PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Arizona Bank Robber Car Crash

mrs.drift33
12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57spvZaFrM8

"We were waiting for him to come out," said Ryan Higgins. "We thought about doing something about it, but they we heard he had a gun and said, 'Nevermind.'"

The armed robbery spree began on Nov. 20 when a gunman approached a teller at Washington Mutual Bank in Chandler and demanded money. He is believed to have struck again on Nov. 24 at a Wachovia branch bank in Mesa. On Dec. 3, police said the same suspect hit another Wachovia bank in Mesa.

The suspect robbed the Bank of America branch at gunpoint early Wednesday afternoon, then was chased through several cities east of Phoenix by numerous police officers, said Sgt. Mike Horn of the Tempe Police Department.

Speeds at one point reached 100 mph, police said. Newshawk 5 was above the chase as the suspect's vehicle weaved from freeway to freeway and onto Valley streets, putting dozens of lives into danger. At times he was even driving on the shoulder to get around other vehicles.

Officers staged at the Guadalupe underpass used stop sticks to get the driver to stop but he swerved right around them and kept going.

"We knew from the robbery that this individual had a firearm, was a very significant threat to the community," Sgt. Tim Mason of the Department of Public Safety said.

The suspect's vehicle slammed head-on into an oncoming car near McKellips Road and the Loop 101 freeway, about 10 miles from where the bank holdup had occurred.

News Hawk 5 images showed the crumpled wreckage of a small white sedan covered with a yellow tarp and the bandit's dark sedan with major damage.

Some white smoke is seen coming from the tires of the white sedan indicating he was trying to brake.

After the collision, dozens of officers were out of the patrol cars securing the scene and trying to see if they could help the victims. But it was too late.

"We've done a lot today to try and bring this to a peaceful resolution," Mason said. "Unfortunately, the suspect dictated otherwise."

Copyright 2007 by KPHO.com ([email protected]). The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

azndoc
12-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I saw a part of this on the news last night.

Me and nismornr were like whoa....

I didn't see this view of it though.

It's like he just directed his car right at the white sedan.

Damn the white sedan just crumpled.

Fuck you can hear the cars hit. Sounds awful.

mrs.drift33
12-06-2007, 03:26 PM
ya I know we were all watching news last night we were like WTF!?!?! just happened

Farzam
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Shit was fuckin intense

Any word on Supra driver?

Z33dori
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
i believe he is dead.......

dam that is fucked up....poor supra and def feel bad for the driver's family.

Bobafreak
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Its crazy looking at it you can tell he did it on purpose.There was no traffic ahead of him. Very cowardly.

azndoc
12-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Damn I thought it looked like a supra too.

But the report said sedan so I thought my eyes were just playing tricks on me.

Yeah I'm sure he's dead. They did say a big yellow tarp on the white car. I'm sure there was blood everywhere.

OUch.

Yuri
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
:-/
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=311662

j4d3_h4v0k
12-06-2007, 04:41 PM
that was some of the most fucked shit i've ever seen if your gonna try and kill yourself go drive off a cliff or jump off an over pass don't take someone else with you. poor guy just enjoyin a cruise no doubt in what looks like a tt supra (guessing from wing its a tt) couldnt imagine what he went through or what is family is goin through my only question is in the video all the cops are standin around the robbers car puttin out the fire but no one was near the supra wtf? i wouldve let that fucker burn. ok followed yuris link and saw more they did check on the supra driver but there was little they could do

Yuri
12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
The guy on EvolutionM.net said the Supra owners father learned about his son's death by recognizing his car on the news video.:sadwavey:

Edit: Looked at some stills, looks like the Supra had 19" Work Termists.
rest in peace, fellow car enthusiast.

From an AZ forum:
Guys, it's difficult for me to say this, but the driver of the Supra was my roommate. Needless to say, it's been a pretty rough 24 hours for me, but it doesn't compare to what his family has been going through.

He was just one of the best guys you could ever meet. Totally laid back and cool to hang out with. He was the type of guy that never hurt anybody. Honestly, I don't know what else to say other than he just loved that car. While it was far from the nicest Supra around, it was his and he loved it. He just had a passion for the car, that probably exceeds my own for my GTO. Even though it's been over a year, it seems like just yesterday I was helping him put a motor in that car.

RIP Alex

Here's Alex:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/chibo/499543039_l.jpg

steve shadows
12-06-2007, 04:57 PM
yeah that really is fucked up

you can see the poor bugger lock up the supra hard on the brakes

Ive done the jet ski thing before on my car too.

HE should have steered off the road.

Anyone have to do traffic school? There is that old 1980s Valvoline National Driving Test Hosted by Christopher Reeve. There is a situation posed where someone suddenly drives head on at you from another lane.

the answers were

1. Lock Brakes
2. Steer Right
3. slow down and press brakes.

mrs.drift33
12-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I know that guy was just jumping on the freeway. He had no idea what was about to happen to him.. Sucks so much. You never know what could happen to you.

qwikspool
12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
man that sucks, RIP

khilgers
12-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I can't believe people. The owner of the supra was just minding his own business, going out for a drive, and this dickless piece of shit decided to take him out. I could care less what happened to the bank robber, but the other guy was doing nothing wrong and this happened to him. My condolenses go out to his family, friends and loved ones.

s13Dr1ft
12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Truly disgusting.

kvahag
12-06-2007, 09:15 PM
damn wtf man. so many people are passing away because of stupid idiots that don't know what the fuck they're doing. i've seen like three threads in the past month. :-/ prayers go out to his family.

SimpleS14
12-06-2007, 09:55 PM
oh man....I just feel awful inside. :-/ R.I.P. and my prayers go out to Alex's family.

soon2bs13
12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
yeah, i saw this and was just like oh man!!

watching the video, NO ONE went to even help the person in the supra, even if the person did not make it through that... they were too occupied with the fucker in the altima...

rip...

Deftec
12-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Posted the video up yesterday, didn't have a link for it though. Either way, still a sad deal.

But ask yourselves...would you be this interested if it was something else...say a minivan? Sure, we all feel bad about it happening/etc and give them our condolences, but would you still have interest?

mrs.drift33
12-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Posted the video up yesterday, didn't have a link for it though. Either way, still a sad deal.

But ask yourselves...would you be this interested if it was something else...say a minivan? Sure, we all feel bad about it happening/etc and give them our condolences, but would you still have interest?

why wouldnt we??? I didnt know it was a supra till I posted it up...

heres another story.

I just found out that this happened. Angela the girl who was killed was a girl that I worked with. :-/

A teenage girl accused of racing another driver and then leading San Gabriel police on a high-speed chase that ended with a 19-year-old woman's death denied vehicular manslaughter and other charges Wednesday.

The 17-year-old Rosemead girl was released, over the prosecution's objection, to her parents' custody and ordered not to drive, according to Shiara Davila of the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

The teen, whose name is not being released because of her age, had been detained at Eastlake Juvenile Hall.

She is accused of racing a white Ford Focus against another driver in a black Scion, then accelerating to about 80 mph as a San Gabriel police officer tried to stop the two cars just before 12:15 a.m. Sunday.

The teen allegedly ran a red light at the intersection of Las Tunas Drive and Rosemead Boulevard and broadsided a Lexus ES300 driven by Angela My Chung, who died of severe head trauma and internal injuries, police said.

The occupants of two other cars hit as a result of the collision suffered minor injuries, according to investigators.

Along with vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence, the girl is accused in a Juvenile Court petition of one felony count each of evading an officer causing death, evading an officer causing injury, and reckless driving causing specified injury.

She also faces a misdemeanor count of speed contest causing injury.

The teen is due back in Eastlake Juvenile Court for another hearing on Jan. 15.

See below for more information on how you can help the family of Angela Chung.

Checks can be written to :
Angela Chung's Memorial Fund
c/0 Stacy Chung,
po Box 1016
temple City, Ca 91780

or

Woodbury University (Angela Chung's Name In Memo Space) school Of Business
7500 Glenoaks Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91510
att: Howard Fitzgerald/School Of Business

tacotacotaco
12-06-2007, 11:04 PM
in the video on the other sites link you can really see how fast and hard the altima hit the supra. Fuckin blows so bad.

ranger240
12-06-2007, 11:44 PM
absolutely appalling...

S14Josh
12-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Terrible to see.

My heart stopped when i saw the impact.

Number 1 reason i absolutely HATE un-divided highways.

Every time i go out of town i get paranoid driving down 2 lane highways. Just the thought of any random person coming into my lane, whether having a blowout, falling asleep, or like this guy did...taking his life and trying to take someone innocent with him.

My heart goes out to the family, extremely sad to see =[

Touge_Monster
12-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Two terrible stories. I cant imagine waht it would be like to loose a loved one to some idiot. Very sad. My condolenses go out to the families to the innocent victims:-/

fliprayzin240sx
12-07-2007, 01:21 AM
What the fuck, dont even looked like the cops tried to pull the guy out of the supra. There was nobody near the damn car to check up on the guy or anything. Not trying is worst thing that they could have done...

RIP...

projekt_s13
12-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Different angle, a bit clearer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qAT5AGXQqUw

Goes to show that everyday is not guaranteed..

RIP

inertiadrft
12-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Incredibly F-cked up, my prayers for his family and his soul...RIP..

Unholy S14
12-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Shit was fuckin intense

Any word on Supra driver?

dead :(

http://www.myspace.com/14975683

legacy927
12-07-2007, 07:45 AM
R.I.P. Alex............

ziptiedae86
12-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Worst time of year for something like this to happen.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Alex's friends and family.

inFAMOUSbz
12-07-2007, 10:45 AM
RIP. This is horrible and makes me sad.

zaneithan
12-07-2007, 11:06 AM
i cant even begin to fathom what was going through his head at that last moment, this just leaves a terrible feeling in my gut and its really fucked up what that guy did....prayers out to the family and all who knew him