PDA

View Full Version : More masked maniac remakes...Jason anyone?

exitspeed
11-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I like this one...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/05/Jasonf.jpg

Friday the 13th Gets a Director
Nispel to helm Jason Voorhees horror remake.
by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, November 14, 2007 - Back in September we reported that writers Damian Shannon and Mark Swift were hired to pen the script for the forthcoming Friday the 13th remake. Well, the Freddy vs. Jason scribes must have been hard at work as the project is now ready for a director, with The Hollywood Reporter announcing that Marcus Nispel is in final negotiations to helm the pic.

Former music video helmer Nispel is no stranger to the horror genre, having already directed the 2003 remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, although this update sounds like it will be more of a departure than the Leatherface re-do.

For starters, unstoppable serial killer Jason Voorhees will show up early rather than late in the proceedings (as in the original). Also, in spite of the fact that he didn't actually don his hockey mask until Friday the 13th Part III, it seems that Jason will be wearing the iconic headgear early on this time around.

- New Line Home Ent.
Jason makes his point in Freddy vs Jason

Aside from that, little else is known about the film, although apparently the famous Crystal Lake setting will be retained.

The 2008 version should shoot sometime this winter, with Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller on producing duties.

Unholy S14
11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
should be good

exitspeed
11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I liked the Texas Chainsaw remake...This will probably be more of the same, which is fine by me.

Unholy S14
11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
yea i agree with you though i hope its more fast pace.

IIIXziuR
11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
I know for a fact this is going to get messed up.
It was fine as it was, what is with all these silly holly wood remakes nowadays?
Halloween was beefed up by Rob Zombie and now this?
I mean its cool if they were making another film in the series but, this is just some tacky 21st century remake IMO.
The story line of course will be different and Jason wasn't even in the first film persé.

We'll see......
I just hate when horror films get hacked up.

jackjack
11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
read about this a while ago....... although they didnt have ANY info besides they wanted to do a remake. NICE.

ixfxi
11-14-2007, 07:19 PM
i dont typically like remakes.....

but when it comes to friday 13th, halloween or nightmare on elm.... i try to give it a watch.

rob zombie halloween wasnt bad, wasnt great - it was decent. i'll watch it but NEVER own it. the originals are worth owning. theres NO room in my heart for shitty or even decent remakes, only originals.

with that said, i dont usually post on IMDB, but here were my comments on the last Jason X movie... it was a heap of shit, but not nearly as big of a heap as jason goes to hell.... god that was unwatchable.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0211443/board/flat/88146948

last one i liked was jason takes manhattan... not bad, not bad at all. fun stuff, especially when he socks off the boxer's head and it lands into the dumpster! haha

BustedS13
11-14-2007, 08:12 PM
For starters, unstoppable serial killer Jason Voorhees will show up early rather than late in the proceedings (as in the original). Also, in spite of the fact that he didn't actually don his hockey mask until Friday the 13th Part III, it seems that Jason will be wearing the iconic headgear early on this time around.

hay, let's shit all over the series.

HE WASN'T IN THE FIRST FUCKING MOVIE. he showed up in that chick's dream right before the credits.

unless this movie is jason's mom chopping up counselors, they're remaking part 2. and since he's wearing a hockey mask instead of a pillowcase, might as well call it the part 3 remake.

diomedes
11-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Now that Jason is scary. I would love to see more of him. In a movie killing people of course.

exitspeed
11-15-2007, 07:54 AM
hay, let's shit all over the series.

HE WASN'T IN THE FIRST FUCKING MOVIE. he showed up in that chick's dream right before the credits.

unless this movie is jason's mom chopping up counselors, they're remaking part 2. and since he's wearing a hockey mask instead of a pillowcase, might as well call it the part 3 remake.

He's REMAKING the movie. It's not supposed to have the EXACT same dialog, actors, scenes, plot, as the OG movie. The first movie was boring anyway. Who the fuck is scared of Jason's mom and her stupid as sweater? No one. Jason is the man, period. It's about time someone tries to set out to do some justice to the character. Like ixfxi said, the last handful of movies sucked terribly.

This dude did a good job on Texas Chainsaw IMO, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll do a good job with Jason.

I can't wait to hear that sweet sweet music again.

IIIXziuR
11-15-2007, 09:51 AM
I dunno, he just better not fuck this up or else Ill be dressed up like Jason
a lá Part V: The New Blood.

.....That movie sucked hard but not as Bad as Jason X or that retarded piece of trash Jason goes to Hell. The rest were all dope. I heart my horror films. Part VIII-Jason Takes Manhattan was awesome because it was so 80s. Shit I love the Friday the 13th franchise, I just don't want to see it done wrong for the sake of gay Holly Wood-ness.

For some reason I feel that a remake of Nightmare on Elm Street is not far behind. Everything is getting remade these days...