PDA

View Full Version : help me make up my mind....

GooseXRS
11-09-2007, 12:14 AM
I have been wanting a Gt-s for far too long now but I feel that I am a true enthusiast because I like so many different cars. I have a few cars in mind all would be getting a swap or have extensive modifications done within the next year. If elaboration is needed I can go into further detail. But so far for now I will just throw the options I have out there....

Keep in mind that I love all of these cars.....

Your help is greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Take Care
Andrew

AE86 w/ sr20det or ca18det or f20c
or
90-96 Miata sr20det swapped
or
S13 with a ka-t or f20c
or
Porsche 944 with an Ls1
or
s13 vert ka-t or f20c

Koopa Troopa
11-09-2007, 12:19 AM
WTF is a GTS?

Good luck with that 944 LS1 thing...

downshift_sideways
11-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Miata with SR swap.

GooseXRS
11-09-2007, 12:23 AM
WTF is a GTS?

Good luck with that 944 LS1 thing...

Sorry I fixed it.

And the ls1 is easily doable especially when you work at a corvette shop and if the lt1 fits the ls1 will for sure fit. The lt1 has been done a few times.
Thanks for the input.

Koopa Troopa
11-09-2007, 12:33 AM
My friend has a t04s SR powered AE86... Crazy car.

azndoc
11-09-2007, 12:37 AM
So basically you just want to Frankenstein your ride with different car maker engines.

Okay

How about doing a whole toyota thing with a 1jz into a hachi instead.

Now that would be sick.

jdm538
11-09-2007, 12:40 AM
ls7 in a s13 vert limo YO!

Borund
11-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Out of all the options you gave, i would have to go with AE86. Always like that car for some reason! Maybe it was because of initial D? But thats my choice!

Tops*
11-09-2007, 12:51 AM
I like the F20C in the AE86, a lot...touge monster. The S2000 is already a touge monster though.

illvialuver
11-09-2007, 12:53 AM
the one j is way too expensive for what it is, i still think 86 with f20/sr.

s13 would be second

the miatta would be second.

and the porsche would be last

GooseXRS
11-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Im serious about this. And why not frankenstien? If a car maker has a good platform but you feel their motors arent for you, why not swap the motor? But the limo thing although it would be kind of cool to see just wouldnt really be useful.

GooseXRS
11-09-2007, 01:11 AM
So basically you just want to Frankenstein your ride with different car maker engines.

Okay

How about doing a whole toyota thing with a 1jz into a hachi instead.

Now that would be sick.

The 1J would kill the agility of the car. Would it not?

GooseXRS
11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
eventually I want to make an ls1 powered hachi for a shop drag car. I figure full built ls1 twin turbo roughly 1000 wheel with nitrous in a sub 2k lb. car. Monstrous.

Vernal
11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
I say an s13 with an f20c turbo or the ae86 with the f20c turbo.

GooseXRS
11-09-2007, 01:45 AM
I say an s13 with an f20c turbo or the ae86 with the f20c turbo.

I was thinking supercharged to eliminate lag for a more linear power band. I only need 400hp tops.

240trooper
11-09-2007, 01:54 AM
i personly like ka24de-t in a s13, keep it nissan and usdm ?? plus its a 240sx 2.4 ,and 400ps isnt to hard to get with that

SRdSil8T
11-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Porsche anyday, but hands down fun car for dd and track AE86 FTW!!!

EJ253
11-09-2007, 02:14 AM
this thread is retarded.

i have an offer for the OP.
i'll bet you $200 that you have nothing close to any of these projects started by the end of winter

your just a dreamer.

unless your made of money all these projects are completely pointless showcar ideas.
whats the car going to be built for? time attack/drift/autox/hardparking?

2ilvia
11-09-2007, 07:30 AM
The 1J would kill the agility of the car. Would it not?

not as much as an ls1 would !!!!!!!!!!

get a lanevo and a misfiring system

or the 86 with a type A motor

why no rx-7s as options?

GooseXRS
11-09-2007, 07:10 PM
this thread is retarded.

i have an offer for the OP.
i'll bet you $200 that you have nothing close to any of these projects started by the end of winter

your just a dreamer.

unless your made of money all these projects are completely pointless showcar ideas.
whats the car going to be built for? time attack/drift/autox/hardparking?

Depends on what you mean by started and why is it retarded? Most of these projects can have the motors swapped and running for under 10k and thats being expensive with it. And dont be so foolish. an s13 ka-t can be done for price of car plus turbo kit (like 1500). I could make the bet and buy a 13 just to be a dick and prove you wrong but thats not necessary. I dont mean to be a dick but if you dont have a dream, you should honestly kill yourself because then your just a waste of air.
Thanks for being negative. It makes me want to get started on one of these even more.
Take Care

not as much as an ls1 would !!!!!!!!!!

get a lanevo and a misfiring system

or the 86 with a type A motor

why no rx-7s as options?

Really? I try not to get my ideas from movies and im almost positive that an ls1 weighs less than a 1jz. As far as the rx-7s thing. I dont know. The 944 is kind of my fc just better looking to me.
Thanks
Take Care

pete_yaj
11-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Andrew(GooseXRS) is the coolest guy I know. I hope he builds the miavia. That shits tight son. I cant wait to see him run low 12's with just bolt ons. lol. I can vouch for him being able to build anything. lol
Goodluck Andrew

B Love
11-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Sr corolla is pretty crazy. and easy to do also. The porsche thing will be more time consuming and harder to work on with the motor in the car IMO. Miata is just lame and should be the last choice. Or you could get really gangster and build a 1j corolla

GooseXRS
11-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Sr corolla is pretty crazy. and easy to do also. The porsche thing will be more time consuming and harder to work on with the motor in the car IMO. Miata is just lame and should be the last choice. Or you could get really gangster and build a 1j corolla

Sorry but I will never build a 1j corolla for anything else but drag and even then an ls1 would murder it.

B Love
11-10-2007, 11:38 AM
LS1 SIKE. You obvioulsy have never built or drivev a built 1j. Its cheaper and better. and doesnt sound like shit. and F20 is probably the worst swap you can put in a car IMO. You have to spend so much money on hondas and tuning and all this crap and you get get stock sr power.

2ilvia
11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Really? I try not to get my ideas from movies and im almost positive that an ls1 weighs less than a 1jz. As far as the rx-7s thing. I dont know. The 944 is kind of my fc just better looking to me.
Thanks
Take Care

i was being sarcastic about the initial d cars , oh and guess what i found out about the 1jz versus ls1 weights? i was wrong by about 200 lbs, that aluminum block helps just a little bit

B18C5MK1
11-10-2007, 07:16 PM
as soon as you make up your mind on the build. i wanna see some pics!
good luck man. with whatever you decide.

86 w/ f20 ftw

GooseXRS
11-11-2007, 02:01 AM
LS1 SIKE. You obvioulsy have never built or drivev a built 1j. Its cheaper and better. and doesnt sound like shit. and F20 is probably the worst swap you can put in a car IMO. You have to spend so much money on hondas and tuning and all this crap and you get get stock sr power.

Your right. I have never built or driven a 1jz but the only car I have ever been in that scared me from sheer power was powered by a ls1 single turbo. So show me a 1j thats cheaper and equally as fast and I will admit im wrong. But until then the 1j cant compare.
Lets not fight over opinions though.
Take Care

GooseXRS
11-11-2007, 02:04 AM
i was being sarcastic about the initial d cars , oh and guess what i found out about the 1jz versus ls1 weights? i was wrong by about 200 lbs, that aluminum block helps just a little bit

I know bro I was just being a sarcastic smartass. I know what you mean though. But yeah ls1 is lighter I wasnt sure but I checked it out and I was correct. Thanks for not trying to twist shit around though. Thats honorable.
Take Care

GooseXRS
11-11-2007, 02:05 AM
as soon as you make up your mind on the build. i wanna see some pics!
good luck man. with whatever you decide.

86 w/ f20 ftw

Fa sho. I should have my mind made up in about 2 weeks and I will take many pictures throughout the whole build.
Take Care
Thanks for the support.

Mister.E
11-11-2007, 02:13 AM
for some reason ive wanted an AE86 with an SR swap, so thats where my vote goes.

illvialuver
11-11-2007, 03:24 AM
from the looks of the current market value of the hachi and how up tight and unrealistic the owners of these cars have become, the miatta will probably be the more realistic choice, even though i would choose the sr 86 over the miatta with the same motor, they are close.

GooseXRS
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Id like to know who said this and why...."dreamer w/ lame dreams. you fail."
I just want to know who so I can laugh in your face when I am done. I mean come on neg rep because you dont like my taste. If thats the case I can neg rep like thousands of people but thats not what I am here for.
"To each his own"
Remember that.
Take Care

eastcoastS14
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
get this

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/agcar.gif

GooseXRS
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
get this

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/maxlopes/agcar.gif

Ambiguously gay duo? Is that an invite? If so, sorry I'm going to have to decline. lol. Just busting your chops.

jeffsm3
11-12-2007, 12:00 AM
i cant belive this thread made it 2 pages! im gonna answer like every other which should i do with all my extra money cuz i just wana build some totally sweet thread...

do what you want! surprise us! make it intresting! i want to be soooooooooo excited when i see what you frankinstiened together that i let a little pee out on accident! i want to be almost as excited as when i met jack for the first time, and thats pretty f'in excited let me tell ya!! If i dont have to change my underwear when i see pix of your project then you didnt do a good enough job! so why dont you GET ER DONE!!

or u can build a ford galaxy with a susuki samuri motor now THat would be cool.....

and in your annoying words.......
Take care..

GooseXRS
11-12-2007, 12:27 AM
i cant belive this thread made it 2 pages! im gonna answer like every other which should i do with all my extra money cuz i just wana build some totally sweet thread...

do what you want! surprise us! make it intresting! i want to be soooooooooo excited when i see what you frankinstiened together that i let a little pee out on accident! i want to be almost as excited as when i met jack for the first time, and thats pretty f'in excited let me tell ya!! If i dont have to change my underwear when i see pix of your project then you didnt do a good enough job! so why dont you GET ER DONE!!

or u can build a ford galaxy with a susuki samuri motor now THat would be cool.....

and in your annoying words.......
Take care..

Ok sorry for waisting you time by forcing you to further carry this thread on. lol

Dont Take Care. lol

GooseXRS
11-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Im pretty sure I have made up my mind. I will let you guys know soon.