PDA

View Full Version : DBZ real live movie???

240love
11-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Is any one here into or was into Dragon ball z??. I was hearing rumors of a live action movie being made but that was a long time ago and i was like nah they will never make that but today as i was listening to my local radio station. THey were interviewing Bow Wow, and they were asking him about his acting carrer, and he said that he had just gotten the script to a DBZ movie. Anyone know anything about this>?

k's_silvia2.0
11-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Might be good might not:-/

kensreliableb18b
11-28-2007, 05:09 PM
googled it and found this:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if4dd78b5e8cb039096286b7cdb7e6562

TheWolf
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Kaaaaaaammmmeeeeehhhaaaaammmmeeeeeehhaaaaaa!!!!!!!

http://www.tomshw.it/guides/gaming/game/20070402/images/dragonballzbudokaitenkaichi2_7.jpg

yeah I'd go see it...

240love
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
googled it and found this:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if4dd78b5e8cb039096286b7cdb7e6562

awsome...thanks... i can see "spike" from buffy the vampire slayer playing piccoolo

180sExy
11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow I cant wait!!!!! Just hope they dont fuck it up!

BustedS13
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
whatever happened to the live action Akira? and don't say it turned into a kanye west video.

jeeper_x
11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
it was done long time ago by a taiwanese film maker....but, it was unofficial

and was one of the the worst movie i ever watched in my life, if not the

worst....:(

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/dragonball/index.html

http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/moviesl/dragonball1.mpg

ManoNegra
11-28-2007, 06:38 PM
whatever happened to the live action Akira? and don't say it turned into a kanye west video.

Now that would be something worth seeing!
DBZ... meh

diomedes
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
I love DBZ. Hope it's a good movie.

Kuzumi
11-28-2007, 06:42 PM
woah they should not have even tried..... that was major FAIL

atom
11-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Screw that. When's the live action version of Lengend of the Overfiend coming out?

Seriously though DBZ the movie would be horrible. It's way too cartoony to be any good live action. Cowboy Bebop, Akira, or GITS would be much better choices to make into a live action movie.

ThatGuy
11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
The effects in DBZ will most likely look overly cheesey in live action.

Somethings can make the transfer from animation to live action well, i.e. Transformers.

Other things don't. I'm thinking this won't. Too many over the top characters.

240love
11-28-2007, 06:55 PM
yeah i agree with you guys, alot of the effects will suck. Like the hair thing, there is no way it would look anything like the cartoon

StaticX27
11-28-2007, 07:01 PM
In the Piccolo saga, there is no transformation into the super saiyans.. That didn't happen until the Freeza saga in Dragonball Z...

This is somewhat doable as the piccolo saga wasn't all over the top blowing up planets and such. Majin Buu's saga, that would require the budget from hell..... Which is exactly what this movie is setting up.

240love
11-28-2007, 07:04 PM
o yeah i forgot there was sagas...dam that sucks...they sould do either frezza saga or cell one

jackjack
11-28-2007, 07:48 PM
they'll probably get uwe boll to direct :keke:

SochBAT
11-28-2007, 08:49 PM
it was done long time ago by a taiwanese film maker....but, it was unofficial

and was one of the the worst movie i ever watched in my life, if not the

worst....:(

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/dragonball/index.html

http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/moviesl/dragonball1.mpg

You're efffing retarded.

I LOVED that cheesy ass movie.

I watched it as a kid. So damn weird/funny. The whole ShapeShiftingPig > the world.

blaze
11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
loved watching it when it came on, dont know if it still does but there would be a good chance of me watching it. as goes for the special effects i just hope its not like the superman movie with all that cgi stuff or whatever it is.

markyboi
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM

they just did by getting bow wow

Helghast
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Vegeta, What does the scouter say about his power level?

IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSANDD!!!!!!!!!!

DRavenS13
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
I think it'll look great if they do it the same way they did Beowulf.

powersteeringless180sx
11-30-2007, 02:34 AM
It's gonna be crap if they do it live action.

BustedS13
11-30-2007, 03:21 AM

oh man. we'd better sit on the edge of a really high cliff or something and stare into space, for at least half an episode.

3-240's-N-aMule
11-30-2007, 04:00 AM
DBZ? Wtf?? Id rather see a Thunda Cat movie made. Hawt shit right there... I seriously doubt they would be doin kamehameha or w/e throughout the movie. I bet it would be most likely str8 ass whoopins with a bit of cg and maybe goku gets emtional at the end and blows somebody's ass off with a kamehameha as finale.

Unholy S14
11-30-2007, 07:36 AM
kid from The Invisible will play Goku....

IIIXziuR
11-30-2007, 07:44 AM
my power level is too high, I usually hide it and when I power up it is too much to be read on the scouters....they break.

Rocks start to lift up and the earth shakes etc

Rob's S14
11-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I hope they don't do live action, it just wouldn't work.

slider2828
11-30-2007, 12:55 PM
It was made to be a spoof anyways.... Secondly, Dragonball really comes from an old chinese folk tale in case you guys didn't know. And many movies have been made, just less fireballs and stuff.

Rayne
11-30-2007, 01:02 PM
In the Piccolo saga, there is no transformation into the super saiyans.. That didn't happen until the Freeza saga in Dragonball Z...

This is somewhat doable as the piccolo saga wasn't all over the top blowing up planets and such. Majin Buu's saga, that would require the budget from hell..... Which is exactly what this movie is setting up.

Goku transformed into Super Saiyan level 1 during the Freeza saga.

Yuri
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM

THey were interviewing Bow Wow, and they were asking him about his acting carrer, and he said that he had just gotten the script to a DBZ movie.

Any questions?

Edit: Beat me to it.

SimpleSexy180
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM

NINE THOUSAAAANNDD!

lolz ventrilo harassment.

89s13steve
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
awsome...thanks... i can see "spike" from buffy the vampire slayer playing piccoolo

Wesley Snipes would be a better choice. Think about it, seriously. It would be good as long as it is done correctly.

DALAZ_68
11-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I hope they don't do live action, it just wouldn't work.

its been done... late 80's early 90's

hella weak...its hard to find clips of it though

max2damax
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
kool, I remeber I used to skip school just to watch the good episodes,

BOROSUN
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
i better not see scrawny saiyan actors. i want physically fit actors like in 300.

this is kame kameeeehaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SiI40sx
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
i better not see scrawny saiyan actors. i want physically fit actors like in 300.

this is kame kameeeehaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homo.... :keke: j.k

240love
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Wesley Snipes would be a better choice. Think about it, seriously. It would be good as long as it is done correctly.

well if you think out it...since they will probably make the raditz saga. Piccolo was kinda small not as big as he gets later and that spike guy is small, has sort of pointy ears like piccolo lol. I can see it... but welsley snipes would definetly make a better canditate if it were like in the cell saga

240love
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Any questions?

Edit: Beat me to it.

yeah bow wow is definetly a bad choice for an actor...but what role would he play?????

Helghast
11-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Mr. Popo.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/jacestar911/thats_racist.gif

240love
11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
hahahahahaha

3-240's-N-aMule
12-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Goku transformed into Super Saiyan level 1 during the Freeza saga.
He did it during the lord slug movie which was before the freeza shit.
The dude who played leonitus on 300 would be a perfect vegeta.
But they need to do the broli part.

xamraci
12-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Just think Street Fighter the movie...Mortal Kombat was better than Street Fighter...but atleast you get the imagery

It wont work...atleast, more than likely it wont work

SW20Racer
12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
deadhorse beating z: 2 hours of shivering, screaming, big hair, yellow auras and not much else.... ill spend that money on cigs-n-beer

M4Rl0N
12-02-2007, 02:28 AM
i hope it come out good
i always liked DBZ

bardabe
12-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I was the biggest DBZ geek ever, but i wont go watch this disapointment I already know its not gonna turn out good.

blackcoupe
12-02-2007, 11:45 AM
this movie will fail HARD. guaranteed!

jackjack
12-07-2007, 01:15 PM
from ign:

Jamie Chung has joined Justin Chatwin and James "Spike from Buffy" Marsters in the cast of the new live-action Dragon Ball movie.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Chung, is set to play Chi Chi, the love interest of lead character Goku.

Chung doesn't exactly have a wealth of acting experience, with bit parts in Veronica Mars, CSI: NY and a run on MTV's The Real World about the most impressive entries on her resume.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/839/839941/more-dbz-cast-news-20071206023912463.jpg - Jesse Grant/WireImage.com
Chi Chi and Jamie Chung

Hong Kong mayhem-meister Stephen Chow (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle), is set to produce, with Dragon Ball hitting screens on August 15, 2008.

s13silvia123
12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Is any one here into or was into Dragon ball z??. I was hearing rumors of a live action movie being made but that was a long time ago and i was like nah they will never make that but today as i was listening to my local radio station. THey were interviewing Bow Wow, and they were asking him about his acting carrer, and he said that he had just gotten the script to a DBZ movie. Anyone know anything about this>?

its not all that great trust me its really dumb. not worth it. its a chinese live action version. i forgot when it was made and youre right its old.

SochBAT
12-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Kotakuuuuuuuuuu!

Shooting on the Dragon Ball Z hasn't started yet and the cast is still being assembled. To bring everyone up to speed: The picture will be helmed by Final Destination director James Wong, Goku will be War of the Worlds' Justin Chatwin (Tom Cruise's son in the movie), Piccolo will be Buffy the Vampire Slayer's James Marsters. New announcement: Jamie Chung (who?) will be playing Goku's wife, Chi Chi. Chung cut her acting chops as herself in reality show The Real World, three episodes of daytime soap Days of Our Lives and as a Hooters girl in Adam Sandler's I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Remember when we thought there was a chance this actually might be a decent flick? Neither do we.

shmiddy
12-10-2007, 06:13 AM
not a great picallo...

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/47000/47070CHjG_w.jpg

:ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey:

jackjack
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
February 15, 2008 - After years in development, the live-action feature film version of Akira Toriyama's manga and anime classic Dragonball is now in production. 20th Century Fox will release the movie -- referred to as either Dragon Ball Z, Dragonball, or simply DBZ by different publications -- on August 15, 2008. Here's what we know about the highly anticipated feature film thus far:

PRODUCTION:

Fox snagged the film rights to Dragon Ball Z way back in 2002. Since then several personnel have been involved, including director Roland Emmerich (Independence Day) and screenwriter Tedi Sarafian (Terminator 3). Last fall, Emmy nominee James Wong (director of the first and third Final Destination films, as well as The One) came aboard to direct Dragon Ball Z from his own screenplay.

Wong rewrote an earlier draft by Ben Ramsey (The Big Hit). Actor-filmmaker Stephen Chow (CJ7, Kung Fu Hustle) is producing the film. Chow informed the Oriental Morning Post last November, "I have been a Dragon Ball fan for a long time. ... The airy and unstrained story leaves much room for creation."

Filming on DBZ began last December in Mexico and Los Angeles. Final Destination's Robert McLachlan is the director of photography, with Bruton Jones (Underworld) serving as production designer, Patricio M. Farrell (Right at Your Door) as art director, and Mayes C. Rubeo (Apocalypto) as costume designer.

The special effects are being handled by Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc., which has worked on the Spider-Man films. Ariel Velasco-Shaw (300, Freddy vs. Jason) is serving as Dragonball's visual effects supervisor.

THE PLOT:

While story details are being kept under wraps, The Hollywood Reporter's synopsis says Dragonball "centers on an adult humanoid alien named Goku (Chatwin) who, after discovering he was sent to Earth to destroy the population, tries to fulfill the wish of his dying grandfather and collect all seven of the world's mystical Dragon Balls to keep them out of the hands of the evil aliens." Variety added that Bulma's "father's Dragon Ball is stolen by Piccolo."

THE CAST:

Justin Chatwin as Son Goku: Chatwin is best known to audiences for his roles as Tom Cruise's son in War of the Worlds and as the lead in David Goyer's The Invisible. Chatwin has reportedly trained with stunt performance company 87Eleven (The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy) to prepare for his fight scenes in Dragonball.

Son Goku (http://stars.ign.com/objects/142/14212885.html) is immensely strong, pure of heart, extremely competitive, not inordinately bright, but dedicated wholeheartedly to the cause of beating the living hell out of evil. Though he grew up on Earth and appears more or less human, Goku is a specimen of the alien warrior race of Saiyans, who originally sent him to the planet to prepare it for conquest. A coincidental knock on the head cleared his mind of his natural inclination towards global domination, though – instead, he eventually chose to become the planet's greatest champion.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/chatwin-invisible_1203116258.jpg - Buena Vista

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/son-goku_boxartboxart_160w_1203116308.jpg

Justin Chatwin will play Goku.

Goku's alien heritage gives him many advantages, of course, including great physical strength, speed, and resilience, the ability to fly, and a leg up in focusing his chi energy to develop many unusual martial arts techniques. Those include his famous "Kamehameha" energy blast, which has become his signature technique over the years, and the ability to transform into progressively more impressive levels of "Super Saiyan" power.

Emmy Rossum as Bulma: This singer-actress first came to audiences' attention as Sean Penn's doomed daughter in Mystic River before she captured the lead role of "Christine" in the big-screen version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Phantom of the Opera. Her other credits include Poseidon and The Day After Tomorrow.

In a December posting at her MySpace blog (http://www.myspace.com/emmyrossum), Rossum wrote that Bulma is "so different than any role I've ever played. I love the character and I'm excited to get to share something so fun with you. In prep for the film I've been training very hard, learning how to fight, fire a gun, weapons training and even some martial arts. It's fun to play such a different character when I am such a pacifist in real life."

Rossum blogged in January, "I've been listening to some harder music to access the edge inside me to bring to the character, some Lincoln Park and Dream Theater. I'm enjoying developing the character and training, learning to ride a motorcycle has been thrilling." Also, Diario.com.mx claims that Rossum will wear a blue wig in the movie.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/rossum-poseidon1_1203116513.jpg - Warner Bros.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/dbz_bulma_boxartboxart_160w_1203116548.jpg

Emmy Rossum will play Bulma.

Any crew of heroes needs a good gadgeteer, and that's Bulma (http://stars.ign.com/objects/142/14213469.html)'s job in the Dragon Ball universe. The heir to the massive Capsule Corporation, she creates all kinds of inventions to aid her friends in their fight to defend Earth and otherwise beat up on evil. In her younger days, she built such handy devices as the Dragon Radar, which she used to detect and hunt down the seven legendary Dragon Balls. (Her plan was to wish for the perfect man to spend her life with.) Her quest was what first introduced her to Goku, after which the two quickly became fast friends.

Later in her career, she was able to build everything from spacecraft to shrinking devices to Super Saiyan armor. In the alternate timeline from which the future version of Trunks arrived, she survived the near-destruction of Earth long enough to build Trunks' time machine. Bulma's very proud of her genius intellect, and sometimes very easily offended. Her personality makes a good match with the Saiyan prince Vegeta, who she eventually falls for and marries. Akira Toriyama's goofy sense of humor named her entire family after various types of underwear. "Bulma" is a corruption of "bloomer," her son is named "Trunks," her father is "Dr. Briefs," and so on.

James Marsters as Lord Piccolo: Most famous for his role as "Spike" on the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, Marsters has since played Prof. Milton Fine, a.k.a. Braniac, on Smallville and Detective Grant Mars on Without a Trace. "(Dragonball's) got a Shakespearean sense of good and evil and there are incredible action scenes with characters of unbelievable power," Marsters told TV Guide last month. Piccolo, the actor said, "is green, bald and has pointed ears. Heroic wouldn't be the wrong term by the end, but it's a long journey."

As if the green skin and so forth weren't a dead giveaway, Piccolo (http://stars.ign.com/objects/142/14213302.html) is an alien, a traveler from the distant planet Namek. While he first came to Earth on a mission of conquest, his eventual destiny comes as a surprise to all involved. His first encounter with Goku came at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, when the two warriors fought to a near-stalemate – Goku was eventually able to defeat Piccolo, but refused to finish him off, preferring to keep his fated rival around. Later, the two joined forces to battle the waves of invading Saiyans threatening Earth.

Even more surprising than Piccolo's turn to the side of the good guys is his influence on Goku's son, Gohan, who he trains from an uncertain young boy into one of the planet's most powerful warriors. To their mutual betterment, the two develop a close bond, making Gohan a more confident young man and helping soften Piccolo's distant nature.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/marsters-smallville1_1203116711.jpg - The CW

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/dbz_piccolo_boxartboxart_160w_1203116752.jpg

James Marsters will play Piccolo.

Piccolo possesses a huge variety of superhuman abilities, far beyond mere strength and speed. He can regenerate almost any part of his body, divide himself into multiple smaller forms, use a fusion technique to temporarily join with other beings, and that's just the start of his shopping list of powers. His signature ability is the Masenko-Ha, or "demon wave," which becomes one of Gohan's favored techniques as well.

Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi: This Chinese superstar is best known to Western audiences for his roles in The Killer, Hard-Boiled, A Better Tomorrow and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. He most recently appeared as Captain Sao Feng in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

As the first earthling to master the Power of Light, Roshi mentored both Goku and Grandpa Son Gohan. Roshi is a wise old martial arts master, as well as the series' oddball comic relief. Roshi, a.k.a. "Turtle Hermit," lives at the Kame house, which is situated on a deserted island that serves as a meeting place for the Z Fighters.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/842/842508/chow-yun-fat-is-master-roshi-20071219050018085.jpg
Chow Yun-Fat will play Master Roshi.

Jamie Chung as Chi-Chi: This waitress-turned-actress first gained notice as a cast member of MTV's The Real World before landing a stint of the soap Days of Our Lives. Producer Stephen Chow reportedly wanted to cast his CJ7 actress Zhang Yuqi as Chi-Chi before Chung won the part. Chi-Chi is the headstrong human wife of Son Goku and the mother of his children Gohan and Goten. (She and Goku first met as children.) Deemed the strongest woman on Earth, Chi-Chi is a martial artist who later trained Goten herself. She may nag her husband and occasionally clash with him, but she always has his and her family's best interests in mind.

Joon Park as Yamcha: Although Dragonball marks his largest Hollywood movie role to date, this South Korean singer-actor also appears in this summer's Speed Racer (http://movies.ign.com/objects/034/034341.html). Yamcha is a former bandit who is a longtime ally of Goku's and an ex-flame of Bulma's. His most constant companion is his cat Puar.

Randall Duk Kim as Grandpa Gohan: The Matrix Reloaded actor revealed on his official site (http://www.randalldukkim.com/) that he's been cast as the elderly Gohan in Dragonball. The kindly Gohan found Goku when he first arrived on Earth, and served as his first instructor in martial arts.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/jamie_chung_realworld1_1203116957.jpg - MTV/Real World

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/852/852636/rdk-matrix-reloaded_1203116993.jpg - Warner Bros.

Jamie Chung and Randall Duk Kim.

Eriko Tamura as Mai: This Japanese actress is familiar to U.S. audiences for her role as "Yaeko" on Heroes. Although Mai was one of Emperor Pilaf's cronies in the manga and anime series, she will serve as Piccolo's henchwoman in the movie.

Other actors said to be in the film include Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, The Crow) and Texas Battle (Final Destination 3). According to DragonballMovieBlog.com, Hudson plays an alter boy in a temple who serves as an ally for Goku, Battle is high school bully Carey Fuller, while Richard Blake plays Carey's hulking sidekick Agundas. Mexican actor Luis Arrieta has been cast as Teto, a new character created for the movie said to be Goku's high school pal. Shavon Kirksey will reportedly play Chi-Chi's best friend Emi.

revat619
02-18-2008, 07:58 PM
that scrawny dude is gonna play Goku?!

oh FUCK THIS movie....

240love
02-18-2008, 08:04 PM
well it seems that they are making this movie out of the old dbz where goku wasnt that big

revat619
02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
i'm not saying he has to be body builder status, but that fool is frickin tiny.

This movie is gonna be hella gay.

ESmorz
02-18-2008, 08:08 PM
that scrawny dude is gonna play Goku?!

oh FUCK THIS movie....

From the looks of it it is a Late Teens Goku setting.

He really wasn't buff in the series then. Plus, nothing a hearty diet and studio paid personal trainer cant fix lol. It's a lot easier to get toned then it is burls.

revat619
02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
they should've just made this movie like beowolf then none of this would matter.

but alas they didnt. So i stand by my statement (until proven wrong) that this movie will be royally homosexual.

ESmorz
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
they should've just made this movie like beowolf then none of this would matter.

but alas they didnt. So i stand by my statement (until proven wrong) that this movie will be royally homosexual.

haha. just get drunk.

grab a woman and some popcorn and enjoy it lol.

240love
02-18-2008, 08:20 PM
yea it would be good if they made it beowolf way

jackjack
02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
i remember a time when chow yun fat was a badass..........

ESmorz
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
i remember a time when chow yun fat was a badass..........

I still wouldn't fight him.

240sx_sr20det
02-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Dragonball was lame IMO.

I want some Super Sayian ass-kicking action!!!!

Is that so much to ask for?!

eastcoastS14
02-18-2008, 09:15 PM
YOU CAN NOT MAKE LIVE ACTION MOVIES OF CARTOONS THEY WILL ALWAYS FUCKING BLOW ASS SO DONT EVEN TRY

comics can work but cartoons/anime will be aids

blasting_speed
02-18-2008, 09:17 PM
This is going to be awesome. I can't wait until this fall. I August i think.

ESmorz
02-18-2008, 09:55 PM

I think he'll do just fine...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/AvrilH8er13/bowwow.jpg

jackjack
02-18-2008, 11:08 PM
^WTF.......... ahhaahahahah.

240love
02-18-2008, 11:10 PM
HAHAHAHA +1 for you

ESmorz
02-19-2008, 12:47 AM
I couldn't resist lol.

98s14inaz
02-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Looks interesting. At least they are attempting to cast it properly. Some choices make you go WTF but I'm sure they saw something they liked. I'm sure I'll see it at the very least steal....errr rent it.

Off topic but on the topic of anime...I would love to see a Ghost in the Shell movie...kinda like an "I Robot" style of movie. I think it is seriously doable and could be badass.

DUFFM4N
02-19-2008, 12:32 PM
this movie MIGHT have been cool....like 6 years ago :jerkit:

SiI40sx
02-19-2008, 12:37 PM
YOU CAN NOT MAKE LIVE ACTION MOVIES OF CARTOONS THEY WILL ALWAYS FUCKING BLOW ASS SO DONT EVEN TRY

transformers and spiderman were pretty good? both were cartoons, but then again they were a little more simple than dbz..... just imagine all the gel they'll be using for all the characters

revat619
02-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Looks interesting. At least they are attempting to cast it properly. Some choices make you go WTF but I'm sure they saw something they liked. I'm sure I'll see it at the very least steal....errr rent it.

Off topic but on the topic of anime...I would love to see a Ghost in the Shell movie...kinda like an "I Robot" style of movie. I think it is seriously doable and could be badass.

Ghost in the Shell would be an awesome cartoon to real live movie to do. Its so doable! That would be the shit!

eastcoastS14
02-19-2008, 12:57 PM
transformers and spiderman were pretty good? both were cartoons, but then again they were a little more simple than dbz..... just imagine all the gel they'll be using for all the characters

spiderman was a comic book which i said is kind of the exception to the rule and transformers is all action with barely any dialouge from the robots at all and probably the one exception to the rule.....this movie has a huge storyline and so far i cant see how these actors will pull off these parts.

explain to me how you pull this off in live action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4EK1gbhAo

240sx_sr20det
02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
^^ Guy has a point. I think it'll ruin Dragonball Z.

But then again, you see how they made Jumper? I'm sure that'll be incorporated into this movie. But Japanese style, so it'll be like Jumper supercharged on like 45psi.

Impossible? Ask them.

StaticX27
02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I wanna see them do a full live action version of the buu saga. I mean c'mon, You gotta see this fat pink guy running around turning everyone into chocolate and eating em!

I'd pay money to see that.

jackjack
02-19-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.homepagez.com/dragonballaf/funnypic2.jpg

S13_Nightkid
02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I wanna see them do a full live action version of the buu saga. I mean c'mon, You gotta see this fat pink guy running around turning everyone into chocolate and eating em!

I'd pay money to see that.

^^lol but the budget for the buu saga?? it would have to be BALLER AS HELL. on sum bill gates shit. seriously every saiyan transforming. vegeta blows the hell up. really now.

alindeman1989
02-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I hope the do make it. I grew up watching Dragon ball Z.

Antihero983
02-20-2008, 06:20 AM

um did you not see transformers? that shit rocked.

ravinaziankid
02-20-2008, 07:33 AM
spiderman was a comic book which i said is kind of the exception to the rule and transformers is all action with barely any dialouge from the robots at all and probably the one exception to the rule.....this movie has a huge storyline and so far i cant see how these actors will pull off these parts.

Have you guys ever watched any old chinese kung fu series? I'm not talking about bruce lee or anything, I'm talking about the real ancient time chinese fighting and flying around with swords and powers. Those shows were made in like the 70's or 80's and they pulled it off. I'm pretty sure with the technology and creativity these days, they can easily pull that off if they wanted to make a DBZ movie. Even in kung fu hustle, it kinda showed like a dragonball kind of power. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

98s14inaz
02-20-2008, 07:44 AM
spiderman was a comic book which i said is kind of the exception to the rule and transformers is all action with barely any dialouge from the robots at all and probably the one exception to the rule.....this movie has a huge storyline and so far i cant see how these actors will pull off these parts...

Comic book movies are definitely the exception. All though hollywood manages to screw up the stories a little I've always left the theater pretty happy. Punisher, X-men, Spiderman, etc I feel have all been pretty decent.

DBZ should definitely use the Beowulf cg style though. I see the hardcore fans picking this movie apart if it isn't just right. It is NOT going to be the same as the anime, we need to accept that.

jackjack
02-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Have you guys ever watched any old chinese kung fu series? I'm not talking about bruce lee or anything, I'm talking about the real ancient time chinese fighting and flying around with swords and powers. Those shows were made in like the 70's or 80's and they pulled it off. I'm pretty sure with the technology and creativity these days, they can easily pull that off if they wanted to make a DBZ movie. Even in kung fu hustle, it kinda showed like a dragonball kind of power. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

thats true. i think it'll be decent if they dont skimp out on the $$$$$$$$$$. otherwise it'll look like shit..... visually speaking.

powersteeringless180sx
02-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Ghost in the Shell would be an awesome cartoon to real live movie to do. Its so doable! That would be the shit!

i 2nd that. ghost in the shell would be crazy doable cuz it's so much more realistic and they're not throwing around desctructo disc at each other.

i used dig dbz but i recently tried to watch an episode and i just couldn't sit there. too much bullshit banter between fights. if they do that w/ the movie it will auto fail.

eastcoastS14
02-20-2008, 01:21 PM

um did you not see transformers? that shit rocked.

see above post....

I cant see how they could possibly pull off the in depth story line of DBZ or the fights that are incredibly fast moving and all explosions earth shattering fights etc...I cant even see how they could pull off the hair lol....not to mention people wearing those costumes in real life will look totally retarded, unless they switch them up like they did in X-men but still....I might eat my words when this comes out...but im predicting a very fake looking movie with tons of fake looking CGI that doesnt stay true to the story and lots of bad acting

240sx_sr20det
02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
see above post....

I cant see how they could possibly pull off the in depth story line of DBZ or the fights that are incredibly fast moving and all explosions earth shattering fights etc...I cant even see how they could pull off the hair lol....not to mention people wearing those costumes in real life will look totally retarded, unless they switch them up like they did in X-men but still....I might eat my words when this comes out...but im predicting a very fake looking movie with tons of fake looking CGI that doesnt stay true to the story and lots of bad acting

I'm with eastcoasts14 on this one.

I grew up watching Dragonball Z, and I just don't see it being anything more than a cartoon.

Like he said above, how can they possibly pull off some of this stuff, like a guy turning Super Sayian in real life? It just won't be as cool.

S13_Nightkid
02-20-2008, 02:57 PM
[quote=98s14inaz;1846051]

DBZ should definitely use the Beowulf cg style though.quote]

i was thinkin the same exact thing lol. You could definently pull that off.
but completely live action? no. maybe the Dragonball series where the powering up, energy blasts n etc. were at a minimum.

StaticX27
02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
^ +1

Doing the whole Dragonball base series or at the very earliest saiyan saga of DBZ would be possible. Although Goku vs Vegeta was a pretty intense fight, mostly with the ape transformations, then Goku suddenly piling on 300lbs of muscle right at the end after he pulls out the Kaio-ken techniques. Could be a little... Yea, wow.

Besides, I think most of their budget is going to be spent on hair stylists trying to do the impossible hair. The world is not ready for that much gel.