PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe the Movie

exitspeed
11-05-2007, 01:24 PM
My second favorite toy as a kid.

You might have already heard about this one, but it seems like a good time to start an ongoing thread seeing how news of the movie is coming pretty frequently now.

I really hope they don't fuck this movie up. It almost seems hard NOT to though. Only time will tell.

Joe Might Not Blow
New G.I. Joe based in ''The Pit" after all.
by IGN Staff

November 5, 2007 - Hasbro and Paramount have been taking heat from diehard fans and movie bloggers for months because of the newly globalized take they're planning for the "Real American Hero" in the forthcoming film based on the popular '80s comic and cartoon series. The new-school Joe team was conceived not as a top-secret U.S. special forces team but rather an international operation based out of Brussels -- the name being an acronym for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity.

While we've all known this for a while, a recent headline on the popular Drudge Report news website has led to a proliferation of stories about the changes to G.I. Joe in the mainstream media. Naturally, there's been widespread poo-pooing of the idea, and now Hasbro has released an official statement to attempt to turn the tide of negative publicity. It seems the toy maker and movie studio may have made a slight concession and changed at least one element of the film's story in response. The new G.I. Joe team, according to the statement you'll see below, will now not be based out of Brussels, but out of "The Pit" just like in classic Joe.

Here's what Hasbro has just posted on their website:

Hasbro's G.I. Joe Team wanted to take this opportunity to clarify some of the facts regarding the G.I. Joe live-action movie that we are developing with Paramount Pictures.

First and foremost, we are not changing what the G.I. Joe brand is about. The name "G.I. Joe" will always be synonymous with bravery and heroism.

- Marvel Comics
The G.I. Joe brand has enjoyed a successful 43-year history, spanning two key generations. The first was the line of 12-inch "realistic military" figures that were popular with kids in the 1960s and 1970s.

The second generation, was created in 1982, and is based on a cast of fictional heroes and villains that make up the "G.I. Joe vs. Cobra" fantasy. The premise of this fantasy is the story of the G.I. Joe team, led by Duke, and their "fight for freedom wherever there is trouble" against the evil Cobra Commander and his Cobra force. This storyline was an instant hit with kids in the early 1980s, spawning a highly popular 3-3/4-inch action figure line, comic book collection and animated series.

This movie will be a modern telling of the "G.I. Joe vs. Cobra" storyline and its compelling characters that Hasbro created 25 years ago. The G.I. Joe team will not be based in Brussels. Instead, they will be based out of the "Pit" as they were throughout the 1980s comic book series. And, in keeping with the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra fantasy, the movie will feature characters and locations from around the world. Duke, the lead character and head of the G.I. Joe team, will embody the values of bravery and heroism that the first generation of G.I. Joe figures established.

G.I. Joe is a very important property to Hasbro and we thank all of our fans for their enthusiasm. Without all of you, the brand would not be where it is today.

Thank you.

Will Hasbro and Paramount give the legions of fans what they want -- a true adaptation of G.I. Joe -- or will they bite the hands that feed them and produce a bastardized version? We'll keep you posted on the latest developments.

DrtyRat
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Seriously, we have too much in common. Transformers was my favorite, w/GI Joe a close second. If you tell me that Snake eyes was your favorite character, then Mom and myself are gonna have to have a talk about a long, lost brother that no one told me about.

xamraci
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
They have to stick with the original concept or they will fall to the will of the unknowing and overpaid...:bite:

exitspeed
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Seriously, we have too much in common. Transformers was my favorite, w/GI Joe a close second. If you tell me that Snake eyes was your favorite character, then Mom and myself are gonna have to have a talk about a long, lost brother that no one told me about.

Hell yea he was. Actually it was a tie between him and Storm Shadow. Ninjas FTW. Tunnel Rat and B.A.T. were right behind them.

azndoc
11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Fuck awesome

You found your brother.

Right on.

DrtyRat
11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Fuck awesome

You found your brother.

Right on.
Yet another reason to spend my life on Zilvia!!! :cry:<------emotional family reunion!

DrtyRat
11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Hell yea he was. Actually it was a tie between him and Storm Shadow. Ninjas FTW. Tunnel Rat and B.A.T. were right behind them.
Storm Shadow just commanded a certain amount of respect b/c of the way he handled himself.....he was just a cool cat. You know if I wasn't 32 that would probably have sounded cool.....

monkey7
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
That would be so awsome if they have one of those "knowing is half the battle" fact skits at the end of the movie.

Antihero983
11-05-2007, 02:24 PM
hmm well, im always a bit skeptical when movies like this come up, as i was with transformers...but if they can get the right people itll rock!

and for me it was 1.transformers 2.TNMT 3.G.I. Joe and 4.M.A.S.K.

xamraci
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
That would be so awsome if they have one of those "knowing is half the battle" fact skits at the end of the movie.

:x:

hahahahaha, My favorite was spray painting in the garage with the door/windows closed

B Love
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
hmm well, im always a bit skeptical when movies like this come up, as i was with transformers...but if they can get the right people itll rock!

and for me it was 1.transformers 2.TNMT 3.G.I. Joe and 4.M.A.S.K.

Tmnt owns Gi joe im sorry the movie would be dope tho. See some of those characters in real life played by actors. and Attack of the killer tomatoes > M.A.S.K

ThatGuy
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
So, do we have a character run down yet?

I don't think Sgt. Slaughter will be making a comeback. :keke:

I want to see Duke, Lady Jaye, and Gung Ho done right though! :rawk:

Anybody else thinking Vin Diesel + Chrome = Destro? :rofl:

ALTRNTV
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
G.I. Joe? As in the words of Stifler...

FUCK YES!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m21/hamp2k/Stifler.jpg

jackjack
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM

WOW...............:bowrofl:

SexPanda
11-05-2007, 08:38 PM
My choice for Cobra Commander:
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/75/01/0000007501_20060920143802.jpg
That is all.

LoanShark
11-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Storm Shadow action figure = Instant Gentleman back in the day. It was so hard to find a Storm Shadow. Everyone raided the shelves the day they stocked. I was never on time for the original Storm Shadow and had to get the new version (hooded with black slashes/camo)

Saltman
11-06-2007, 07:36 AM
It's so tight that all these movies of the cartoons we grew up with are coming out now. It's cause the kids that watched them with us growing up have now got in the positions where they can make movies of the stuff we loved as kids. Freakin' awesome. Of course, in 10 years from now, the new generation might be coming out with [insert sorry new cartoons here] the movie. Yuck.

exitspeed
11-06-2007, 07:45 AM
So, do we have a character run down yet?

I don't think Sgt. Slaughter will be making a comeback. :keke:

I want to see Duke, Lady Jaye, and Gung Ho done right though! :rawk:

Good questions. FYI the same producer that did Shooter and TR, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, is doing GI Joe, so that's a good sign. He wants Mark Walberg as Duke. Fine with me. I like Walberg. He's a good actor in these kind of movies.

Check out this link (http://movies.ign.com/articles/824/824707p1.html) to IGN on who they think should be casted.

ESone3
11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Who thought this was cool?

When you bought storm shadow, you could actually carry all his weapons. His back pack had 2 slots for his swords. I don't know why, but I thought that was just the coolest thing ever!

exitspeed
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Who thought this was cool?

When you bought storm shadow, you could actually carry all his weapons. His back pack had 2 slots for his swords. I don't know why, but I thought that was just the coolest thing ever!

Yea that was fresh. There was so many cool things with GI Joes.

Tunnel Rat, Beachhead, BBQ, Jinx, Mutt and Junkyard, Recondo, Wet Suit, Crimson Guard, Range Viper...

HWYKING
11-06-2007, 11:15 AM

haha you guys are dope, snake eyes was the greatest character and his brother storm shadow was just as dope. this movie can easily be a hit, if they get a good director and key actors to roll it out.

ESone3
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
a friend had this...

http://www.bigskyauctions.com/angee%20ship11.jpg

I think I almost fainted when i saw it for the first time.

SW20Racer
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
i think its time to dig out the duffel bag full of g.i. joe dolls...action figures... my mom has from the 60's and see what up on ebay

mayco_86
11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Gi joe i still remember these cartoons. They were the sh*t.

rps13drift
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Gi joe i still remember these cartoons. They were the sh*t.
agreed! They made me want to be in the military when i was like 6

usajdm
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5742/55545796hk3.gif
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8154/49776155za0.gif

jackjack
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
storm shadow yesssssssssssssssssssssss

IIIXziuR
11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
oh I hope they don't funk this one up.
The cartoon was so amazing.
...They really don't make cool stuff like that anymore.

HWYKING
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5742/55545796hk3.gif
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8154/49776155za0.gif

damn you completely brought back memories! score! i googled it and the director of the mummy series movies has been hired. its said to be released in summer of 09. heres the article fellas: http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUSN2430477820070824

shmiddy
11-06-2007, 01:00 PM
i think its gonna be gay. now a thundercats movie!!!! thats what im talking about! id rather see cheetara runnin around the a gi joe movie

Antihero983
11-06-2007, 01:03 PM
KATE BECKINSDALE NEEDS TO BE IN THIS MOVIE.

that is all.

exitspeed
11-06-2007, 01:06 PM
i think its gonna be gay. now a thundercats movie!!!! thats what im talking about! id rather see cheetara runnin around the a gi joe movie

They are making a Thundercats movie...it's gonna be all CG. That's a good way to go with that movie IMO.

Can't wait for the Voltron movie too.

:eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d:

40daws
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Great ! Now lets get Silver Hawks,Saber Rider and the Star Sheriff's movies made. a GOOD He-Man and the Masters of the Universe redo, Dungeons and Dragons as well. Live action or CG.

drftwerks
11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
better be R, better be bloody, better be fucking awesomness, better have everything trans didnt, and more

exitspeed
11-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Great ! Now lets get Silver Hawks,Saber Rider and the Star Sheriff's movies made. a GOOD He-Man and the Masters of the Universe redo, Dungeons and Dragons as well. Live action or CG.

He Man is a go too...

veilside180sx
11-06-2007, 02:21 PM
i enjoyed Transformers. They will shoot themselves in the foot if they make GI Joes an R rated film.

Yuri
11-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow. all my memories are coming back.

I think I might be the only person whose favorite joe was Cloudburst.
Cloudburst continued to command my forces even after losing a forearm in battle (he crashed his glider on the sidewalk). I mean, the guy came with a pink MP5, how awesome is that?
I got so excited when I saw him in the cartoon driving the brawler for like 2 seconds.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/cloudburst.gif

xamraci
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Good questions. FYI the same producer that did Shooter and TR, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, is doing GI Joe, so that's a good sign. He wants Mark Walberg as Duke. Fine with me. I like Walberg. He's a good actor in these kind of movies.

Check out this link (http://movies.ign.com/articles/824/824707p1.html) to IGN on who they think should be casted.

I can totally agree with IGN...WOW...pretty spot on for most of them:drama: I am getting pretty stoked if any of those suggestions are in the pool for being picked:x:

fliprayzin240sx
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow...funny how i just found this shiet. I just got done downloading a torrent of all the GI Joe episodes.

Snake-Eyes fTW!!! How many BLIND muthafucka do you know, can kill you 101 ways with a plastic spoon?!?!

Him then fucking Heavy Duty, a guy walking around with a fucking gattling gun is always cool in my book.

PS: Storm Shadow and Snake-eyes arent brothers, but they did train together under Storm Shadows ninja clan iirc.

usajdm
11-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Wow...funny how i just found this shiet. I just got done downloading a torrent of all the GI Joe episodes.

Snake-Eyes fTW!!! How many BLIND muthafucka do you know, can kill you 101 ways with a plastic spoon?!?!

Him then fucking Heavy Duty, a guy walking around with a fucking gattling gun is always cool in my book.

PS: Storm Shadow and Snake-eyes arent brothers, but they did train together under Storm Shadows ninja clan iirc.

101 ways????????????????
I just wanted to see him kill 1.
Who the fuck taught the "JOES" to shoot anyways?

ThatGuy
11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
IGN did a good job picking actors. Unfortunately Hollywood will surely change it up and screw up something.

The only thing that needed to be right in Transformers was the voices. Look how close it came to them screwing that up too. I mean the CG robots could be changed at any point, and the Die Hard fans were upset enough with the vehicle changes (best damn commercial GM ever made though!).

<----Patiently waiting on more information.

exitspeed
11-07-2007, 08:18 AM
This thread made me think of a good sig. Gonna work on it tonight. GI Joe, search button, and "knowing is half the battle". :)

exitspeed
11-13-2007, 08:43 AM
So it appears that this writer strike is going to effect a lot of the movie's we're looking forward to, including GI Joe and Transformers 2.

Strike Watch: Possible Delays
Transformers 2, X-Files, Wolverine, G.I. Joe, JLA and more.
by IGN Staff

November 12, 2007 - With Hollywood's screenwriters on strike, and talks between the scribes and studios seemingly at a standstill, a number of highly-anticipated movie projects are in danger of being indefinitely delayed. Even after a "finished" screenplay is turned in, changes are frequently made to film scripts during filming. With the strike going on, that can't happen. This scenario is forcing studios to only move ahead with projects that they have serious confidence in.

Which of the flicks you're looking forward to might not make it into production? Variety has an in-depth look at the situation and updates on over a dozen different films that could go either way.

Writer Paul Haggis tells the trade that Bond 22's script is not locked, so Sony may end up extending the planned December start date for Daniel Craig's sophomore outing as 007.

Variety scoops that the casting situation with Justice League -- no cast members are locked -- has Warner Bros. execs wringing their hands. The studio also faces trouble with The Incredible Mr. Limpet if the strike extends beyond February. And they'll also have to delay Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins if it goes into April. Warners does reportedly have a locked script for the live-action Jetsons movie, however.

Could G.I. Joe be a no-go? Not likely. Paramount recently hired four big-time scripters (Stuart Beattie, John Lee Hancock, Brian Koppleman and David Levien) to make sure the film will have no problems when it comes time to shoot in February. Variety adds that Joe has the additional plus of not relying on megastars that require huge paydays. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura explains that their casting search is more about finding actors that are perfectly suited to their roles, regardless of their billing clout.

Transformers 2, which Michael Bay is set to start filming in June, could run into problems if the strike lasts for more than a few months. As could Disney's game-to-film adaptation of Prince of Persia which is slated to go before cameras around the same time next summer.

Wolverine is still ramping up, but will likely have to rely on visual effects gurus to craft the action sequences during post-production, Variety says.

The newly greenlighted X-Files movie sequel will probably be fine, as the studio has invested too much money in the production already. It starts filming in December with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their roles from Chris Carter's hit FOX show.

The big-budget remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, starring Keanu Reeves, is also expected to move forward at 20th Century Fox.

Finally, Universal is reportedly mulling their options on Land of the Lost, the forthcoming Will Ferrell comedy redo of the campy TV classic. Also on the bubble at Uni are Benicio del Toro's Wolfman, and Ridley Scott's Nottingham.

jackjack
11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
^saw this last night as well. ungh.

sileighty83
11-14-2007, 02:36 PM
alley viper was the shit and for sure snake eyes and storm shadow...thanks for this great thread it made my day =)

exitspeed
11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
alley viper was the shit and for sure snake eyes and storm shadow...thanks for this great thread it made my day =)

+ rep for you! Heall yea! Thanks for reminding me of him. Actually he was my favorite guy, even above Snake Eyes. Yes, you heard me right! I'm going on Ebay right now and buying one.

http://www.violentfix.com/cobra/vipercorps/alleyviperside.jpg
http://www.violentfix.com/cobra/vipercorps/alley1.jpg

Oh and this was one of my favs too. 87 Cobra COmmander!
http://www.collectabletoys.co.nz/images/joes/joe9.jpg

Yuri
11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm sure most of us could write better scripts anyway.
Screw the writers guild and their strike.
Time to bust out microsoft word.
Let's do this!

exitspeed
11-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm sure most of us could write better scripts anyway.
Screw the writers guild and their strike.
Time to bust out microsoft word.
Let's do this!

Zilvia Calabo...

SochBAT
12-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Straight up bumpping.

Rey Park, aka Darth Maul, is being cast as Snake Eyes. Woooot.

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/rayparksnakeeyes.jpg

exitspeed
12-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Straight up bumpping.

Rey Park, aka Darth Maul, is being cast as Snake Eyes. Woooot.

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/rayparksnakeeyes.jpg

Interesting. IGN has a poll on their main page (http://www.ign.com/) who would win in a fight to the death; Darth Maul, Snake Eyes, or Toad.

I voted Snake Eyes. Darth Maul has a huge lead. Obviously a lotta kids voting who don't know who Snake Eyes is.

SochBAT
12-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Ninjas > Sith.

exitspeed
12-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Ninjas > Sith.

Darth maul died in his first appearance in a movie. Totally WEAK.

Dutchmalmiss
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Yeah, I was disappointed about that. He looked badass too! I was like "DOUBLE LIGHT SABERS WTF!!! BEST WEAPON EVAAA!!!!!!!!!"

exitspeed
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed about that. He looked badass too! I was like "DOUBLE LIGHT SABERS WTF!!! BEST WEAPON EVAAA!!!!!!!!!"

Then...dead. :Owned:

jackjack
12-07-2007, 12:08 PM
i was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed when maul died so fast. such a badass. its all good though. he'll ROCK as snake eyes.

Ethix
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM

I'm pretty sure he wasn't blind. He couldn't speak though, so points for that.

exitspeed
12-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure he wasn't blind. He couldn't speak though, so points for that.

I always thought he was blind too.:-/

Ethix
12-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I always thought he was blind too.:-/

If he was blind, they would've had to call him "Bat-Ears" or something, otherwise it'd just be cruel. It'd be like calling a guy with no left arm "Lefty."

ThatGuy
12-08-2007, 07:08 AM

[Geek Moment]

Because Maul was sliced in half by a Light Saber, the would was instantly cauterized. His part was through for that movie, but he came back later in the novels.

He was found, still alive, with no legs. When he came back to terrorize he had a set of mechanical legs. 4 of them to be be exact, and he had rebuilt his dual saber.

[/Geek Moment]

S13SilviaGirl
12-08-2007, 07:34 AM
^^^WTF? hahahhaha

SimpleS14
12-08-2007, 08:10 AM
I vaguely remember G.I. Joe's during my childhood. :-/ I guess I'm going to have to stock up on the toys if the movie is a hit.

Jetson's live action movie...wtf?

Because Maul was sliced in half by a Light Saber, the would was instantly cauterized. His part was through for that movie, but he came back later in the novels.

He was found, still alive, with no legs. When he came back to terrorize he had a set of mechanical legs. 4 of them to be be exact, and he had rebuilt his dual saber.

:tweak: That.....I did not know.....

ThatGuy
12-08-2007, 08:12 AM
I know some other things as well from the novels, but I don't want to expose all my geek at once.

BTW, I have not read the novels myself, but have had quite a few uber-star-wars-geek friends that have been obsessed with it. They keep me informed. LOL

Grendel
12-08-2007, 10:00 AM

I had that one!

My grandma won a Defiant Complex in some contest and gave it to me. I remember all the other grandkids were jealous. I pissed my dad off too, I woulnd't stop playing with it while he was still putting it together :p

http://crimsonguard.tripod.com/defiantopen.jpg

I think I'm going to order these two to set on my desk:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13325&mode=retail&picture=in
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13326&mode=retail

jackjack
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM
more joe's........... according to ign:

Now comes word that the roles of Scarlett and Storm Shadow have been cast.
Storm Shadow, according to "exclusive" scoops appearing on both IESB.net and LatinoReview.com, is to be played by actor Byung-hun Lee (Winter Sonata). Lee is a superstar in Japan and his native South Korea, and should be familiar to gamers as he starred as the main character in Capcom's Lost Planet (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/761/761580.html).
The sites also tip that the role of Scarlett will be filled by actress Rachel Nichols who recently appeared in P2.
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/842/842382/joecastinginline_1198025539.jpg - Summit Entertainment, BOM Film

If confirmed, which we expect they will be soon, both actors will join Park and Sienna Miller in the production. Miller was cast in November as The Baroness.
The live-action film directed by Stephen Sommers continues to cast up for a February production start. If all goes as planned G.I. Joe will make its big-screen debut on August 7, 2009.

98s14inaz
12-19-2007, 08:09 AM
a friend had this...

http://www.bigskyauctions.com/angee%20ship11.jpg

I think I almost fainted when i saw it for the first time.

Hell yes. I had that thing too. Took up half my room when I was a kid. Growing up sucks, I wish I could stop and play with my GI Joes with out looking insane lol

I really hope they don't mess this up with a bunch of anti-american bs. I am pleased to hear they got rid of that UN-ish idea. The UN fails in real life and it would be an epic fail in the GI Joe movie.

exitspeed
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Whoa whoa, back the truck up! Cobra Commander isn't the main villian!?

Producer Gives G.I. Joe Update
The word on Destro, Hawk and Zartan!
by Stax

January 8, 2008 - G.I. Joe producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has given an update about what's currently happening with the Paramount live-action movie, which begins filming next month in Los Angeles.

In an exclusive interview with IESB.net, di Bonaventura spoke at length about the film, particularly on the characters and casting. The producer said that an announcement on the casting of main villain Destro is expected "within the next two weeks," adding, "We don't have a guy chosen, we have the list down to about 4 or 5. All of them are of the English, Irish, Scottish persuasion shall we say." Destro is Scottish in the comics.

Di Bonaventura also said that the casting of Hawk, a.k.a. (Colonel later Major General) Clayton M. Abernathy, should be revealed within the next two weeks as well. The producer confirmed that negotiations are currently under way with an actor to play Cobra's master of disguise, Zartan, and that this casting will probably be announced within the next week and a half. The producer dodged when asked if the actor playing Zartan would be an Australian like the character. "He is a really good actor, you guys are gonna like him," di Bonaventura replied.

When pressed about what other Joes might appear in the movie, such as Cover Girl or Shipwreck, di Bonaventura explained that it all comes down to the economics of filmmaking. "Right now Cover Girl is in the script but whether we can afford her or not is another question."

The producer also tacitly confirmed a SPOILERISH rumor that IGN ran yesterday where we reported that the recently cast Joseph Gordon-Levitt would play Duke's best friend, a character who in previous drafts of the script became Cobra Commander. "I would say to you that there's already been an announcement of a guy we're in negotiations with who would play one of the villains," di Bonaventura revealed.

SochBAT
01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Destro???

The only thing he got going for him is The Baroness. WTF mate.

Anyone catch the GIJoe spoof on G4? Olivia Munn = amazing.

SochBAT
01-09-2008, 01:33 AM
PS.

Marlon Wayans is cast as Ripcord. Ripcord. WTF.

http://filmwad.com/marlon-wayans-recruited-for-i-gi-joe-i--5637-p.html

PPS. Director tries to defend his choices, fails hard.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/08/producer-tries-to-defend-gi-joe-fails/

Matej
01-09-2008, 01:52 AM
PS.

Marlon Wayans is cast as Ripcord. Ripcord. WTF.
That's sad.

There better be porkchop sandwiches and computers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eA3XCvrK90

SochBAT
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
hhahah.

PPPS. Joseph Gordon-Levitz might be cast as well.

Remember the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun? Yea. Him.

exitspeed
01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
More casting news.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/848/848232p1.html

Dennis Quad cast as Gen. Hawk.
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20070216/244.quaid.dennis.021407.jpg

And an relatively unknown actor named David Murray will be playing Destro.
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/848/848232/murraybatmanbegins_1201632478.jpg

98s14inaz
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
+ rep for you! Heall yea! Thanks for reminding me of him. Actually he was my favorite guy, even above Snake Eyes. Yes, you heard me right! I'm going on Ebay right now and buying one.

http://www.violentfix.com/cobra/vipercorps/alleyviperside.jpg
http://www.violentfix.com/cobra/vipercorps/alley1.jpg

Oh and this was one of my favs too. 87 Cobra COmmander!

Christ, this brings me back. I had so many of those action figures including the one you pictured. My dad was a navy man so shipwreck and his parrot were one of my favorites. The general hawk in flight suit with the jet pack, gold and brown iirc...my all time favorite. The one I remember the most was the special edition Refrigerator Perry figure, I had to save up and order it. He did a few episodes and they made the action figure. I wish I still had that stuff in a box somewhere. Good times.

exitspeed
01-31-2008, 11:15 AM
The one I remember the most was the special edition Refrigerator Perry figure, I had to save up and order it. He did a few episodes and they made the action figure. I wish I still had that stuff in a box somewhere. Good times.

Yea he was rare. One of the weapons he cam with was a metal football on a chain!

98s14inaz
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Yea he was rare. One of the weapons he cam with was a metal football on a chain!
yup, ahhhhh to be a kid again. There was another one I ordered too. He came in a flight suit and helmet with an m16 and small back pack. You were able to name him what ever you wanted. He came with a patch too.

exitspeed
01-31-2008, 11:21 AM
yup, ahhhhh to be a kid again. There was another one I ordered too. He came in a flight suit and helmet with an m16 and small back pack. You were able to name him what ever you wanted. He came with a patch too.

Yep, that's the guy I was thinking of when you reminded me of the mail in figures.

That shit rocked. Kids suck now-a-days. You had to actually put in work to get certain figures.

jackjack
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
i'm still pissed i lost all my old joes................damnit.

98s14inaz
01-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Yep, that's the guy I was thinking of when you reminded me of the mail in figures.

That shit rocked. Kids suck now-a-days. You had to actually put in work to get certain figures.

The uber nerdiness never ends, now it is car parts I am ordering lol

RedStage
01-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Who the fuck taught the "JOES" to shoot anyways?

Same firm that taught the Stormtroopers....

Lost all my stuff many moons ago. Wished I had been able to hang on to it.
How many of you performed Joe Autopsy's and made your own figures up :)

Best vehicle...Sky Striker
Runner up...Cobra Rattler

$1000 Snake Eyes for you on ebay.....

coreansurfer
03-21-2008, 12:29 AM
major bumage for this thread.

new images of snake eyes via ifitsmovies.com

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3138/2348557061_3b174948c2_o.jpg

http://www.ifitsmovies.com/snakeeyeslarge.jpg

98s14inaz
03-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the new desktop image.

exitspeed
03-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Oh snappage! They actually kept true to real look!

coreansurfer
03-21-2008, 11:30 AM
apparently snake eyes is going to be played by ray park aka toad from xmen aka darth maul, so he should kick some ass.

jackjack
03-21-2008, 12:10 PM
YES

:bigok:

exitspeed
03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
apparently snake eyes is going to be played by ray park aka toad from xmen aka darth maul, so he should kick some ass.

Yes, the guy whole played Darth Maul.

jackjack
03-21-2008, 06:09 PM
^he fucking rocks. he was also the headless horseman in sleepy hollow. good stuff.

theronin
03-21-2008, 06:53 PM
holy fuck, snake eyes looks fuckin sick. wonder if they are gonna have the twins tomax and xomat iirc. i used to have them too. all my old gi joe stuff is back at my moms house. when i get up there for easter ill try to snap some pics of all the shit i have. my grandfather tried to buy my love with gi joe. he didnt really get my love (may he burn in hell) but i got a shittastical amount of gi joe stuff.

fliprayzin240sx
03-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Is there anything more bad ass that this?
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/7/77/OptimusSnakeEyes.jpg/300px-OptimusSnakeEyes.jpg

Also found this one, all the version of Snake-eyes ever made...had the blue one w/ red mask, that was the shiznet cuz it had a grappling hook...
http://www.geocities.com/teknokyo/SECollection.jpg

exitspeed
03-22-2008, 09:26 AM
The 88 version was my favorite.

mrmephistopheles
03-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I think this film has good potential.

I SERIOUSLY doubt HASBRO will allow their franchise to be fucked up, considering their involvement with and the outcome of Transformers.

That being said, I don't hold my breath when it comes to movies anymore.

fliprayzin240sx
03-23-2008, 07:21 AM
I think movie producers are now understanding the need to get inputs from the fans. Theres been enough movies where they asked for the inputs and actually acknowledged them. I think this trend kinda started with X-Men...remember the Juggernaut as far as lines?

jackjack
03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Is there anything more bad ass that this?
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/7/77/OptimusSnakeEyes.jpg/300px-OptimusSnakeEyes.jpg

to answer your question............... NO

:D

jackjack
03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
uhhhh...... bro....... that was already posted on page 3.

HyperTek
03-25-2008, 12:12 PM
I dont think i watched enough GI Joe.. guess i was too busy into ninja turtles lol

hopefully it will be entertaining for adults etc..

they did a good job on transformers it was entertaining to watch as adults could enjoy it too.

man all this snake eyes stuff... reminds me .. they should make a metal gear movie..i think its a big enough franchise. its bigger then hitman and they made a movie about hitman.

stiizy
05-08-2008, 10:49 AM
just something i was looking at this morning!!

Exclusive: G.I. Joe's Heavy Duty!
Source: Paramount Pictures
May 7, 2008

ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! is today premiering the first look at former "Lost" star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Heavy Duty in Paramount Pictures' G.I. Joe (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=36593), coming to theaters on August 7, 2009. The big screen adaptation, directed by Stephen Sommers, co-stars Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller, Ray Park, Rachel Nichols, Said Taghmaoui, Marlon Wayans, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Arnold Vosloo and Christopher Eccleston.

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/GI_Joe/The_Movie/Movie_Stills/hr_GI_Joe_Heavy_Duty.jpg

More photos of other characters have come online as well, including Destro (Christopher Eccleston) (http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4833&Itemid=99), Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) (http://www.latinoreview.com/news/holy-s-it-storm-shadow-looks-totally-badass-4591), Breaker (Saïd Taghmaoui) (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080507o.php), The Baroness (Sienna Miller) (http://movies.ign.com/articles/872/872167p1.html), General Hawk (Dennis Quaid) (http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/article.asp/aid/7803/tcid/1), Duke (Channing Tatum) (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/05/07/exclusive-first-gi-joe-photo-of-channing-tatum-unveils-his-kung-fu-grip/#more-2262), and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) (http://chud.com/articles/articles/14653/1/EXCLUSIVE-IMAGE-RIPCORD-FROM-GI-JOE/Page1.html). Just click the links to check them out!

DOOK
05-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Channing Tatum as Duke and Marlone Wayans as Ripcord... fucking shit... can anyone besides me say fucking gay... I guess Duke is gonna be dancing in this one.

exitspeed
05-08-2008, 10:51 AM
He's a good Heavy Duty.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/061102/12193__eko_l.jpg

DOOK
05-08-2008, 10:54 AM
just think, here is our hero as kids...
http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/d/u/M/stepuppubc.jpg

http://www.enterteenmentnews.com/images/movies/sucr.jpg

sorry, he's not "Duke" material

DOOK
05-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Duke should be Bruce Willis or someone like that... not Paul Walker or Channing Tatum or any other fucking pretty boy... god damn it this ruined my day... might as well call it GI Brokeback Joe

stiizy
05-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Duke should be Bruce Willis or someone like that... not Paul Walker or Channing Tatum or any other fucking pretty boy... god damn it this ruined my day... might as well call it GI Brokeback Joe

haha you crazy Dook i feel you though can't really think of a pretty boy as " a real american hero"

DOOK
05-08-2008, 11:10 AM
when my name sake is being played by a guy known for his dancing movies, I get pissed... (my real name is Duke by the way)... I have no problem with Channing Tatum or his dancing movies, my wife drags me to them all, she is in love with him, but he's not GI JOE god damn it... he could play Ken in a Barbie movie maybe...

jackjack
05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
might as well call it GI Brokeback Joe

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

exitspeed
05-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I found this pic just now. So cool.

http://www.earth-2.net/wallpaper/full/GI_Joe_001.jpg

stiizy
05-30-2008, 11:55 AM
^^ thats a hot pic!!

kyoru
05-30-2008, 12:10 PM
^ what is it my work is blocking it

I found a picture of the baroness and it looked A+++, I'll see if I can find it.

stiizy
05-30-2008, 12:17 PM
its a pic of all the joes standing on the steps of the capital building very detailed illustration ..

exitspeed
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Look at home any cool ass ninja guys there are.

I'm def. doing a GJ Ninja costume for the premier.

ESmorz
05-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm def. doing a GJ Ninja costume for the premier.

http://xa0.xanga.com/d4a8345243768102506059/w72310215.jpg

:keke::keke: :love:

exitspeed
05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
http://xa0.xanga.com/d4a8345243768102506059/w72310215.jpg

:keke::keke: :love:

Yea. My wife thinks it's funny. She'll probably dress up too. We totally are not the stereotypical Nerdy looking people either. But we like to have fun.

Maybe I'll go as Cobra Commander.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/ba/Cobra_commander.jpg/180px-Cobra_commander.jpg

ESmorz
05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Yea. My wife thinks it's funny. She'll probably dress up too. We totally are not the stereotypical Nerdy looking people either. But we like to have fun.

Maybe I'll go as Cobra Commander.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/captain-america/GI%20Joe%20-%20Cobra%20Commander.jpg

Haha that might work, just leave the uzi at home :bigok:

kyoru
05-30-2008, 02:46 PM
http://www.themanroom.com/news/GI_Joe_Movie_Bloody_Baroness_Spy_Pics/2788

Check these out

exitspeed
05-30-2008, 02:57 PM
http://www.themanroom.com/news/GI_Joe_Movie_Bloody_Baroness_Spy_Pics/2788

Check these out

YES! A lot of YES! She looks great. JUST like the cartoon/figure.

exitspeed
06-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't know how this got overlooked.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000125666_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000128682_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000130120_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000132901_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000136729_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000138213_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000139838_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872167/gi-joe-20080507004210928_640w.jpg

stiizy
06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
oh i saw these a while ago just never posted em..

Marlon waynes??? wtf crazy huh

exitspeed
06-26-2008, 01:02 PM
I dunno, but Storm Shadow is dope. I'm really glad they are sticking with the look of the characters and not "hollywoooding" them up real bad.

stiizy
06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
hell yea right.. i like that also can you imagine them with fucking stupid ass super suits and all other shit that has nothing to do with anything..

SochBAT
06-26-2008, 03:26 PM
"real bad.

That saved you.

Serioously. The Overcoat Tail needs to go.

"GI JOE = Our Ninja's are STYLINNNNNN'!!!!!!|

kyoru
06-26-2008, 11:43 PM
That saved you.

Serioously. The Overcoat Tail needs to go.

"GI JOE = Our Ninja's are STYLINNNNNN'!!!!!!|

\Yeah, wtf is up with the overcoat tails.

SochBAT
06-27-2008, 12:04 AM
And why the fuck do the costumes look like reject power rangers?!?!

worangejuice
06-27-2008, 12:12 AM
dear god!!!!
Storm Shadow is now ruined....check.
Looks like a Korean pop star with some fresh Keds.....
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/gi_joe_baroness_storm_shadow_photo.jpg
Bigger
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2008/05/gi-joe-movie-stormshadow.jpg
How does he look anything like this!!??????
http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/news_58_photo1_large-1.jpg
Maybe they're based on these......
http://usuarios.lycos.es/lapaginadebeachhead/img/gijoe/fondosnakeeyesstormshadow01.jpg
This is what I want to see....
http://www.dyecustoms.com/images/sigmassix/stormshadow.jpg

General Hawk.......mehh
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/dennis_quaid_gi_joe_photo.jpg

Hi, I'm Marlon Wayans...........
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/marlon_wayans_gi_joe_photo.jpg

Scarlett
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/rachel_nichols_gi_joe_photo_1.jpg

Cover Girl
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/karolina_kurkova_gi_joe_cover_girl_photo_1.jpg

JeremyR
06-27-2008, 12:55 PM
channing tatum isnt that bad an actor...anyone see him in a guide to recognizing your saints? i had never heard of him or even seen anything by him till this, and it was really good..im not a big fan of dance movies so i guess thats prolly why i never seen him, but in his more serious roles he's pretty good...

SochBAT
06-27-2008, 01:29 PM
channing tatum isnt that bad an actor...anyone see him in a guide to recognizing your saints? i had never heard of him or even seen anything by him till this, and it was really good..im not a big fan of dance movies so i guess thats prolly why i never seen him, but in his more serious roles he's pretty good...

But he looks liek a KID.

GI.JOE = BADASSERY. Not a fucking Day Care.

Storm Shadow = FAIL.

jackjack
07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
found this............ nothing new, but whatever. not the trailer.... just info.

YouTube - Official G.I. Joe Trailer -2009- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV8oZ0npUy0&feature=related)

S13_Nightkid
07-31-2008, 02:58 PM
They made a remake last year i think? It might still be on..it kind of sucked.

LeftNutOfGowd
08-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Yahoo releases some pics on it looks SO SICK

'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' Stills - Photo Gallery on Yahoo! Movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/moviestills/gallery/934/gi-joe-rise-of-cobra-stills#photo7)http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/hda.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/234.jpg

Ray Park (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800355046) as Snake Eyes

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/qerddf.jpg

Channing Tatum (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808597021) as Duke

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/gijoe.jpg

Sienna Miller (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808454413) as The Baroness

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/hgjf.jpg

Said Taghmaoui (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800022297) as Breaker

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/hjffjg.jpg

Marlon Wayans (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800026089) as Ripcord

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/325446.jpg

Rachel Nichols (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1807799855) as Scarlett

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/76i7.jpg

Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808642745) as Heavy Duty

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/gjhkk.jpg

Dennis Quaid (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800015473) as General Hawk

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/rete.jpg

Christopher Eccleston (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800018918) as Destro

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/fghjj.jpg

Lee Byeong-heon (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808573381) as Storm Shadow

98s14inaz
08-05-2008, 08:29 AM

Channing Tatum as Duke and Marlone Wayans as Ripcord... fucking shit... can anyone besides me say fucking gay... I guess Duke is gonna be dancing in this one.

Exactly. I am seriously questioning those two choices. Why the hell would you be so spot on with 98% of the casting choices but screw up on those two...arguably some of the favorites from childhood for a lot of people. Although I have to say seeing Ray Park play snake eyes will be fucking sick. I can't wait to see it still.

stiizy
08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Whose playing Cobra Commander?? if he's even in it??

LeftNutOfGowd
08-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Whose playing Cobra Commander?? if he's even in it??

Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Cobra Commander)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/joseph-gordon-levitt-picture-4.jpg

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Is Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe, Plus, the Logo Revealed! (http://www.movieweb.com/news/76/26676.php)G.I. Joe (http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/37/5337/summary.php) stars Ray Parks (Snake-Eyes), Sienna Miller (Baroness) Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Marlon Waynes (Ripcord), Channing Tatum (Duke), Dennis Quiad (Hawk), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Cobra Commander), Arnold Vosloo (Zartan), Karolina Isela Kurkov (Cover Girl) and Christopher Eccleston (Destro). The film, directed by Stephen Sommers, is scheduled for an August 7, 2009 release.

Not sure if his still playing him the article was from Feb. 8 2008

stiizy
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/0a/200px-Jgl-10dinge_07.jpg

This kid are you fucking serious:ugh::ugh::ugh:

exitspeed
08-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't know how this got overlooked.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000125666_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000128682_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000130120_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000132901_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000136729_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000138213_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872597/gi-joe-20080508000139838_640w.jpg
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872167/gi-joe-20080507004210928_640w.jpg

Yahoo releases some pics on it looks SO SICK

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/hda.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/234.jpg

Ray Park (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800355046) as Snake Eyes

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/qerddf.jpg

Channing Tatum (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808597021) as Duke

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/gijoe.jpg

Sienna Miller (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808454413) as The Baroness

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/hgjf.jpg

Said Taghmaoui (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800022297) as Breaker

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/hjffjg.jpg

Marlon Wayans (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800026089) as Ripcord

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/325446.jpg

Rachel Nichols (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1807799855) as Scarlett

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/76i7.jpg

Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808642745) as Heavy Duty

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/gjhkk.jpg

Dennis Quaid (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800015473) as General Hawk

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/rete.jpg

Christopher Eccleston (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800018918) as Destro

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/fghjj.jpg

Lee Byeong-heon (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1808573381) as Storm Shadow

Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Cobra Commander)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/joseph-gordon-levitt-picture-4.jpg

Not sure if his still playing him the article was from Feb. 8 2008

If he is Cobra Commander, that shit is super lame.

stiizy
08-05-2008, 09:21 AM
^^ Hell yea this little fucking punk sorry this shit just pissed me off

LeftNutOfGowd
08-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Same here I'm trying to see if he is for sure going to play him. If he does end up playing him then that's just a waste of a good movie. Like seriously how can he play the villain

Yep it's confirmed his playing the Cobra Commando

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

Scroll Down to cast

stiizy
08-05-2008, 09:43 AM
WTF i got really pissed when i saw that

I'll even take Travolta or Cage or someone like that who plays a sick Villian

highwaystar22
08-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Same here I'm trying to see if he is for sure going to play him. If he does end up playing him then that's just a waste of a good movie. Like seriously how can he play the villain

Yep it's confirmed his playing the Cobra Commando

Scroll Down to cast

Yup that just ended it for me. I might have to wait for the DVD release. That just got hella lame. Of all the bad ass people you can cast you pick a skinny, small, frail, child.....

exitspeed
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I was this bummed out though when I heard this guy http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2178/2213319061_2df0e4a9c6.jpg?v=0 was playing the Joker though. So who knows.

stiizy
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
^^ true that i sad wtf when i heard that too

Just like Downey as Ironman??

tacotacotaco
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
well wasnt cobra commander kinda like a pansy he wasnt really a bad ass more like a spoiled boy king.

exitspeed
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
well wasnt cobra commander kinda like a pansy he wasnt really a bad ass more like a spoiled boy king.

Yea, he was kinda winey.

And since he's not Battle Armor CC, then he'll probably be like that.
http://www.toybender.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/cobracommanderbattlesuit001.jpg
http://bp1.blogger.com/_ZWOnpF8BaH4/RxBN7s59W7I/AAAAAAAAADE/wZujDI0yOQY/s400/IMG_5985.JPG

stiizy
08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.catskillcomics.com/davidbeck/CobraCommander2.JPG

He always used to talk shit then Run a modern day puss but still make him someone better than that little kid

SochBAT
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Thats the glory of this movie, that i personally think do a bit of justice.

Destro is the main baddie in the flick, but in actuality, its CC. He's the one pulling strings behind the shadows, manipulating Destro and Baroness. He'll come into his own.

DALAZ_68
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Exactly. I am seriously questioning those two choices. Why the hell would you be so spot on with 98% of the casting choices but screw up on those two...arguably some of the favorites from childhood for a lot of people. Although I have to say seeing Ray Park play snake eyes will be fucking sick. I can't wait to see it still.
a fucking agree...bruce willis would have killed in this movie so well....and ripcord...i dunno...why not lawrence fishburn (sp) or someone who actually would meet the criteria...

but fuck it....storm shadow and snake eyes....if they dont have atleast a 5-10 min battle between those 2, the movie will be instad disaster for me, and any real GI joe fan that knows those 2 and there backround

98s14inaz
08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
WTF i got really pissed when i saw that

I'll even take Travolta or Cage or someone like that who plays a sick Villian

In his defense though cobra commander was a whiney bitch in the cartoons so maybe sticking a mask on a whiney bitch actor will work just fine.

98s14inaz
08-05-2008, 09:38 PM

but fuck it....storm shadow and snake eyes....if they dont have atleast a 5-10 min battle between those 2, the movie will be instad disaster for me, and any real GI joe fan that knows those 2 and there backround

That would make the movie worth seeing.

jackjack
08-06-2008, 09:48 AM
teh women = :yum:

LeftNutOfGowd
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
^^ x2

Rachel Nichols (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1807799855) = :drool: :yum::wackit:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/rborroel21/rachel-nichols-gm_l1.jpg

exitspeed
11-25-2008, 09:08 AM
New interview with Byung Hun-Lee, Storm Shadow.

I like this:

IGN: Do you fight Snake Eyes in the film?

Hun-Lee: Yes, they have grown up together actually, like brothers, but there is a big misunderstanding between them. So even though they have grown up together, they become rivals, so they have to fight. It's kind of their destiny. I cannot talk about the twist, but the relationship between him and Snake Eyes -- the dynamic between them -- should be one of the most interesting points of the film.

IGN: G.I. Joe Exclusive (http://movies.ign.com/articles/933/933057p1.html)

fliprayzin240sx
11-25-2008, 09:12 AM
YOooooo JOeeeeee!!!

jackjack
02-02-2009, 11:46 AM
(2009) G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra | Official Movie Site (http://www.gijoemovie.com/)

teaser trailer is now up

all i have to say is

ONMONMONMONM

:naughty:

allntrlundrgrnd
02-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I was this bummed out though when I heard this guy was playing the Joker though. So who knows.

^^ true that i sad wtf when i heard that too

Just like Downey as Ironman??

and look how both those parts turned out.

im not saying im happy about that casting, but you both were terribly wrong in those assumptions.

for good measure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnfiEIYsOYk

jackjack
02-02-2009, 12:50 PM
^wtf ahhahhahhhahhha nice

i have to admit..... i do find Stephen Sommers' movies fun/enjoyable

exitspeed
02-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Honestly it looks WAY cooler then I thought it was going to be. CAN'T WAIT!

bloodie73
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I was sitting at a friends house watching the super bowl, this commercial comes on and started to think... 'wtf is this? shit looks pretty good' since I didn't even know they were making a G.I. Joe movie, until I saw snake eyes and was like 'OMGWTFBBQ!!!! SNAKE EFFIN EYE!!!!'

Teaser was badass.

DALAZ_68
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Honestly it looks WAY cooler then I thought it was going to be. CAN'T WAIT!

SNAKE EYES!!!...nothing more needs to be said :wavey:

cc4usmc
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Looks really retarded. Forgive me for not being able to take pretty boy Channing Tatum and funny guy Marlon Wayans seriously.

SochBAT
03-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Remember how cool Cobra Commander was?

Kicking dogs left and right!

http://www.toplessrobot.com/467px-CobraCommander-150-703331.jpg

Too bad.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9461/cobracommander01.jpg

This is the horse shit we get.

NervGS
03-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Looks really retarded. Forgive me for not being able to take pretty boy Channing Tatum and funny guy Marlon Wayans seriously.

In regards to Marlon Wayans, watch Requiem for a Dream.

That'll at least show you how much he's capable as a serious actor.

-glenn

exitspeed
03-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Remember how cool Cobra Commander was?

Kicking dogs left and right!

http://www.toplessrobot.com/467px-CobraCommander-150-703331.jpg

Too bad.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9461/cobracommander01.jpg

This is the horse shit we get.

Whats in his hand and why is he holding it the way he is?

SochBAT
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I like that his weapon of choice IS A FUCKING PUSH POP.

Vatche
03-26-2009, 08:39 PM
god i love gi joes. snake eyes was everyones favorite, hes like wolverine.

but mostly in his black wardrobe, not most of the newer crap. tunnel rat was fucking awesome too.

lets all hold hands and watch this movie together.

and all the new gi joes fucking suck ass, and they all hold their pussies in the packaging

ESmorz
03-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Whats in his hand and why is he holding it the way he is?

Looks like some sort of futuristic syringe with some mountain dew in it.

SochBAT
04-18-2009, 07:49 PM
This is probably the ONLY good thing to come out of the GI Joe Movie.

G.I. Joe Resolute Trailer! Airs TONIGHT! - Bam! Kapow! Heroes, Villains And Everything In Between. (http://bamkapow.com/g-i-joe-resolute-trailer-airs-tonight--2953-p.html)

New Animated Series!!!! GLORIOUS BULLETS FLYING!

exitspeed
04-19-2009, 06:44 AM
This is probably the ONLY good thing to come out of the GI Joe Movie.

G.I. Joe Resolute Trailer! Airs TONIGHT! - Bam! Kapow! Heroes, Villains And Everything In Between. (http://bamkapow.com/g-i-joe-resolute-trailer-airs-tonight--2953-p.html)

New Animated Series!!!! GLORIOUS BULLETS FLYING!

That is exciting. I wish TF would do a legit series again. I hate the over the top anime inspired shows.

jackjack
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra French Trailer - Trailer Addict (http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/gi-joe/french-trailer)

2 min trailer byotches

get worked

SochBAT
04-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Awesome. So instead of relying on their own brawn and strength, they use Superman Suits.

I love remakes.

exitspeed
04-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Awesome. So instead of relying on their own brawn and strength, they use Superman Suits.

I love remakes.

I dunno. That looks pretty cool.

THE PROPHET
04-30-2009, 05:50 PM
yup shit still looks pretty bad ass!

SochBAT
04-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I dunno. That looks pretty cool.

http://members.tripod.com/~CHANHTstarjipSky201/AutobotGroupshot.jpg

WE ARE THE G.I JOES!!!!

oh wait. No they're not!

Sorry, i'm a goof!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5474/masterchiefs.jpg

GEEE EYE JOEEE!!!!

jackjack
05-01-2009, 11:30 AM
i enjoy stephen sommers' movies. i'll be there for sure. its all about the action, eye candy, and popcorn. yesssssssssssssssssss.

DALAZ_68
05-04-2009, 12:17 AM
I like that his weapon of choice IS A FUCKING PUSH POP.

LOL ohh fucking hell lol

god i love gi joes. snake eyes was everyones favorite, hes like wolverine.

yup yup

just saw the trailer on tv...im watching this no matter what...

WERDdabuilder
05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
aye you fucks.....

i should let you all wait....
but since im a nice guy....

Adult Swim Video (http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25059520b3d89e0120b49221340025)

SochBAT
05-04-2009, 02:32 AM
FUCKING rad. Watch it.

Like Blood? Watch it.

Like tits? WATCH IT!!!!!

Parental Advisory - There really aren't any tits.

Daniel.
05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Wow that resolute thing is freaking awesome!!!!! yessssssssss

DALAZ_68
05-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Parental Advisory - There really aren't any tits.
GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

well there goes an insentive

exitspeed
05-04-2009, 10:16 AM
That Resolute is fuckin BALLER!

WHEN DOES IT START!

I wish they would do the same type of show with Transformers.

Om1kron
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
That Resolute is fuckin BALLER!

WHEN DOES IT START!

I wish they would do the same type of show with Transformers.

Looks like it's like Afro Samurai, same animation style actually. Just rushed wouldn't be surprised if it's the same company that does the animation. Colors are pale and washed out, anyway I fell asleep watching it last night, but looks like a good hour long cartoon with no commercials. I'm thinking it's a 1 shot deal.

exitspeed
08-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow surprisingly IGN gave it a positive review!

IGN: G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Review (http://movies.ign.com/articles/101/1010243p1.html)

I think I'll actually go see this on Fri.

Daniel.
08-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Wow surprisingly IGN gave it a positive review!

IGN: G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Review (http://movies.ign.com/articles/101/1010243p1.html)

I think I'll actually go see this on Fri.

This review alone has convinced me to go see it.

tricky_ab
08-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Explosions, power suits and cleavage... whats to dislike? This film is turning heads around. Like I said to a bunch of my friends, I've always believed in it. I had no idea why people would bad mouth it. Action looks decent,story[ if you actually watch these things for that] is ok.

cxlo8331
08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
i will check tis out this weekend.

hopefully it won't suck.

DALAZ_68
08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Explosions, power suits and cleavage... whats to dislike?

no actual female nudity...:rant:

lol

still checking it out... :)

mehsilvia
08-04-2009, 01:25 PM
So ive been under a rock for awhile, and not until recently did i see the trailer for this.

Sitting on the couch with the wife, the trailer starts. IMMEDIATELY i look over and say - "Oh yeah, we gonna see this shit!"

Then i quickly glance back to see two dudes in "power suits" doing cartwheels around a missle :-/

Needless to say, i got a little more than a glance back from the wife :squint:

This may end up another one i have to wait for rental

BustedS13
08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
movie looks like spandex wrapped cgi clown shit

SochBAT
08-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Lets all play Halo3 guys!

DALAZ_68
08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
So ive been under a rock for awhile, and not until recently did i see the trailer for this.

Sitting on the couch with the wife, the trailer starts. IMMEDIATELY i look over and say - "Oh yeah, we gonna see this shit!"

Then i quickly glance back to see two dudes in "power suits" doing cartwheels around a missle :-/

Needless to say, i got a little more than a glance back from the wife :squint:

This may end up another one i have to wait for rental

its aint always a good time...

Lets all play Halo3 guys!

i was about to suggest that...damn...im at work till 5...ghey

SochBAT
08-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Seriously though, GI Joe has a FUCKING RICH ASS HISTORY of awesomeness.

Why do they gotta fuck up all movies with Origin-type bullshit?

If i were to have made a Joe film, I'd have it knee-deep in Joe v Cobra fighting. Character development thru the course of the movie, not "Meet Duke. He's the Leader. He played QB in Highschool!"

"Now Meet Ripcord! He used to work at the local news stand with his brother, and was always found at the Diner, which was owned by his father, Pops. He wasn't good in life, so he joined the Army. Go Joe!"

And StormShadow. Gooood lord. KPop start? Really?

cxlo8331
08-11-2009, 09:48 AM
so did anyone see this?

DALAZ_68
08-11-2009, 09:58 AM
seriously, its out, does anyone actually have time unlike me to watch this

exitspeed
08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I've been wanting to go but have been so fuckin busy. It's pissing me off. I miiiight be able to go tonight.

Daniel.
08-11-2009, 10:54 AM
It says a lot that no one on here has seen this yet haha.

exitspeed
08-11-2009, 11:09 AM
It says a lot that no one on here has seen this yet haha.

It says even more that despite that it still made $100 million dollars int he first weekend.

Daniel.
08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
It says even more that despite that it still made $100 million dollars int he first weekend.

This is true. And this is also why the studios will order a sequel to be made sometime this week, regardless of how much money it makes in the long run.

:p

fliprayzin240sx
08-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I saw it out here in Japan last week end. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I mean, its not a bad movie, but seems like they cut alot of fucking corners. It didnt have the same "Wow" factor like say, the first TF1. Seems like they run out of money for the fucking CGs. All the CGs seems so fucking washed and plain/generic. If they made this whole movie focus on Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadows ALONE, it would have been 500% better.

PS: Who ever was the military advisor for this movie need to get slapped in the face, How the fuck are you gonna be in full service uniform with a fucking Goatee?!?!

BustedS13
08-11-2009, 11:51 AM
couple buddies went to see it, i declined. it looks like shit, and everyone says it was shit.

but, it's pg-13. so it can make money anyway. which is equally shit.

exitspeed
08-11-2009, 11:57 AM
couple buddies went to see it, i declined. it looks like shit, and everyone says it was shit.

but, it's pg-13. so it can make money anyway. which is equally shit.

Not everyone...

This is true. And this is also why the studios will order a sequel to be made sometime this week, regardless of how much money it makes in the long run.

:p

http://movies.ign.com/articles/101/1012844p1.html

You hit the nail on the head.

VIPDRFT
08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I saw the midnite showing. It was packed! If you go see it, I recommend sitting a little closer to the screen and not in the nose-bleeds. Overall, it was better than I expected. Snake Eyes was bad ass!

murda-c
08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
It really was just like watching the cartoon.

Silly as fuck, but i enjoyed it.

anthony240
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I liked the concept, but could've been brought together cleaner. Flashbacks were not needed. Cobra, Baroness, and Zartan were played well by their actors, the rest was garbage, especially Channing Tatum, who the hell cast this guy? Snake Eyes/Stormshadow fight scenes were keeping me from walking out of this movie.

BustedS13
08-11-2009, 11:16 PM
i'll probably go ahead and double feature it with something else. i call bullshit on this movie being worth 10 bucks to see.

exitspeed
08-12-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm gonna wait til it's at the Budget Theater now. I wanna go see District 9.

anthony240
08-12-2009, 10:11 AM
My Friday double feature: District 9 and The Goods

exitspeed
08-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm buying this for sure.

Nerduo presents: The Battle — T-Shirt (http://nerduo.com/thebattle/)

cxlo8331
08-14-2009, 12:06 PM
that shirt is dope!

i will check this on saturday. maybe district 9 too!

Dirty Habit
08-14-2009, 12:08 PM
^

so fucking awesome.

SochBAT
08-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I never realized SnakeEyes had a mouth loooking thing in the movie..

WTF.