PDA

View Full Version : Wrong way drunk on freeway hit my friend =(

HyperTek
12-01-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.knbc.com/traffic/14736234/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news

ORANGE, Calif. -- A wrong-way motorist was arrested early Friday following a freeway collision in Orange involving her car and a vehicle occupied by two UC Riverside students, authorities said.

The crash occurred at 1:23 a.m. on the northbound Costa Mesa (55) Freeway just north of East Lincoln Avenue, California Highway Patrol Sgt. Lydia Martinez said.

The 19-year-old Glendale woman was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, said CHP Officer Denise Quesada. Her name was not immediately released.

The CHP began receiving reports of a wrong-way driver on the freeway at 1:21 a.m., Martinez said. Two minutes later a collision was reported.

The gray Nissan Altima driven by the suspect collided head-on with a blue Toyota pickup truck with a man and woman inside, Martinez said.

The wrong-way driver was seriously injured and taken to a hospital, Martinez said, adding that the victims in the Toyota were hospitalized with moderate to serious injuries.

"Both vehicles were badly damaged in the crash," Martinez said.

The pickup's occupants were both UC Riverside students, a friend told an On Scene camera crew at the accident site, adding that they were headed back to campus from an outing in Newport Beach.

The circumstances of the crash were under investigation

That was my friends truck that bitch hit...my friend is out of the hospital with a few broken bones, his girlfriend, did not make it.. =(

According to what his brother told me, this car was going the wrong way with no headlights on, they where coming back from the beach. The truck rolled over a few times, saying it was a real bad accident. Out of respect, i did not ask for any more details. This was an unavoidable accident I think... shit ive seen completely stopped cars in the middle of the freeway with no lights on at night before too...

I cant imagine what he is going through right now, i havent spoke to him yet, im real close with his brother *the one who informed me*

Stupid underage drinking bitch, karma will take its toll.. this bitch was going the wrong way on the freeway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeeper_x
12-01-2007, 10:58 AM
damn!....this bitch need a life in prison!....best of luck to him and his g/f's family!

PRADOgy
12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
I really hope she gets what he deserves.. she needs to pay the price for her stupidity. no one deserves pain for anothers stupidity!

tacotacotaco
12-01-2007, 11:03 AM
^it was a woman driving, My condolences.

eastcoastS14
12-01-2007, 11:03 AM
wow thats fuckin terrible....so sad

CrimsonRockett
12-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I really hope She gets what She deserves.. She needs to pay the price for her stupidity. no one deserves pain for anothers stupidity!

:D

Sorry to hear.

How can you be that stupid?

People these days...

k's_silvia2.0
12-01-2007, 11:07 AM
More shame brough to the Nissan name.Well alll the best to your freind, his family, and his GF family.

Farzam
12-01-2007, 11:08 AM
That's horrible to hear

RIP

Hope your friend turns out good.

Clearalbino
12-01-2007, 11:11 AM
It saddens me to hear stuff like that, I ran into a similar situation like this on my local freeway. Same incident where a man was traveling in the opposite direction of the freeway with his lights off. Lucky I was not in the fast lane but all i saw was a blur. Best wishes to your best friends gf.

GoodOl'S13
12-01-2007, 11:11 AM
:axe: damn!....this bitch need a life in prison!....best of luck to him and his g/f's family!:axe:
:werd:
This is why I don't drink & drive. It seem like the drunk driver always survives, and someone that doesn't deserve to die, dies.

LB.Motoring
12-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah friend of mine,

Let me know when he wants to hang out, Im sure he needs alone time now, but we can try to take him out later,

his gf was such a nice girl!

I swear it bad stuff always happens to the nicest of people

jackjack
12-01-2007, 11:50 AM
wow man.... i'm shocked. can't imagine what your friend is going through right now. RIP.

PRADOgy
12-01-2007, 12:03 PM
:D

Sorry to hear.

How can you be that stupid?

People these days...
^it was a woman driving, My condolences.

edited thanks

Antihero983
12-01-2007, 12:43 PM
I swear it bad stuff always happens to the nicest of people

aint that the fucking truth....:-/

To the OP-im sorry to hear/read about what happened, give my condolences to the families involved, no one deserves to experience such a tragedy.

motorsnail
12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Just retarded, why people even drive like that? I mean honestley call a cab she could have been pregnant or somthing. bitch needs some hell time for sure. Hope your buddy is doing alright.

lovely240
12-01-2007, 12:58 PM
what a stupid dumb bitch! she'll do jail for sure

MrChow
12-01-2007, 01:24 PM
That suck! I feel for your friend. It happen to my uncle.

Those are the stories that scary me to drive between 1am and 3am. It really is scary to hear that it was a 19 year "woman".

I hope everything for him and there family go alright. I'll be sure to add them to my prays.

SiI40sx
12-01-2007, 02:02 PM
This is insane, and to think I like driving fast at those times because I think the freeway is empty. I hope your friend is strong, losing someone you love can seriously fuck you up.

Matej
12-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Sorry man, hope your friend will be alright.

what a stupid dumb bitch! she'll do jail for sure
Don't be so sure, somehow young girls always seem to get off easy. I know of a few similar accidents where the girls got away with a slap on the wrist.

KA24DESOneThree
12-01-2007, 02:12 PM
It seem like the drunk driver always survives, and someone that doesn't deserve to die, dies.

The drunk is usually more relaxed and moves a bit more.

I hope they dig a 9mm or .40 cal (whatever the OPD uses) slug out of the drunk woman's head after she mysteriously washes up on the beach.

My condolences to your friend, HyperTek, and the girlfriend's family.

2iv0 sx
12-01-2007, 02:19 PM
So sad the worst thing happening at this time of the year...

I feel really bad for your friends bro.

projekt_s13
12-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow dude..... Thats so fucked up.
RIP

She better spend life in prison for that shit.

My condolences to your friends family and his girlfriends.

Sil-Abc
12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
im sorry to hear the bad news. just doesnt seem like this year is going well at all. too many gettin sick, too many accidents, too many deaths. :'c im sure she'll go to jail for a while

2ilvia
12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
thats just ridiculous

somebody end her.

condolences to anyone affected by the deceased
i wonder if her boyfriend will do the dirty job? meh it wouldnt make it any better...

thats why i dont drink period

airsoft
12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Fuck. People like this make me angry.

My condolences and prayers to the family and friends.

Side note for riders: Keep your eyes peeled on the road and scan ahead.

Not impressing the girl in a cager or staring at someone on the sidewalk!

kvahag
12-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Wow this makes me sick to my stomach. My condolences and prayers to family and friends. When will people learn to not drink and drive.

Touge_Monster
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow this makes me sick to my stomach. My condolences and prayers to family and friends. When will people learn to not drink and drive.

Exactly what I was thinking. Sorry to hear the bad news...

Matej
12-01-2007, 03:33 PM
It seem like the drunk driver always survives, and someone that doesn't deserve to die, dies.
That's true. Also, it's always the person in the passenger seat who dies.

SimpleS14
12-01-2007, 04:40 PM
oh man...that is so sad to hear. I can't imagine what your friend is going through :(

ms!3
12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
My condolences. pretty fucked up that things like this happen.

mRclARK1
12-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear. Far too many people lose someone they love to shit like that... just because one person has to be immature and irresponsible. Drunk drivers are scum. Period.

RIP

DaPCWiz
12-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow. That's really messed up. Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to your friend and his girlfriend's family.

miucus
12-01-2007, 10:15 PM
thats really sad. hope she gets what she deserves. RIP

S13SilviaGirl
12-01-2007, 10:54 PM
So sorry. Please send your friend our condolences. I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through. That dumb bitch that was driving needs to have the law of "eye for an eye" brought upon her. She should have to endure the same shit that your friends GF went through.

SochBAT
12-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Wow. Condolences Hyper.

I hate how wastebags like these disregard life and get behind the wheel.

If i had Jesus Powers, i'd totally explode her.

HyperTek
12-02-2007, 11:14 AM
I been busy this whole weekend with my things, her viewing was yesterday and i was told at teh last minute about it , i wasnt informed earlier so i didnt go...

but dam it sucks esp viewing her myspace page.... its on private but the main picture is of them together and her network status says "is missing her boyfriend"... damm thats heart crushing..

Whoever that drunk driver was, hell she could have been a great person, just threw her future away by drinking that night, and ruined the lifes of others.. Id like to know who gave that underage bitch drinks.. I think that person should be responsible too, since its against the law to buy drinks for minors. Drinking is overrated to young people seem to idolize it as being cool... its annoying as fawk.. drink responsibly... if you drove yourself, sleep in your car til your better... hell ive went out and been piss drunk before, and me and my buddy just slept in teh car til the morning when we where sober enough to drive..

Tops*
12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
That's true. Also, it's always the person in the passenger seat who dies.

It's just the natural and survival instinct for the driver to turn away from danger. Even if he would've risked his life for her.

It doesn't do anyone any good being angry at the drunk girl. Instead, let's all express our sympathy for those involved. My condolences and prayers to their family and friends.

Rest in peace.

BlackTopBomber
12-02-2007, 01:50 PM
sorry to hear about your friend.

seems that people going the wrong way on the freeway is becoming an increasing problem in socal.

cc4usmc
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Such a tragedy. Hope he can stay strong.

Pepperoni
12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
but dam it sucks esp viewing her myspace page.... its on private but the main picture is of them together and her network status says "is missing her boyfriend"... damm thats heart crushing..

omg that is so sad. i dont even know what to say :( this whole thing is so fucked up

ALTRNTV
12-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Damn Austin, sorry to hear about your friend. I know how it feels to lose someone due to a drunk driver (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=117458) (drunk driver also survived).

..so the girl was driving the wrong way on the freeway, meaning she entered the oncoming exit ramp to get there? Wow.

lovely240
12-13-2007, 06:38 PM
i hope she doesnt get away with it, that would be REAL bullshit

Sorry man, hope your friend will be alright.

Don't be so sure, somehow young girls always seem to get off easy. I know of a few similar accidents where the girls got away with a slap on the wrist.

OptionZero
12-13-2007, 06:43 PM
i would shoot her, but that would be insulting to the bullet

use a bat

azndoc
12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Damn I didn't even see this until now.

I'm sorry man.

That really sucks.

RIP to your friend's girl.

Hope that driver got life or worst.

kyles1988
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Terrible story man, I really didn't see the ending coming. And I'll agree it's always the passenger of the not-at-fault car that gets the short end of the stick.

Rob's S14
12-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear man. Condolences to all affected. I'm sure it's especially hard what with the holidays.

BustedS13
12-13-2007, 07:24 PM
that drunk should have died in the crash. hopefully she rots in prison, or gets aids or something.