PDA

View Full Version : Custom exhaust piping cost

SaGang227
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I just got a quote for custom piping, 3" stainless steel with resonator and magnaflow muffler for $350.
He said if I bring my own parts, labor is $250.
This is the cheapest price around my area but I've heard of people getting labor done under $100.
Where do you get your piping work done at and how much was it?

motorsnail
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Any exhaust shop shouldnt charge that much for labor it takes like 5 minutes to do. Should be at most $75 that is even to much I would only pay $30 but im an ass hole:bigok:

Bushido
11-19-2007, 11:23 AM
ehh...600 bucks?
id go ebay, unless you are doing some crazy fender exit exhaust..

bigOdom1
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Attn Everyone: a test pipe has no engineering behind it, its function is to replace a catalytic converter when you take your car to the track. it is supposed to be temporary and is not "needed"

now the shop guy is saying that because he makes money selling the pipes and the muffler. just welding takes him no time and he barely makes any money.

to begin with go in and tell the guy its only three bends and like 2-4 welds on an s chassis with a muffler and catco converter. the catco should cost about 100 a dynamax muffler is probably 150 and the piping/labor is the other 100 dollars. 350 for exhaust is a good price. a resonator is just a peice of pipe with flanges. if you add that in to the cost it will be more/will replace the cost of the converter but i would just go without a converter/testpipe

Dousan_PG
11-19-2007, 11:34 AM
just buy a legit exhaust from somewhere
fuck this guy

what a rip off.

custom exhaust is like max 150 bucks for crush bend.
all the piping, muffler, etc.

mandrel bend, quite a bit more
but at that point, just buy an aftermarket one.

if u are paying retail costs thru a shop, get a off the shelf one

if u have hookups or a real good shop, get it custom.

SaGang227
11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks for all the inputs.
He is going to use 2 cut out sections of mandrel bends for the muffler section but everything else is crush bends.
I just can't find any other shop for cheaper price.
Does anybody have a recommendable shop in northern virginia?

motorsnail
11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all the inputs.
He is going to use 2 cut out sections of mandrel bends for the muffler section but everything else is crush bends.
I just can't find any other shop for cheaper price.
Does anybody have a recommendable shop in northern virginia?

Just go to any exhaust shop its not space enginering its welding.......Look in the phone book

Dousan_PG
11-19-2007, 11:59 AM
mexican shops rule
do they have mexicans in Virginia?
we try and take over everywhere

if your food is real good, we are there.

240trainee
11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Not where he lives, gotta come down to the ghetto in Richmond for that shit.

Except there aren't any cheap/ experienced Mexi shops here, most of them are cheap and theres a reason.

motorsnail
11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Not where he lives, gotta come down to the ghetto in Richmond for that shit.

Except there aren't any cheap/ experienced Mexi shops here, most of them are cheap and theres a reason.

No when a mexican says $25 give him $35 and you will get a good exhaust. Shit with the prices he said give them $100 I bet you get some shit thats not even out yet:keke:

White Comet
11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
damn, that price is crazy. theres a local place here that made the 3" cat back on my fc for $90 ( i brought my own muffler) the same place did the exhaust on my dad's friend's 69 camaro and they do amazing work so its not like some little shitty place that does crap. when i put a megan racing header and test pipe on my wifes car it was too short and wouldnt match up to the factory cat back. i drove it to this place w/ no appointment to get them to make a cat back for it. they said they were busy and probably wouldnt get to it today and i said that was fine i'd just drop it off. they did 2.25" piping w/ a res chamber (i requested a res chamber since i didnt want it to sound buzzy and ricey) and magnaflow thunderbolt ss muffler. the total bill was $220 and it sounds awesome, best sounding integra i've heard and ive been complimented on it many time. i forget the exact breakdown of the bill but they charged 4480 for the muffler

jfc3po
11-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Northern VA is owned by korean people....fucking koreans.....

(btw im half korean.....)

SaGang227
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Well I'm a Korean myself so I better start calling some koreans lol.

GabeS14
11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Shit, theres millions of Koreans in Los Angeles too man, hehe
I l:coolugh: ive with one!

Matej
11-19-2007, 03:28 PM
My 3" cost $50.

SW20Racer
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
for real dude between all the shops ive used over the years ive never payed more than $100 for the piping (mandrel bent) on any of the cars ive owned. offer to help bring or them beer, be their buddy and they'll be yours

driftxing
11-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I'd buy an ebay exhaust. If you can't stand the sound, buy an apex or borla muffler and have them weld it up.

jackjack
11-19-2007, 10:16 PM
mexican shops rule
do they have mexicans in Virginia?
we try and take over everywhere

if your food is real good, we are there.

HELL YES :bigok:

White Comet
11-21-2007, 10:44 AM
I'd buy an ebay exhaust. If you can't stand the sound, buy an apex or borla muffler and have them weld it up.
i plan on doing this, but i'll weld it up myslef