PDA

View Full Version : Vermont Customer Sues Burger King After Finding Unwrapped Condom in Sandwich

RJF
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
:barf:

Vermont Customer Sues Burger King After Finding Unwrapped Condom in Sandwich

Saturday , December 08, 2007

MONTPELIER, Vermont —

A man who says he bit into a Burger King sandwich and found an unwrapped condom inside has sued the owner of the restaurant.
Van Miguel Hartless, 24, of Fair Haven, said Friday he bought the Southwestern Whopper at a Burger King in Rutland on June 18 and made the discovery when he got home and started eating it.

"My third bite into the burger, it was just a foreign taste," he said. "It was a very sour, bitter sort of taste. It almost had a numbing sensation.

"As I went to bite down a little harder, I felt a rubber grind in between my teeth. I saw it half in my mouth, half hanging out. It was an immediate sick-to-my-stomach type of thing."

Hartless said he waited three weeks before contacting an attorney. His lawsuit, filed Nov. 16, names store owner Carrols Corp., of Syracuse, N.Y., and seeks damages for pain and suffering, emotional duress and medical expenses.

Messages left with Carrols Corp. were not returned Friday. A spokeswoman for Burger King said it has referred the matter to Carrols Corp.

Similar claims have turned out to be fraudulent in other cases. A California couple was sentenced to nine years in prison in 2006 for planting a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili in a scheme to extort money from the fast-food chain.

Hartless, a student at Green Mountain College, defended his claim.

A search of court filings in Rutland Superior Court — where Hartless' suit was filed — and the Civil Court in El Paso, Texas, where he lived before showed no prior or existing lawsuits, according to the Rutland Herald, which first reported the lawsuit Friday.

Hartless' lawyer, Devin McLaughlin, said he had Hartless undergo a lie detector test before the suit was filed, and that he passed "with flying colors."

Hartless said he has suffered from vomiting, nightmares and emotional distress. He said he also has incurred medical expenses, because he is worried about whether the condom had been used.

He said stored the sandwich and its original wrapper in a plastic bag in a freezer in his garage.

Matej
12-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Was the condom filled with mayonnaise?

Sil-Abc
12-08-2007, 09:35 PM
thats fuckin disturbing. i just hate McD and now im second guessing myself...... damn u

SexPanda
12-08-2007, 09:42 PM
this is why i dont eat fast food anymore

cc4usmc
12-08-2007, 09:53 PM
He suffers from nightmares? Of what? A Burger King employee doing the American Pie with a burger?

unwed_transient
12-08-2007, 10:35 PM
"My third bite into the burger, it was just a foreign taste," he said. "It was a very sour, bitter sort of taste. It almost had a numbing sensation.

it must have been have been one of those "makes you last longer" condoms...

not that i would know or anything.

Jung918
12-08-2007, 10:40 PM
He suffers from nightmares? Of what? A Burger King employee doing the American Pie with a burger?

of course not. It is the King next to him when he wakes up .

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/27401.jpg

diomedes
12-08-2007, 11:28 PM
That sucks big time. Ewwwk!:barf:

Kn1ves
12-08-2007, 11:59 PM
hahahahaha i saw the title and laughed hard. is that bad?

Antihero983
12-09-2007, 12:06 AM
at least whoever made the burger used protection....you never know where the meat has been before its between the buns.....

azndoc
12-09-2007, 12:33 AM
And nismornr wonders why I don't eat bk anymore.

Not the same experience but just ate bk too much while on oki

mRclARK1
12-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Added a little "french tickle" to his burger. :keke:

Andrew Bohan
12-09-2007, 01:20 AM
20 bucks says he put it in there himself.

jackass

MegasquirtCA
12-09-2007, 08:39 AM
20 bucks says he put it in there himself.

jackass

I 2nd that agreement, college scumbag just look for a way to get his student loan payed off. I hope they do a credit check on him to see if he's in debt hardcore.

Edgar
12-09-2007, 08:51 AM
ahhhhhewwww that just sucks

FRpilot
12-09-2007, 10:05 AM
scam. who finds a freaking condom in a burger

Phlip
12-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Quick!
Someone make a lame condom/condiment pun!

mRclARK1
12-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I'd say it COULD be legit. haha

My high school gf worked at a fast food joint all through high school. I can tell you for an almost certain fact, if you've eaten fast food, call it 12 times in your life... you've likely ingested someones saliva. haha

Some guy, and it's his last day? Whips out a condom from his wallet, and throws it in there to be a douche... I can see it happening.

jackjack
12-09-2007, 11:07 AM
fake or not thats just nasty.

muddafakka
12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Could be a scam...I mean look at that one time somebody "found a finger" in their chili at Wendys.

If this is for real, that's just fucking disgusting.

SimpleS14
12-09-2007, 11:12 AM
The fact that he waited THREE WEEKS before doing anything seems sketch.

motorsnail
12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
LMAO "Damn this is a good burger *then the condom slides out like a pickle giving you problems* ahhhhh AIDS!!"

I would have went to burger king killing people. I just dont see how he gets a sick stomach and files charges . I would have fliped the fuck out and throw hot grease on everyone in there im pretty sure.:tweak:

S13SilviaGirl
12-09-2007, 11:28 AM
That is worse than the Recycled condoms as hair bands!!!!

driftedfc3s
12-09-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/33496

Enough said.

12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
King is such a scoundrel. He's great.

Matej
12-09-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.funnycoolstuff.com/images/best-burger-king.jpg

s13Dr1ft
12-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Everyone on this forum knows for a fact, if they found something in there food they would file a suit in a heartbeat.

Me and a friend went to wendys and ate spicy chicken sandwhiches, he had a bone in his that got caught in his throat. Could have easily sued but took the money for the meal. He wishes he would have went further than the money back, only because it scarred his throat.

SoloSilvia
12-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Ive worked in fast food way back in the day, and seen some nasty shit, I dont know why I still eat at these places, but I do.... I could see this happening.

Reminds me of something far worse that happend at our local taco bell when I was in Highschool. A group of kids and teachers got realy sick after a lunch one day. They all had one thing in common, they all ate at the same taco bell! Long story short, they had consumed human fecies! I beleive every employee was sued and terminated that was on that shift.... not even kidding!

G-spec
12-09-2007, 07:05 PM
My $$ says he's a fraud...

SimpleS14
12-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Long story short, they had consumed human fecies! I beleive every employee was sued and terminated that was on that shift.... not even kidding!

ah man...that is some nasty shit (no pun intended).

My $$ says he's a fraud...

Agreed. As I stated before...its shady because he waited three weeks before doing anything. As s13Dr1ft stated...most (if not all) of us would do something with the quickness.

12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Ive worked in fast food way back in the day, and seen some nasty shit, I dont know why I still eat at these places, but I do.... I could see this happening.

Reminds me of something far worse that happend at our local taco bell when I was in Highschool. A group of kids and teachers got realy sick after a lunch one day. They all had one thing in common, they all ate at the same taco bell! Long story short, they had consumed human fecies! I beleive every employee was sued and terminated that was on that shift.... not even kidding!

0wned.

If I was eating shit... I think I would know and put the taco down after one bite.

motorsnail
12-09-2007, 08:53 PM
0wned.

If I was eating shit... I think I would know and put the taco down after one bite.

LOL yeah how the hell do you consume a shitaco? Its like a 50 Cent music video its sucks ass but you cant stop watching it.

yudalicious
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
0wned.

lies. taco bell meat and shit, what's the difference? I don't eat fast food much at all, but sometimes you just need to have a quick bite. I'll try to forget I read this story.

SoloSilvia
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
LOL yeah how the hell do you consume a shitaco? Its like a 50 Cent music video its sucks ass but you cant stop watching it.

haah Well the school and faculty tried to keep it closed doors, but it leaked out, I was told, they stirred it in with the meat to make it not so noticeable. Im just glad I wasnt aloud to go out for lunch in them days! lol They have also torn down that bell and put up a newly styled one in its place!

Sorry to post that, if its too vlugar, mods please delete it, but just lettin you know how sick some people are!

On a side note, I do love taco bell, and probably eat there 3-5 times a week!

And after readin this burger king claim again, I would not have waited 3 weeks, that does sound scammish to me too!

Farzam
12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
That's funny

WERDdabuilder
12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
heard he passed a polygraphed test that his lawyer asked him to take before he decided to defend him.

maybe he is telling the truth.

S13Boosts
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
haha shit nasty tho.. prob a fake!