PDA

View Full Version : Need for speed PRO-Street?!?

irax
11-16-2007, 10:28 AM
The game released a couple of days ago, and NO ONE has the xbox version? I checked ALL the local stores and only one told me the truth. They ALL said that they were sold out, when in fact the xbox360 version was just delayed? Has anyone been able to get their prostreet yet?

Farzam
11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't know anyone who's gotten prostreet yet

What's it like anyways?

Prostreet sounds kinda drag race-ish

origin_s135
11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
it's probally like any other need for speed, i just youtube'd it to see some gameplay and it had drifting in it. but i'm not getting this game even though i own a 360. since i have both consoles[360,ps3], i'll wait for GT.

irax
11-16-2007, 10:53 AM
nah, its moar driftzors and more realistic crash physics its going to be pretty sweet!

Tops*
11-16-2007, 10:54 AM
nah, its moar driftzors and more realistic crash physics its going to be pretty sweet!

So it's actually a sweet game?

I bought a PS2, 2 controllers, and D1GP from a friend for $60 a week ago. I just bought GT4 with my Barnes & Nobles gift card for $20. Thought about buying Pro-Street, but no. The game had shitty reviews on IGN. The commercial for the game was sweet though. Had an S15 and an Evo (?) drifting at the beginning. If I can drive an S15 in the game, I'll buy it. There's also Juiced: Hot Import Nights that recently came out.

SoCal-s130
11-16-2007, 10:56 AM
It's a cool game if you liked how most wanted and carbon felt. It's cool because they brought back all the modes from nfsu2. And it's got a hatch in it!

Farzam
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Maybe it'll have some actual cool aero

Gaelen
11-16-2007, 11:03 AM
it's a decent game, I got it for PS2, $30 was worth it for me.
So far the grip and drag racing have been fun (although they give you a cobalt to drag with)

BustedS13
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
i'll wait for GT

you're gonna be waiting a long time.

looks like a renter to me.

Saltman
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Well I got it for PS2 the day it came out. Went home and played it and...
HATED IT. Sorry, but the cars graphics are cool, but the feel of the game sucks. I liked NFSU and NFSU2 best because of the control of the cars. In this game, there is no more free driving. You are limited to only tracks. They DO have Willow Springs but the feel just sucks. In a grip race, if you are in a FR car and hit the brakes and turn, you keep sliding forward with mad understeer. The drifting portion sucks too. I bought mine from Best Buy and I tried to take it back but they wouldn't accept it since it was opened. I ended up taking mines to Gamestop and getting at least half my money and so I traded it for GT4 since I didn't have that and I knew I could count on it for the best and most realistic control. But don't let me convince you that you shouldn't get it. But I highly suggest renting it first.

motorsnail
11-16-2007, 11:18 AM
The need for speed game have gotten worse and worse I would just go off that and say this one is gonna suck

Yuri
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
xbox360 has been delayed until today.
I plan on picking it up tonight.

I hope the S13 still uses the sound files taken from my car like NFS: Carbon did.

I'm just disappointed they reduced the damage model to make it friendlier to casual gamers. The original damage model was what you saw in the trailer, with broken spindles, crushed roofs, zipties, duct tape, etc.

Saltman
11-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I hate car damage in games. I always spend more money fixing my cars than anything and then going right back and tearing them up. That's what turned me off of SRS.

Farzam
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I like damage.

Fuck shit up and don't save the game

And it gives me an edge

Cause when people play a game they do unrealistic lines through the course and don't care to hit the wall or bump 20 cars, which leaves me, one who likes realism, left in the dust since i'm trying to do it like I would in real life, which is more fun then hitting NITRO BOOSTZ into a car to smash it off the track.

240trainee
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I hope the S13 still uses the sound files taken from my car like NFS: Carbon did.

WHUUUUUUUU?

Thats fucking rad

Saltman
11-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I like damage.

Fuck shit up and don't save the game

And it gives me an edge

Cause when people play a game they do unrealistic lines through the course and don't care to hit the wall or bump 20 cars, which leaves me, one who likes realism, left in the dust since i'm trying to do it like I would in real life, which is more fun then hitting NITRO BOOSTZ into a car to smash it off the track.

I agree for the most part. But I'm the type of person that plays dirty with the Computer, coming into a turn at 100mph and using the turning cars in front of me as a cushion to make the turn. LOL. :2f2f: But when I want to conquer a course perfect, then I play for real and try not to hit anything. But I do like Burnout 3 and the crashes on it. Awesome.

As for the S13 sound bytes, I didn't think it sounded like it at all when I tried the drifting portion. The G35 sounds like itself, but the S13 has a different pitch. To be honest, D1 was a better drifting game than this is.

Yuri
11-16-2007, 11:45 AM
As for the S13 sound bytes, I didn't think it sounded like it at all when I tried the drifting portion.

Does it pop and cackle when you let off the gas?
If it does, it's an SR with tanabe super medallion exhaust with an exhaust leak.

Flipzide
11-16-2007, 11:46 AM
how does the drifting feel like? anything like the old NFSU games? or is it better?

i remember trying the demo from the xbl marketplace, but a circuit race and a top speed race doesnt really give me a true feel of what the game is like.

Unholy S14
11-16-2007, 11:48 AM
SUCKS

this game will bring out even more bandwagoners.

the commercial is so stereotypical, gay ass dragon decals, motegi wheels, evo drifting, etc

ghey

Yuri
11-16-2007, 11:50 AM
SUCKS

the commercial is so stereotypical, gay ass dragon decals, motegi wheels, evo drifting, etc

ghey

evo's are fun to drift in real life.

Saltman
11-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Does it pop and cackle when you let off the gas?
If it does, it's an SR with tanabe super medallion exhaust with an exhaust leak.

No it didn't pop. But it was alot more whiny than anything I've ever heard. Definitely didn't sound like an SR, RB, nor a KA for that matter. Just sounded high pitched and whiny. No BOV sound either, just screeching tires.

how does the drifting feel like? anything like the old NFSU games? or is it better?

Feels like str8 booboo. I hated the controls. (R2) shift up, (R1) shift down, (L2) Clutch kick [and it doesn't kick like it should], (L1) Nos [and you use it while drifting too = GHEY. You couldn't change the controls to how you want either. Just have two options. And if you hit the brakes while going in a curve, it's very hard to slow down and you'll more than likely hit the wall. I'm sure I could've gotten better at it over time, but I didn't like it. Just my opinion though. Just rent it and see for yourself. I'll just stick to drifting on GT4.

Tops*
11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I agree for the most part. But I'm the type of person that plays dirty with the Computer, coming into a turn at 100mph and using the turning cars in front of me as a cushion to make the turn. LOL. :2f2f: But when I want to conquer a course perfect, then I play for real and try not to hit anything. But I do like Burnout 3 and the crashes on it. Awesome.

As for the S13 sound bytes, I didn't think it sounded like it at all when I tried the drifting portion. The G35 sounds like itself, but the S13 has a different pitch. To be honest, D1 was a better drifting game than this is.

My lil' bro plays exactly like you and I play like Farzam. I always seem to get fucked on the last lap because my brother just T-bones me out of nowhere and the next thing I know I'm doing flips while my bro finishes the race.

If you guys want a drifting game, buy D1GP.

irax
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
SUCKS

ghey

Sure, if they had all 86's mx73, s12's or other aclectic drift cars, no one would be interested. OF COURSE they have all the trendy car's that NO ONE on this forum has in the commercial WHO GIVES A SHIT! Are they not marketing the game solely to the assholes of Zilvia? Because who gives a shit! There is more drift cars than nissan, mazda's, and toyotas!

your ghey

Saltman
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
My lil' bro plays exactly like you and I play like Farzam. I always seem to get fucked on the last lap because my brother just T-bones me out of nowhere and the next thing I know I'm doing flips while my bro finishes the race.

If you guys want a drifting game, buy D1GP.

Hahahaha. That's hilarious. Of course, when playing Tourist Trophy, I can't play like that and I have to play for real. When I want to feel challenged though, I play like you do.

AznDrftr.
11-16-2007, 12:07 PM
I was thinkin about gettin the game...hmm still gonna take a look at some few things.

Unholy S14
11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Sure, if they had all 86's mx73, s12's or other aclectic drift cars, no one would be interested. OF COURSE they have all the trendy car's that NO ONE on this forum has in the commercial WHO GIVES A SHIT! Are they not marketing the game solely to the assholes of Zilvia? Because who gives a shit! There is more drift cars than nissan, mazda's, and toyotas!

your ghey

you prove my point exactly, yea there are many cars most cant afford and what do you think people will do with their cars ? do that same stupid crap.

act like a premie

steve shadows
11-16-2007, 12:30 PM
or you could go to THE RACE TRACK

jackjack
11-16-2007, 12:33 PM
hmm i've been wanting to buy it as well. hopefully its good.

Unholy S14
11-16-2007, 01:59 PM
or you could go to THE RACE TRACK

word, will they ? no because street racing is cool

TheSquidd
11-16-2007, 02:08 PM
SUCKS

Fast and the Furious had little effect on the scene.
I doubt a video game will have any more effect.

Quit acting like your shit is exclusive. 240s, drifting, and the whole import scene is anything BUT exclusive. Get used to it.

You're not original.
Drifting is not new and rare.
You are not special.
You have no stake in the scene.
You have no ownership which is being taken away by the growing popularity of the sport.
You and those of you like you have an attitude which is detrimental to the entire sport and scene.

Unholy S14
11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
never said its exclusive lol i dont even like drifting.

I hate posers in my town that do it, and every time they talk its need for speed this and that lol

TheSquidd
11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Then what are you worried about with band wagoners? Let them come, spend money and make the industry and aftermarket bigger and better.

BOROSUN
11-16-2007, 02:38 PM
i like the clutch manual option they have. i was playing (demo) the gtr with the clutch then realized gtr have no clutch.

oh once you flip over its gameover.

TheSquidd
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
i like the clutch manual option they have. i was playing (demo) the gtr with the clutch then realized gtr have no clutch.

oh once you flip over its gameover.

Much like real life.

Ask the guy at ASB2 that flipped his car.

legacy927
11-16-2007, 02:49 PM
So it's actually a sweet game?

I bought a PS2, 2 controllers, and D1GP from a friend for $60 a week ago. I just bought GT4 with my Barnes & Nobles gift card for $20. Thought about buying Pro-Street, but no. The game had shitty reviews on IGN. The commercial for the game was sweet though. Had an S15 and an Evo (?) drifting at the beginning. If I can drive an S15 in the game, I'll buy it. There's also Juiced: Hot Import Nights that recently came out.

juiced 2 HIN is an okay game...you can drive a s15 in the beginning of the game...its more like a tease..then later on, you got to unlock it.
Im pretty sure need for speed is going to bit better on Moding (performance wise).

TheSquidd
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
If you don't already have Forza 2, Get that. Seriously don't waste your time on these titles. They're child's play compared to Forza 2.

Dirty Habit
you're gonna be waiting a long time.

looks like a renter to me.

I was all set to buy it. Then I played it at a friends house. Horrible controls, all the cars sound the same. The physics suck too. Basically I did not buy the game due to the gameplay I experienced at my buddys place.

Ill wait for the next one...if its better.

legacy927
I hate car damage in games. I always spend more money fixing my cars than anything and then going right back and tearing them up. That's what turned me off of SRS.

same goes for the first juiced...

Sil-Abc
11-16-2007, 05:52 PM
same goes for the first juiced...

damage control is good cuz its challenging. just learn to drive simple solution

glad i read this thread :D back to the wii :)

hunter8411
11-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Meh, guess I'll be sticking to Forza 2.

irax
11-16-2007, 06:11 PM
never said its exclusive lol i dont even like drifting.

I hate posers in my town that do it, and every time they talk its need for speed this and that lol

I neg rep'd you on purpose! unlike the other jerk offs on this forum who posi rep and call you an asshole because they know your a premi. I act like one, maybe you should too. You agree with what I said in response to your comment but that act is contradictory to your comment. :jerkit: :jerkit:

Unholy S14
11-16-2007, 06:26 PM
premies dont go around calling others gay e thug

give it up already

Grendel
11-16-2007, 07:01 PM
If you don't already have Forza 2, Get that. Seriously don't waste your time on these titles. They're child's play compared to Forza 2.

Hell yea, Forza 2 is great. After playing Forza for a while, I played the Gran Turismo demo and couldn't really get into it. Not even sure I'm going to buy GT now :p

I played the prostreet demo, I'm not even going to rent the full game. I didn't like the way the cars controlled at all. Graphics weren't bad though.

Antihero983
11-16-2007, 09:16 PM
forza2 is overrated. its not a bad game, but i felt it wasn't a full blown sequel, almost as if it was forza 1.5

SimpleSexy180
11-16-2007, 10:38 PM
^zomg failtown. lol jk

s13Dr1ft
11-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Eh, its a game. No Need for speed game has realistic physics. It is a fun game to dick around with. If you want real, go drive your car.

legacy927
11-17-2007, 09:51 PM
damage control is good cuz its challenging. just learn to drive simple solution

glad i read this thread :D back to the wii :)

true...but its just gets annoying....

hahaha...ever since i got the xbox360...the wii is sitting in my closet..lol

Flipzide
11-17-2007, 11:36 PM
forza2 is overrated. its not a bad game, but i felt it wasn't a full blown sequel, almost as if it was forza 1.5

meh it's not overated, but it did feel like forza 1.5

i like the addition of the new cars and some varied tracks, but i didnt like how they made the test track into 8.

i was also mad that they took out the shipyard and mountain course..

i miss autocross too

irax
11-18-2007, 07:50 AM
ok so I finally got my copy of pro-street and honestly they really messed it up by trying to hard to be unique and innovative in the menu system. It is rather confusing and difficult to navigate the first time around. Trying to setup a practice game at all is very difficult! The menu IS the most difficult part of the game. What is just HORRIBLE about it is, you can't use 1 car for every type of race, it has to be a car specific for that class! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT? In the game you start off with an s13 hatch back (do they think that hatchback s13 are the only kind that exist?) And all that hatchback can do is GRIP! but not drag racing? I don't get it! For every type of race they give you a choice of a car to use, then when you win it you can chose that car or one of the other options. And then that car can ONLY be used for that kind of race? They had a good thing with Carbon, but they just flushed it all away when it 'tried' to make it moar realistic. NFS PRO-Street is more like NFS - WE HOPE YOU LIKE NOPI FEST, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THIS GAME IS <3! I was hoping for more of a Forza with Auto-sculpt.

Although!
If you like racing games, and you can sit through the worst of what this game offers, the drifting is fun and challenging! And the selection of wheels is better this time around! And you can now autosculpt stock wheels BUT you can't put on an exhaust unless you have a body kit WTF IS THAT ABOUT?

This game is 25 % Awesome 25% OK 50% WTF???????

I mean having a set of work equips and the paint of the car AND the face of the wheels reflecting in the chrome of the lips is pretty freaking sweet!

sileightyfreak
11-18-2007, 09:05 AM
if ur gonna buy a racing game, u shouldnt buY the most riced-out ones (nfsu, nfsu2, nfs carbon, etc). all those games dont have real life tuning in any way and the game play s awful. an addition it gives a bad name to those who appreciate what a car should b. but thats the publics opinion on wat a "import car" or should look like. i recommend ALL GT games, and forza 1 & 2. very life like and the drifting s decent as well. thats my two cents.

irax
11-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Yeah I agree mostly, but arcady racing games are fun too and thats the point of NFS games, if you want strictly simulation? Gran Tourismo and Forza are great but still arcady, other than an actual racing simulator like that free one Live For Speed, there really isn't a 100% simulation racing game that has tuning and ease like the games mentioned.

sileightyfreak
11-18-2007, 09:30 AM
yeah thats tru too lol. arcades r fun... i jus cant get enough of initial d 4 and maximum tune3. imma wangan racer and the touge champ lol

cwd240
11-18-2007, 06:16 PM
You can't compare forza or gt with any NFSU games, they are two totally different types of games. I just bought Pro Street and granted it's not the best racing game ever created, it's still pretty fun. Forza and GT are simulations, NFSU games are arcade based. I personally like the realism of Forza but it gets kind of repetitive after awhile, and that's where Pro Street comes in.

sileightyfreak
11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
tru lol... but i kinda blam the fact that the publics misconception of the import scene started from these crap games... flamboyant graphics, fart cans for mufflers, hell even neon lights, etc. they r fun games, dont get me wrong, but its a bad image for JDM lovers like myself. but overall i jus like the racing

BustedS13
11-18-2007, 08:05 PM
if ur gonna buy a racing game, u shouldnt buY the most riced-out ones (nfsu, nfsu2, nfs carbon, etc). all those games dont have real life tuning in any way and the game play s awful. an addition it gives a bad name to those who appreciate what a car should b. but thats the publics opinion on wat a "import car" or should look like. i recommend ALL GT games, and forza 1 & 2. very life like and the drifting s decent as well. thats my two cents.

yeah, who wants to play an arcade racer? if it's not 100% true to life, fuck it.

jesus christ. people play video games to ESCAPE from reality. don't tell me what i shouldn't buy.

ATLspeed
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
if you have a ps2 and you get it for $30...expect to play a $30 NFS lol...you can do a brakestand/burnout/etc. in spot and there are no tire marks!!! LOL

sileightyfreak
11-18-2007, 09:17 PM
hahahahahahah... wat ev but its cool tho... video games r about escaping reality. i agree to that statemnt

fantom-s1324
12-19-2007, 11:09 AM
iv got prostreet for the Wii & i think its a lot better than the other n4s's. but i didnt realize till half way through the game that you can actually leave the career menu & go 2 the car lot & buy cars. but w/ the steering wheel for the Wii its not bad. tight courses are a bit tough but all in all not bad. the 1rst car i actually bought on there was an S15. but i do like the customizations except you have 2 buy those stupid exhaust tips! lame! but i also have D1GP for PS2. & i love that game. id much rather play that than most games. just my opinion.
:wiggle: side 2 side is fun!
late
brad

Kwonza Says
12-19-2007, 09:57 PM
So for the wii the gameplay and the sterring is not that bad? would you say people who have the wii get it? or is there any other racing games for the wii that is not bad?

HyperTek
12-19-2007, 10:53 PM
this game is blah...
the time attack /grip stuff is kinda fun with a steering wheel but thats it..

Z33dori
12-20-2007, 12:28 AM
my take on it..have it since release...just got rid of it.

Its fun and diff but it sucks........its stupid easy the fucked up the drifting again
cars handle like boats........but i do love the clutch...

dont waste your money on this game

Matej
12-20-2007, 01:18 AM
I still think San Andreas has better physics than any racing simulator, plus you can drive wherever you want. :bigok: