PDA

View Full Version : block tememarketing(cell phone)

projectdrifter
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start getting sales call
you will be charged for these calls as well depending on cell phone plan.

to precevt this call the following gov number from your cell phone.
888-382-1222

this is the national do not call list number. it will only take less than a minute to do. it blocks your cell number for 5 years. the thing is you have 2 call from your cell.

please post this on as many boards as possible and spread the word.

B Love
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I wonder if this is real. I would be pissed if I got a shitload of telemarketer calls that I had to pay for

k's_silvia2.0
11-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Call the GOV no way id rather have anoying people call than the damn GOV.

B Love
11-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I wonder if it takes as long to get thru as the DMV

projectdrifter
11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Call the GOV no way id rather have anoying people call than the damn GOV.

the gov isnt going to call you. its the national do notcall registery list. all you are doing is adding ur number to the list that will be blocked. if a tellamarketing compoany calls you and you registered your number you can go after the company.

projectdrifter
11-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I wonder if it takes as long to get thru as the DMV

no and it took all of but 20 sec to do it.

BustedS13
11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
i love telemarketers. every time one calls i just talk about my balls until they hang up.

k's_silvia2.0
11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
the gov isnt going to call you. its the national do notcall registery list. all you are doing is adding ur number to the list that will be blocked. if a tellamarketing compoany calls you and you registered your number you can go after the company.

Do you know this is a FACT?.

LimitedEdition
11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Ha, what if its similar but the National CALL ME Telemarketer List?

And isnt it a privacy act? Specially when you sign a contract with any cell company? If there TOS changed, wouldnt they have to notify you?

89dc240
11-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I think the government can go after the people who call people on the Do Not Call list, I think you personally, have no bearing though.

DUFFM4N
11-09-2007, 02:42 PM
i like to mess with the telemarketers....give them fake information, try hitting on them...guy or girls....it passes the time at work and brightens my day

B18C5MK1
11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
yeah totally. i've answered the phone with using the ebaumsworld soundboards (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/tags/soundboards/media=soundboard/). ladies man and joe pesci are pretty much my favs.

Flipzide
11-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I've never had a telemarketer call my cell phone, but I've gotten text message ads. :(

SRdSil8T
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
ha ha ha I haven't had anyone call my cell, but they call work and I usually just hang up as they're talking

hijack3d
11-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I wish they had a national "do not email me" list... too much SPAM because I have a commercial account and not somethign like hotmail or gmail or whatev...

Rayne
11-09-2007, 05:17 PM
all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start getting sales call
you will be charged for these calls as well depending on cell phone plan.

to precevt this call the following gov number from your cell phone.
888-382-1222

this is the national do not call list number. it will only take less than a minute to do. it blocks your cell number for 5 years. the thing is you have 2 call from your cell.

please post this on as many boards as possible and spread the word.

Or we can go to the on-line registry. www.donotcall.gov (https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx)

After you input your phone numbers and e-mail address into the form you will get an e-mail for every number you add. The final step is clicking on the link are given in the e-mail(s).

B Love
11-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I just started getting Spam emails on my cell it sucks so bad

Kuzumi
11-10-2007, 12:40 AM
i think someone was trying to hack my phone one night.
i received a media message(picture) and it asked for confirmation. i clicked ok then a pic of poo in a toilet showed up. and a window popped up and said "your phone might be at risk"
:ugh: :ugh:
i am scared now if someone is spying on me (not government)