PDA

View Full Version : sr20 wireing question.

iwishiwas-all*
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey I did my own wiring on my redtop sr-to s13 chassis about 10 months ago, everything for the most part is fine, I daily the car and it runs ok, but on some hot days I will have some problems which I am starting to think are electrically related. When it is hot out or Ive been on a decently long drive, I will all of a sudden not have any power, my boost guage will show .5 bar the revs will go up realy slow and it will just be generally boggy, doesnt go anywhere. When I shut off the car for bout a min or less and turn it on its all peachy. My intuition says its a maf interference problem, which i think is caused by the heat. when I extended my Maf wires, I removed the shielding that comes on it and chucked it. I figured that was a norm because most people who do these wireing jobs dont have sheilding for the extended part so I figured it was fine. Is this true?
does the maf wire need to be shielded in order to operate correctly?\
Thanks for any input./

Z U L8R
11-14-2007, 10:46 AM
not really no @ the ground shielding. i use sheilded wire when extending customers' cars but on my own i don't and i have no issues.

my friend's sr20 car does the same thing. when it's hot it doesn't boost much. his turbo is his problem. your symptoms sound like his. does your turbo sound like a p/s pump that's running low on fluid?

iwishiwas-all*
11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
u know it does sound like its much louder at full spool than when its normal now that to say it, but no , no grinding or weezing like a p/s pump
what could be going wrong with the turbo to do that