PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Pimp C

Neejay
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
For those that haven't heard, and listens/knows about rap, Pimp C of U.G.K. was found dead today :(

EDIT: Here's a TMZ article: http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/04/rapper-pimp-c-found-dead-in-hollywood-hotel-room/

i need tires
12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
sippin' on the sizzrup!

k's_silvia2.0
12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Awwww fuck hes thew one that wore the glasse huh?
R*I*P* PIMP C :(

Bobafreak
12-04-2007, 05:35 PM
wow crazy. Never really liked the music but that sucks. Rip.

motorsnail
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Damn I remember when he was in jail all the rappers where saying "Free pimp C" in like every song..

Bobafreak
12-04-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah hes only been out what a yr or so. Then the top hit they had was the national players anthem? i just remember that chorus in my head and the video. thats why i dont like them...so stupid. But i wonder how he died.

Matej
12-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I kind of liked National Players Anthem, better than most of the garbage played on TV. Game Belongs To Me is alright too, but those are probably the only UGK tracks I've heard.

qwikspool
12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
man that sucks. RIP.

KA24DESOneThree
12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
If it was an OD or his fault, I don't care.

If it wasn't his fault, RIP... maybe.

ManoNegra
Errr... who's Pimp C and/or UGK?

Neejay
yeah hes only been out what a yr or so. Then the top hit they had was the national players anthem? i just remember that chorus in my head and the video. thats why i dont like them...so stupid. But i wonder how he died.
He's been out of jail for less than a year, but he's been out as a rapper since mid 90's...mostly underground though.

k's_silvia2.0
12-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Errr... who's Pimp C and/or UGK?

HAHA thats awesome.There music wasnt that great so dont trip Mano.

IIIXziuR
12-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Under Ground Kings
Bun B and Pimp C

Aight Aight
sucks he passed
I never was into them but I just remember him being in jail

Neejay
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
If it was an OD or his fault, I don't care.

If it wasn't his fault, RIP... maybe.Harsh, but I agree. Still sad, nonetheless even if he was weak/stupid enough to OD. The TMZ site had an update to the article saying homicide detectives were there investigating.

Errr... who's Pimp C and/or UGK?UGK is a 2-man group consisting of Pimp C and Bun B. They're a source of inspiration for a lot of rappers of today. They're "veterans", basically.

SimpleSexy180
12-04-2007, 06:43 PM
source and inspiration for SOUTHERN rap..RAP.

im kinda curious as to what happened.

ManoNegra
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Damn, I've must have been abducted by aliens and have all traces of UGK erased from my mind.

Neejay
12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
source and inspiration for SOUTHERN rap..RAP.

im kinda curious as to what happened.
Yeah, true...southern rap.

A Spec Products
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
This totally sucks

Bun B
Pimp C
UGK

Classic originators

Most people don't know UGK, but they know Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin," which they were featured on

RIP

This is some of their newer stuff, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3UblYw8fA&feature=related

UGK - Wood Wheel

Check out the wood wheel + quick release haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlJeenvBKa8&feature=related

Project Pat,Three 6 Mafia,U.G.K.-Sippin On Some Syrup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk2wAW2NByE&feature=related

Jay Z f. UGK - Big Pimpin (NWS!)

This is probably by far their most famous song (mainstream wise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAydBb5iqzU&feature=related

UGK feat. Young Jeezy Get Throwed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PgZ9bqShc&feature=related

UGK featuring Outkast-Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJBnOB1dc4&feature=related

T.I. - Front Back Feat. UGK

k's_silvia2.0
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM
^I bet they got that wood wheel from you Logan.

s13Dr1ft
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Man that sucks. UGK is crazy old school. Dude just got out too. =0(

+rep for Logan.

SoloSilvia
12-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Dam, Pimp C had one of the more original flows and voices in the game, a tru vet and inspire for alot of southern rappers these days, the game belongs to him fo sho!

RIP Pimp C :-/

fromxtor
12-04-2007, 08:50 PM
RIP, we need more underground on the radio these days. I'm tired of songs that consist of saying the same thing over and over.

chris300zr
12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
one of H-Town's finest.

k's_silvia2.0
12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
RIP, we need more underground on the radio these days. I'm tired of songs that consist of saying the same thing over and over.

Thats a pipe dream it will never happen:(.
So just compile a collection that way you dont have to hear The same old song!!!

los_inc
12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
rest in peace tony snow, sweet jones , percy mack
many names only one Pimp C
-los
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/artd/amg/music/bio/479631_pimpc_200x200.jpg

kyoru
12-04-2007, 09:07 PM
damn good and original artist, rip

S13Boosts
12-04-2007, 09:17 PM
damn rip..great songs

azndoc
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Sucks to hear.

RIP

Damn.

S14-vietusmc
12-05-2007, 01:28 AM
one of H-Town's finest.

very true. a lot of artists reference UGK as people they looked up to. damn that sucks...

kanagawa_kouki
12-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Sip drank slooooowlllly! Rest In Peace PIMP C

fromxtor
12-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Thats a pipe dream it will never happen:(.
So just compile a collection that way you dont have to hear The same old song!!!

What I meant was, all the new rap songs consist of saying the same sentance over and over:

Soulja boy off in this hoe
Watch me crank it
Watch me roll
Watch me crank that soulja boy
Then super man that hoe
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)

I don't listen to the radio much, the Titan has 6 disc in dash and and aux port for my iPod.:D

exitspeed
12-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Very sad indeed.

RIP.

Neejay
12-05-2007, 08:35 AM
What I meant was, all the new rap songs consist of saying the same sentance over and over:

I don't listen to the radio much, the Titan has 6 disc in dash and and aux port for my iPod.:D
Soulja Boy is a HORRIBLE example of "true" hip-hop.

fromxtor
12-05-2007, 08:37 AM

I concur, most of my burnt compilation CDs are songs from 92-98. :bigok:

KA24DESOneThree
12-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Honestly, though, why is it so sad when someone who obviously promoted and was part of a lifestyle which is tearing this country apart dies?

I don't give a shit if he influenced music. I give a shit about he lived his life.

motorsnail
12-05-2007, 10:57 AM

I agree ^

Anything that was made after 2002 sucks depending on who it was. Only a couple newer artist got it but they are just copying the original. Like I used to like Jeezey but then noticed it that newer song he says "Lost my mind an my cell phone in the same night". Clearly stole that off of the south park mexican.......Ive noticed it with alot of the newer artist they are stealing old shit throwing a new beat on it. It sucks.

motorsnail
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Honestly, though, why is it so sad when someone who obviously promoted and was part of a lifestyle which is tearing this country apart dies?

I don't give a shit if he influenced music. I give a shit about he lived his life.

How does music distroy a country? Come on now hilary......Honestly that came right out of hilarys brain and out your mouth. If you liscen to music then do what it says in the song you are crazy anyways and would have jumped off a bridge if someone told you to do so.

Neejay
12-05-2007, 11:45 AM

I didn't start this thread to start a debate/ask for opinions on rap. But I will say that it's very ignorant to say "rap/hip hop is tearing this country apart". It's sad because a life was lost that was very much respected. The guy wasn't hitler or a serial killer/rapist/etc, so yes, it is sad that died.

That's the last I'll discuss of that. I don't want this thread getting closed/going to shit. I was hoping there wouldn't be someone to start this up.

gottrees
12-05-2007, 03:35 PM
rip

pimp c

i loved your music

A Spec Products
12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
If thats the case, then I think a lot of people have blood on their hands

Movies, television, magazines, cigarette companies, prescription drug companies, politicians, etc

Rappers (in the generalized sense) promote an exaggerated, luxurious lifestyle, often laced with drugs, alcohol, sex, etc

Yet all of those "negative" vices can be found heavily in other forms of media as well, so why do people single out rap music?

I think its too easy to make rap music the scapegoat, whereas in reality its American society and culture that is to blame

I am a huge fan of rap and hip hop music and culture (and have always been), however I don't think it has a negative impact upon myself or my behavior

The negativity that results from rap music, culture, or their impact is most definitely a larger issue that is not based in lyrics, beats, or music

Neejay
12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
If thats the case, then I think a lot of people have blood on their hands

Movies, television, magazines, cigarette companies, prescription drug companies, politicians, etc

Rappers (in the generalized sense) promote an exaggerated, luxurious lifestyle, often laced with drugs, alcohol, sex, etc

Yet all of those "negative" vices can be found heavily in other forms of media as well, so why do people single out rap music?

I think its too easy to make rap music the scapegoat, whereas in reality its American society and culture that is to blame

I am a huge fan of rap and hip hop music and culture (and have always been), however I don't think it has a negative impact upon myself or my behavior

The negativity that results from rap music, culture, or their impact is most definitely a larger issue that is not based in lyrics, beats, or music
You said everything I was thinking when I typed my earlier reply, but I wasn't going to touch on it. lol.

blaze1
12-06-2007, 01:44 AM
I heard a few people at working talking about he sounded like every other southern rapper.... yea he does

but he has been that way for well over a decade, long before there was a soulja boy, a hurrican chris, a paul wall....

UGK came abouts the same time if not before outkast... pioneers