PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Advice, Saudi-style

RJF
11-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives
Friday , November 02, 2007

Move over, Dr. Phil, there's a new relationship expert in town.

He's Saudi author and cleric, "Dr." Muhammad Al-'Arifi, who in a remarkable segment broadcast on Saudi and Kuwaiti television in September, counseled young Muslim men on how to treat their wives.

"Admonish them – once, twice, three times, four times, ten times," he advised. "If this doesn't help, refuse to share their beds."

And if that doesn't work?

"Beat them," one of his three young advisees responded.

"That's right," Al-'Arifi said.

He goes on to calmly explain to the young men that hitting their future wives in the face is a no-no.

"Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals," he explained. "Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face."

His final words of wisdom?

"Woman, it has gone too far. I can't bear it anymore," he tells the men to tell their wives. "If he beats her, the beatings must be light and must not make her face ugly.

"He must beat her where it will not leave marks. He should not beat her on the hand... He should beat her in some places where it will not cause any damage. He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child -- slapping them right and left.

"Unfortunately, many husbands beat their wives only when they get mad, and when they start beating, it as if they are punching a wall – they beat with their hands, right and left, and sometimes use their feet. Brother, it is a human being you are beating. This is forbidden. He must not do this."

Take that, Match.com!

Saltman
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Hahahahahahaha. Now thats funny. I've got to send this to my wife now.

BustedS13
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
i didn't buy this, so i went looking for answers... apparently it's legit. your version chops it up a bit to make it sound worse, but... he's still advocating beating your wife.
http://www.memritv.org/clip_transcript/en/1594.htm

Saudi Cleric Muhammad Al-'Arifi Explains Wife Beating in Islam to Young Muslims in a Ramadhan Show

Following are excerpts from a program with Saudi cleric Muhammad Al-'Arifi, which aired on LBC TV on September 9, 2007.
Muhammad Al-'Arifi: Men beat women more often than women beat men. I said that some women beat their husbands because this happens, but it is rare, and there is no need to hold conferences on wives who beat their husbands. I believe this is less prevalent, because by nature, the body of the man... In most cases, Allah made the body of men stronger than the body of women. Therefore, you and your sister... You may be taller than your mother, right? If your mother is ill, you may be able to carry her, but she cannot carry you. Allah created women with these delicate, fragile, supple, and soft bodies, because they use their emotions more than they use their bodies. Therefore, while the man may use beating to discipline his wife, she sometimes uses her tears to discipline him. He gets what he wants by screaming, while she gets what she wants from him by crying and displaying emotions. For men, women's emotions may be fiercer than the strike of a sword.
[... ]
First, "admonish them" – once, twice, three times, four times, ten times. If this doesn't help, "refuse to share their beds." In such a case, the husband does not sleep with his wife, or, in other words, he is angry with her. He gives her the silent treatment, refusing to talk to her. If he comes to eat, and she asks him: "How are you?" – he doesn't answer. If she asks him: "Do you want anything?" – he doesn't answer. He distances himself from her in bed and in conversation, he does not sleep with her, but goes to sleep in another room. He shows her that he is angry with her. If this does not help – if the admonishing did no good, and when he goes to sleep in another room, she says: "Thank God, he's gone. Now I've got the whole bed to myself, I will sleep alone in bed and roll over at night as much as I like." If neither method worked with her, what is the third option?
Guest: "And beat them."
Al-'Arifi: That's right. How is this beating performed? What do you think?
Guest:: Light beatings.
Al-'Arifi: Light beatings in what way?
Guest:: For example, I wouldn't beat her in the face...
Al-'Arifi: Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals. When a person is beating an animal... Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face. Some religious scholars say: "He should beat her with a toothpick." I happen to have a toothpick with me. A man who is angry with his wife because she doesn't get it... If he says to her: "Watch out, the child has fallen next to the stove," or: "Move the child away from the electrical socket," and she says: "I am busy" – then he beats her with a toothpick or something like it. He doesn't beat her with a bottle of water, a plate, or a knife. This is forbidden. The scholars said he should beat her with a toothpick. Check out how gentle the toothpick used for beating is. This shows you that the purpose is not to inflict pain. When you beat an animal, you intend to cause it pain so it will obey you, because an animal would not understand if you said: "Oh camel, come on, start moving." The camel does not understand such things, unless you beat it. A donkey understands nothing but beatings, but a woman, a man, a child, and so on, are generally more affected by emotions than by other things. If you beat her with a toothpick, or if you beat her lightly with your hand, and so on, it is meant to convey: "Woman, it has gone too far. I can't bear it anymore." If he beats her, the beatings must be light and must not make her face ugly. He must beat her where it will not leave marks. He should not beat her on the hand... He should beat her in some places where it will not cause any damage. He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child - slapping them right and left. Unfortunately, many husbands beat their wives only when they get mad, and when they start beating, it as if they are punching a wall – they beat with their hands, right and left, and sometimes use their feet. Brother, it is a human being you are beating. This is forbidden. He must not do this.

exitspeed
11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Beat that bitch with a bat.

azndoc
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Anyone remember that scene in Boondock Saints.

Where he tells that big ass lady the meaning of "rule of thumb."

jackjack
11-02-2007, 01:52 PM
i didnt even have to open the thread..... lol i knew what was comming.

eastcoastS14
11-02-2007, 03:57 PM
so messed up....someone should beat these guys...one of my cousins went to the middle east a long time ago, probably in the mid 90's and he was in a convenience store and looked at some girl....her husband caught her looking back and slapped her in the face.....crazy shit

supad0rk
11-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Anyone remember that scene in Boondock Saints.

Where he tells that big ass lady the meaning of "rule of thumb."

I think one of the brothers mentioned the rule of thumb, and then she told them where it came from. Watch the first scene of The Way of the Gun, that breaks all rules.

Difference in society though, I don't believe it is right, but I don't think I can do much against a few hundred or thousand years of a society. I think there are scumbags that would change religions in order to be safe.

illvialuver
11-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Hahahahahahaha. Now thats funny. I've got to send this to my wife now.

damn...... brutal

DRavenS13
11-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Let some Saudi MF try to hit me for some bullshit- I'll put his ass in the hospital after I've beaten him with his own arm.

Dirty Habit
11-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Watch the first scene of The Way of the Gun, that breaks all rules.

i laughed so hard..

smellslikecurry
11-03-2007, 07:00 AM
lol i knew about this long ago...they also think if your wife cheats on you its ok to kill her...

imagine how many girls would die then??!

B18C5MK1
11-03-2007, 11:47 AM
found this on wikipedia

"rule of thumb"

The earliest citation comes from Sir William Hope’s The Compleat Fencing-Master, second edition, 1692, page 157: "What he doth, he doth by rule of thumb, and not by art"[2]
The notion that the "rule of thumb" was a law that limited the width of a rod that a man may use to beat his wife has been partially discredited. Wife beating has been explicitly illegal in British law since the 1700s, and has never been legally sanctioned in America.[3] However, at least four judges and other legal authorities from 1782 to 1897 have referred to the bogus law in spite of the fact that it never existed.[4]The non-law gained popularity after feminist Del Martin wrote in 1976:
Our law, based upon the old English common-law doctrines, explicitly permitted wife-beating for correctional purposes. However . . . the common-law doctrine had been modified to allow the husband 'the right to whip his wife, provided that he used a switch no bigger than his thumb'--a rule of thumb, so to speak.

ixfxi
11-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Fuck yeah...

gotta throw the pimp hand down from time to time. If you cant handle it, dont act up. That goes for everyone, man woman and child. You dont want problems? Be a good person and be well mannered.

Shit, even that college kid in Florida would've been fine if he shut the fuck up. Instead, he got "dont taste me bro" and will be known forever in history.

The only difference in OUR society is that we have the police to do this shit for us, which is worse, imo. Police beat down anyone who's acting a fool, and in jail or prison your life is even more filled with that shit. Join the military? Same happens there.

jackjack
11-03-2007, 01:41 PM
keep yer pimp hand strong

Farzam
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Beating women jokes aren't funny