PDA

View Full Version : Fake MySpace profile drives girl to suicide.

Flipzide
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
http://images.townnews.com/stcharlesjournal.stltoday.com/content/articles/2007/11/15/news/sj2tn20071110-1111stc_pokin_1.ii11.jpg

http://stcharlesjournal.stltoday.com/news/sj2tn20071110-1111stc_pokin_1.ii1.txt

Yikes. :-/

The article itself is written in a weird way, but the story itself is pretty sad.

swift_style
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Damn, that's pretty sad. Falling for someone online that you've never even had a chance to talk with on the phone or see them in person.

illvialuver
11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
damn...
that so sad.
i feel bad for te parents of the girl who hung her self.

kcndizzle
11-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Huh, I can understand why the father had to get the family to leave before he hurt them... I would have burned their house down... The fake profile wouldn't have been nearly so heinous if friggin adults toyed with the emotions of a 14year old girl? Seriously there needs to be a lynch mob outside of that house...like tonight... Zilvia members lynch mob?

lovely240
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
yeah, that mom shouldve never allowed her daughter to add that fool in the first place...

lovely240
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Huh, I can understand why the father had to get the family to leave before he hurt them... I would have burned their house down... The fake profile wouldn't have been nearly so heinous if friggin adults toyed with the emotions of a 14year old girl? Seriously there needs to be a lynch mob outside of that house...like tonight... Zilvia members lynch mob?

im down:bigok:

Unholy S14
11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
yea....

http://www.mydeathspace.com/

B18C5MK1
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
ok seriously. to get that infatuated with someone over the internet is ridiculous. not to come off like an asshole, but from my interpretation of the article, the girl had some serious psychological problems BEFORE she met "josh"... her mom said she put the meaning of the "N" in her name as "neglected"... her parents, IMHO, are just as much to blame for their daughters suicide. yeah it sucks. but come on, she talked about suicide in 3rd grade... it probably only got worse from there. she should have been in counseling and probably on some drugs for her depression. not to mention probably a little more attention from her parents.

it says in the article that the mom is pissed with myspace... wth? its not myspace's fault that your daughter had no self confidence. yeah, she signed up when she was 13... but theres 14 some odd pages of guidelines for myspace accounts and a big "I AGREE TO THE TERM AND CONDITIONS" before you can sign up..

if i remember correctly, when i signed up for myspace back in 2002, it was more or less a dating site... i wouldnt let my kid sign up. heck, go ride a bicycle or something. go to the mall. make some friends. take some anti-depressents... you're 13 anyway. "josh" was 16. thats kinda sick.

i dont feel bad for the parents. i feel bad for the girl because she probably could have got some help. (like back when she was in 3rd grade!!!) seriously, 3rd graders talking about suicide? that should have been a HUGE red flag for the parents.

this reminds me of noobs on here that start new threads about how they got neg rep'd... :cry: dont go kill yourself over it guys. its just teh internet.

digitalightkenz
11-15-2007, 02:37 PM
fuck, that is just sad...

Andrew Bohan
11-15-2007, 02:38 PM
hella fucked up

way to go, neighbors

kcndizzle
11-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I totally agree it wasn't myspace's fault, and as for changing the laws of the state or federal laws or whatever to charge the malicious parents? Not gonna happen, but vigilante justice; I feel is completely in order... And I thought she was getting help, didn't it say that in the article? Or they knew that she had add and emotional problems, I Just assumed she was getting help...

AznDrftr.
11-15-2007, 02:42 PM
damn man, wtf.

k's_silvia2.0
11-15-2007, 02:50 PM
HAH Myspace is fucking stupid.What happened to hey lets just hang out in person.

kensreliableb18b
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
this is wrong on so many levels.

for people criticizing the parents, saying the girl could have gotten more help, seriously, theres only so much you can do. knowing from first hand experience, its not like you can be next to that person 24/7. and yea, you read the story now and it points out all the red flags, but if you live the reality of it, every single action is a possible red flag.

and to top it off, it wasnt just a kid playing a joke on another kid, grown adults were in on it. how ignorant can you be? i'd totally hold the neighbors liable for her death.

motorsnail
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
HAH Myspace is fucking stupid.What happened to hey lets just hang out in person.

Yeah people on myspace wierd me out.......wheew gives me chills thinking about myspace peoples:loco:

Unholy S14
11-15-2007, 02:59 PM

maybe because some are too far away ? i keep in touch with a friend in cali through myspace.

B18C5MK1
11-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I totally agree it wasn't myspace's fault, and as for changing the laws of the state or federal laws or whatever to charge the malicious parents? Not gonna happen, but vigilante justice; I feel is completely in order... And I thought she was getting help, didn't it say that in the article? Or they knew that she had add and emotional problems, I Just assumed she was getting help...

either way, if my kid had emotional problems. the last thing i would let him/her do is sit up in their room aweing over some hot boy/girl that they dont even know. especially at her age.

"Mom! Mom! Mom! Look at him!" Tina Meier recalls her daughter saying.

Josh had contacted Megan Meier through her MySpace page and wanted to be added as a friend.Yes, he's cute, Tina Meier told her daughter. "Do you know who he is?"

"No, but look at him! He's hot! Please, please, can I add him?"

Mom said yes. And for six weeks Megan and Josh - under Tina's watchful eye - became acquainted in the virtual world of MySpace.

^^^coming from a kid with obviously MAJOR emotional problems, her mom is going to let her 13 year old daughter add a 16 year old boy she's never met, seen, or talked to... under her "watchful eye" bs. i bet they didnt pay any attention to their daughter and now shes dead.. so they went back through the emails to figure things out.... hell, she's lucky that Josh didnt want to meet up.. and he wasnt some crazy pedophile... and then three years later they find their daughters remains in a plastic bag out in the boonies.. like that one story a few months ago.

whatever happened to kids saying "hey, wanna go play?"

now they just sit on the internet all day, eating mcrib's, and thinking about the hot guy's / girl's in their top 8... and what people think of them on myspace.

i have no self confidece so i'll hold the camera up above my head at an angle. no flash. i'll adjust the rest on photoshop. jeez i'm so cool. i love 'life'.

motorsnail
11-15-2007, 03:02 PM
maybe because some are too far away ? i keep in touch with a friend in cali through myspace.

I dont know I kind of like to use "The Phone" to do that its not just "A Phone" its "The Phone" ok im done I need food

Unholy S14
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
well you can use the phone, ill be ok with the intraweb

slider2828
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Damn parents got another thing to worry about instead of drugs, sex, violence and kids have more to like school, etc etc.... I just recently talked to my friend about having kids and its like wtf do we do nowdays man. Can teach them a lesson, lectures don't work, more and more temptations out there.... Man ima going to pray I have a smart understanding kid..... otherise its going to be a tough lesson of parenting I swear.

steve shadows
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I can honestly say I am not upset at all she is dead.

this is also the PARENT's responsibility to take notice of insane children.

the INTERNET WILL KILL YOU :tweak:

jrocslider
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
damn... and this was done by so called adults? what a fucked up worl we live in today.

Farzam
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I'd be brutally honest but y'all would get butthurt about it.

So all i'm gonna say is...

Darwin theory ftw.

B18C5MK1
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
the other day this dumbass 16 year old kid cut me off in his lifted bro truck in front of the high school. i told him "hey man, why dont you do the world a favor and kill yourself?"

should i be held accountable if "mini fred durst" decides to slit his wrists tonight?

k's_silvia2.0
11-15-2007, 03:22 PM

I guess for me its just the whole thing how people start living in Myspace instead of being socially active.The whole sidekick,ipod,myspace age were in is full of anti-socialites:loco: .Like you see a group of people doing what looks to be hanging out......but they all are either texting,listening to the ipod,or just on the phone with someone else.It just bothers me:fawkd: .

B Love
11-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd be brutally honest but y'all would get butthurt about it.

So all i'm gonna say is...

Darwin theory ftw.

Yea I have to second that shit :werd:

EvilRB
11-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Thats fucked up I hope that family gets karma handed back to them!!

But is there a cliff notes to this story or something??!!
That was just to long to say depressed girl died because ex friend and family crated fake account pretending to be a boy she liked and played with her mind.
there i just did it!

RIP Megan

LimitedEdition
11-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Sad thing. Fucked up thing the neighbors did. Maybe the world would be better without those people.

mRclARK1
11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Find me a 13 year old girl today who isn't vulnerable, or struggling with self image in some ways these days.

Everyone in this mess sounds fucked up to me.

If I ever have kids, especially girls, God help anyone who ever messes with them in any way. I'm soooo protective of people I love it's not even funny. With my own flesh and blood I'd be infinitely more so...

fromxtor
11-15-2007, 04:56 PM
What is w/ the only pic they could find to put on her grave was a myspace "angles" pic wtf? Oh and btw there are F22s flying over my head right now. :D

yudalicious
11-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Find me a 13 year old girl today who isn't vulnerable, or struggling with self image in some ways these days.

For sure. It sounds like the family was pretty vigilante in looking out for Megan, but didn't want to be overbearing parents. The neighbors who created the account are assholes, I hope they get theirs.

kyoru
11-15-2007, 07:07 PM
man what the hell? how can an adult make an account for such an evil purpose? such a sad story.

DRavenS13
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
This whole scenario was childish. The mom should not have let her have a myspace being only 13, let alone knowing she had psychological issues. Then a bunch of grown people ganging up on this girl because their daughter and the girl didn't get along?

That is some foul shit. I'd hand those people their fucken assholes to them if they ever tried to do some stupid ass shit like that. The parents broke the foosball table- I would have taken said sledgehammer to their faces.

firelizard
11-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Man, that's fucked up that adults were behind it. Seriously fucked up.

czarli
11-15-2007, 10:06 PM
So sad she's no longer with us...

SexPanda
11-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Natural Selection at its finest.

Somehow I think im going to get neg repped for that comment....

brndck
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
i don't haves any real friends. just ones on teh myspace. i guess its sad that the girl killed herself, but anyone who gets that upset about what someone on teh interweb says needs to check themselves. asap. like a few people on this forum who start threads that somehow make it to page 11.

DRavenS13
11-15-2007, 11:15 PM
According to the story, "Josh" had started talking to other people from her school, and they all ganged up on her and started calling her fat and a slut and all this stuff. She already had self-esteem problems so that didn't help.

All in all, it was a mean and evil thing to do.

StaticX27
11-15-2007, 11:56 PM
She was receiving medical help and therapy for her emotional problems, that much was made clear in the article. Like several have said here, toying with the girl's emotions like that knowing she was unstable, and knowing what buttons to push is no different than killing her yourself. They may not have killed her, but they psychologically bullied her to the point that an already unstable child would respond in the way she did.

Myspace is not to blame, its the family creating this fake account. Even their joke was in poor taste; creating a profile for the sole purpose of making the girl infatuated and then dumping her, expecting everyone to laugh it off like it was some joke? If my friends did that to me, I know I wouldn't find it amusing, and I'm 10 years older than that girl. Will I kill myself? No, but I'm also not going through puberty where all your emotions are biologically imbalanced, on top of her existing psychological problems.

atom
11-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Natural Selection at its finest.

Somehow I think im going to get neg repped for that comment....

It would have been real natural selection if the girl had taken out the other family in a murder suicide..........

The girl might not have been right in the head but the parents of that other girl are way more screwed up. Adults screwing with a mentally unstable teenage girl, fucking heinous.

hijack3d
11-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Myspace is not to blame, its the family creating this fake account. Even their joke was in poor taste; creating a profile for the sole purpose of making the girl infatuated and then dumping her, expecting everyone to laugh it off like it was some joke? ...

Well said.. It's like "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." And this definitely isn't the first time they've kinda made made myspace out to be "the reaper." I know it's been on the news about a handful of times before, about different kids (like 11-16 year-olds).. It's so sad to see that there are some people out there who have too insecure to let people be..

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
11-16-2007, 01:08 AM
wow that sucks. such pain and suffering for nothing!

FaLKoN240
11-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Blah, read enough of it to get the basic gist of the story. Sounds like some fucked up shit.

The neighbors, OBVIOUSLY immature, and needed to get a life and confront the girl in person, instead of making her kill herself over myspace, the whole thing is dumb, and immature.

NemeGuero
11-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Internet is serious business.

Koopa Troopa
11-16-2007, 06:18 AM
I'd have whooped the shit out of those parents but whatever... That's extremely horrible. How childish could those parents be? They should be tarred and feathered in the town square.

murda-c
11-16-2007, 08:48 AM
real gangsters use seppuku

NoPis1O
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
RIP megan meier

thats messed up that the parents had a part real messed up i blame them. oh and the HONDA OWNERS I BLAME THEM TO!!

ixfxi
11-16-2007, 11:30 AM
theres no substitute for bad parenting

no reason she should have been on myspace

i would have stamped her request as DENIED

Koopa Troopa
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
One of these days someone will kill themselves due to what someone on Zilvia said to them...

Farzam
11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
One of these days someone will kill themselves due to what someone on Zilvia said to them...

I can't wait, it's gonna be so awesome!!!!!!!:wackit:

Flipzide
11-16-2007, 02:36 PM

exactly what i was thinking. lots of the new guys are rather sensitive.

steve shadows
11-16-2007, 02:37 PM
i hope the population start to CONTROL* itself faster

so demand can go down for resources and gas

theicecreamdan
11-16-2007, 02:38 PM
but come on, she talked about suicide in 3rd grade... it probably only got worse from there. she should have been in counseling and probably on some drugs for her depression. not to mention probably a little more attention from her parents.

She was, its in the story. Just because a little girl has some issues doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to do some of the things that normal little girls like to do. Maybe her parents could have been a little more on top of things, but the blame still goes mostly to the shitbags that made a fake myspace to toy with the emotions of a little girl. Its bad enough to mess with a girl that age emotionally, its fucking UNACCEPTABLE to mess around with the emotions of a girl that age that they know has depression issues and has already considered suicide.

Suicide thoughts put people on an international "Do not fuck with" list.

The girl shouldn't have been allowed on myspace, but just because her parents did allow her does not mean anything that happens to her is their fault. If I leave the keys to my truck in the ignition and I walk away its still 100% wrong for someone to steal it.

When I have kids I'll be prepared to go to prison over their lives. Don't worry about whether the police think I vandalized their shit.

The neighbors, OBVIOUSLY immature, and needed to get a life and confront the girl in person, instead of making her kill herself over myspace, the whole thing is dumb, and immature.

CRIMINALLY immature.

Koopa Troopa
11-16-2007, 02:40 PM
i hope the population start to CONTROL* itself faster

so demand can go down for resources and gas

Yeah, more stupid people need to hit alt + f4

eastcoastS14
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
kids a tard but it still is sad either way.....honestly i can say after being through middle school and high school and seeing my little cousin just starting high school now I would never want to be a girl. Girls just tear into each other so hard, some girls are just plain cold....talking shit, spreading rumors...if i was a chick id probably kill myself too...fuck just doing or saying the wrong thing is social suicide.

I had a friend who hung himself when he was in 8th grade and I was in 6th....looking back on it now we were so young, but at that age any problem seems like it just consumes your whole life....most of us make it just fine but take a kid with problems and no one to talk to and they can end up with a lot of problems

VROOOM
11-16-2007, 04:18 PM
i see this happening again and again. the way people talk to each other on the internet is absolutly pathetic. they have no respect for anyone.

eastcoastS14
11-16-2007, 04:20 PM
^ fuck you bitch....go kill yourself...ill fuck your whole family

:love:

VROOOM
11-16-2007, 04:21 PM
my point exactly

tre
11-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Internet is Rated M. Kids should not be allowed to be on it. Just like the 13 y/o in halo. lol

SexPanda
11-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Internet is Rated M. Kids should not be allowed to be on it. Just like the 13 y/o in halo. lol

yeah those bastards are always killing my ass on there. Lol once i was playing and this guy totally raped me with a grenade... The I hear "ok mom I'll be done in a second"

But anyhow, i made a fake profile once. I was a 13 year old girl named samantha... You wouldnt believe how many friend requests I got within an hour... From 40 year old men. The internets are a fuckd up places man.

!Zar!
11-17-2007, 03:19 AM
Haha. Bitch couldn't cope with life.

Too bad noobs and other failures at life didn't take the same action as she did.

I mean really? Wtf.

jackjack
11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
whoa..... thats crazy.

Farzam
11-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I finally read the story

That mom deserves a biggg national monument for sure

pluyee
11-18-2007, 12:51 AM
no that mom deserves a slap in the face for drinking/and/or smoking while loaded

Nachtmensch
11-18-2007, 01:30 AM
ADD kicked in halfway though

Farzam
11-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Here's a shorter, better article.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Megan_Meier