PDA

View Full Version : any Iphone users on zilvia ?

Unholy S14
11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Im thinking about replacing my sidekick 3 with a Iphone

can you tell me what you like about it and what not

cons too

DRavenS13
11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I have a friend that works with someone that has hookups on Apple stuffs...

Wait till the next-gen iPhone comes out. These are crap on a stick.

The screen is too sensitive and breaks too easily. Riddled with bugs. If you have big ass hot-link fingers, this phone is not for you. It's usually not a good idea to get initial releases of new devices, because you do get all the glitches and crap that the company was too lazy to get rid of in a rush to get the phone out faster. I wanted to get one too, but after I was told about this, I didn't want to get it anymore.

Besides, the only company that carries it is AT&T. If you feel like getting nickeled-and-dimed and given a colonoscopy by your phone company, then go for it. I'd rather wait till something comes out that's better.

deolio
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
i got one yesterday :) it's a bitch to set up, so if you get one, have them do it at the store. i got fucked and had to get a new phone number. but it's sexy as hell. i tried to scratch the screen with a knife just to see if it was really unscratchable and it is, so i'm happy. the camera on it is also really good. (grandma paid for it for my birthday lol)

pignose4life
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
i also replaced my sidekick3 with an iphone and wow, its life changing. i just kept my tmobile plan and unlocked the iphone(i can help you do it if you want). but yeah this phone is so amazing, and its very very sturdy. i was supprised because i dont have a case or any screen protection and i dropped my iphone by accident out of my brothers lifted avalanche(its a 15inch lift) and i just saw it kart wheeling and fliping around all crazy and it ended up landing on the screen, i was scared to pick up and see the damage. anyways there was only scratches around the chrome, nothing major and no scrathes on the screen. so yeah pretty much the best phone in the world. takes amazing pics, great size, and its so easy to type on. the only thing i agree with the above statements is if you have fat fingers it is hard to type, my friend had to sell it cause his were to fat to type hah

azndoc
11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I have the iPhone. Her name is jasmine.

I love it. The quality of the pics and videos is awesome.

Its not too expensive now.

I dropped it last week and put a dent on the corner of it but its still working fine.

The only bad thing is the keyboard.

I'm posting this right now with the iPhone.

pignose4life
11-13-2007, 10:13 PM
i was supprised at how scratch resistant the screen is i put my keys in my iPhone pocket and not a scratch on it, go to the apple store and mess with it.

Unholy S14
11-13-2007, 10:13 PM
i also replaced my sidekick3 with an iphone and wow, its life changing. i just kept my tmobile plan and unlocked the iphone(i can help you do it if you want). but yeah this phone is so amazing, and its very very sturdy. i was supprised because i dont have a case or any screen protection and i dropped my iphone by accident out of my brothers lifted avalanche(its a 15inch lift) and i just saw it kart wheeling and fliping around all crazy and it ended up landing on the screen, i was scared to pick up and see the damage. anyways there was only scratches around the chrome, nothing major and no scrathes on the screen. so yeah pretty much the best phone in the world. takes amazing pics, great size, and its so easy to type on. the only thing i agree with the above statements is if you have fat fingers it is hard to type, my friend had to sell it cause his were to fat to type hah

thanks for that, you are coming from the same position im in.

btw i heard you cant unlock em anymore to use on tmobile. With the new software upgrade it bricks the phone. Is that true ?

Edcel
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
i have the iphone too...att sucks with service. It is still new and has glitches but the phone will evolve with the updates soon to come..and if youre impatient you can hack it and have all the crazy cool features just google apptapp for the iphone and be amazed...im just scared cus i dont want to have an ibrick :/

pignose4life
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
no that's not true anymore you can now fully unlock 1.1.1 newest firmware and use tmoble without bricking, check out apptap I was also amazed by that
-sent from iPhone.

Unholy S14
11-13-2007, 10:50 PM
hhhmm well dude im gonna look into that.

can i get in trouble from tmobile ?

do i just take my sim out of my sk and put it in the iphone when its unlocked ?

ill just PM you when i get it ok ?

norcal_black240
11-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I have had my iphone for a month now and I love this phone. Its easy to use, picture quality on camera is awesome, using the internet is pretty sweet on it compared to my old pos phone.

I havnt had it glitch on me and they are going down in price.

Unholy S14
11-13-2007, 11:15 PM
does it have aim messenger ? cuz i need that lol

norcal_black240
11-13-2007, 11:28 PM
The phone has no instant messengers installed on it. Maybe if you hack it you can get a instant messenger? You could use e-messenger I guess on iphones safari if your really needed to instant message on the phone ( safari = internet explorer for apple )

eulalia
11-13-2007, 11:33 PM
your going to hate the typing, and your not going to be able to text as fast as the sidekick 3

i text a lot so that sucked

Unholy S14
11-13-2007, 11:36 PM
yea i figured my speed will drop.

hhmm im not sure anymore, i dont like buying stuff that i have to hack to get programs

pignose4life
11-13-2007, 11:37 PM
once u unlock in apptapp you can download Apollo im which is a MSN,aim,gtalk, and yahoo messenger. There are also iPhone optimized sites for instant messaging.
when i first got my iphone i found out that the only way to get get edge to work is to call tmobile and ask for the 19.99 unlimited internet plan. I straight up told tmobile that i got an iphone and i want the net plan all they said was oh thats cool i cant assure you that it will work but i just switched you over.
basicaly the way it works is I'll get u the iPhone activation and that allows you to use the phone without activating it with att, and then u need anysim 1.1 to unlock it.
also at first typing will be a bit slow but once you get used to the keyboard and the smart keyboard adapts to you, you will type way faster than the sk and maybe even on your regular keyboard.

Sil-Eighty SE-K
11-14-2007, 12:15 AM
im rocking an iphone.... you obviously know all the good about it since its so hyped up (video ipod, touch screen, youtube etc etc) but there is a couple things they coulda done differently. 1st off you can't send or recieve pics via text....itll give you a password and you have to go online to look. Also if you text and drive it is now near impossible....you cant feel the buttons cuz its touch screen.... and when you tecting the display is only vertical so the buttons are extremely close together and typing kinda sux like that..... when your online you can turn it and then type and the buttons will be more spread out.... they shoulda allowed for that to happen while texting. the auto script can get annoying too.... but it also helps.... other than that its GREAT phone! i used to have a sidekick 2 and this is 10x better.... (you cant recieve pics on sidekick 2 either..... dunno if they fixed that)....also it wont take videos :(

you really tried to cut the screen with a knife??? thats crazy

deolio
11-14-2007, 12:20 AM
^they'll probably fix the texting features with an update in the future. as for the buttons - tough luck. now you're less likely to crash. you should be happy.

Matej
11-14-2007, 12:26 AM
My friend has an iPhone and he seems to like it, though he always complains about how it doesn't have GPS and media messaging.

BustedS13
11-14-2007, 01:05 AM
don't waste your money (yet). they break very easily, they're buggy as shit, att's data connection is dog slow. not to mention you have no tactile response. now, if you're a casual user, this may not matter to you. but you say you have a sidekick. i'm guessing you bang out the texts and im's. imagine trying to do so without being able to feel the keyboard. it's just as retarded as it sounds.

i've got a moto Q with sprint, an upgrade from a 700p (jesus that thing was big). it's not the greatest interface in the world, and there's no GPS. but the internet is scary fast for a phone, and... I CAN FEEL MY BUTTONS. this helps when you're bored at work all day every day and you need to stay in touch with the outside world.

the iphone is great for a casual user, or someone who just uses a normal phone and wants something cool. but if you're a power user, it's blackberry, treo, sidekick or q. and that's that.

ca18guy
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I can play NES on it, worth its cost just for that :o

Dutchmalmiss
11-14-2007, 03:16 PM
IM users, just go to meebo.com for that. I'd like the iphone just for the apps you can install in it. My friend has an "mpc" app on his and i was hooked on beats for hours haha. only con is battery life, which isn't anything near as long as my sony erricson w900i, which i love by the way

B18C5MK1
11-14-2007, 07:08 PM
i have a sdk 3 but lately its been freezing up.. the screen turns white and i usually have to turn it off and back on again.. t-mobile is good to me, but i was thinking of getting a helio ocean... anyone have a helio? pros / cons...

i was interested in the iphone for a while, until a friend of mine got one... then i tried to use the keyboard... its just not the same if i cant feel the buttons.. i dont think i could ever get an iphone just because of that..

i heard somewhere that cisco makes a cell phone that is like a sdk, blackberry, and iphone all rolled into one.. and as thin as a razr.. i've searched the internet, but found nothing. must not be true if its not on the internet. ha