PDA

View Full Version : I want to finance some recaros.... :/

pinkheels04
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
So I want to get by boyfriend some seats for christmas :kiss: but don't have the whole amount to buy them in full..... :wtc: does anyone know where i can finance them or make payments??? i can definitly do like 200 bucks a month....

thanks! :x:

-Lizzzzzzzzz

SiI40sx
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
So I want to get by boyfriend some seats for christmas :kiss: but don't have the whole amount to buy them in full..... :wtc: does anyone know where i can finance them or make payments??? i can definitly do like 200 bucks a month....

thanks! :x:

-Lizzzzzzzzz

Please talk to my girlfriend after you do this.......and the only possible way to finance such a thing is applying for cc's or personal loans from a bank. Hope you have good credit !

motorsnail
11-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah your bank would probably give you a loan if you have had an account for a while. If not I would just go to a bank and see what kind of deals they got. Personal loans are actually easy to get if you have never had one. Going through a company and financing rims is a bitch ive tryed it if you have missed a cell phone payment by 2 days your not getting the rims financed:-/

azndoc
11-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Unless your really cool with the owner of a store that sells the seats no one is going to let you do payments.

It's really hard to do.

Best bet is to get a loan from the bank, use a credit card, or save up the money.

GL

Unholy S14
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
get a credit card or shop online till you find a site that does financing and sells the seat.

a loan is your easist bet, my local bank can approve me in 1 minute and all that so im sure yours can too.

2ilvia
11-13-2007, 02:07 PM
hes not worth it! j/k i do all my financing through my oldest brother, low interest

Pank
11-13-2007, 02:53 PM
i got a personal loan for 2,500 bucks about 8 minutes after opening up an account with my credit union (state employee, yeehaw). I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be too hard to get a loan for the cost.

axiomatik
11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
personal loan is a better idea than a credit card. i can pretty much guarantee that you will get a better interest rate on a personal loan.

steve shadows
11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
or you could just be a stripper or turn some tricks for a weekend or two

depends on how hot you are of course.

hit me up we'll talk

naw. har har har :coold:

89dc240
11-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Credit union for the win. Just go to your state's employees credit union, and see if they will let you be a member. In PA, anyone can have an account at PSECU the PA State Employees Credit Union. I had had an account there awhile before I ever asked for money, but within a half hour of asking they were like, "yeah, the dough is in your account" That was for 8 grand. I'm sure you could make it happen.

Also, if you can make those payments like you said, you coud get a new credit card that offers a very low interest rate on balance transfers. Like 4%. Basically this means you can A) buy the seats on a shitty credit card, and transfer the balance by sending your shitty card a check from the new credit card, or B) just buy the seats with the check from the new credit card.

One more thing would just be to use the card with the shitty interest, pay the $200 a month and that will definitley help to build your credit. You won't be hit too hard if you make the large payment, and you'll have it paid off in time to start thinking about next years Christmas gift, lol.

Minimum monthly payments are a joke. Just recently the government(I believe) mandated that CC companies make the monthly payment enough to cover that month's interest plus 1% of the principal amount on the loan. Used to be less, which would continuously sink you further into debt. Never make a minimum payment unless absolutely neccessary. If you have to though, you have to.

Hope I helped, and by the way, awesome gift idea. Do you have any sisters?

k's_silvia2.0
11-13-2007, 03:14 PM
I think sportcompact.com does payments.

exitspeed
11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Save up and buy'em cash. Paying $1500 for $1000 seats just so you can have'em now sucks.

You'll get yourself in serious debt if you start doing this as an aswer to getting things you can't afford.

ThatGuy
11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
^Agreed.

Interest sucks, and loans for Car Parts is never a good idea.

89dc240
11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Haha, I took a loan out for an AMS rebuild kit, and I'm not using that motor anymore. D'OH!!

It's ok, I can wait til AMS doesn't have any Arias 8.8's for the SOHC and make some bank on em, or just build a high compression motor, or someshit.

slider2828
11-13-2007, 03:42 PM
yah not a good idea I think. He can live without the and just slowly get them later... IOU's always work or ust get something less money.

kensreliableb18b
11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
too lazy to read above.

get a 0% promo credit card if you really have to.

i personally dont believe in having debt (not this type of debt atleast)

almost no shop will finance you, and if they do, they'll rape you like mad crazy.

i wonder what my gfs gonna get me for xmas. hmmmm....

motorsnail
11-13-2007, 03:46 PM
IOU is they way to go I mean he pisses you off you can break him loose and give the IOU to his friend:rawk:

VROOOM
11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I went into debt building a car when i was alot younger. its the stupidest thing you can do. before you know it you owe twice what your car is worth.
now i pay for everything with cash.

S13SilviaGirl
11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Don't finance car parts...and as much as I am sure you are in love right now, what happens in a year or sooner and something happens? He is gone, with the seats and you are stuck with the payment on those seats? If you cant afford them straight out, don't get them. Find a used set or something.

Not trying to be a downer, but, you have to look out for #1. Hell, look at all the guys that buy a girl an engagement ring and get burned...protect you first girl.

steve shadows
11-13-2007, 04:44 PM
too lazy to read above.

get a 0% promo credit card if you really have to.

i personally dont believe in having debt (not this type of debt atleast)

almost no shop will finance you, and if they do, they'll rape you like mad crazy.

i wonder what my gfs gonna get me for xmas. hmmmm....

herpes from her other bf?

nar nar nar

pinkheels04
11-13-2007, 05:04 PM
dang lisa you be all over the place girl! hahaha ;)

motorsnail
11-13-2007, 05:06 PM
herpes from her other bf?

nar nar nar

AAAAAhahahahahaha :tweak:

tre
11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Don't finance car parts...and as much as I am sure you are in love right now, what happens in a year or sooner and something happens? He is gone, with the seats and you are stuck with the payment on those seats? If you cant afford them straight out, don't get them. Find a used set or something.

Not trying to be a downer, but, you have to look out for #1. Hell, look at all the guys that buy a girl an engagement ring and get burned...protect you first girl.

So are you saying you're going to burn the guy who buys you an engagement ring?

ThatGuy
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
She's already Married.

Engage joke failure mode.... NOW!

tre
11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
She's already Married.

Engage joke failure mode.... NOW!

Who says she hasn't burned him? haha

luisgonz
11-13-2007, 05:14 PM

This is good advice. Girls and guys come and go. If I was you wait till you get married and the only thing you want to get them is a divorce signature. Dont do it. Yes Im being a downer, Welcome to my world.

tre
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
This is good advice. Girls and guys come and go. If I was you wait till you married and the only thing you want to get them is divorce signature. Dont do it. Yes Im being a downer, Welcome to my world.

Are you truly a downer if you're looking out for them positively in the long run?

luisgonz
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Dude I change my mine every 3 seconds about my relationships/encounters.LOL
Beside Lisa is right. There is no long run gone right. Trust me its all down hill. And Im talking about ruff rocks ahead.LOL

tre
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Dude I change my mine every 3 seconds about my relationships/encounters.LOL
Beside Lisa is right. There is no long run gone right. Trust me its all down hill. And Im talking about ruff rocks ahead.LOL

So all relationships are shit holes?

pinkheels04
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
okay so.... NO i don't have any sisters. Yes, credit cards are the devil (lol) but i know i can pay them off quick it's just that im in a jam. Long story short - my mom ran up a 600 dollar phone bill that I pay every month and there went alot of money for my babe's x mas gift :( So anyhoo i would NEVER build my car or by my parts on credit EVER! - but.... It's a gift i was looking forward too like any other gift, this just happens to be a car part..... :/

okay well if i can't make it happen i'll just renew the playboy subcription i got him last year amongst the other goodies... LOL and i make him dinner everyday, make his bed, and take care of him when he's sick,and let him borrow my car when his brakes down ( which is constantly ) . hell someone needs to give me SOME sort of award dang it! hahaha

luisgonz
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I didnt say shit hole's. Lets just get back onto subject. Its just a scary fall.

tre
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
I didnt say shit hole's. Lets just get back onto subject. Its just a scary fall.

I like to think of it as a great adventure. You're either up for the challenge, or ready for the fall.

luisgonz
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
okay so.... NO i don't have any sisters. Yes, credit cards are the devil (lol) but i know i can pay them off quick it's just that im in a jam. Long story short - my mom ran up a 600 dollar phone bill that I pay every month and there went alot of money for my babe's x mas gift :( So anyhoo i would NEVER build my car or by my parts on credit EVER! - but.... It's a gift i was looking forward too like any other gift, this just happens to be a car part..... :/

okay well if i can't make it happen i'll just renew the playboy subcription i got him last year amongst the other goodies... LOL and i make him dinner everyday, make his bed, and take care of him when he's sick,and let him borrow my car when his brakes down ( which is constantly ) . hell someone needs to give me SOME sort of award dang it! hahaha

I think someone should give you something. The last girl I know bought a guy a Bride seat, Takata Harness. She didnt get shit back and got pregnant and got dumped. Life's a bitch. So grab it by the hairs and show it who's daddy.

pinkheels04
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Were practically married i would say.... I make him a nice lunch for work and wait for his paycheck to get home. hahaha JK! jk! ;)

tre
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Were practically married i would say.... I make him a nice lunch for work and wait for his paycheck to get home. hahaha JK! jk! ;)

Proof girls are evil hahahaha

ctm_motortrends
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Super Auto Bacs has there own credit card appy for it then pay it off quickly.

pinkheels04
11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
dang whats with all the debbie downers? hahaha

dunno, my bf is a GREAT guy and i do all these things as thank yous and becuase i appreciatte the very hard worker and best pal he is and all the things we go through together.... it's just nice to do something special once in a while for those you care about and love. :D

tacotacotaco
11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
wow your like the GF of the year.

tre
11-13-2007, 05:38 PM
dang whats with all the debbie downers? hahaha

dunno, my bf is a GREAT guy and i do all these things as thank yous and becuase i appreciatte the very hard worker and best pal he is and all the things we go through together.... it's just nice to do something special once in a while for those you care about and love. :D

That special thing I do, does not involve money. It involves me sacrificing my time and labor to help a friend in need. Like I didn't have to drive to downtown Seattle to fix my friend's car. But I did it anyways. (Especially when they know I hate to work on cars haha)

You should try to do something outside the box for once, if you haven't before. IF I had a girl that i'd deem good enough, i'd be far more appreciative of something else than being bought an item for a car. Why? Because I can buy myself that item. But then again i'm on a very different thought process then most :P

pinkheels04
11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
ya doing non money things are good too. "spend time not money" .... like when he insist i go with him to fry's and he goes on and on about computer nerdy stuff ( bless his little heart) that i don't understand but i never complain and listen to everything he says, or when i sit with him during a marathon of TOP GEAR when i wanna watch futurama, or when i go out of my schedule to do things when i work and go to school full time and VICE VERSA... I know he apprecciattes all those things. He says all i have to do is make him sandwiches and keep loving him and thats good enough. LOL I don't know! hahaha I just thought it would be nice to get him something nice for once .... sorry.... :(

not that top gear doesnt rock but sometimes i need my fix of bender! hahaha

S13SilviaGirl
11-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Liz~ hhahaa...you have no idea! lol

But in all seriousness, I know guys love car parts, and if that is what you really want to get him go for it. I just like to think of the "what if's". Maybe pay for a track event for him?

Tre~ You can ask him...I have never burned him. lol.... he is well taken care of. He is on these boards too...I think you may have heard of him. :p

89dc240
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I was wondering when this was gonna turn into a relationship thread. Glad there's at least been some positive input about it though.

DRavenS13
11-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Follow Dave Chappelle's advice...

1. Give him a BJ
2. Make like a squirrel and play with his N**S
3. Make him a sandwich
4. Don't talk to him.

You'll have him forever after that.:keke: :keke:

But seriously, it's a nice gesture. I used to do the same for my ex. He always got the bombest gifts from me. But if I were you, I wouldn't go into debt trying to get him something crazy. If anything, save your money, and don't wait for a holiday to give them. When you've saved the money, give them to him as a just-because present. It'll mean a lot more. And, it gives you super points for you to ask him to do stuff for you later.

240love
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Don't finance car parts...and as much as I am sure you are in love right now, what happens in a year or sooner and something happens? He is gone, with the seats and you are stuck with the payment on those seats?

i did this for my gf but instead of seats i got her stance coilovers, still actually paying them off.... but we are still together so its all good.

But to the op...if you really want to get him that, do it. It feels great when you see that big happy smile( in my case tears lol) when they get it trust me.:bigok:

axiomatik
11-14-2007, 09:52 AM
another idea. print out a picture of the gift. Wrap it up, put it under the tree. and when he unwraps it, tell him you are saving up for that gift. no debt involved.

also, make him do more chores.

CAPTAINNEO
11-16-2007, 11:54 AM

But in all seriousness, I know guys love car parts, and if that is what you really want to get him go for it. I just like to think of the "what if's". Maybe pay for a track event for him?

Tre~ You can ask him...I have never burned him. lol.... he is well taken care of. He is on these boards too...I think you may have heard of him. :p

lisa...your husband is on here? never knew...

liz...from a guys perspective (who's wife is into cars/driving/drifting/karting etc), lemme just say your bf is lucky. my wife is into car stuff too, so she could NEVER complain when i brought home/spent money on my own car! so many gf/wives dont understand how much car stuff can cost; and dont understand WHY we spend money on the stuff we do...

pbcstylez
11-16-2007, 03:18 PM
i agree with everybody the gf comes up with the best gifts, and they sure do cost a lot, but like everybody said, dont put yourself in debt, even he doesnt want that. Just get him something small for now and surprise him down the road, who knows by time you save enough he might just want somethin else more

tre
11-16-2007, 04:27 PM

You should see the pm he sent me about getting burned! :O