PDA

View Full Version : Recirculating setup!

CT26
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey guys thanks for your help in telling me that im running really rich since i have an atmospheric bov, and its not recirculating back! So i was thinking, would it make a difference if i were to recirc it using this part on the IC piping, back to where it recircs to the intake? Thanks a lot guys.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Borund/12-03-07_1624-1.jpg

bigOdom1
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
just put it into your intake where the stock one was. now that you put the bov on the hot side. if it were on the cold side i would say go for it

SHIFT_*grind*
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
You mean, recirculate the air to that tube coming off the intake pipe? It won't work that way; you should be recirculating to a spot before the turbo, but after the MAF. Like your stock rubber intake tube.

LongGrain
12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
your supposed to recirculate it back into the intake between the turbo and maf.

burnsauto
12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
are you sure thats the problem? (as far as running rich goes..)

Petoria
12-06-2007, 10:59 AM
That would be alot of ugly hose not to mention would not solve a thing. put it into the stock spot just befor the turbo on the air intake.

CT26
12-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Thats what i'm trying to do. I have a rubber hose, that im gonna connect from the red square, back to the stock recirc spot, between the turbo and the maf! Where the old setup was located! Will it work?

CT26
12-06-2007, 11:02 AM
So bassicaly follow the arrows. Last arrow is going under the hotpipe to the intake!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Borund/12-03-07_1624-2.jpg

SHIFT_*grind*
12-06-2007, 11:06 AM
...Huh?

You're going to run a hose from the red square, near the throttle body, directly to the rubber intake hose?

Do you understand how the BOV works? The pipe has to go from the BOV to the rubber intake tube. So since your BOV is on the hot pipe, you won't be using that part with the red square. You have to get a recirculation fitting from HKS or a vendor, and run the recirculation hose from it to the intake tube.

CT26
12-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok, so then that wouldnt be an option. That was my question. Thanks.

SHIFT_*grind*
12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Like this. Nice and simple. The small vacuum hose running from the intake manifold to the BOV tells the BOV when to open. When you let off the gas and the throttle body snaps shut, the manifold goes from boost to vacuum, and that vacuum pulls the BOV open. The purpose of the BOV is to relieve the pressure in the intake tract (and if you're recirculating, also to avoid losing that air and confusing the MAF). So you have to connect a hose from the BOV, which is mounted on a high pressure area (intake tract after the turbo, which includes your hot pipes, cold pipes, and intercooler) to a low pressure area (rubber intake tube, after the MAF). The BOV simply opens and allows the pressure to equalize between the high- and low-pressure areas.

:)

CT26
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Well yeah, i know that way works, i was just wondering if there alternatives. Well thank you RB200SX! :). I guess i'll just not recirc it.

Petoria
12-06-2007, 11:12 AM
No it won't. all your going to do with that setup is take air going into the intake manifold and stick it into your turbo, ie BAD IDEA. While your at it loose the stock recerc tube on the front of the valve cover as ther is no need for it. Like I said befor, take that hose put the HKS recerc fitting into your BOV and then go to your air intake. To put it bluntly, Your way WON'T work but mine WILL.

motorsnail
12-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Ok, so then that wouldnt be an option. That was my question. Thanks.

Yeah the way you where trying to do it it wouldnt have even built up boost. There is a video on you tube sombody posted it was about that piston type BOV, go watch it then you will understand.:naughty:

CT26
12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Hahah, alright my bad guys, i guess it was a silly question. Thanks for your help!

g6civcx
12-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Optimal solution without moving the MAF:

1. Remove the BOV from the hotpipe and seal the flange on the hotpipe.
2. Weld a flange on the coldpipe as close to the TB as you possibly can.
3. Mount the BOV on the flange.
4. Run a hose from the BOV to the intake pipe between the MAF and the turbo.

If you want to vent to atmosphere, you need to either move the MAF or convert to MAP.

unit_121
12-06-2007, 05:19 PM
on evos they integrate the BOV into the intake pipe, after the MAF and Before the Turbo, you should get good spool and HP

SHIFT_*grind*
12-07-2007, 07:53 AM
on evos they integrate the BOV into the intake pipe, after the MAF and Before the Turbo, you should get good spool and HP

What do you mean, they "integrate it into the intake pipe"?

91gst
12-07-2007, 08:02 AM

They just have it on the cold side of the charge pipes instead of the hotside like 240's usually have. Same concept just different mounting place. The bov has to placed on a pressurized pipe (i.e intercooler pipe, after the turbo). If it were placed on the intake, before the turbo, it wouldnt do anything.

g6civcx
12-07-2007, 08:51 AM
They just have it on the cold side of the charge pipes instead of the hotside like 240's usually have. Same concept just different mounting place. The bov has to placed on a pressurized pipe (i.e intercooler pipe, after the turbo). If it were placed on the intake, before the turbo, it wouldnt do anything.

Theoretically you could put the BOV in the back seat as long as the hoses connect to the charged pipe, the intake pipe, and vacuum.

But generally you want the BOV to sit as close as possible to the TB. You also want the flange to sit as flushed with the coldpipe as much as possible to reduce pressure drop. Any extra distance between the coldpipe and the BOV = slight pressure drop.

unicoladron
12-07-2007, 08:59 AM
you should get good spool and HP

wtf are you talking about? your statement makes no sense.

unit_121
12-07-2007, 12:52 PM
If you have the motherfucking BOV between the MAf and The Turbo, with a recirculator, you can shoot the pressure back into your system instead of into the atmosphere like most blow off valves are set up do. Recirculate your shiznit man. Everyone is so fucking quick to talk shit on this forum, fucking fags

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
12-07-2007, 01:04 PM
the exact same thing happened to me but i was running it to the intake like you had asked about and that cuzed probs so jus chop it and have a plug heli arced in did the same thing wit my s14 setup and worked like a charm no it runs mint

bo2o
12-07-2007, 01:13 PM
so wat is that pipe for? on the cold side even for?

is it for oil catch can?

SHIFT_*grind*
12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
stuff

If you put the motherfucking BOV between the MAF and the turbo, it won't do anything because that pipe is not pressurized, it's under vacuum. You have to put the BOV on a pipe somewhere between the turbo and throttle body or else it won't do a goddamn thing. Then (watch this), you run a line from the BOV to the pipe between the MAF and turbo.

If you knew your ass from a hole in the ground and didn't go spreading misinformation, nobody would be talking shit.

By the way, this setup
1) is not specific to Evos, pretty much any factory turbo car with a pressure release valve works this way,
2) has nothing to do with spool, and
3) has nothing to do with horsepower.

Follow?

unit_121
12-07-2007, 01:34 PM
If you put the motherfucking BOV between the MAF and the turbo, it won't do anything because that pipe is not pressurized, it's under vacuum. You have to put the BOV on a pipe somewhere between the turbo and throttle body or else it won't do a goddamn thing. Then (watch this), you run a line from the BOV to the pipe between the MAF and turbo.

If you knew your ass from a hole in the ground and didn't go spreading misinformation, nobody would be talking shit.

By the way, this setup
1) is not specific to Evos, pretty much any factory turbo car with a pressure release valve works this way,
2) has nothing to do with spool, and
3) has nothing to do with horsepower.

Follow?

your a fucking Bitch NEg rep me fag

SHIFT_*grind*
12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I didn't neg rep you, hoss. Maybe that's everyone else who doesn't like the way you're blatantly (and angrily) spreading misinformation and advertising the fact that you have no clue how an automobile works.

Whatever.

edit: By the way, if you spend $10 to support the forums, you would be able to see who's giving you bad rep for not knowing what you're talking about.

240trooper
12-07-2007, 01:48 PM
damm, lol . My friends did that to his stock sr smic and bov, he keeps boost allround , has its pro and cons

statik
12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
If you have the motherfucking BOV between the MAf and The Turbo, with a recirculator, you can shoot the pressure back into your system instead of into the atmosphere like most blow off valves are set up do. Recirculate your shiznit man. Everyone is so fucking quick to talk shit on this forum, fucking fags

close, but not quite, you recirc the air between the turbo/maf yes, but the bov is placed after the turbo, either on the hotpipe or the coldpipe. If the valve is not after the turbo, theres no way it can work. You are clearly the one misinformed here so why don't you take it easy

WISH ONE
12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
is this really that complicated... cant we all just get along lol... the poor guy asked for some help and everything goes KABOOM! hahahahah heres a poor illustrationhttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/mikeishellafresh/recircdraw.jpg

statik
12-07-2007, 03:02 PM
is this really that complicated... cant we all just get along lol... the poor guy asked for some help and everything goes KABOOM!

I believe he was satisfied with an answer about 15 posts ago =]

240trooper
12-07-2007, 03:38 PM
haha thats zilvia for you LMAO

MAGILLA
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
count on zilvia for abstract art to go with an answer. now that's service.lol

WISH ONE
12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
more of a joke lol i was trying to show off my prestine art talents.. hahahahahhahaha.... right!

SHIFT_*grind*
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I explained it in nauseatingly specific detail, twice. An abstract drawing would have been the next natural step though, so, props. ;)

motorsnail
12-07-2007, 08:48 PM
is this really that complicated... cant we all just get along lol... the poor guy asked for some help and everything goes KABOOM! hahahahah heres a poor illustrationhttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/mikeishellafresh/recircdraw.jpg

I saved this as my wallpaper...:keke:

WISH ONE
12-07-2007, 09:27 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha

KiLLeR2001
02-25-2008, 04:27 PM
The only good thing about that drawing is Gary the turbo, he rocks.

edit: damn didn't even realize i bumped this lol. DOH!