7'. I'm happy with Server 2003 (basecode used in Vista) on the desktop and XP on the laptop.

I like the backend of Vista...but still...I can find similarities in Server 2003 (for what I do). If the rumor is true, that 'Windows 7' is a completely new kernel...it might get interesting.

UNISA JECS
01-10-2008, 04:14 PM
I love my Vista Premium its a nice upgrade from XP pro, I have no problems running vista at all, here are my computer specs:

Athlon 64 X2 (W) 5200+ 2.6 GHz (65W)
2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
Socket AM2
2GB 240pin, DDR2 SDRAM PC2-5300 MB/sec
2GB Readyboost USB Flash drive
320 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec), 7,200rpm
Integrated graphics Nvidia GeForce 6150SE

P.S. The Readyboost feature really does make a difference on Vista if you guys have not used it that are running vista.

tougejunkie
01-11-2008, 01:25 AM
vista is way too diffrent i love my xp

UNISA JECS
01-11-2008, 01:43 AM
My take on Vista is, its just like XP but without having to dig for tweaks, they all ready put them there in your face.

hustlervibes
01-11-2008, 03:14 AM
i HATE vista. I just got it on my new laptop and it sucks hardcore. Lags unbelievably on start up and I'd have to say it's the smartest dumbest os out there.

theronin
01-11-2008, 03:38 AM
So I get a shitty OS, AND the benefit of big brother watching me as I look at titties and hash out my plans for world domination?

QFT! the only way your going to get xp off my computer is over my dead body.

TOMKAIRA93
01-11-2008, 06:54 AM
i HATE vista. I just got it on my new laptop and it sucks hardcore. Lags unbelievably on start up and I'd have to say it's the smartest dumbest os out there.

That's odd man, my vista powered laptop starts up mighty fast in comparison to my XP computer. You probably got a defective copy. :eek:

So far Vista has worked fine for me.

Rkesh88
01-11-2008, 07:23 AM
ive used vista before on my cousin laptop and its a pita, i prefer XP but my ftw goes to my osx leopard.

aznrib
01-11-2008, 08:05 AM

so true, theres still so many bugs with that OS and not to mention it takes alot of resources for it to run the way it was designed. Not worth it at all.

Rkesh88
01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
someone said something about this windows 7, when is it supposed to come out?

95Blue240sx
01-11-2008, 09:59 AM
tempting, but with all the shit I do FBI would show up at my door.

98s14inaz
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I got a free copy of Vista with the laptop I bought and I still cringe at the thought of installing it. I just got xp mce the way I like it, no way I am going to mess that up and have MS watching me. No thanks.

95Blue240sx
01-11-2008, 12:01 PM
sell it to me

HyperTek
03-29-2008, 03:38 AM
got my confirmation email today they will be sending it to me withen the next few weeks =p

flip3d
03-29-2008, 08:41 AM
I got a free copy of Vista Business 32-bit from school.

My specs:

Q6600
Asus Striker Extreme
4x 1GB Crucial Ballistix
8800GT 512MB (9800 GX2 after tax return :) )
2x 250GB HD in RAID 0

Funny thing is, this damn setup cost me an arm and a leg and I dont even touch it anymore now that I got my S13 :P

Grendel
03-29-2008, 09:13 AM
My piece of shit laptop that ran WoW at 10 fps ran vista just fine. I like how pretty vista is, and once you turn off that user account control or whatever it's not bad at all. Having the OS constantly ask you if you are sure you want to do something is so annoying...

ryguy
03-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I like how Vista looks / feels compared to XP. However I have a few issues with it on my new laptop, came with vista premium installed.
2.0 GHZ Core2 Duo
2gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT
BD/DVD-RW

The first issue with the computer is that the BD/DVD-RW drive will not play nice with Vista. Every time I install iTunes the drive disappears from My Computer and becomes inoperable. If I delete the registry value in iTunes that burns CDs it's fixed, but then I can't burn CDs in iTunes. This may not be visa's fault, I dont know.

Second issue is Windows Update does not work. I shut the computer down after updating it and after 12 hours it was still trying to install the updates before shutting down. I manually shut it down and now it does not update anymore.

Also, I have a problem with getting access to move files. I am the administrator and the only user on the computer. It always tells me that I do not have permission to delete or move some files. For this reason I cannot fix the Windows Update problem.

Overall I like Vista. It is buggy though.

SR240DET
03-30-2008, 02:52 AM
psshhh.... windows. Im using the Commodore 64 right now as we speak.

M4Rl0N
03-30-2008, 02:56 AM
I heard vista was gay.........but thats what i heard.

Pank
03-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Vista is great if you have brand new components and they make vista drivers. I have a strong system but I didn't replace my soundcard or wireless adapter because they work fine. So I can't get XP 64-bit driver or Vista 32 or 64- bit drivers for those. I can let Vista run my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card but then I cant use the extra features the card has like stream recording or presets on the mixer. Also, since I have V2 Linksys Wireless NIC I can't get drivers but if I had V4 iirc or above I'm good. I have 2 gigs of memory, AMD 64X2 4600+ and I run it fine. But I have to have my wireless and I really prefer to have my music and games sound the way they do. I just can't justify upgrading just for an OS that is still having this many bugs... Mac Leopard FTW.....

Even though this is old, I had to point out that this has NOTHING to do with Vista being shitty at all. it has to do with Soundblaster/Creative Labs being fucking lazy and not releasing drivers for a new OS. XP was so good because everyone had drivers out for it before it was released, since it was off the NT kernel. Vista, unfortunately, isn't. Over half the vista crashes have been caused by janky ass nvidia drivers.

There is a fuckload of uninformed people here who are badmouthing Vista without even knowing what the fuck they're talking about. ram limitations for example.

That being said, I don't even like/run vista, so its not like i'm a fanboy.

HyperTek
03-30-2008, 01:00 PM
that reminds me, recently my friend bought vista, i originally game him parts for his pc, like a creative live 2 sound card which in my opinion is still pretty bombness.. and hes complaining the card dont work in vista so he wants to get somethin better lol

kornaz
03-30-2008, 03:06 PM
I used Vista at my girls house, and it's alright. I think it's not worked out completely yet. Some bugs here and there.

HyperTek
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
update- sweet got my copy.. they send 32bit and 64 bit- so basically 2 legit cd keys for 2 copies. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee