PDA

View Full Version : Port and Polish anyone?

DUFFM4N
11-06-2007, 02:49 PM
http://www.audiforums.com/m_693578/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#693578

Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis.

deucen
11-06-2007, 03:04 PM
hmmmm... :wtf:

:rofl: LMAO!

Vision Garage
11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
That better be a joke!

eastcoastS14
11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
hahaha holy fuck lol....guy works on hondas? I wouldnt let him near my cart with a ten foot pole if he ever suggested that

2iv0 sx
11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
LOL

Thats really sad. Next thing you know he's going to run the water hose through his oil filler and let it drain out the bottom....

89dc240
11-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Wish the firewall would let me see that site. I'd like to read the whole shit and see if it's a joke. I would think Audi owners are a bit smarter than that. Meh, who knows.

PoorMans180SX
11-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow....wow...yeah...just wow.

To an Audi.

xamraci
11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
:boink: haha...its a cut and paste from another forum about 3 years ago...still a great laugh:hahano:

steve shadows
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
thats great

like PORT and POLISH (the country)

I love Poland btw my name is polish

ayuaddict
11-06-2007, 03:34 PM
so apparently its a joke thats been around since forever.

first time i read it, pretty funny.

tre
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Perfect example of why Audis are not for dumbasses. :)

ManoNegra
11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Smells to me, I want pics.

fliprayzin240sx
11-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Yah welcome to 4 yrs ago...only thing I never figure out was if this was a real story or somebody was fucking trolling. It was this and some guy with a IS300 who decided it would be a great idea to armour-all his tires...not just the side wall, but the whole tire. He was wondering if that had something to do with him loosing control of his car and crashing in the rain. Well gee dumb fuck...i dont know...

DUFFM4N
11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
i just read it somewhere else...thought it was funny and posted, repost...joke....fake or not, still hilarious shit

EvilRB
11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
It may be old but still funny!!

Thanks 4 the Laugh!

Pank
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
does anyone have the posting of the kid who hooked his nitrous system into the intake side of his valve cover? i believe he posted pictures of him tapping a hole into the valve cover and running a braided stainless line to the bottle.

prang11
11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Thats terrific..

Kn1ves
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
When I 1st got into the 'scene' and heard of the Comptech Icebox intake, I thought you actually put ice in there to make the air cold... makes sense dont it? That thread reminded me of that time.

I lol at myself.

steve shadows
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I invented the funnel head light intake in 2000.

Pank
11-06-2007, 05:46 PM
When I 1st got into the 'scene' and heard of the Comptech Icebox intake, I thought you actually put ice in there to make the air cold... makes sense dont it? That thread reminded me of that time.

I lol at myself.

I went to school with a kid who cut open his windsheild wiper reservoir and put icecubes in it every morning and relocated his washer nozzles to spray onto his cold air intake.

he also had dope vinyl dragon graphix INSIDE his car, so take that as you will

sillyvia13
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
SO FUNNY! :w00t:

I often remove head first!
but thats just me! :eek3:

hahaha,
"Can I drive it like this? I have to get my girlfriend" lol....
Add water to the crankcase to thin out sand...

:wtf: THIS IS FOR REAL!!! WHAT A WORLD HUH!!! imagine when he has children!

silvia-junkie
11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
reminds me of this thread. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=311931 the bmw sock thread.

brndck
11-06-2007, 11:07 PM
wow. where can i find this guy. i want him to be my new automotive advisor. i'm sure he knows all the ways to make cheap horsepower. sand? seriously? wow. i don't even know what to say.

ixfxi
11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
reminds me of this thread. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=311931 the bmw sock thread.

reminds me of two fucking hillarious ones.........

one was on a dodge neon SRT-4 forum, where someone did an oil change while the car was running.................

the other was i think a honda forum, fucking YEARS ago, when someone was rebuilding their motor and during the rebuild, somehow, a box of BB pellets leaked out of a box INTO the motor! he started the car after the rebuild and was in for a hell of a surprise

i wish i could find those threads....

one can only wish

sillyvia13
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
reminds me of two fucking hillarious ones.........

one was on a dodge neon SRT-4 forum, where someone did an oil change while the car was running.................

the other was i think a honda forum, fucking YEARS ago, when someone was rebuilding their motor and during the rebuild, somehow, a box of BB pellets leaked out of a box INTO the motor! he started the car after the rebuild and was in for a hell of a surprise

i wish i could find those threads....

one can only wish

Weed has it's down falls! hhahaha
You miss alot of things in front of your face whe nyour stoned to the brim stone! :duh:

Saltman
11-07-2007, 09:57 AM
:duh: :rofl: :bowrofl: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was EXACTLY what I needed today. THanks!!! TOO FUNNY!!! I had tears trying to hold that in and not laugh out loud here at work.