PDA

View Full Version : Monster Massive 07?

BPMKA24DE
11-16-2007, 12:52 AM
did anyone go?

that was fucking crazy! 38000 people!!!!!!!!!

i was shocked, loved it how ever!

any way next year im down big time!

i think i was the only one who wasnt on XTC!
DMN everyoen, i mean everyone were rollin!

was fun tho!

kouki_s14
11-16-2007, 12:59 AM
wow a bit of a late reaction no?

i was there, didnt drop, never do. wayyyyyyyyyyy too fuckin crowded, but fun

azndummie
11-16-2007, 02:11 AM
i went it was crazzzy fun

rainier
11-16-2007, 02:11 AM
monster has been crazy every year. i cant say i never dropped there though. was the best time of my life.

since then ive moved on from it. i wouldnt mind going next year though if ALL my friends decide to go.

grnappletree14
11-16-2007, 02:16 AM
bitch is ur rollin... i might be.. yup i did the thizz

fliprayzin240sx
11-16-2007, 02:16 AM
My last rave was Monster Massive 2K. Memories.........

thejapino
11-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Raves... Wow, they still have those? I'm getting old

:eek3d::eek3d::eek3d::hug::rofl::eek3d: :eek3d::hyper::kiss::yum:
:rolleyes::hyper::hyper::wavey::o:D:kiss::boink::p :hug:

Farzam
11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Hahaha

You went to a rave

And you didn't think people would roll?

I don't get where people get this idea from lately.

bitch is ur rollin... i might be.. yup i did the thizz

Are you kidding me

Dude

Learn lyrics before you talk

Saltman
11-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Raves... Wow, they still have those? I'm getting old

You and me both. I didn't know what the heck they were talking about at first. Been years since I been.

BPMKA24DE
11-16-2007, 11:59 AM
wow a bit of a late reaction no?

i was there, didnt drop, never do. wayyyyyyyyyyy too fuckin crowded, but fun

Yea the crowd shocked me! but it was outstanding event!

fucking CRAZY!:tweak:

next year im getting all my freinds to go with me from the bay nor cal, its fun when you go 5 or more! halla fun, actually drinking alOt and smoking some hash!:naughty: great great replacement for hard drugs!!!! so much fun!

anyone wanna check it out go on youtube and find the main room, 20000 ppl in one "room" and the Dj booth was big a 2 stry bulding!

excelent stuff!

swiftdrift
11-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I heard it was something like 50,000 ppl?

....but Im basically thizzin like everyday, me and mac dre, in the yay all day everyday....

i missed monster massive.... but im Fina hit Up SpeaRmInt! lol (winterfresh)

Who else is goin??????

stinky_180
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
monster massive is lame. hot, indoor, kids, washing machines, puddles. etc

all age raves are for lamers.

giant maximus however is 21+ and outdoor... but too bad tiesto is playing.. he sucks

http://www.cyborganization.org/trance.jpg

eastcoastS14
11-16-2007, 04:19 PM
lol raves....never heard of any around boston, from what ive seen they look so goofy tho....tards in stupid clothes playing with glow sticks and dancing like idiots....It would be sick to see tiesto live tho, but id probably lose my mide with 1,000 people bumping into me

kouki_s14
11-16-2007, 07:19 PM
monster massive is lame. hot, indoor, kids, washing machines, puddles. etc

all age raves are for lamers.

giant maximus however is 21+ and outdoor... but too bad tiesto is playing.. he sucks

http://www.cyborganization.org/trance.jpg

you're crazy, tiesto's live concert was sick

Yea the crowd shocked me! but it was outstanding event!

fucking CRAZY!:tweak:

next year im getting all my freinds to go with me from the bay nor cal, its fun when you go 5 or more! halla fun, actually drinking alOt and smoking some hash!:naughty: great great replacement for hard drugs!!!! so much fun!

anyone wanna check it out go on youtube and find the main room, 20000 ppl in one "room" and the Dj booth was big a 2 stry bulding!

excelent stuff!

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3711/n3432106358000779680cx6.jpg

this was around 10pm with probably 10,000 people still waiting to get in

s13Dr1ft
11-16-2007, 07:34 PM
lol raves...

Helghast
11-17-2007, 08:05 AM
It was meeeeeeeeeeeh.

Armin's set sucked compared to his Giant one.
Judge Jules Threw Down.

The DnB sucked, and I'm a "Junglist"

blah blah blah

Go to Winterfresh, See old school Alice Deejay.
I've been wanting to see the bitch forever.

... Tiesto's Live concert was alright.
I'm just hating on the mainstream people, period.

PRADOgy
11-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Raves.! Fucka Yea..

drift freaq
11-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Raves? Happenings!! Back in the 90's. Now? Kiddie wonderlands.
I know I used to promote(as in put them on) and perform at them.

PRADOgy
11-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Raves? Happenings!! Back in the 90's. Now? Kiddie wonderlands.
I know I used to promote(as in put them on) and perform at them.

what happened?

RON D CORE is still doing it?

SWEETISH EAGLE?

B18C5MK1
11-17-2007, 11:51 AM
lol raves...

http://www.i-mockery.com/antirave/main.php

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/shayleine/rave-2.gif

motorsnail
11-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Last rave I went to I left quick style. I was all cracked out on X and wanted to drive around and getting head from a fat girl sounded more fun then glow sticks and weirdos tuching me. Was really about to flip out. "Dude you touch me agian like that imma cut you" "The music maaaaan the music" "Fuck your music dont touch me":tweak:

s13Dr1ft
11-17-2007, 02:03 PM
who negged me? lmao...

swiftdrift
11-17-2007, 06:43 PM
who negged me? lmao...

become a premie :rawk:

Mr.S14
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
oh god raves, never been to one always thought, they were lame, and for ricers, but i wouldnt mind going to one, just one though

drift freaq
11-18-2007, 04:40 PM
oh god raves, never been to one always thought, they were lame, and for ricers, but i wouldnt mind going to one, just one though

Ricers? Raves have nothing to do with ricers. Ricers have nothing to do with Raves. lol . For all you young enough to hate without ever realizing what missed. Rave's at one time were very cool. At one time. Unfortunately it turned into a excuse for kids to go and roll on E hard at and nothing more. Sure there has always been E at the parties. Though it was about the Music originally.

Now there are some in the car scene that understand about this kind of stuff though there is a large majority that would not know cool if it hit them over the head with a brick.
Yup I said that and its fucking true. Gearheads are not always the coolest people or hip people on the planet. Not saying that Gearheads are not cool in their own way, buts its way different and a lot of gearheads are not big Music fanatics.
To the person that complained about the Rave being weird and people touching him because the were e'ing hard. Sorry about that dude but at the same time you have to learn accept when your in a place where that is going on that is whats going to happen lol.

As far as not being in the Scene or promoting events anymore. I write music all different types. For the business of Film and TV. I had fun but it changed. Its not the same anymore . I know a lot of the big DJ's and the only reason they are still in it is because its a paycheck. Otherwise its just work to them. They would not to a Event if they did not have to play. Though some of them write Music like I do. Music is my heart and soul. Parties were a passing thing that was once fun.

delphis
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Ricers? Raves have nothing to do with ricers. Ricers have nothing to do with Raves. lol . For all you young enough to hate without ever realizing what missed. Rave's at one time were very cool. At one time. Unfortunately it turned into a excuse for kids to go and roll on E hard at and nothing more. Sure there has always been E at the parties. Though it was about the Music originally.

Now there are some in the car scene that understand about this kind of stuff though there is a large majority that would not know cool if it hit them over the head with a brick.
Yup I said that and its fucking true. Gearheads are not always the coolest people or hip people on the planet. Not saying that Gearheads are not cool in their own way, buts its way different and a lot of gearheads are not big Music fanatics.
To the person that complained about the Rave being weird and people touching him because the were e'ing hard. Sorry about that dude but at the same time you have to learn accept when your in a place where that is going on that is whats going to happen lol.

As far as not being in the Scene or promoting events anymore. I write music all different types. For the business of Film and TV. I had fun but it changed. Its not the same anymore . I know a lot of the big DJ's and the only reason they are still in it is because its a paycheck. Otherwise its just work to them. They would not to a Event if they did not have to play. Though some of them write Music like I do. Music is my heart and soul. Parties were a passing thing that was once fun.

I still love the music, I have been partying since 96/97 and I still love it, go out almost every weekend although I promote shows and am a dj/producer as well, I still enjoy the environment and hanging out and partying, the scene has changed but it is still fun and like everything else it has evolved from what it once was like the punk scene. I actually work at skills in berkeley (known for the big nor cal parties Popsicle and Love Fest After Party) it is my lively hood and I work in a record store and get to talk about music all day long and make money doing it. I never thought when I was 15 going to raves that I would actually end up making such a good lively hood from it, but I got smart and did it by learning the gear and the behind the scenes aspect of it and worked my way up that way. But I have to say one thing, I am spoiled when it comes to the Massive shows, I like having ALL ACCESS which is what I don't get at any socal parties so I don't go because I can't escape the crowd of thugs and jocks trying to get up on 15 year olds that are dressed skimpier than some of the prostitutes I have seen.

ALTRNTV
11-18-2007, 05:22 PM
The scene died out for about 5-10 years, but is slowly coming back. My company is taking advantage of this by setting up some rave nights at our club events.

All my friends though are suddenly becoming e-tards.

HalveBlue
11-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Raves are dead. They died in '00 when one of the ravers in my scene ate all the PLUR. Sad but true.

The scene is still around but it's nothing like it used to be, and definitely not as fun anymore.

On the rare occassion that I go to a "rave" nowadays I find myself wondering whether it was really the community that changed or whether it was me.

The answer probably lies somewhere in the middle. But that doesn't change the fact that it's not the same anymore.

drift freaq
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I still love the music, I have been partying since 96/97 and I still love it, go out almost every weekend although I promote shows and am a dj/producer as well, I still enjoy the environment and hanging out and partying, the scene has changed but it is still fun and like everything else it has evolved from what it once was like the punk scene. I actually work at skills in berkeley (known for the big nor cal parties Popsicle and Love Fest After Party) it is my lively hood and I work in a record store and get to talk about music all day long and make money doing it. I never thought when I was 15 going to raves that I would actually end up making such a good lively hood from it, but I got smart and did it by learning the gear and the behind the scenes aspect of it and worked my way up that way. But I have to say one thing, I am spoiled when it comes to the Massive shows, I like having ALL ACCESS which is what I don't get at any socal parties so I don't go because I can't escape the crowd of thugs and jocks trying to get up on 15 year olds that are dressed skimpier than some of the prostitutes I have seen.
Heh Skills, I know those boys. I threw my Events in the bay area . Happy Happy Joy Joy in 92-93 and Diverse City from 93-98. I know about being spoiled with comps. I used to roll with the mantra of if I can't get in for free then its not worth going to . Basically I knew almost all the DJ's and the promoters. Even after I moved to socal I had comps down here as well. I used to write for XLR8R. Covered the NAMM show and did equipment reviews. I also wrote for REMIX magazine. Like I said earlier, music is my heart and soul. I am a sound engineer/producer and a composer. Three things in life I am crazy about, Music,Cars and Women. Two things I do to make money, Music and Cars.

SimpleSexy180
11-18-2007, 05:51 PM
its nothing like it used to be because not everybody and their mommah are into it anymore.

which is fine, because their is still a big crowd for it and in other countries the music is huge and always (hopefully) will be.

i would love to step into a Euro club and get hit with massive drum n bass from the speakers.

Helghast
11-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Shitty promoters over here have no balls to bring the best of Euro.

Instead they bring the same "Top 10 DJ" bullshit.

How many time do I have to see Paul Van Dyk or Armin or Tiesto?

..and that's why the scene is dying.

kouki_s14
11-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Raves are dead. They died in '00 when one of the ravers in my scene ate all the PLUR. Sad but true.

that reminds me, PLUR is supposed to be spelled PLURR

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect AND Responsibility
the e tards just tend to drop the last R

HalveBlue
11-19-2007, 09:26 PM
that reminds me, PLUR is supposed to be spelled PLURR

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect AND Responsibility
the e tards just tend to drop the last R

Wrong!

PLUR was the original spelling, which supposedly came about after a long diatribe by Franky Bones at a party back in the day.

I remember the extra R started showing up when the scene became huge and more and more media outlets started focusing on the drug overdoses.

The extra R was a marketing gimmick by promoters to try to disassociate raves from drugs, at least on the surface.

its nothing like it used to be because not everybody and their mommah are into it anymore.

which is fine, because their is still a big crowd for it and in other countries the music is huge and always (hopefully) will be.

i would love to step into a Euro club and get hit with massive drum n bass from the speakers.

Unfortunatley, I did not find this to be the case when I went back to Germany in '05. In the country that invented Trance, there were almost no clubs to be found that played EDM. Even the radio was almost totally devoid of EDM. Even on the weekends.

That doesn't mean that EDM in Europe has totally disappeared. Instead it has receeded to certain pockets.

It's kinda funny, when I left Germany in '96 it was almost impossible to NOT hear EDM. I was quite surprised when I went back in '05 and discovered that it was almost dead.

But I guess it's a good thing. I always felt that the massive amount of commercialization involved in the scene was one of its biggest problems.

Now if producers would only make decent tracks again. :-/