PDA

View Full Version : Stupid aptitude tests!!!!

worangejuice
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Fuck it all I had an app with Bank of America (I know but the pay is $11 an hour) Got a call then told me to take one of those 120 question aptitude tests and it said I did not fit the job description. WTF! I hate these goddamn things. So I answer all the 'correct' responses and I'd say 90% of them are true. It's the same question re-worded 500 times:

Question
If you were not paid enough, would it be not acceptable to smoke a bowl in the parking like while not stealing to maybe compensate for a low wage of pay from an unfair, but fair supervisor?

1.yes, down with the government, but all for the company
2.No, only in the best situation that demands sociable actions on how sociable you really are at a party, cause I occasionally party
3.Both 1. and 2.
4.I do drugs, but only off the clock in order to compensate for low wages, in hopes that I am mentally stable on the clock, but everyone does it right?

:jerkit:

Crap.....Still looking for a job.
Any insight on these stupid tests is much appreciated.

soon2bs13
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
yeah... i took one trying to get a job at AutoZone... i was like...this is gay...

u can't just sit down and talk to a applicant to find out their personality, u have to give them a damn test...

BustedS13
11-27-2007, 04:01 PM
you're not supposed to give the "right" answer 100% of the time. that marks you as a liar. everybody has vices, nobody is perfect. those tests are designed with that in mind. as dumb as it sounds, if you answer honestly, you're more likely to get the job.

Farzam
11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I'd smoke a bowl in the safe

I keeps it realz!

Daniel.
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
The trick to those things is not about providing excellent customer service, but about saving the bank money.

Something a friend of mine who works in the banking industry told me.

unwed_transient
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
The trick to those things is not about providing excellent customer service, but about saving the bank money.

Something a friend of mine who works in the banking industry told me.

it's the truth. if you get customer complaints, it's no big deal. if you take a loss or steal, you're done.

worange, what position was it for? i work for BofA. you should have asked beforehand, I could have given you some tips.

SiI40sx
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
fuck bofa dont work for them, its the damn devil

B18C5MK1
11-27-2007, 06:06 PM
go to work for wamu.
they're a much better company.

Rob's S14
11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
unwed transient is right. I used to work for a B of A and would get complaints all time, but I always balanced and all the merchants loved me so my bosses didn't care. It seemed to me like they tried to trick you by asking a question like 2 or 3 times and if you answered differently on one of em it goes against you. That's what the girl at the Brea office told me. One of my best stories, was this one customer was going off on me for not doing something for her, but it's not like I didn't want to I just couldn't. Anyways, she got all worked up for nothing really so I just smiled at her. She complained to my boss "He smiled at me" I swear to god. My boss was like, uhh he's supposed to do that. It was awesome.

Driven08
11-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Fuck it all I had an app with Bank of America (I know but the pay is $11 an hour) Got a call then told me to take one of those 120 question aptitude tests and it said I did not fit the job description. WTF! I hate these goddamn things. So I answer all the 'correct' responses and I'd say 90% of them are true. It's the same question re-worded 500 times:

Question
If you were not paid enough, would it be not acceptable to smoke a bowl in the parking like while not stealing to maybe compensate for a low wage of pay from an unfair, but fair supervisor?

1.yes, down with the government, but all for the company
2.No, only in the best situation that demands sociable actions on how sociable you really are at a party, cause I occasionally party
3.Both 1. and 2.
4.I do drugs, but only off the clock in order to compensate for low wages, in hopes that I am mentally stable on the clock, but everyone does it right?

:jerkit:

Crap.....Still looking for a job.
Any insight on these stupid tests is much appreciated.

+1 for hating that test.

I took it as well and I would of gotten a guaranteed spot at the bank since my girlfriends mom is a manager at the local one nearby. Its stupid as shit and I could of been earning more money than stupid minimum wage right now!

yokotas13
11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
fuck bofa dont work for them, its the damn devil
my wife is a branch manager for BOA
its not that bad

Rob's S14
11-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I actually really enjoyed working for them. I think my customers were the best. I got more stuff during xmas from my customers than any company ever gave me, and all I ever did for them was my job. I did take care of them, but honestly I got more hookups from them just for being nice and not making them wait long.