PDA

View Full Version : What wheels should I get?

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 08:55 PM
1st: I have searched! Can't find what I am looking for.
2nd: Don't tell me thing I don't wanna hear like "lower the car" or "pull the fenders" or "no 19's no care"

Ok now that I have that covered:

I am looking for some rims for my base model s14 because I am tired of the hubcaps. I do NOT want anything extreme or flashy. My car is on stock suspention so I need some thing that will look go with the gap above the tire. I'm looking at 17's mostly because they are the upper limit of my price range.

so my question is: What wheels should I get for a stock s14 base?

oh yeah I'm not a big fan of huge lip or tires that are streched and I don't want to have to pull the fenders or have to worry about rubbing. So keep it like 7.5 inches wide.

Thanks.

Subzeroqc
11-19-2007, 08:59 PM
nothing looks good with wheel gap. /thread.

cxlo8331
11-19-2007, 09:03 PM
are you for real?

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 09:05 PM
nothing looks good with wheel gap. /thread.
yes but I drive my car and can't lower it.
and anything and everything looks better than beat up hub caps.

I'm not going for an award I don't need to have no gap and have a millimiter between my tire and fender.

work with me people I know your not all retarted.

Dirty Habit
11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
I am looking for some rims for my base model s14 because I am tired of the hubcaps.

Take off the hubcaps. Problem solved.

Dirty Habit
11-19-2007, 09:08 PM

Alright, that about sums this thread up..

KA-T_240
11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
you would have no problem fitting some 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the back. you do not need streched tires because you have a 8/9/10 inch wide rim. just get a properly sized tire. and if needed a spacer to clear the suspension.

also you staying 4 or 5 lug is going to affect the rims you can find

with out running monster tires, its going to have mad wheel gap, sorry. If you want it to look "good" even some s-tech springs is going to make it look WAY better. I know you didnt want it to be brought up, I had to say it. I have a pic of my s13 with stock suspension and 17x9 with 275/40 on the back and I got like over 3-4inchs between top of tire and the fender, it looks like ass.

when its not winter i daily drive my 240. its lowered and has a lip thats about 2 inches off the ground tops and i dont have a problem with it. and believe it or not i drive on gravel and country roads as well, never had a problem and only scraped it once.

cxlo8331
11-19-2007, 09:11 PM
why can't you lower?
just get a set of se wheels for like 100 bucks.
don't really think you should buy rims and not lower. imo
save yor money.
just search.
- but if you must,
tirerack.com
tires.com

JoeC1982
11-19-2007, 09:11 PM
wow, not everybody wants flush rims with stretched out 225 tires on 9.5" rims. finding anything with "conservative" fitment on this board is impossible. i'm sure some guys run them but they are too afraid to post them with all the negative comments that they will get.

UfoZ8myCow
11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Yawn.........

Dirty Habit
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
wow, not everybody wants flush rims with stretched out 225 tires on 9.5" rims. finding anything with "conservative" fitment on this board is impossible. i'm sure some guys run them but they are too afraid to post them with all the negative comments that they will get.

I run swazi's on both my s13 and my s130. Got no problem with showing em off here.

The problem lies when you try and post a 15x6.5 +98 sportmax wheel in the tire stretch or wheel show off thread.

Most of us care less what the kid rides, thats why we frown upon threads like this.

EJ253
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
no 19s no care

if i had a penny for everytime i heard that from someone on zilvia...
i'd have one penny?

JeremyR
11-19-2007, 09:26 PM
sport max 962's should fit what you want perfect, 17x7 +35 and 17x9 +35 iirc, not my taste, or anyones really, but they should work for the look you're going for.

JoeC1982
11-19-2007, 09:26 PM
I run swazi's on both my s13 and my s130. Got no problem with showing em off here.

The problem lies when you try and post a 15x6.5 +98 sportmax wheel in the tire stretch or wheel show off thread.

Most of us care less what the kid rides, thats why we frown upon threads like this.

i hear you there, i'm in the same situation as him though except with a 5 lug and need some more wheel brands to look at with respectable(not extreme) offsets. i've found some 5zigen and MB Comps and Weapons but not much else in my price range.

To the OP: 17x8 +35 5zigen Fn01rc's are available in 4 lug, not cheap though although used ones come up quite a bit.

kdashy
11-19-2007, 09:27 PM
oh yeah I'm not a big fan of huge lip or tires that are streched and I don't want to have to pull the fenders or have to worry about rubbing. So keep it like 7.5 inches wide.

Stock suspension?

Yeah you wont have a problem with that. Ever.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 09:28 PM
you would have no problem fitting some 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the back. you do not need streched tires because you have a 8/9/10 inch wide rim. just get a properly sized tire. and if needed a spacer to clear the suspension.
also you staying 4 or 5 lug is going to affect the rims you can find
with out running monster tires, its going to have mad wheel gap, sorry. If you want it to look "good" even some s-tech springs is going to make it look WAY better. I know you didnt want it to be brought up, I had to say it. I have a pic of my s13 with stock suspension and 17x9 with 275/40 on the back and I got like over 3-4inchs between top of tire and the fender, it looks like ass.
when its not winter i daily drive my 240. its lowered and has a lip thats about 2 inches off the ground tops and i dont have a problem with it. and believe it or not i drive on gravel and country roads as well, never had a problem and only scraped it once.
thank you for the first reply with some thought put into it.

I am going to be staying 4 lug. Mostly because I don't see much reason to upgrade. there are not enough different wheels only in 5 lug to make it worth it.

once again I'm not so conserned about how it looks I just want it to look nicer than it now with a coustomized look to it. I'm in kansas when you put low profile tires on huge rims, girls around here assume you are over compinsating or are just a douche.

kdashy
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
with a coustomized look to it.

I'm in kansas

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

genericforumname
11-19-2007, 09:34 PM
stock wheels+stock suspension=ok
after market wheels+stock suspension=lame
stock wheels+better suspension=ok

http://www.redlineimports.co.uk/display_car_image.php?car_id=19060702&img_id=01

^you cant tell me that car looks any good

regardless the only cheap 4 lug wheels are the fno1rc's or the sportmax, everything else is not worth it

also, you might look ahead, eventually you will drop it, buy some wheels that will fit decent for when that happens
^planning ahead saves money, lots of money

Psycho 240 Freak
11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
IMO dropped with hubcaps looks better than stock height with sunken in aftermarket wheels.

I think it'd be more beneficial for you to post up pics of your top 5 wheels and make a poll, rather than ask people to find or post up wheels for you.

spool_sample
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
there are not enough different wheels only in 5 lug to make it worth it.

:tweak:

I'm not so conserned about how it looks I just want it to look nicer than it now with a coustomized look to it

This does not compute.

You REALLY came to wrong place to ask fitment questions about skinny wagon wheels. That said, pretty much anything that's 17x8 will fit under the fenders of most S-chassis with no issues or modifications.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
stock wheels+stock suspension=ok
after market wheels+stock suspension=lame
stock wheels+better suspension=ok

http://www.redlineimports.co.uk/display_car_image.php?car_id=19060702&img_id=01

^you cant tell me that car looks any good
personally I think it looks fine. Chrome is a tad gotty but other than that i would have no problem looking like that.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
IMO dropped with hubcaps looks better than stock height with sunken in aftermarket wheels.

I think it'd be more beneficial for you to post up pics of your top 5 wheels and make a poll, rather than ask people to find or post up wheels for you.
good point.

right now I am looking at these wheels:
http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=image001&SKU=934&VehicleMakeFinal=Nissan&VehicleYearFinal=1995&VehicleModelFinal=240&VehicleOption=SX%20Coupe

genericforumname
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
^hey, as long as your ok with that then thats fine, your car

anyway what the other guy said is a good idea, make a poll of your top wheels, easiest way to get suggestions as peoples opinions on wheels easily range from one extreme to another

also those wheels don't show any offset, theres no telling how they'll fit

Teddy
11-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I personally think a car dropped on stock wheels looks a hell of a lot better than a car at stock height with crappy aftermarket wheels, but hey, its your car man.

SexPanda
11-19-2007, 09:50 PM
www.edgeracing.com (http://www.edgeracing.com)

pretty good prices if your not looking for any OZ's or anything.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 09:50 PM

show me some that are 5 lug only.

This does not compute.

You REALLY came to wrong place to ask fitment questions about skinny wagon wheels. That said, pretty much anything that's 17x8 will fit under the fenders of most S-chassis with no issues or modifications.

Ok new question: Lets say I got some 17x8's. What is the best offset I could get so that If I ever decided to lower my car that I would not have to roll or pull the fenders?

I can make my own choice on wheel design. it is everyone's choice. I just can't figure out what a good offset should be for different size wheels.

Teddy
11-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Probably something like 17X8 +25 or +20

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 10:02 PM
^hey, as long as your ok with that then thats fine, your car

anyway what the other guy said is a good idea, make a poll of your top wheels, easiest way to get suggestions as peoples opinions on wheels easily range from one extreme to another

also those wheels don't show any offset, theres no telling how they'll fit

I was noticing that. With those wheels what offset should they be? If I got those I would call the company first to see what offset they would be shipping before ordering.

Psycho 240 Freak
11-19-2007, 10:09 PM
[quote=Wabash9000;1659328]show me some that are 5 lug only.

Ok new question: Lets say I got some 17x8's. What is the best offset I could get so that If I ever decided to lower my car that I would not have to roll or pull the fenders?
quote]

Most 4 lug 17" rims with you'll find today will fit under the 240. The problem won't be having to roll your fenders. The problem will be that they are too sunken in.

firelizard
11-19-2007, 10:10 PM
yes but I drive my car and can't lower it.
and anything and everything looks better than beat up hub caps.

I'm not going for an award I don't need to have no gap and have a millimiter between my tire and fender.

You're retarded if you think you can't drive with a lowered car. I drive my car everyday, everywhere I need to go, tucking the top of the tire, front and rear in summer. I raised it for winter. 2cm higher in front.

Shoo, go away.

Nothing looks good with wheel gap except stock.

But I'm not going to be useless. Just go buy the cheapest 17" wheel you can find, put on the cheapest 205/45R17 tire you can find, and go have fun with your giant fender gap and sunken wheels. But if 17" is the top of your price range, you need to work on your money management, or learn to go in debt for your car.

If you can into my store with criteria like that, it would honestly take all my patience not to just leave, or start posting on Zilvia.

You need to sit back, picture the car that looks good to you (if it still has stock height at this point, you're hopeless), see how much money you need, then work on getting that money. Then plan your purchases, and get it right the first time.
It not only irritates, but puzzles me to no end when people buy just wheels because they want their car to look good. Plus sized wheels are not more comfortable, so obviously that's not the issue. They're just being pussies about lowering the car or spending money. Well here's a news flash: HALF ASSED CARS DON'T LOOK GOOD. And yeah, a stock height car with aftermarket wheels looks half assed. Either leave it alone, or do it right. You don't have to do it all at once, but asking "what wheels will look good with my wheel gap?" is like asking "what purse will complement my cold sores?".

Oh, and since you're considering x8, go with +15 to +25 to not roll fenders. Not that rolling fenders is anything but beneficial and extremely easy.

89singlecamnoob
11-19-2007, 10:12 PM
1st: I have searched! Can't find what I am looking for.
2nd: Don't tell me thing I don't wanna hear like "lower the car" or "pull the fenders" or "no 19's no care"

Ok now that I have that covered:

I am looking for some rims for my base model s14 because I am tired of the hubcaps. I do NOT want anything extreme or flashy. My car is on stock suspention so I need some thing that will look go with the gap above the tire. I'm looking at 17's mostly because they are the upper limit of my price range.

so my question is: What wheels should I get for a stock s14 base?

Thanks.
so what you're saying is that you don't want to have to modify your car at all, but you want it to look good...but you don't want to run any wider than 7.5 inches...i think stock is the right route for you, man.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
You're retarded if you think you can't drive with a lowered car. I drive my car everyday, everywhere I need to go, tucking the top of the tire, front and rear in summer. I raised it for winter. 2cm higher in front.

Shoo, go away.

Nothing looks good with wheel gap except stock.

But I'm not going to be useless. Just go buy the cheapest 17" wheel you can find, put on the cheapest 205/45R17 tire you can find, and go have fun with your giant fender gap and sunken wheels. If 17" is the top of your price range, you need to work on your money management, or learn to go in debt for your car.

If you can into my store with criteria like that, it would honestly take all my patience not to just leave, or start posting on Zilvia.
I never said I can't drive a lowered car, or that I am afraid to modifiy my car. For me it is not worth it. I think that a decent amount of gap is alright looking and too little gap looks bad. Also I think that if you lower a stock base model car and put wheels on it that it looks akward and not fininshed untill you put some sort of areo on it, even if it is the se lip and side skirts, which is more money I could spend elsewhere.

I have money management. That is why I am looking at 17's. I have enough money in the bank for 18's but I am saving money and prefer the look of 17's so I am only getting 17's.

Also Lastly I don't want it to be sunken in I just don't want it be be stuck way out there. anyways I figure if I buy some that are too sunk in I can always put spacers behind them to make them fit better.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
so what you're saying is that you don't want to have to modify your car at all, but you want it to look good...but you don't want to run any wider than 7.5 inches...i think stock is the right route for you, man.
Ok I don't know how wide of a wheel I want I just don't want it to rub.
I am not afraid to modify my car I just don't have the time or the interest to and I prefer a clean looking car(aka stock with tasteful mods) dropped cars with rims and bodykits are not clean or good looking imho. I would rather drive a stock s14 with tasteful wheels and a good sound system then a s14 with low profile tires and wide rims with the car dropped to the ground and wild body kits on it.

cxlo8331
11-19-2007, 10:39 PM
seriously,
what is your budget?
just get some stock se wheels.
save your money!

done... and... done.

EDacIouSX
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Ok I don't know how wide of a wheel I want I just don't want it to rub.
I am not afraid to modify my car I just don't have the time or the interest to and I prefer a clean looking car(aka stock with tasteful mods) dropped cars with rims and bodykits are not clean or good looking imho. I would rather drive a stock s14 with tasteful wheels and a good sound system then a s14 with low profile tires and wide rims with the car dropped to the ground and wild body kits on it.

ummmmmmm why are you driving a s14 then. you should buy a truck if you dont want to lower a SPORTS CAR.

you:

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/fail-58619.jpg

kdashy
11-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I would rather drive a stock s14 with tasteful wheels and a good sound system then a s14 with low profile tires and wide rims with the car dropped to the ground and wild body kits on it.

So roll on stock wheels cause stock height with aftermarket wheels is fail city.

firelizard
11-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I never said I can't drive a lowered car, or that I am afraid to modifiy my car. For me it is not worth it. I think that a decent amount of gap is alright looking and too little gap looks bad. Also I think that if you lower a stock base model car and put wheels on it that it looks akward and not fininshed untill you put some sort of areo on it, even if it is the se lip and side skirts, which is more money I could spend elsewhere.

Also Lastly I don't want it to be sunken in I just don't want it be be stuck way out there. anyways I figure if I buy some that are too sunk in I can always put spacers behind them to make them fit better.

How is it not worth it to lower your car, but it's worth it to have bargain bin aftermarket wheels?

I pretty much just completely disagree about stock body slammed with nice wheels looking bad....matter of opinion, I know, but I can't get around it.

Teddy
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Let him be. He's hopeless.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
ummmmmmm why are you driving a s14 then. you should buy a truck if you dont want to lower a SPORTS CAR.

you:

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/fail-58619.jpg
thank you for that I like that picture.

I don't drive a truck because I don't like trucks. I drive a s14 because it is fun to drive and comfortable to sit in. I have a good sounding sound system and enough room for me and 2 other people. It looks good on the outside. Why lower it? I don't goto car shows. I'm not going for any awards. I like the look of it stock height and if I get some wheels and decide that it looks horiable I can always drop it later.

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
seriously,
what is your budget?
just get some stock se wheels.
save your money!

done... and... done.
$800-1000 I have a set of s13 se wheels but I don't like how they look on my car. and by the time I get s14 stock wheels new tires and a 5lug conversion with brakes it would have just been cheeper to get some clean looking aftermarket.

EDacIouSX
11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
so you think This:

http://images.importtuner.com/models/0210_01zoom+1996_nissan_240sx_se+rear_side_view.jp g

Looks better than this:
http://a855.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_ae965e6388d17f3f3509b70a15db150e.jpg

or this:

http://a984.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_dacaa9bb8e6aadfe8f22d0e41ea7309f.jpg

???

White Comet
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
im selling exel ennio's 17x7 w/ brand new tires, buy them from me and all ur dreams will come true

downshift_sideways
11-19-2007, 11:03 PM
wow...

Great thread, I'm subscribing to it.

It all depends...

do you want your car to look cool?
do you want respect from your fellow ricers?
do you want your rims to fit your car?
do you want to fucking search for rims?

kthxbye.

firelizard
11-19-2007, 11:05 PM
bah, I don't care anymore.

at least you're not as bad as the guy who insisted he needed at least a 60mm offset for his Legend.

ps: that green S14 with Meisters fails for having moulded bumpers and skirts

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:06 PM
so you think This:

Looks better than this:

or this:

???
um honestly yes. That first one if the wheels were a silver or aluminum, the car would look better in my opinion.

JoeC1982
11-19-2007, 11:07 PM
stock s14 wheels with good tires can be had CHEAP, and a 5 lug conversion shouldn't be too much these days.

EDacIouSX
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
what I don't get is him saying that the car handles great but yet he won't lower his car? I don't think he knows the difference between coilovers and stock s14 suspension. oh well. I guess he really thinks he does have a truck since it has a "ka" in it.... (I like ka's before someone starts, just a lot of people call KA's truck motors)

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:10 PM
wow...

Great thread, I'm subscribing to it.

It all depends...

do you want your car to look cool?
do you want respect from your fellow ricers?
do you want your rims to fit your car?
do you want to fucking search for rims?

kthxbye.
I want it to look cool but not ricey.
I am not a ricer nor do I accociate with any ricers.
I want them to fit decently but not rub.
I did search and I have wheel designs that I think will look good on my car I was just wanting to see if the people on here had any suggestions for clean looking wheels for a stock car. Also I was not sure about offset for wheels that are not 10 inches wide. Point me to a site that shows how to calculate the proper offset and I will never post this again and make up my own mind on what to get.

EDacIouSX
11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
um honestly yes. That first one if the wheels were a silver or aluminum, the car would look better in my opinion.

ok i get it so you like this:

http://jpcordial.iweb.bsu.edu/blog/ghettotruck.jpg

and you don't like this:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-TechArt-Porsche-Carrera-GT-FA-1600x1200.jpg

downshift_sideways
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
http://www.helpanoob.com/figureoutwhatkindafuckingrimshewants

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
what I don't get is him saying that the car handles great but yet he won't lower his car? I don't think he knows the difference between coilovers and stock s14 suspension. oh well. I guess he really thinks he does have a truck since it has a "ka" in it.... (I like ka's before someone starts, just a lot of people call KA's truck motors)
please quote me to where I said it handled great. I said I don't drive a truck because I don't like trucks. I drive a s14 because it is fun to drive and comfortable to sit in. I have a good sounding sound system and enough room for me and 2 other people. It looks good on the outside. Why lower it? I don't goto car shows. I'm not going for any awards. I like the look of it stock height and if I get some wheels and decide that it looks horiable I can always drop it later

I know the stock susspention sucks. and I know it is not a truck. and I don't want a truck.

fliprayzin240sx
11-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Here you go:
http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/wheels.shtml

Find a rim you like, go 4 lug and ask for the lowest offset they got. 17x8 +20 shouldnt look too bad. Slap some 225/45 17s on them and done!!!

If your gonna get some cheap rims, might as well go with a lower offset sportsmax. Anything else will throw you some +42 honda fwd offset crap.

EDacIouSX
11-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I did search and I have wheel designs that I think will look good on my car I was just wanting to see if the people on here had any suggestions for clean looking wheels for a stock car. Also I was not sure about offset for wheels that are not 10 inches wide. Point me to a site that shows how to calculate the proper offset and I will never post this again and make up my own mind on what to get.

sorry I guess I am being a little bit harsh.......

ok here, this is the mistake i did before.

you can fit probably up to 21/22's on stock ride height. my old wheels 18x8.5 and 18x9 were +33 offset front and rear. If I were you i'd go with something like 18x8.5 +25 front and 18x9 +25 rear. that is super conservative and you will have plenty of room for big giant tires.

btw stock 16 inch se wheels are 16x6.5 +40 all around.

here is a wheel offset calculator http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

KA-T_240
11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Let him do what he wants. If you dont like what he does with his car who give a fuck, you dont have to drive it. What he wants is not what i would want to do. but what ever.

17x7 and 17x8 in 4-lug should fit with out requiring body mods. if you use some spacers they well not look so sunk. or you could go with some sport max or 5-zigen 17x9s. also look at some 16s

White Comet
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.exelwheels.com/images/EXEL_MD/ennio-sil_md.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.exelwheels.com/ennio.htm&h=240&w=250&sz=37&hl=en&start=1&sig2=Cxb7n7uV-77BwcDzodTRaw&um=1&tbnid=If6enBPs5lhL1M:&tbnh=107&tbnw=111&ei=qnxCR6KuFZ2CeM6ywLYP&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dexel%2Bennio%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
get these....and buy em from me, lol

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:21 PM
ok i get it so you like this:

and you don't like this:

that's not even a good compairison. at least compare the same type of car. I don't like trucks people. fuck. All I am saying is that on the s14 I happen to like the look of the stock ride height.

89singlecamnoob
11-19-2007, 11:21 PM
that's not even a good compairison. at least compare the same type of car. I don't like trucks people. fuck. All I am saying is that on the s14 I happen to like the look of the stock ride height.

you're really wierd.

cc4usmc
11-19-2007, 11:25 PM
when you put low profile tires on huge rims, girls around here assume you are over compinsating or are just a douche.

you care? fuck dem hoes

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
sorry I guess I am being a little bit harsh.......

ok here, this is the mistake i did before.

you can fit probably up to 21/22's on stock ride height. my old wheels 18x8.5 and 18x9 were +33 offset front and rear. If I were you i'd go with something like 18x8.5 +25 front and 18x9 +25 rear. that is super conservative and you will have plenty of room for big giant tires.

btw stock 16 inch se wheels are 16x6.5 +40 all around.

here is a wheel offset calculator http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
thank you that website is very helpful.

motorsnail
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6b_zH0i7Zs

worangejuice
11-19-2007, 11:28 PM
you suck and don't deserve an S14, it's going to look horrible and you will end up lowering it and end up being sucked into the horribly obsessive world of offset. Just go to discount tire and get the "hottest" wheels there, and act like they're the piss of the town. But really like me and every other motherfucker ever, get the 5 Zigen Fno1rc's, for you, in a 17x8+35 all round. That should be exactly what you're looking for, jeez, how come the worst threads get the biggest responses ever?

cc4usmc
11-19-2007, 11:29 PM

but it doesn't..
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/cc4usmc3/DSCF1446.jpg

worangejuice
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
pss: that green S14 wins for being so awesome

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.exelwheels.com/images/EXEL_MD/ennio-sil_md.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.exelwheels.com/ennio.htm&h=240&w=250&sz=37&hl=en&start=1&sig2=Cxb7n7uV-77BwcDzodTRaw&um=1&tbnid=If6enBPs5lhL1M:&tbnh=107&tbnw=111&ei=qnxCR6KuFZ2CeM6ywLYP&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dexel%2Bennio%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
get these....and buy em from me, lol
you keep posting but somehow I feel as though you are with everyone else and mocking me.

89singlecamnoob
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
you keep posting but somehow I feel as though you are with everyone else and mocking me.

because you're wierd.

LimitedEdition
11-19-2007, 11:36 PM
ok fanboy i mean dood

there your rims, pick YOUR rims. why build a car to suit others? be yourself and pick your rims.

if not, go Work VSFK (i think thats the name? who knows?) baller size only.

White Comet
11-19-2007, 11:40 PM
i'm sorry, but im 100% serious, i think the ennios would look good on the s14 w/ some spacers maybe, but even unspaced is better than stock. im not joking about selling them either, they're on my car in the sig and for sale

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:43 PM
but it doesn't..

ok see I like the look of that car but they have a body kit on it. That is what makes it look good lowered.

89singlecamnoob
11-19-2007, 11:48 PM
ok see I like the look of that car but they have a body kit on it. That is what makes it look good lowered.
no, that fact that it's lowered makes it look good lowered...get it?

worangejuice
11-19-2007, 11:51 PM

^^^HAHAHAHAHAHA^^^^^

Wabash9000
11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah lowered with a kit.

lowered looks good, with a kit, but to me feels unfinished when no kit is there.

LimitedEdition
11-19-2007, 11:57 PM
dudette

your killing yourself man. just keep digging deeper, your almost to japanland by now.

i have seen lots of stock bodied cars that are PURE s3x. let me dig you a example, ya dig?

89singlecamnoob
11-19-2007, 11:59 PM
yeah lowered with a kit.

lowered looks good, with a kit, but to me feels unfinished when no kit is there.

so then put a kit on it...do what you need to do, but runnin' 4x4 status at stock height = blech

Wabash9000
11-20-2007, 12:08 AM
so then put a kit on it...do what you need to do, but runnin' 4x4 status at stock height = blech
whatever I've now doubled everyone's post count so I'm done. I will never ask for zilvia's advice again unless I have a 500 hp sr or 1/4 inch of ground clearance.

LongGrain
11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
whatever I've now doubled everyone's post count so I'm done. I will never ask for zilvia's advice again unless I have a 500 hp sr or 1/4 inch of ground clearance.

sounds good to me.

LimitedEdition
11-20-2007, 12:12 AM
89single

you make no sense. 4x4 status at stock height? toss the dubie over here.

Wabash

the general consensus is pick something that suites you. search. try the thread pic.

just dont come on here and tell someone to buy you rims.

White Comet
11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
check ur pm's, sent u one

UfoZ8myCow
11-20-2007, 12:16 AM
This thread has pretty much become completely worthless.

usdm180sx
11-20-2007, 01:18 AM

LOL that's my old S14. Put on your glasses and look closer. It's the navan aerokit. It was NOT molded on it was color matched and installed the right way. The car still has original factory paint.

Wabash9000 my s13 is lowered without aero. You have very unique taste. It's about as boring as it gets. But hey it's your car. As long as you're happy with it is what matters but I think you are wasting everyone's time here on a forum where people like to modify their cars not be put to sleep.

BTW genius:

1. 17" rims will require lower profile tires.

2. A lower profile tire will make the gap between the tire and fender look bigger

3. If you don't lower the car it will look like ass

4. Even you won't like how it looks.

EDacIouSX
11-20-2007, 01:34 AM
GOD I LOVE WATCHING SOMEONE GET FLAMED!! LET THE FLAMING CONTINUE!

http://www.kitchensink-online.com/Images/temp/flameon.gif

hey you know what? Since you don't really wanna lower your car why not do something like this?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/35/92419412_f26c29c9fd.jpg

abstrakt
11-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Obviously, Theres only one clear choice here.

http://i19.tinypic.com/8fcg8pk.jpg

89singlecamnoob
11-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Obviously, Theres only one clear choice here.

fuck yeah, Ronal Bears

DJDANGER24
11-20-2007, 01:59 AM
on a serious note. did you find a set that you might like ? 5 spoke ? 7 spoke ? lip ? no lip ? chrome ? powercoated ? flat ? i agree with flip on this one. 17X8 +20 would be good for you liking. maybe some Work XD9 ? or M2Hanbai DT-05R like these....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/djdanger1984/m2hanbais14.jpg

Matej
11-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Generic 17x7.5 wheels on a stock suspension S14 = ricer.

Haha doood, you're like a blast from the past, where in Kansas do you live?
People nowadays lower their cars before getting wheels, and people like wheels that fit. Getting random aftermarket 17x7's just for the sake of having aftermarket wheels doesn't fly anymore.
It sounds like your idea of a modded car is a sound system and a body kit.
And body kits are called aero now.
No offense, but you're still stuck in 2002, please spend some time on the forums before purchasing anything for your car, your taste will change, everyone's does.

eastcoastS14
11-20-2007, 03:05 AM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/1120425686520.jpg

eastcoastS14
11-20-2007, 03:11 AM
that being said here are some cars with stock bodies and lowered with nice wheels

now you cant tell me that this
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/KoukiWarehouse2.jpg

this
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/duffman3.jpg

or this
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/B2E8C1FC20016.jpg

looks bad

and for the record

here's mine
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/big14.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/big10.jpg

stock body 17x9 +15 17x10 +12 pulled fenders and they dont rub and the car was not sitting too low at all

slapping $99 wheels on your car and keeping it stock height will only make it look like shit...but it is your money do what you want.....we will only point and laugh when you do

Dirty Habit
11-20-2007, 06:15 AM
This thread has pretty much become completely worthless.

I think the op was the only one who never realized it was worthless from the start.

Other than make us giggle.:keke:

JoeC1982
11-20-2007, 09:33 AM
17x9 4 lugs at enjuku racing for a pretty decent price too.

cxlo8331
11-20-2007, 09:58 AM
this thread is comedy. lock it up.
almost as good as:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=164725&highlight=idiot

jeeper_x
11-20-2007, 10:41 AM
"You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?" = point of this thread....

240truk
11-20-2007, 10:43 AM

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/julianjacobs/untitled.jpg
You are a ricer. You should have realized by now that you are asking these questions in the wrong place. With stock ride height pretty much anything will fit. At this point why would the offset even matter to you? stock height fails in the first place so might as well leave it looking finished and crappy instead of good offset and waiting to lower it (unfinished) make sense? Just put on whatever wheels you like because obviously you are making this car look how YOU want it and not how you think others would like it. Its gonna look like crap any way you go about stock height and aftermarket wheels... done

firelizard
11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
LOL that's my old S14. Put on your glasses and look closer. It's the navan aerokit. It was NOT molded on it was color matched and installed the right way. The car still has original factory paint.
Ah! My bad, foot in mouth, foot in mouth!
I could have sworn it looked moulded in that side view
:hsdance:

exitspeed
11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I think the best answer was provided on the first page honestly. Just buy stock SE wheels and be done. If you aren't looking for something aggressive because you can't lower your car for whatever reason then at lease make it look like a good stock car.

red s14
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM

go to nico then!!!

ZX88
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Just get some cheap 17x8 and 225tire you wont have to pull or get spacers or anything i run this on my s13 and im tucking tire and don't rub so you should be good with anything 17x8 35+ or lower in offset since you don't care and rather have wheels than suspension just gets some sportmax or any other knockoff brand wheels for about 120 each or so. i rather run steelies with coilovers than 17s with stock suspension its going to feeling like your driving a truck.. a monster truck.

EJ253
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
17x8/9 ET+30 ish would be conservative and decent for an s14

you could always space them out later when you grew some balls too

azndoc
11-20-2007, 12:01 PM
No comment.

msgthisuhoash

motorsnail
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n17/nissan_blood/rytewtyry.jpg Anotha thread is ova!!

jspec240
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
check these out, cheap deep dish

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/RoadRaceSeries.htm

Phlip
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
This shit CAN'T be serious.