PDA

View Full Version : Bad Reputation

jdm_enthusiast
11-06-2007, 02:40 AM
wat's up mod. i don't get it, i didn't say, do, sell, or buy anything bad. how come under my user name i have bad Reputations. i read the comments it's because i asked "basic questions" that's why i get negative rep.? personally i don't think it's basic or stupid because that's the whole point of forums and clubs. it was created to help community and specific cars' enthusiast right? to other people it might be a basic questions but to me I've learn by asking questions and mistakes. not every one was born to know everything. so if you could "mod" please remove my bad reputation because it's affecting me. thanks in advance.....

k's_silvia2.0
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Dude let it go TRUST ME!!!;)

azndoc
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
A lot of times like I was telling you last night it just has to do with you asking questions or posting thing without searching first.

Or someone just feels like an asshole and wants to fuck up your day.

I get neg reps sometimes with stupid shit, but that's because they don't agree with me and well I can't change people's minds.

It is what it is.

Also the mods aren't going to delete your rep. It doesn't work like that. Otherwise a shitload of people here would do the same.

jdm_enthusiast
11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
A lot of times like I was telling you last night it just has to do with you asking questions or posting thing without searching first.

Or someone just feels like an asshole and wants to fuck up your day.

I get neg reps sometimes with stupid shit, but that's because they don't agree with me and well I can't change people's minds.

It is what it is.

Also the mods aren't going to delete your rep. It doesn't work like that. Otherwise a shitload of people here would do the same.

thanks for those who understand and for others say what you want to say

mayco_86
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
wat's up mod. i don't get it, i didn't say, do, sell, or buy anything bad. how come under my user name i have bad Reputations. i read the comments it's because i asked "basic questions" that's why i get negative rep.? personally i don't think it's basic or stupid because that's the whole point of forums and clubs. it was created to help community and specific cars' enthusiast right? to other people it might be a basic questions but to me I've learn by asking questions and mistakes. not every one was born to know everything. so if you could "mod" please remove my bad reputation because it's affecting me. thanks in advance.....

Same thing happened to me but look at me know am doing good. Help people out and do everything the legit way when you sell and you should be getting good rep.

LimitedEdition
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Best bet would be let it go.

If you say something worthy or rep or post a tech article, I am sure you will be out in no time.

Dont get butthurt though.

Phlip
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
As has been said, the thing to do is grow thicker skin and search HARD before asking, as people do not take kindly to being asked the same question time and again. This is a direct response to the whole "well isn't that what forums are all about?" argument. Fact is that there is a gold mine of information found just under that search button, and those that know will sooner take one to task for not seeking it on their own before being spoonfed it.
Fact of the matter here is that I am not going to delete or otherwise remove any reputation here because I/we can't. Once it is there, it is there. The problem, here, honestly should not be that it IS there as much as it is that it is "affecting" you, seriously. It will not be the end of the world that someone didn't agree with something you may have said/asked or how you may have said/questioned it.

AznDrftr.
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Yep listen to them, ive learned.

Do your absolute best to search first and then if you cant find then ask. ALso, common sense, if its common, then more than likely its common that it'll be in search, if not, just post around, you'll get help.

Neejay
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
What I recommend is this: when you post a question, reference something you found when you searched, or hell even a url to another post. It AT LEAST shows you tried to search.

KA-T_240
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Once upon A time I got neg. rep for post a joke of a GIANT turbo on my KA, what ever people have there opinions and cant accept what other poele do. I just said what ever who cares. I now have positive rep again. Stick it out, things can change.

Just dont post stupid questions(well, not stupid questions, just topics that have been covered for the past 5+years in this community), and be helpfull to others.

zomgdrft
11-07-2007, 01:16 AM
The reputation system is extremely broken here anyways. I wouldn't pay any mind to it.

There are tons of idiots who have a lot of positive rep and many folks who have neg rep for some unknown reason(s). Mine for example, suddenly spiked down to -1700 rep the other day, and I have no reason why. I've had several positives the last few days and only 1 negative, and suddenly I have such a low number. It's completely idiotic. It should be removed.

FaLKoN240
11-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Your rep didn't go down for any reason, you made a stupid thread, and kept talking about give me more.

Don't act like it just randomly happens.

Neejay
11-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Your rep didn't go down for any reason, you made a stupid thread, and kept talking about give me more.

Don't act like it just randomly happens.lol...

msglength.

zomgdrft
11-07-2007, 05:49 AM
"Stupid" is subjective. And does this part in red make sense to anyone?

Don't act like it just randomly happens.
Uh, it does. I had like -647 or so, then I got 2 or 3 positives, which brought it up to -550 or so, then I got another negative and now it's around -1700. It's a completely broken system and obviously the mods or someone here can and will edit it, as I don't see any other way of me getting -1000 for 1 or 2 negative reps. :rolleyes:

EDIT ----
Hahahaha another one.

neg rep: "Want some More FUCKEN NEG REP??? Bitch!"

Fuckin' with an E :rofl:

btw - that one only gave me a few additional neg points. Not -1000 or more... so yeah it's screwed up.

axiomatik
11-07-2007, 10:00 AM
actually, there is one user on zilvia who can drop your rep by over 1000 with a single neg-rep. He knows this, and so he very rarely gives out any rep positive or negative. you must have really annoyed him. I'm not going to say who it is, though. you will have to figure it out yourself if you want.

Neejay
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM

Uh, it does. I had like -647 or so, then I got 2 or 3 positives, which brought it up to -550 or so, then I got another negative and now it's around -1700. It's a completely broken system and obviously the mods or someone here can and will edit it, as I don't see any other way of me getting -1000 for 1 or 2 negative reps. :rolleyes:

EDIT ----
Hahahaha another one.

btw - that one only gave me a few additional neg points. Not -1000 or more... so yeah it's screwed up.Different people have different rep points.

FaLKoN240
11-07-2007, 10:16 AM

I was saying you were EGGING people on. I haven't neg repped you yet, but I should.

What I'm talking about:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=160027

Either grow up or get a brain, it's pretty easy to see what I meant. You're the new guy on this forum, and if a bunch of people don't like what you're saying/posting, maybe you should take a hint, chill out, read more and learn how to work with the community. I've seen people more useful than you banned for constantly bitching about how the forum works.

In that entire thread, you kept arguing that your stupid smoked corner lights was something totally awesome. Take that shit to Nico club, I'm pretty sure even the dumbest members can do it. (You figured it out didn't you?) :smash:

Also, like axiomatik said, some people have higher rep than others. If you read up more about the forum you would know that (SHIT you would know that if you SEARCHED.) But hey, you're the new guy trying to change all the rules on this board. Good luck.

O Phlip edited his post, and he's probably the one that got you back, this shit made me LULZ...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1206/reptl1.jpg

Neejay
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I was saying you were EGGING people on. I haven't neg repped you yet, but I should.

What I'm talking about:

Either grow up or get a brain, it's pretty easy to see what I meant. You're the new guy on this forum, and if a bunch of people don't like what you're saying/posting, maybe you should take a hint, chill out, read more and learn how to work with the community. I've seen people more useful than you banned for constantly bitching about how the forum works.

In that entire thread, you kept arguing that your stupid smoked corner lights was something totally awesome. Take that shit to Nico club, I'm pretty sure even the dumbest members can do it. (You figured it out didn't you?) :smash:

Also, like axiomatik said, some people have higher rep than others. If you read up more about the forum you would know that (SHIT you would know that if you SEARCHED.) But hey, you're the new guy trying to change all the rules on this board. Good luck.

O Phlip edited his post, and he's probably the one that got you back, this shit made me LULZ...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1206/reptl1.jpgHe tried to neg rep you? LOL

projekt_s13
11-07-2007, 10:37 AM
EDIT ----
Hahahaha another one.

btw - that one only gave me a few additional neg points. Not -1000 or more... so yeah it's screwed up.

Maybe I should add some more neg rep to your pile, for complaining about the rep system. You get rep accordingly if your an ass or just stupid you get neg rep.

k's_silvia2.0
11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd:
Its over.

FaLKoN240
11-07-2007, 12:52 PM
He tried to neg rep you? LOL

No, he tried to Negrep PHLIP (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=868).

Neejay
11-07-2007, 12:54 PM
No, he tried to Negrep PHLIP (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=868).That's even more LULZ :duh:

zomgdrft
11-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Uh, I'm not new. I've been lurking for a long time, and only regged earlier this year so I could start using search, as you can see under my name. Then i just started actually posting due to the retardation i see here constantly. This "community" has a lot of issues. It's nowhere near the level of something like www.somethingawful.com (http://www.somethingawful.com) which is definitely a good thing, but still, it can get annoying.

People flame others' cars for no reason, act juvenile, etc. When people start acting nicer to others and not flaming them for whatever small irrelevant reasons, I'll stop calling them out. It's as if this community is only built up of a small few inidividuals who sit around in a posi-rep circle jerk. And anyone who posts anything out of the "norm," or if someone new posts a stupid question, they get flamed out the ass, and neg repped. It's completely idiotic. It's like a clique in high school. Grow the fuck up people. A lot of you haven't, as you can tell by your ages.

Does it really hurt your feelings so bad when some new person asks a dumb question that you have to push them away from the "community?"

This is a perfect exmaple of what I'm talking about
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=163639

ThatGuy
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
^That thread was an extremely basic question that could have been answered with a simple search.

That's why I locked it when I saw it.

BTW, your Signature is too large. Read the Rules and Guidelines.

zomgdrft
11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Hah, I was off by 15 pixels, my bad. It's fixed.

I'm glad you locked that thead, btw. But it still doesn't make it ok that some folks blew that guy out of the water. Maybe the community here would actually grow if people weren't such assholes to newbies.

S14DB
11-07-2007, 05:08 PM
He tried to neg rep you? LOL

The Chad
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm a Newbie and i have had no real problems with anyone. If i start a post, i get positive responses, and if i comment on a thread people either don't respond to me or respond positively. I do search the forum and internet pretty well before i search or post at all, so maybe that's it? Who knows...But i personally love this site and wish I had known about it back in 99' when i had my 1st S14. Thanks again ZILVIA!!! :)

ThatGuy
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
^Wow, you think for yourself and do your own research and get positive results? No way!!

:rofl:

zomgdrft
11-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I've searched and found all results as well, it isn't difficult. How the heck do you think I put my s14 back togehter when I bought it in pieces :D Places like zilvia, nico, and 240sxforums are great resources.

Now I start actually creating posts about small petty things, and get flamed for pointing out good deals and/or other suggestive things to other members. I got flamed for no reason both on the Maaco thread and now my fog light one. Simply because "they don't like my car" or "I got the wrong paint job, or bought the wrong fog lights." Hah. Real nice. Idiots.

Neejay
11-07-2007, 06:11 PM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=160027Ah, ok. Thanks...I lol'd.

ManoNegra
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Now I start actually creating posts about small petty things, and get flamed for pointing out good deals and/or other suggestive things to other members. I got flamed for no reason both on the Maaco thread and now my fog light one. Simply because "they don't like my car" or "I got the wrong paint job, or bought the wrong fog lights." Hah. Real nice. Idiots.

See, now maybe only a handful of Zilvians have cars that are close to being beyond scrutiny. Most of us, on the other hand, have piles. Anyone that makes the type of threads you've been making recently - be it a noob or a premie - would get the same treatment. And rightly so. Thing that gets people in your case is your attitude. The word humble is not in your vocabulary.
Instead you become combative and start name calling, like you just did there.
I, like many others that been around for a while, were just like you once - hot headed and eager to argue. But either you figure what the flow of Zilvia is and you go with it or you eventually get banned. Simple.

Here's some of my earliest Zilvia rep just to illustrate:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3328/zilviareppy6.jpg

Even I made the mistake of taking Phlip on... :loco:

Neejay
11-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Well said. Another way to avoid it, is to NOT name call. Although, there really isn't a reason to do so anyway, doing it will not help.

I've never understood why people get into a name calling match like its gradeschool, or even let it bother them that "someone over the internet that you have never met, don't need, or will ever meet" called you a name/don't like your idea. Not just talking about you, but in general.

The Chad
11-08-2007, 04:11 PM
^Wow, you think for yourself and do your own research and get positive results? No way!!

:rofl:

Thanks THATGUY!! :) I needed that little pick me up! :)

zomgdrft
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
See, now maybe only a handful of Zilvians have cars that are close to being beyond scrutiny. Most of us, on the other hand, have piles. Anyone that makes the type of threads you've been making recently - be it a noob or a premie - would get the same treatment. And rightly so. Thing that gets people in your case is your attitude. The word humble is not in your vocabulary.
Instead you become combative and start name calling, like you just did there.
I, like many others that been around for a while, were just like you once - hot headed and eager to argue. But either you figure what the flow of Zilvia is and you go with it or you eventually get banned. Simple.

Here's some of my earliest Zilvia rep just to illustrate:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3328/zilviareppy6.jpg

Even I made the mistake of taking Phlip on... :loco:
This is just ridiculous. Basically what you're saying is either conform or prepare to always get negative feedback from the "in crowd."

The irony here being that this ixfxi character on here trolls these boards and insults members all day long yet never seems to have any negative actions against him. I start posting here, and call out a small number of peoples stupid actions, and get flamed/negged/whatever. Point is, if you're acting like a total jackass, i'm going to tell you so. That's just how I am. I suppose that could make me "not humble," on some form or another, but I rather consider myself simply blunt and to the point. I don't dance around the issue or the problem or whatever. I say what most people just think. And I've done it so far without breaking any forum rules, I may have bent some, but no more than this ixfxi character has either. So there's really no reason why I would get banned.

Anyways, it's quite apparent that the only way to achieve positive rep system is to conform to this "in crowd," or clique, as I stated earlier. It serves no real purpose aside from resembling a popularity contest. It doesn't impact trading or buying/selling on here so what's the point?

This has all just sort of blown out of proportion because I'm really a nice guy, as long as you respect me, I'll respect you. Plain and simple. None of these negative actions or words that I have spoken (typed) would have even been written had folks not attacked my decisions or suggestions in those two simple threads. I'll state it again, you can disagree with me all day long, that's fine, but do it in an adult manner. Don't start blatantly insulting/flaming me or others on here. Because I can be a far bigger ass than you. I promise.

Edgar
11-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey look at the bright side, at least you aren't zomgdrft

Phlip
11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
This is just ridiculous. Basically what you're saying is either conform or prepare to always get negative feedback from the "in crowd."

The irony here being that this ixfxi character on here trolls these boards and insults members all day long yet never seems to have any negative actions against him. I start posting here, and call out a small number of peoples stupid actions, and get flamed/negged/whatever. Point is, if you're acting like a total jackass, i'm going to tell you so. That's just how I am. I suppose that could make me "not humble," on some form or another, but I rather consider myself simply blunt and to the point. I don't dance around the issue or the problem or whatever. I say what most people just think. And I've done it so far without breaking any forum rules, I may have bent some, but no more than this ixfxi character has either. So there's really no reason why I would get banned.

Anyways, it's quite apparent that the only way to achieve positive rep system is to conform to this "in crowd," or clique, as I stated earlier. It serves no real purpose aside from resembling a popularity contest. It doesn't impact trading or buying/selling on here so what's the point?

This has all just sort of blown out of proportion because I'm really a nice guy, as long as you respect me, I'll respect you. Plain and simple. None of these negative actions or words that I have spoken (typed) would have even been written had folks not attacked my decisions or suggestions in those two simple threads. I'll state it again, you can disagree with me all day long, that's fine, but do it in an adult manner. Don't start blatantly insulting/flaming me or others on here. Because I can be a far bigger ass than you. I promise.
You've chosen the wrong name for this argument.
When you speak of how Mike (ixifi) handles people, YOU are ignoring the fact that we've known Mike and have come to expect this of him for over 6 years on my part, longer for others... Fact of the matter is that this is what most of us LIKE about Mike, among other things.
No one knew you, so the INSTANT you started popping off at the lip about everyone who didn't immediately think that you were the new cool kid, you fell to the wrong side of the equation. Perhaps you have waited until now to try and respond to how that may have rubbed you, but the fact of the matter is that you're STILL not seeing the forest for the trees.
There is really no "in crowd" to conform to, but I assure you that continuing to converse about it will be no help at all, never has been, and I just don't see that precedent being reversed. "Think before you post" is a better way to go about it, that goes hand-in-hand with "search before you ask," these things both go a long way toward avoiding what even becomes that argument that sees a member go so deep in the red.
Now, if you don't mind, please let this thread die, as the original poster of the thread has had his issue addressed.

jackjack
11-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Edgar's my hero.......:faint:

meh.... dont worry too much about rep. like it was posted above, avoid fights/name calling.

ManoNegra
11-09-2007, 12:46 PM

NP, I don't know why I even bothered - guess, like I mentioned elsewhere, you kinda of remind me of myself a few years back. No matter, carry on in whichever way makes YOUR stay at Zilvia a positive one.

Perhaps, I think otherwise. You'd be surprised how these Zilvian "idiots and assholes" can come through in a pinch when a fellow "asshole" needs help.

And you've proven it and look where it's gotten you.

DOOK
11-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I am one of the said assholes and have been saved by other fellow assholes.... ironically, none of the NONassholes have ever offered help...weird huh.

koukimonster139
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
humm

i love assholes too

11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
ya is started a new name bcuz my other 1 had horrible rep. one guy who was an asshole left a bad rep with comments on every thread i started. kinda unfair huh?

*PHLIP EDIT*
This is not how to get a fresh start on reputation, this user name has been banned permanently, he may come back with his old name in 3 months and attempt to grow up.

motorsnail
11-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I got a cool question didnt even search before I posted........Why was this thread made? I got fliped off by an old lady earlier and I have yet to make a thread about the travisty :tweak: I mean I cant sleep at night!! Fuckin old lady!!

Phlip
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Please let this thread die peacefully

suaknee
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I just want to know how do you read that meter....

What is the dark green squares and the lit up green ones mean?

k's_silvia2.0
11-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I just want to know how do you read that meter....

What is the dark green squares and the lit up green ones mean?

Aww dude just let it go your not red no more so keep it that way.
First is "Oh I got neg rep" Now its "Oh I got green rep"Give it a rest.

racepar1
11-18-2007, 01:08 AM
I've searched and found all results as well, it isn't difficult. How the heck do you think I put my s14 back togehter when I bought it in pieces :D Places like zilvia, nico, and 240sxforums are great resources.

The more you cry, the more neg rep you get, period. Get used to it. You got repped for the maaco thread because maaco is the shittiest place ever to get a paint job. You probably got repped for the fog lights because you most likely bought them at pep boys or some shit. I guarantee you are getting flamed hardcore for your posts on this thread, and you DESERVE it! Now shut the fuck up and take your rep like a man!

Phlip
11-18-2007, 02:49 AM
^^^ You know we ALL told him JUST that TWELVE DAYS ago, right?
I have asked people to let this thread die peacefully, but it seems I should have killed it right then.